Guns in the USA.

Keen_Interest

I live in California where you are only allowed semi auto rifles with a 10 round clip and a bullet button on rifle..There care very strict gun laws in certain states..

That is very good to hear, maybe those laws to be carried out in every state, maybe that's the start to solving the problem of mass killings that keep occurring with the use of guns?

By the way i like to add, that guns made for killing people, like pistols or maschine guns are not really the type of weapons i think should be freely available to anyone.

But with decent hunting rifles or shotguns i don't see that much of a problem. Not that these would be less deadly against People. But atleast these got use.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Personally, I'm of the belief that people that have a responsibility of care for children SHOULD be taught to have some self-defense. Its not likely they'll need it, but if they do, they'll be able to. However, I admit many people wouldn't agree. Its just my view. And guns in america will be a problem for a very long time. Banning them may not be the way forward, but change needs to be made, wouldn't you agree? Too many people die every year for things to stay the same..

You don't understand where we are located lol..Go ahead and ban guns in the US so the mexican cartels can just smuggle them in..In turn creating more crime as they fight for control of the gun trade..Look at mexico where guns are banned yet there is mass murders everyday..

I think we should stop talking about this because it will just cause stress between otherwise friendly forum members. (Yes I did contribute to the thread.)

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Don't try to kid yourself (no offense)... Do that comparison again with say, a chain saw, an axe, a sledge hammer or maybe a crowbar.

You reckon many people are strong enough to wield a chainsaw, a sledge hammer or a large axe well enough to kill multiple people quickly, without getting disarmed? Think about it, once you've swung a chainsaw/sledge hammer/large axe, you have to be pretty strong to get it raised again before someone punches you in the throat... (I'm not talking out my backside here, I actually do multiple martial arts.)

You don't understand where we are located lol..Go ahead and ban guns in the US so the mexican cartels can just smuggle them in..In turn creating more crime as they fight for control of the gun trade..Look at mexico where guns are banned yet there is mass murders everyday..

Did I not JUST say, maybe banning them ISN'T the way forward? But something has to change? Or go you not care about the hundreds, even thousands of people who are killed in mass shootings every year. Then by extension, all the families who have their lives turned upside down? 

By the way i like to add, that guns made for killing people, like pistols or maschine guns are not really the type of weapons i think should be freely available to anyone.

But with decent hunting rifles or shotguns i don't see that much of a problem. Not that these would be less deadly against People. But atleast these got use.

I agree, I did say I was okay with ownership of guns for hunting or a specific purpose. And at least hunting riffles/shotguns aren't automatic..

You reckon many people are strong enough to wield a chainsaw, a sledge hammer or a large axe well enough to kill multiple people quickly, without getting disarmed? Think about it, once you've swung a chainsaw/sledge hammer/large axe, you have to be pretty strong to get it raised again before someone punches you in the throat... (I'm not talking out my backside here, I actually do multiple martial arts.)

I would say my travel axe (weighs about 1 kilogram) is just as sharp and even more deadly then my carving knifes. Also there are butter knifes and similar which are probably less deadly then a spork...

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I would say my travel axe (weighs about 1 kilogram) is just as sharp and even more deadly then my carving knifes. Also there are butter knifes and similar which are probably less deadly then a spork...

Now you're just being deliberately difficult. I'm obviously not talking about a butter knife. Also, I did say large axe. Is an axe that small not called a hatchet or something?

If you guys had more guns then you would be able to rule this land..Instead us gun toting American's sent the red coats packing up and made you lay down your arms..So i guess i would be bitter also.. :lol:

I agree, I did say I was okay with ownership of guns for hunting or a specific purpose. And at least hunting riffles/shotguns aren't automatic..

We probably have similar views on weapon laws. I just don't like generalizations too much...

Its the same with law makers here in germany. I love my knives and there isnt a day going by without me using atleast one of them. Now law makers say i can't take a locking folding knife which i can open with one hand with me outside without specific purpose. But i can take a non folding knife which is shorter then 12cm with me... Also i can take that same folding knife without the thumb pin with me... just all this confusing laws....

If you guys had more guns then you would be able to rule this land..Instead us gun toting American's sent the red coats packing up and made you lay down your arms..So i guess i would be bitter also.. :lol:

Are you seriously calling me bitter, because I care that thousands of people a year get shot dead in america? 

You need to add another option.

No guns at all....period.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

We probably have similar views on weapon laws. I just don't like generalizations too much...

Its the same with law makers here in germany. I love my knives and there isnt a day going by without me using atleast one of them. Now law makers say i can't take a locking folding knife which i can open with one hand with me outside without specific purpose outside. But i can take a non folding knife which is shorter then 12cm with me...

Yeah, there are similar laws here. I confess I usually have a knife on me (I work on a farm, so its habit). But its within all the specifications of our law.. Its great that the government is trying to make the country safer, but I agree there comes a point where they need to accept that tbh, unless they search everybody all the time, people will carry knives.. I do, doesn't mean I plan to stab people. Its just useful..

Now you're just being deliberately difficult.

Well and you aren't? :D

I'm obviously not talking about a butter knife. Also, I did say large axe. Is an axe that small not called a hatchet or something?

You generalize knifes, but refuse to generalize axes? :P

PS. i give up :huh: doen't matter one way or the other

You need to add another option.

No guns at all....period.

A lovely idea, I agree, I'm trying to suggest actually applicable options though. Explaining them reasonably. But like I said, people are entitle to their opinions. :)  

The UK has a worse violent crime rate then the US.So taking guns away didn't help there..

The UK however does not have a worse violent crime rate resulting in death.

In fact, no other country beats USA in that regard, with over eleven thousand gun-related deaths per year.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well and you aren't? :D

You generalize knifes, but refuse to generalize axes? :P

PS. i give up :huh: doen't matter one way or the other

I actually wasn't trying to be difficult. Sorry. I was just trying to persuade you to see my point of view. :P I think we have pretty much the same opinion anyway! Lol.

Yeah, there are similar laws here. I confess I usually have a knife on me (I work on a farm, so its habit). But its within all the specifications of our law.. Its great that the government is trying to make the country safer, but I agree there comes a point where they need to accept that tbh, unless they search everybody all the time, people will carry knives.. I do, doesn't mean I plan to stab people. Its just useful..

I work all the time on the pc. But i really like to use the few hours of freetime i got a week/month to go outdoor. We have some great Parks and stuff around here. Always carry atleast a knife, a lighter and a flashlight with me. Sometimes a leatherman instead of just a knife. If i forget to bring a knife, i always regret it later. (For instance if someone brought food which is just annoyingly packed)

PS. I've got a "Fällkniven F1" and a "Böker Turbine 42" both excellent knives (but expensive) for outdoor... Also got the same little keychain knife (Spyderco Grasshopper) which linus uses for unboxings a while ago. It kind of my last resort knife. :)

Ok how many duis does your country have? You should take away everyone's car then..To prevent duis right? That's what you are saying. Punish the legal gun owners because of criminals..

There are 10,000 dui deaths a year in the us. Yet you can't punish the good drivers for there stupid mistakes..

Ok how many duis does your country have? You should take away everyone's car then..To prevent duis right? That's what you are saying. Punish the legal gun owners because of criminals..

DUI is illegal. Which is why if you're caught drink-driving you're prosecuted. Just like if you have an un-licensed gun here, you're arrested.. Mate, like I said at the start, you're entitle to your opinion, I just hope maybe you'll think about the cost of the freedom you have? Maybe saving lives is worth sacrificing a part of that? Sorry if I've made you angry, I actually am. I just wanted to pose another opinion/view point.

I actually wasn't trying to be difficult. Sorry. I was just trying to persuade you to see my point of view. :P I think we have pretty much the same opinion anyway! Lol.

Well, i probably sound a bit harsh sometimes. ^_^

English isnt my first language. My use of words, grammar and phrasing is mostly coined/shaped by the media i watch/listen to, books i read and the internet.

I know first hand that my country is messed up right now . it's easy for a 19 year old from the UK to say how easy it would be to fix it when you have no idea what goes on here . I agree there should be less gun related deaths.And actually the us is number 28 in gun related deaths..

http://m.guardiannews.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

The UK however does not have a worse violent crime rate resulting in death.

In fact, no other country beats USA in that regard, with over eleven thousand gun-related deaths per year.

There is actually 27 other countries with more gun homicide then the us..