Intel 5960X Processor

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1r6oJNm

Amazon: http://geni.us/3pRn

For a long time, Intel has been muddying the waters between enthusiast and general consumer platforms. But with the release of their 4th gen processors, they have drawn a solid line between the two. Welcome to our showcase of the beast that is known as the Intel 5960X.

xwoa.gif

YES

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Double posted, reported.

jokes

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Nice post, keep it up... & hats off to @nicklmg for the post,seems like you're the one posting all the new vids lately..

EDIT : linus is talking so fast , if i put a sample beat on to the video track from the begining to the end , it'll sound like a killer rap video about enthusiast grade CPU... Genius.. simply genius...

mqdefault.jpg

Details separate people.

Really looking forward to RapageDev and TonyMacs getting their hands on these, and the motherboard. I want another workstation.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

What was wrong with the video? seems to be tearing/glitching everywhere My bad, my problems.

Good video! still not getting one in the near future :P

And I didn't know my i7-920 was an enthusiast platform when I got it...Looks like I'll be truly reviving that system very soon :P

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

What was wrong with the video? seems to be tearing/glitching everywhere

must be you, I've never experienced that.  

must be you, I've never experienced that.  

Yeah I think it was, must be my craptastic internet or my laptop

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Do a review of the 5920K 28 lanes vs 40 lanes in multi-gpu configs.Would be nice to know.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

My i7 960 is pretty ok for me, but i hate the X58 motherboards... I would upgrade to X99 chipset just for the awesome motherboards. Oh.. and for the ridiculously fast CPU :P

Do a review of the 5920K 28 lanes vs 40 lanes in multi-gpu configs.Would be nice to know.

What he said! :D 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I want to see this looked into from a content creator's perspective. Just to answer that question at the end. An in-depth comparison between the 5820K and 5930K (namely in terms of who should buy which and why) would be the loveliest lovely time.

I too would be interested in seeing this.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Yes please Linus. Do some content on the 5820K from a content creator's perspective. Including some Adobe CC benchmarks please ? And perhaps explain the pitfalls of it's fewer PCI-e lanes ? Thanks

Apple Pippin 2.0 (Corsair Gaming Hackintosh) :

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 24 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
  • Intel 330 Series 120 GB SSD (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD (Windows 7)
  • OWC Mercury Electra 3G 30 GB SSD (Scratch Disk)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair 600T White case
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

@LinusTech Have you ever timed yourself saying all the stuff at the end of the video?

Anyway @nicklmg, I would really really like to see (in decreasing order of priority):

• the 5960X compared to a much higher priced Xeon (maybe even the one Edzel uses) as a workstation chip.
  • the 5820K compared to the 4790K as a gamer/workstation chip.
  • the 5820K compared to the 5930K for PCIe lane variance (28 lanes vs 40 lanes).

I'm not super interested in memory comparison yet since DDR4 will show its true potential later on, even though it is already pretty beast.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

ZOMG Gimme gimme gimme.

Looks like I'm saying good bye to my current setup come december :)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I posted this in the comments section on YouTube but I'd like to put it here as well.

Seeing as Mantle is supposed to leverage extra cores I would love to see some benchmarks of a Mantle game (Battlefield 4 being the obvious choice) running on a high end AMD CPU (FX-8350 perhaps) and on the i7 5960X.

EDIT: Or just DX11 vs Mantle on the i7 5960X.

How come the 4790k was faster for Handbrake?

Anantech shows the 5960X being better (http://www.anandtech.com/show/8426/the-intel-haswell-e-cpu-review-core-i7-5960x-i7-5930k-i7-5820k-tested/7), which is what I'd have expected (although apparently the 5820k is a bit slower). I appreciate these settings could have been different, but why would they cause the program to prefer faster cores over more cores?

Can you do an overclocking guide to the 5960x (or x99 in general)? I have mine at 4.3ghz but it is just with the Asus "overclocking for idiots" button. 

How come the 4790k was faster for Handbrake?

Anantech shows the 5960X being better (http://www.anandtech.com/show/8426/the-intel-haswell-e-cpu-review-core-i7-5960x-i7-5930k-i7-5820k-tested/7), which is what I'd have expected (although apparently the 5820k is a bit slower). I appreciate these settings could have been different, but why would they cause the program to prefer faster cores over more cores?

Anandtech ran Handbrake with 2 4K video samples, Linus used 1080p

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

When is SATA Express SSDs going to be available?

Early 2015 supposedly, but I'd bet that PCI/M.2 are going to win out in the long term.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

I really want a video that explains "real" video edition/production that JUSTIFIES these 6 (and now 8) core platforms

there are so many people out there that think "video editing" is with windows movie maker or sony vegas pro - when in reality those are so basic they can be accomplished by "mainstream" platforms

would really help stop the misinformation spread / bad advice on what actual kind of "workstation" work should consider 6+ cores and those that should be more realistic

we got a hint of this with Edzel on the last WAN show and it was interesting to listen too