Guns in the USA.

Keen_Interest

I don't know if your statements are true, but on wikiAnswers, it says there were 31,940 deaths in America due to guns (Suicide/Homicide/Inconclusive) in 2011. Whereas citizensreportuk.org state there were only 648 murders of ANY type in Britain in 2011. Its not okay to have violent crime, but I'd rather the mad-man have a hatchet, and have to kill one at a time, than a machine gun and kill a few people in 10 seconds.

maybe you did not see my link I posted. We are talking violent crimes..

maybe you did not see my link I posted. We are talking violent crimes..

Maybe you missed my point, I'm talking human beings having their lives taken...

I agree, levels of population do make a difference, but all the same, would the Sandy shooting have happened if the person couldn't have had easy access to an assault riffle? I'm not saying take away gun ranges, enjoy them if you like, but guns in homes? With teenagers? Teenagers are a little unstable at the best of times... :P :P

Yes, it would have still happened, probably not with an assault rifle, but with a pistol or knives or something else. 

Maybe knives should be banned in the U.K. since they are used to kill people too. /sarcam

Why should I be punished for someone else's actions? Why should my RIGHT to protect myself and own guns be taken away because someone was playing around or someone has mental issues or just a psychopath? 

It is illegal to carry a knife in public in the UK, it can land you up to 4 years in prison

Yes, it would have still happened, probably not with an assault rifle, but with a pistol or knives or something else. 

But then less people would have died... (Less ammo, harder to aim, more time per kill...) And with a knife, someone trained in self-defense has a good chance of disarming them..

I agree, levels of population do make a difference, but all the same, would the Sandy shooting have happened if the person couldn't have had easy access to an assault riffle? I'm not saying take away gun ranges, enjoy them if you like, but guns in homes? With teenagers? Teenagers are a little unstable at the best of times... :P :P

I don't know much about the "Sandy shooting". In Germany, tho extremly hard to obtain a gun license, we got really strict rules on how to store guns and with which age you allowed to get a lincense.

And since guns are basically banned here, they just blame Computer Games (so called "Killer" Games) for being the reason the shooter wanted to shoot up a bunch of people if there is a shooting in a school or something...

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

A gun is a tool used to kill. It states 'a right to bare arms' you can kill with a knife, I'd say that would qualify it as arms.

I probably could kill you with my bare hands (or Slick probably could xD) or a spork... doesnt make them weapons. :P

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I don't know much about the "Sandy shooting". In Germany, tho extremly hard to obtain a gun lincense, we got really strict rules on how to store guns and with which age you allowed to get a lincense.

And since guns are basically banned here, they just blame Computer Games (so called "Killer" Games) for being the reason the shooter wanted to shoot up a bunch of people if there is a shooting in a school or something...

Okay, that does sound silly, but shootings there aren't almost a bi-monthly occurrence, and part of that will be the difficulty of getting a gun to do it with..

Didn't stop the hatchet man or his gun toting friend did it?No matter what you do guns will just be imported from other countries. Drugs are illegal in the UK so how do you get them?During prohibition there was more alcohol in the Us then before it was banned..

I probably could kill you with my bare hands (or Slick probably could xD) or a spork... doesnt make them weapons. :P

You're seriously trying to argue that a knife isn't an offensive weapon? So they put them on the end of guns for what? Decoration? 

But then less people would have died... (Less ammo, harder to aim, more time per kill...) And with a knife, someone trained in self-defense has a good chance of disarming them..

but why did no one disarm the hatchet man?

Not to insult anyone, but i dont think you can value someones live. What makes "just" one death better or worse then the death of say 3 people..? The incident still happend.

Also whats to say the attacker doesnt just build bomb instead and kills even more people?

It is illegal to carry a knife in public in the UK, it can land you up to 4 years in prison

Banning and being illegal to carry are two completely different things.

It was a school full of children...unless the teacher knows some self-defense maneuvers then they are screwed anyway. I understand where you are going with this, but even if guns were banned in the U.S. then all the honest people who register their guns will have them taken away, then the people who don't have their guns registered will have an upper hand. There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of guns not registered in the U.S., this will cause many problems to everyone.

Didn't stop the hatchet man or his gun toting friend did it?No matter what you do guns will just be imported from other countries. Drugs are illegal in the UK so how do you get them?During prohibition there was more alcohol in the Us then before it was banned..

I will conseade, its now EXTREMELY unlikely that there will ever be a low amount of guns in the US, there's too many there already, but I think tighter regulation should be introdused. Keep your guns, but maybe limit the number of clips you can have in one house, at one time? Have mandatory phyc assessments for gun owners and the people that live in the same house (paid for by the government.)..

You're seriously trying to argue that a knife isn't an offensive weapon? So they put them on the end of guns for what? Decoration? 

Thats not just any knife, it's a bajonette, a knife specially modified for that purpose, just like daggers are.

but why did no one disarm the hatchet man?

I guess nobody had the courage or ability, I'm not saying they WOULD have been disarmed, but its at least more PROBABLE than if the attacker has an automatic...

Guns dont kill people. People kill people. If u think we should ban guns because they kill people we should also ban cars,tcs(300+ people die from getting crushed by tvs a year),planes,rocks,knives,anything heavy,trees,shovels,hammers, and anything that might kill something somewhere.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Thats not just any knife, it's a bajonette, a knife specially modified for that purpose, just like daggers are.

Okay, so a carving knife is only as dangerous as a spork?

Guns dont kill people. People kill people. If u think we should ban guns because they kill people we should also ban cars,tcs(300+ people die from getting crushed by tvs a year),planes,rocks,knives,anything heavy,trees,shovels,hammers, and anything that might kill something somewhere.

okay, but start with the major ones.. Like the 30k+ people a year that die JUST in the USA from either gun related homicide or suicide using a gun.. 

I will conseade, its now EXTREMELY unlikely that there will ever be a low amount of guns in the US, there's too many there already, but I think tighter regulation should be introdused. Keep your guns, but maybe limit the number of clips you can have in one house, at one time? Have mandatory phyc assessments for gun owners and the people that live in the same house (paid for by the government.)..

I live in California where you are only allowed semi auto rifles with a 10 round clip and a bullet button on rifle..There care very strict gun laws in certain states..

I still don't understand how and why can you have a freaking assault rifle in USA?

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Okay, so a carving knife is only as dangerous as a spork?

Don't try to kid yourself (no offense)... Do that comparison again with say, a chain saw, an axe, a sledge hammer or maybe a crowbar.

I also believe that banning guns is 100% un-constitutional.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

So much arguing...

Why not just not invent guns in the first place and stop killing people and get along?

Oh yeh thats right....people are morons thats why.

I will say this though, the guy who killed the man in the street the other day, 20mins for police to get there, like hell there wasn't a policeman in the area that could of blown his brains out if he/she chose too.

UK police don't take enough action toward violence, specially stuff like this, they should just shoot on sight, see how the crime rates go down as you get rid of the scum and offer an effective deterant (death) for fatal violence.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

It was a school full of children...unless the teacher knows some self-defense maneuvers then they are screwed anyway. I understand where you are going with this, but even if guns were banned in the U.S. then all the honest people who register their guns will have them taken away, then the people who don't have their guns registered will have an upper hand. There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of guns not registered in the U.S., this will cause many problems to everyone.

Personally, I'm of the belief that people that have a responsibility of care for children SHOULD be taught to have some self-defense. Its not likely they'll need it, but if they do, they'll be able to. However, I admit many people wouldn't agree. Its just my view. And guns in america will be a problem for a very long time. Banning them may not be the way forward, but change needs to be made, wouldn't you agree? Too many people die every year for things to stay the same..