Intel 5960X Processor

I would like to see an in-depth video of the 5820K, as it seems to be the most head turning chip right now. Who is really this chipset addressed to? Do you have to be a video editor to see any difference? Most people say DDR4 makes it kind of waste of money right now if you're not involved in any creative content production, and they seem to have a point.

But my issue is, how a relatively simple X99 build (remains beasty though) is gonna stand against high end z97s in terms of longevity for someone who isn't keen on upgrading often? In other words, do you think its gonna prove to be a better choice in 3-4 years from now?

Asking as a s775 C2D user, the time for new gear has come long ago.

(1st post, greetings to everybody!)

So? USB 3.0 is backwards compatible.

Yes, I know but USB 3 support is not all there. In my experience it's still a little flakey sometimes.

I love this thing!! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

it's funny because on the WANshow the Intel guy (sorry I don't remeber his name! :unsure:) said that even adding an aluminium case or a t-shirt into an Intel-E package is gonna be expensive, then Linus got this beast lol

(yeah I know it's a special limited edition and stuff, just sayin..)

2020 AMD Build:

Ryzen 3800x - Asus TUF x570 - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600cl16 - ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8G - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - Sabrent Rocket 1TB

2012 Intel Build:

Intel i5-3570k @4.0Ghz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 - XFX HD7970 GHz - Enermax Revolution87+ 650w - Crucial MX500 500GB

i love capsule more than chip :wub:

this thing can be modded to be great pc case, put some water cooling inside and it will look super awesome.

Even without the special, cool thing Intel did this was a pro unboxing by Linus.  He makes them fun and really needs to do a few unboxings per month and not leave it to where it has been a year between unboxings.  Seriously good stuff Linus.  

After what I saw as a horrible The WAN Show last night this pro unboxing picked up my spirits again in relation to what you do at Linus Media Group.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

you guys should use the container to make a modded pc case

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I don't suppose anyone knows if you can actually buy this bundle? This would be awesome to have.

Intel's response to apple's garbage can.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

What about power consumption when overclocked? I would also like to see a comparison with X79 motherboards,  X99 looks like the boards would be more efficient and have lower power consumption overall.

Neither well, nor normal.

hmm...i think every chip should come in a capsule ^^

Nice unboxing! Does anyone know what kind of knife was on his keychain?

Spyderco HoneyBee

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

• 7 months later...

i'm looking for some high res pictures of this thing, but can't find any.

can somebody please make some?

thanks

edit:

with thing i mean the box