Next gen games could cost 100$

If this happens, it looks like i'm sailing the pirate bay.

"The internet is a series of tubes"

Ha if that's the case I'm going PC 100%. Was going to buy a PS4 but if games break the threshold of being $60, I'm out. The purpose behind making a PC-esque architecture for the next gens was to reduce dev costs amirite? 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Mmm, the PS3 was $999 on release here in Australia if I remember correctly.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Games are already ~90-100 dollars in Sweden so yeaa... Except for PC games which are closer to 60 dollars. That is why I moved to Steam :)

last time i checked (a while ago since moving to PC) xbox games in the AUS are $100 ish of the shelf brand new anyways.

this sounds like horrible news for australian customers. especially when ps3 was released here at 1k on launch.

Well, when ps3 came in Croatia games did cost 100$...

Even the PC games are being overcharged :( Atleast down here in India the prices arent that inflated and the preorder for Watchdogs on the PC goes for 20$ :P

PC in Profile

Probably just placeholder prices, but if they are real then I don't know what to do. The newest lumia phones, even the cheapest ones, were 999,99e when they weren't yet released but you could still see them in stores

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

If their smart they stick to normal price or i suspect the ps4 and especialy xbox one gonna be cracked very soon after release.

With such high price your just asking for trouble.

@Daban

lol use g2play

Is G2Play good, I mean, are they legit? Never heard of them before and their prices seem to good to be true...

I mostly use steam + GMG + gamersgate (whichever has the best offer) for games but might include G2play...

games will never be over 60 

In Germany CoD starts at 70€, about 90$

The mandatory kinect is going to add to the price.

Why is the PC downloadable version $10 more than the PC physical/retail version? 

That's bizarre. 

the CD costs money to make, burn, put ink on, put in a case (which they also need to make), etc. the Download skips all these steps. 

the CD costs money to make, burn, put ink on, put in a case (which they also need to make), etc. the Download skips all these steps. 

What? That doesn't explain why the digital version is more expensive. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

:blink:  :blink: 100$ keep dreaming,, I will get a free to play mmo and spend 100$ in game items and play for 2 years a great game.....  better than paying 100$ for a ~35 Hr game story. 

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

'Please note that there are no official prices announced for Xbox One products. The price stated above is a placeholder.'

£90 will not be the final price of XBOX ONE or PS4 Games.

#KILLEDMYWIFE

now they are forcing us to resort to piracy_if I have to own 10 games in a year i will spend £1000 approximately that's just ridiculous_I hope pc games wont cost that much_ 

So according to Amazon.co.uk. Xbox One games will be going on sale for £89.99/$136.87.

Surely for that price, game sales are just going to come to halt! That's ridiculous especially considering the demographic of games, children and students.

Either I am missing something or the next generation of games is going to be poor!

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xbox+one+games&sprefix=xbox+one%2Caps%2C241

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

They're just placeholders because they don't know what the actual pricing will be. They'll come down eventually, It's a common practice.

If you click on one of the products, there's disclaimers below the pricing

i5-3570k, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 1155 Z77, Patriot 8GB  (2*4GB), ASUS R9 290, Coolermaster HAF, OCZ 120 GB SSD + WD 1 TB HDD, Corsair CX750M, Samsung 22" + HP 23", CM Hyper 212 EVO, Ducky Shine 3 (Cherry MX Blue), Razer Naga 2014

I honestly doubt that the prices will actually rise, if anything prices have dropped ~$10 in the past 8 years. ($69.99 down to $59.99 from most publishers).

Steambox INCOMINGGGGG *splash*

Here's http://www.amazon.com/Thief-4-Xbox-One/dp/B00CYNTHA0/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1369991605&sr=1-9&keywords=xbox+one'>Thief for Xbox One @ $99.99. I was hoping to pick up the new Xbox One and PS4, but this has now got me rethinking my future console gaming plans. I already game on PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and the Wii U.... Guess that's the end of my console gaming days if these prices are to be believed.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

the next generation of computer games are going to be free to play games with either pay to win of freemium features

Character artist in the Games industry.

No way can they sell xbox one games for £90+, it'll be £50 at the most!

Though considering it's the xbox one and everything that has happened I wouldn't be surprised at this point...