Next gen games could cost 100$

This topic was made before the prices for the games were updated

Article: http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/next-gen-games-could-cost-100-3871

Both ps4 and xbox one games available for preorder on amazon cost 100$

Watch dogs http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BI83EVU/ref=pe_371960_29996960_email_1p_1_lm
Thief http://www.amazon.com/Thief-4-playstation/dp/B00C27SCC2/ref=pd_sim_vg_3
AC4 http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-4-playstation/dp/B00BMFIXOW/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_y

Will pc games have the same fate? Since new releases always cost the same for pc and console.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Those are more than likely place holder prices.

They did this same thing last generation with the pricing.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Usually retailer put higher price and lower it down after confirm.It is the same as preorder price of Xbox One,Amazon Germany put it's price as 800$

Well if it is gonna be the real pricings, piracy is gonna shoot up. Like said, it will probably go down.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Usually retailer put higher price and lower it down after confirm.It is the same as price xbox one pre order,Amazon Germany put it price as 800$

Actually, the Xbox One being $800 is very possible.

At the GameStops near me the managers were complaining how apparently the Xbox One is projected to be $800 at the most and maybe $600 at the least.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Actually, the Xbox One being $800 is very possible.

At the GameStops near me the managers were complaining how apparently the Xbox One is projected to be $800 at the most and maybe $600 at the least.

Well if this true,they not gonna get 400mil sales target of Xbox One and you can get better pc with that kind of money

Xbox One is estimated to be $900 in Australia all retailers have it for $900 pre order.

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

this happened a day or two after ps4 was announced its probably a place holder, and pc games (in the us at least) are usually $10 cheaper.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

PC games and console games don't always start at the same price look at this for example

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Playstation-3/dp/B00C7103DO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369645834&sr=8-1&keywords=arkham+origins

Also Nahhhh I'm sure the price will go down... At least I hope :ph34r:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

PC games and console games don't always start at the same price look at this for example

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Playstation-3/dp/B00C7103DO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369645834&sr=8-1&keywords=arkham+origins

Also Nahhhh I'm sure the price will go down... At least I hope :ph34r:

Why is the PC downloadable version $10 more than the PC physical/retail version? 

That's bizarre. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Well if this true,they not gonna get 400mil sales target of Xbox One

They're not even going to get close to that number no matter what lol. It is the most unrealistic shareholder pipe dream in history.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why is the PC downloadable version $10 more than the PC physical/retail version?

Don't know man it is odd...

That's bizarre.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Xbox One costs $800?  Who the f*ck would even buy that! You could get a decent mid-range rig with that money

Xbox One costs $800?  Who the f*ck would even buy that! You could get a decent mid-range rig with that money

Yeah that would be stupid and they won't sell 10M if PS4 is priced normally. It's probably not going to happen though...

looks like FTP is going to be big next gen :D

Character artist in the Games industry.

No never settle bundles with those AMD APUs under the hood? ^^

The price of Australian PS4 games for pre-order are at $118 AUD and the console at $899 AUD.

if it's $600 and after a while comes down in price to like $400 I can see it being successful,I wouldn't buy it,but I can see it selling well.

I mean the "pre-order" ps3's sold for over $1000 on ebay.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

800 dollars for an xbox one. You could get a pc which has over twice the power of it.

I would agree with you. I would rather buy a PC and get cheap games on Steam rather than buying an $800 console and $100 for each game.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer