Moto 360 smartwatch priced at $249.99 according to Best Buy listing

ETRJ

Motorola is all set to unveil its Moto 360 watch at a press event in Chicago on September 4th, but it looks like Best Buy has let the cat out of the bag. A product page for the Android Wear smartwatch has mistakenly gone live on Best Buy's mobile site, and it lists the device with a $249.99 price tag.

This is not the first time we've heard that the Moto 360 will cost $249.99. The fine print of the official rules for a Motorola contest this past May placed the smartwatch's approximate retail value at the same price. Droid Life first reported on the leak earlier this afternoon.

JUST $20 MORE THAN THE G WATCH

That price puts the Moto 360 at just a bit more than the first two Android Wear smartwatches, the LG G Watch and the Samsung Gear Live, which cost $229 and $199.99, respectively. For the extra cash, the Moto 360 appears to be quite a bit more attractive from a design standpoint — its circular display is certainly well-suited for a watch.

The Best Buy page does list some preliminary specifications: the LCD touchscreen is said to come in at a resolution of 320 x 290, and the display is protected with Gorilla Glass 3. It's also water resistant and it has an optical heart rate monitor built in like the Gear Live. There's a built-in pedometer as well.

Notably, the product page does not offer a release date other than a vague "coming soon," though Google previously said that it'd be available sometime this summer. Of course, it's worth noting that product pages have been wrong in the past, and it's also possible that Motorola could make a last minute price change. We expect to hear much more about the watch early next month, but for now be sure to check our hands-on preview of the device from this past June.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/17/6027183/moto-360-smartwatch-priced-at-249-99-according-to-best-buy-listing

When it's solar powered, I'll consider it. In the meanwhile I'll keep my solar powered analog watch.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

pedometer on your wrist?

thats gotta give some incorrect reading, if you know what i mean...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Get out of here you are an LTT member you don't go outside.

maybe the light of his monitor?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Get out of here you are an LTT member you don't go outside.

xD I have a window close to my desk though! And it can run for 6 months with no exposure to light!

maybe the light of his monitor?

Also a factor!

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

does android wear work with CM? kinda a dealbreaker imo

(havent looked into Android Wear)

Pretty cool, I might even consider picking one up for when I go on dates.

Some of the specs are a little odd, like the 3.3' of waterproofness. That's rather...pointless. If you go swimming chances are you'll be deeper than that, or have the potential to hit a depth of more than that.

Can't wait to see some reviews.

When it's solar powered, I'll consider it. In the meanwhile I'll keep my solar powered analog watch.

Rocking a Citizen? They're the only brand of watch I can think of that has decent solar powered watches.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Till it looks like this, but with an entirely digital face, I'll pass 

Omega_Moonwatch_Apollo45_DialCU_560.jpg

Mainly because I want my watch to be a functional watch without being tied down to one specific OS. Hence why I like MSs approach of making a watch that would play nice with ALL platforms. Its a watch, I don't want it being thrown out when I switch phones, which I do every 2 years. I don't throw out my watches every 2 years, cause they don't give a shit what phone I use; they work regardless. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, was that out loud?

Let me get this straight, so you can either buy a top of the line smartphone and have $50 left over or you can buy a screen with a rubber strap attached? Brilliant. I could do better with an Arduino and duck tape for around 1/5 of the cost.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, was that out loud?

Let me get this straight, so you can either buy a top of the line smartphone and have $50 left over or you can buy a screen with a rubber strap attached? Brilliant. I could do better with an Arduino and duck tape for around 1/5 of the cost.

I'm sorry but some of us like to have atleast some class.

just playing with you GG! 

I'd pay 350-400 for a nexus phone than 250$ for a watch.

anyways a lot of people buy premium watches, so I don't know why you'd complain about this one when there are things that so so much less for 5x the price.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

-snip-

The kind of person that would buy a $1000+ watch is not going to buy a $249.99 "smart watch."

That's the problem with smart watches up to this point. They don't know why you need one or what their target market wants to pay for a device like that. They're all just waiting for Apple to show them how it's done. There's not necessarily anything wrong with that, obviously they've taken the full brunt of people's opposition to such products, and they have a first mover advantage of course.

It honestly just seems like too much money for me. Especially considering the screen isn't even 360º! I can buy an iPhone for that price and then make my own wrist-mounted notifier/communicator with the leftover money. I could even make it look pretty good. 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

pedometer on your wrist?

thats gotta give some incorrect reading, if you know what i mean...

9JSVWK1.jpg

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I currently have a citizen watch, but I would rather have the moto 360.. my wallet about to feel some pain.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

citizen-eco-drive-Watches-for-men.png

-shrug- Don't see the point of smartwatches just yet. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

250$?

I mean I get it it's small and whatever but really I hate paying that much for a smartphone, well actually 250 for a phone is fine awesome even but a watch? I'll stick to my drawn-on smiley watch.

does android wear work with CM? kinda a dealbreaker imo

(havent looked into Android Wear)

As long as the cm ur running is past 4.3 and you can install an app then yes

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I. Am. Getting. One. Like. Now!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Rocking a Citizen? They're the only brand of watch I can think of that has decent solar powered watches.

Yep, it's great ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Casio has some nice ones. I used to have a Casio Edifice Waveceptor. Solar Powered, Radio Controlled, Perpetual Calendar.... It was awesome. Then I got drunk and lost it. >_>

Till it looks like this, but with an entirely digital face, I'll pass 

Mainly because I want my watch to be a functional watch without being tied down to one specific OS. Hence why I like MSs approach of making a watch that would play nice with ALL platforms. Its a watch, I don't want it being thrown out when I switch phones, which I do every 2 years. I don't throw out my watches every 2 years, cause they don't give a shit what phone I use; they work regardless. 

I agree, they seem to be forgetting the "watch" part, and in some cases even forgetting the smart bit too!

I want watch that is as well built and comfortable as a premium brand watch, that will at least last a weekend without needing charging, and that looks smart enough that I can wear it to work, wear it on a night out, and wear it while wearing shorts on the beach

once they have hit this standard they can work on the smart stuff, bluetooth notifications, touch , remote control etc etc etc 

I dont want a 100$ plastic fisher price watch that does what my phone already does. I would happy spend more than 250$ on a smart watch, most of my normal watches cost that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii