[YT] Euclideon Geoverse 2013

• 8 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8rsEJoh6mQ

This looks really nice, imagine playing games with this :o The 3d looks pretty good for anagalypg 3D :o Cloud gaming?

"video is unavailable"

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

That's right, as unbelievable as it might sound, it's possible. See the above video for details.

Euclideon was founded in Australia by a guy named Bruce. A self taught programmer who developed a graphics engine turns everything on it's head when it comes to drawing objects in three dimensions.
Right at this stage, you could stream a 3D object, with unlimited detail, just like you do with Google maps now. His engine even supports animation, Although I've not seen recent examples of that working just yet.
Gaming applications for this tech would be flat out amazing for things like flight simulators, driving simulators ect. Unfortunately such games would have to be online only as the terrain files could be stupidly massive and would have to be steamed to the users PC... Unless you want terabyte map files for your flight sim.

It will be amazing to see where this tech moves in the future if they can capturer live events in this kind of detail.

This has been posted before here >(http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/19062-yt-euclideon-geoverse-2013/?hl=%2Beuclideon+%2Bgeoverse+%2B2013)
But it got completely ignored. I think the article title needed a little tweaking. 

Or you could just run 8 SSDs in Raid 0 like Lord Linus

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Or you could just have a work station with 128+GB of ram and use half of it as a RAM disk... Point is, with this tech, you don't need all that crazy power.

Or you could just run 8 SSDs in Raid 0 like Lord Linus

lol Lord Linus. i need to remember that.

i've heard of Euclidean before and have heard of their progress in this particular tool, but wow how they've progressed!

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

There is no way this will ever be useful for games. Real-time rendering is the only way to go if you want to play a game where the environment can be affected by the player. Basically this is a fancy version of google maps using 3d scans instead of photographs.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It doesn't work for games because they have problems with moving objects.

They showed it in 2011 now it's 3 years later and they never talked about a gaming use ever again.

Well it's kinda impracticable for games anyway (datafile sizes are huge)... But things like Google earth? Amazing...

Unfortunately such games would have to be online only as the terrain files could be stupidly massive and would have to be steamed to the users PC... Unless you want terabyte map files for your flight sim.

Not exactly.

I love how everyone just cares about this just for the games.. I get that a lot of people here are gamers, but just think of all dem possibilities... games was just a fraction of it. It's still amazing.

The help this gives large companies is RIDICULOUS.

his commentary voice is RIDICULOUS(amazing)

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

This is ancient.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

why arent we waging war in a virtual world yet??? like the complete world... every city of every country in a video game. a worldwide virtual battlefield.

What a good social experiment xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This is all part of the classic trade off for polygons verses voxels. We know that voxels can be incredibly cheap to render compared to polygons, but they use such vast amounts of space that even hefty and clever compression only makes them viable in 10+ years. They still have the same basic problem with lighting that polygons do so its not going to solve a lot of the hard looking real like issues. Voxels have gotten a bad rap with games like Minecraft that use ridiculous huge blocks but the Delta force games and others back in the 90s used them and looked amazing for their day. But then as now they had issues with the certain things like animation and inside buildings and other issues that Voxels are inefficient for.

It doesn't work for games because they have problems with moving objects.

They showed it in 2011 now it's 3 years later and they never talked about a gaming use ever again.

It could kinda be used in games like simcity. Have the buildings, roads and other stationary objects be rendered with this, then have the cars, pedestrians, planes, boats etc be rendered "normally". That'd probably require hefty modification to the engine, but i think it'd work.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Euclidion has been going on for a while. At least 5 years or so. They had been making a gaming engine that would allow unlimited detail. I guess it didn't work in the end as the engine hasn't been released yet.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Not news (several years old) and most likely bullshit. Both Carmack and Notch talked about it and basically said it's vaporware from Euclideon.

This is bullshit. Scam. Old.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

why do i want google to remake google earth with this :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

founded in Australia by a guy named Bruce. 

Anyone got a chuckle out of this?

Such sterotype.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.