Guns in the USA.

Keen_Interest

Well guys its been fun but i need to go clean my 58 guns..Have a great night..

P2P Cook all the way, you people should watch more breaking bad :P

I love breaking bad..

Its not claritin its sudafed lmao...At least know what you are talking about before you speak... :P

and Claritin D contains the same chemicals dude.....

and Claritin D contains the same chemicals dude.....

Badger is that you? :D

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Badger is that you? :D

Don't even know what you mean by that

Don't even know what you mean by that

Not a Breaking Bad watcher, huh?

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Not a Breaking Bad watcher, huh?

ah, no actually haha

I personally hate guns. I don't need them, I don't see any reason to have them, I wish they were gone... but I live here and know nothing will ever change. It's too late. The majority of our country is in favor of them, and they also think that guns solve gun violence... it blows my mind to think about that.

I'm happy that Australia's firearms laws are as strict as they are.

What is the need for a firearm other than a hunting rifle anyway? If you look at it from the point of view of 'well what happens if someone comes at me with a knife?', why can't people just treat each other decently? 

What is the need for a firearm other than a hunting rifle anyway?

For funsies, of course.

Gun laws are pretty strict here in Aus and I've never seen a gun before so... i think they're doing something right.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I think maybe if guns aren't banned but more strict regulations are put in AND ACTUALLY ENFORCED it would help the situation a lot...

this is what i'm saying though, you can't build a gun in your basement anywhere as easily as you can grow pot or cook meth. If you're intending to commit murder you're not buying a $10k machine to make a gun for you. 

Depends.  You can make very crude single use guns as easy or easier than you can make a pipe bomb.  Prisons are heavily locked down and scrutinized and they still find home made guns there.  What is hard (relatively without proper tooling) is to make quality reliable guns that you can feel confident will not blow up in your hand.  

I'm happy that Australia's firearms laws are as strict as they are.

What is the need for a firearm other than a hunting rifle anyway? If you look at it from the point of view of 'well what happens if someone comes at me with a knife?', why can't people just treat each other decently? 

We should of course always strive for a calm loving society but the reality of human history is that there are a certain percentage of people that have the intention to do you harm.  I personally would rather have the option to end that threat suddenly than to not have that option.  

We also are looking from it from different perspectives.  In the US via the 2nd amendment we have basically an assumed right to self defense.  I understand most countries do not have that inherent right so I understand why someone not growing up with that right may have a difficult time wrapping their head around it.  

I think you have to be careful though placing the word "need" in front of an item when you are determining if government should be allowed to deny them to society.  The simply reality of life is you do not need 99% of the things you have including many of them that at first thought you will think is a needed item.  The only things you really need is basic clothing water food and shelter.  Everything outside of that is a luxury.  When you give government the ability to take items away from the populace based on need they will expand that.  Historically they always expand on that.  

Then there is of course the simple reality that you are not really removing guns from your society you are simply monopolizing who has the legal standing to have them.  When you remove them from the populace you have given the government a monopoly of force.  

Crime rate =/= gun related homicides. Homicides are essentially what I was referring to, and are of main concern. The problem is people are DYING because of guns. Mass shooting are just a bigger deal and are more published because there are multiple deaths. Regardless of what anyone says, you really don't need a gun unless it's for recreational use like hunting or target shooting. Don't trust your government? LEAVE. Why on earth would anybody want to live in a country where they don't trust there government?

I hope people actually watch the videos I posted.

If you believe all of this then why do you put up with it? Also, 'keeping guns to defend against people with guns' doesn't seem very logical. You have the world's most powerful army. Why do you think it is the citizen's responsibility to defend the nation? You pay taxes (well YOU may not) so your army can exist.

What country do you live in where you implicitly trust the government?  That is a very scary notion.  There is not a group of people in power anywhere on earth that I implicitly trust.  Human history has shown us that people in power are almost always corrupted by that power to at least some degree.  Today we see it in every first world government that exists (and 3rd world ones too but lets concentrate on the 1st world ones for now).  You see every single one of them limiting the peoples freedoms and expanding the governments powers.  You actually trust that?  That concept is so foreign to me I cannot even describe the level of astonishment I have.  

As to the army why would you not want a back up.  If you live in a country where the populace has no access to firearms if the worse case scenario did happen and a foreign invader did break through your military lines either completely or temporarily the people in their path are 100% at their whim.  If you do that in the US not only did you have to fight arguably the worlds most powerful army (not a brag,  I would like it to be less) but then you have to contend with an armed citizenry.  That fact alone almost guarantees we will never actually be invaded so long as we still have a free people able and willing to keep and bear arms.  

We should of course always strive for a calm loving society but the reality of human history is that there are a certain percentage of people that have the intention to do you harm.  I personally would rather have the option to end that threat suddenly than to not have that option.  

Then there is an issue. 

Here is the homicide rate for Australia at a national level

fig012.png

A steady decrease..

The homicide rate involving firearms

fig013.png

Again, a decrease. 

Robbery

fig019.png

What this all represents as a whole is that people are becoming more civilized - violent crime is dropping and actions by both federal and state parties are making society in Australia safer. 

Source: Australian Institute of Criminology 

Then there is an issue. 

Here is the homicide rate for Australia at a national level

fig012.png

A steady decrease..

The homicide rate involving firearms

fig013.png

Again, a decrease. 

Robbery

fig019.png

What this all represents as a whole is that people are becoming more civilized - violent crime is dropping and actions by both federal and state parties are making society in Australia safer. 

Source: Australian Institute of Criminology 

Meanwhile in the US the land of a plenty of guns the murder rate and violent crime rates have decreased by near 50% in the last 20 years.  This is a much more dramatic decrease than yours and it was done without removing guns.  

What country do you live in where you implicitly trust the government?

I live in Australia, the true land of the free, proud, and happy. It must be a pretty miserable life thinking all those terrible things. The US is so unappealing to someone like me.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I live in Australia, the true land of the free, proud, and happy. It must be a pretty miserable life thinking all those terrible things. The US is so unappealing to someone like me.

You do realize when the government tells you what objects you can and cannot have that you are indeed not free.  Please look up the definition.  

Meanwhile in the US the land of a plenty of guns the murder rate and violent crime rates have decreased by near 50% in the last 20 years.  This is a much more dramatic decrease than yours and it was done without removing guns.  

Actually if you look at it, there's a 20% drop in the murder rate over the last 10 years and a 50% decrease in the murder rate involving firearms in the last 10 years.  

My country banned the use of gun except for law enforcer but human always find a way to do harm to other.

You do realize when the government tells you what objects you can and cannot have that you are indeed not free. Please look up the definition.

Christ... Can you name 3 countries that are truly 'free', then? Would you be happier if I said 'most free'? The big brother view of the government is pretty outdated and I think people shouldn't sit in front of their keyboards with their tin foil hats on, but instead go out and try to make a difference.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

You should add a option on the poll for all guns except explosive projectiles

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I dont mind guns what i do mind is the lack of background checks and the security on guns, it needs to be you have to pass a background check, pass a safety/handling test, and pass a check to see if you have somewhere secure to lock it up in, and anytime you carry the gun with you you need your license for it and you cant sell it with out certain contracts and what not.

also idk why you would need an assault rifle? a regular rifle is enough for hunting and a shotgun and pistol is enough for home safety there is no need for assault rifles. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"