Next gen games could cost 100$

On Amazon in the UK the new games have gone up in price to £54. 

what were they before?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

what were they before?

Something between £35 and £45. I used to import my games from Amazon UK since shipping is free, but if they UP the prices forget it.

we already pay 80-100$ for games in sweden.

i dont see a problem

i dont see a problem

aw :c

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

What? That doesn't explain why the digital version is more expensive. 

No it doesn't which is why I still have my optical drive.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

No it doesn't which is why I still have my optical drive.

there are some games that are on amazon that are 3 times less than the digital copy :/

i dont see a problem

Haha I was just about to post this. Worst case scenario we might end up having to pay 1000 SEK (~150 USD) for a game. I doubt that they will go up in price though. The prices on Amazing has gone down and from what I've seen, prices on games has slowly been going down ever since the NES. I still got a few NES games with the pricetag "499 SEK" on them, which is pretty much the same as AAA titles for the Xbox 360 costs these days. If you take inflation into consideration, games has gone down quite a bit in price.

Haha I was just about to post this. Worst case scenario we might end up having to pay 1000 SEK (~150 USD) for a game. I doubt that they will go up in price though. The prices on Amazing has gone down and from what I've seen, prices on games has slowly been going down ever since the NES. I still got a few NES games with the pricetag "499 SEK" on them, which is pretty much the same as AAA titles for the Xbox 360 costs these days. If you take inflation into consideration, games has gone down quite a bit in price.

I would love to know the average income in Sweden. I don't know the average income in Portugal, but I do now the unemployment rate: 17,8%. And guess what? Games cost $90 here. Lovely. :)

Edit: Net average wage: Sweeden - $2726 ; Portugal - $1164. Less than half... we get shafted pretty badly... we always do. lol

The prices on Amazon UK are now £54.99 for next-gen games!

this topic was made before they were updated!!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

this topic was made before they were updated!!

I know, but everyone was still talking about the old prices!

They will always put pre-order prices higher. You dont want to tell consumers "Actually you owe me more money". You want to say "Guess what!, I can give you back some of your money"

Anyone whis ever worked in retail knows you dont want to piss off a customer. Its just a pain in the ass.

there are some games that are on amazon that are 3 times less than the digital copy :/

Yup and can be reinstalled in ten minutes if you format. No spending two days to download a 30gb game ! It's quite mad really.. 

I've always preferred my hard media, makes for a nice collection :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Yup and can be reinstalled in ten minutes if you format. No spending two days to download a 30gb game ! It's quite mad really.. 

I've always preferred my hard media, makes for a nice collection :)

i hate discs XD i get ~2mb/s down so downloading games isn't really an issue 

They're just placeholders, guys. There were dozens of threads complaining about the preorder prices of the consoles themselves after the initial PS4 announcement, and it didn't end up being $700 like some people were freaking out about. A lot of the games have changed prices to the normal range since E3.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

He asked why the digital version was more expensive.

Oh, I must have misread that. Sorry. But as far as the digital version being more expensive, it would likely be because they want to get rid of CDs. It's also slightly easier to pirate off of a digital copy, since you can put protection against copying into the CD.

GameStop has PS4 games listed for $59.99 in the U.S 

They where £34. But on PC they started at £24.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You called?

That's weird... my reply got put into a new comment. anyway... What I originally meant to say was- 

Oh, I must have misread that. Sorry. But as far as the digital version being more expensive, it would likely be because they want to get rid of CDs. It's also slightly easier to pirate off of a digital copy, since you can put protection against copying into the CD.

Yea, those were place holders, but it seems like other english countries get fucked on the price 

Microsoft has already announced retail pricing will stay at $60.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo