Microsoft set to unveil Windows 9 on September 30th

Dietrichw

Source

Windows-9-nouveau-syst%C3%A8me-activatio

Microsoft is planning to unveil its Windows 8 successor next month at a special press event. Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the software maker is tentatively planning its press event for September 30th to detail upcoming changes to Windows as part of a release codenamed "Threshold." This date may change, but the Threshold version of Windows is currently in development and Microsoft plans to release a preview version of what will likely be named Windows 9 to developers on September 30th or shortly afterwards. The date follows recent reports from ZDNet that suggested Microsoft is planning to release a preview version of Windows 9 in late September or early October.

While Threshold is likely to be named Windows 9, it’s unlikely that Microsoft will name its upcoming Windows release at its press event. Instead, Microsoft is said to be planning an overview of key new features of the upcoming operating system, with a technical preview ready for developers and enthusiasts. Microsoft is also building a separate combined version of Windows RT and Windows Phone, and the company may take the time to detail this work during its press event. Either way, Microsoft’s next version of Windows is nearing completion and the company will be ready to talk more about it next month.

well now we have a date of the preview coming out and now we have a press event. 

Oh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oct 1

everybody stays on windows 7

STAY STRONG PEOPLE

Why? Windows 8.x is technically superior in every single area. The only disputes are over Start screen which can be changed with free alternatives.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I'll still end up buying it. I didn't mind 8, currently trying to figure out the German version of 8.1. Not bad regardless.

Should I pretend to be excited?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

To truly screw with them everybody should install 95.

no driver support :(

doom keeps crashing

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Windows 3.1 . . . .

Ew, no.

no driver support :(

doom keeps crashing

Write your own. :P

oooh

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I'll watch, but as they announce more 'features' from 8 that they're reversing, I'll be enjoying the beautiful new OS X Yosemite (at least, it should launch by then).

For real though, hopefully it comes with an announcement about DX12, that shit needs to get here now.

Windows 3.1 . . . .

Windows 3.1 . . . .

DOS ALL THE WAY :D

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Why? Windows 8.x is technically superior in every single area. The only disputes are over Start screen which can be changed with free alternatives.

Windows 7 is like a 3-legged puppy, sure it's not the best. You could get rid of it for a four-legged puppy, but you love ol' 3 legs too much.

also, Windows 8 and variants are shit

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Actually it has to do more with the fact that it's impossible to access settings without going though 10 different screens and going back and forth between desktop and metro also I've had massive networking issues on 8.1 which wasn't surprising as Microsoft never properly did the networking right in it's entire history.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I will only get Windows 9 if I can get the Pro Version for 15 Euros again!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I'll still end up buying it. I didn't mind 8.

^

I'll watch, but as they announce more 'features' from 8 that they're reversing, I'll be enjoying the beautiful new OS X Yosemite (at least, it should launch by then).

For real though, hopefully it comes with an announcement about DX12, that shit needs to get here now.

i only hope they bring a real start menu back, and have the option to disable modern completly

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

ooh can't wait to VM this via 8.1!

Personally I'm hoping for no start menu because it's actually not very useful at all and there are plenty alternatives you can pick up for $5 that were better than the previous Start Menus.

^

i only hope they bring a real start menu back, and have the option to disable modern completly

And the other way around too. I truly do prefer Modern over Start.

And the other way around too. I truly do prefer Modern over Start.

fair enough :) i cant stand it on my PC. i love it on my phone tho

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Windows 3.1 . . . .

Keep in mind Windows 3.1 has no support for modern network connections, including internet. There are some hacks you can do to install an older version of netscape and manually install drivers for TCP/IPv4 support, but the odds of it functioning correctly are slim to none.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

fair enough :) i cant stand it on my PC. i love it on my phone tho

Making both groups happy is a win-win so I guess that means you'll get more money.