Dual Xeon, Dual Titan Z. Gaming/Workstation beast. (Name TBD)

meikat

Alright, personally I would have gone 4way SLI and custom loop if money was not a factor.

You probably wouldn't need the ability to access any of your PCI-e ports then.  He did.  Hence the Titan Zs.  Also, we are going to build a custom loop.

@meikat If he really has money to spare, I recommend that he goes for either the WD SE or Seagate Constellation drives, rather than just the NAS model. Better performance and reliability.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

this build will pretty much stomp all rigs

used and modified the quote from Lord of The Rings The one ring inscriptions.

500px-One_Ring_inscription.svg.png

"One rig to rule them all, One rig to find them, One rig to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

Name suggestion

"The One Rig" :D

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

@meikat If he really has money to spare, I recommend that he goes for either the WD SE or Seagate Constellation drives, rather than just the NAS model. Better performance and reliability.

Would have been a great suggestion in the pre-build thread.  I've already unboxed and tested all the drives, so I'm not going to return them at this point.

Would have been a great suggestion in the pre-build thread.  I've already unboxed and tested all the drives, so I'm not going to return them at this point.

It's not really a big deal, Seagate's NAS lineup is a great series. Looking forward to those benchmarks.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I saw the title and though 'yea, yea another "i'm planning, just about to buy the parts" kid just trying to say he's building the most expensive PC he could imagine up.

How relieved I was to see hardware,

THIS IS.

THE MOST.

IMPRESSIVE PC BUILD I'VE EVER SEEN.

`

I saw the title and though 'yea, yea another "i'm planning, just about to buy the parts" kid just trying to say he's building the most expensive PC he could imagine up.

How relieved I was to see hardware,

THIS IS.

THE MOST.

IMPRESSIVE PC BUILD I'VE EVER SEEN.

luls

Diamond 5 in League :)

Anyone have suggestions on which benchmarks they'd like to see run on this rig?

Minecraft :P lol jk (seriously though i wanna see minecraft with sonic ethers unbelievable shaders and a high res texture pack's performance just for gigglez)

Also Skyrim with a ton of mods if you can make that happen

IK the games aren't high powered but those are the only ones i play a lot right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

Play some BF4, and such games on it... I want to see them FPS....

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

One day I say ... one day... (Day dreaming here)

In all seriousness this is pretty epic. Don't care how overkill it might be, it's just awesome. I've been avoiding this thread thinking it's another one of those planning to build "build log" haha

Can't wait to see that bad boy water cooled! Are you guys gonna be using rigid tubing? I hope you will :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Benchmark minesweeper :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ STAR CITIZEN 4K ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

pls post more pictures

You probably wouldn't need the ability to access any of your PCI-e ports then.  He did.  Hence the Titan Zs.  Also, we are going to build a custom loop.

Cool, any custom mods or aesthetic plans? That rig is definitely prepared for The Witcher 3.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Thinking about this....

my genitals.....

so....

erect....

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I wish I had a rich friend who I could build insanely OTT builds for  :P

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 .:. Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz .:. Graphics Card: MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC 2GB

Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1x 1000GB WD Blue .:. RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill RipjawzX 2133MHz .:. CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Case: NZXT H440 Black/Red .:. PSU: Corsair CX600M .:. Fans: 5x 120mm AeroCool Dead Silence, 1x 140mm AeroCool Dead Silence

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ STAR CITIZEN 4K ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

pls post more pictures

SC is our next game we play on downloading.  He's in the alpha for it. We're having some issues with games crashing that we're tackling right now, but once we get that figured, we'll fix it.

One day I say ... one day... (Day dreaming here)

In all seriousness this is pretty epic. Don't care how overkill it might be, it's just awesome. I've been avoiding this thread thinking it's another one of those planning to build "build log" haha

Can't wait to see that bad boy water cooled! Are you guys gonna be using rigid tubing? I hope you will :D

I hope you get to build something this epic some day.  We do plan on using rigid tubing for the loop, although i'm sure i'll cheat and use flex tubing in non-visible areas.

I know right.. I just want to mess around with high end hardware, don't even need to own it I just want to see how it works and performs :)

I can't tell you how glad I was that he is letting me work on this project.  With that said, it's been an exhausting experience, and if someone ever wanted me to do this for them again, they will have to pay me a buttload of money.  

Cool, any custom mods or aesthetic plans? That rig is definitely prepared for The Witcher 3.

Definitely. We're going to get some custom anodized aluminum covers for things laser cut.  Lighting galore.  We want it to look as good as it is powerful.

THIS IS EPIC

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

i should tweet jayztwocents he love the titan z

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

continue from the "The one rig" name

this is a fitting wallpaper

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/163/5/9/ring2_by_badriel-d68re7u.png

center screen should have the eye of saroun

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img404/9835/72513364.jpg

if you can get the replica ring from Ebay even better :D

place on the desk and with the light outs but the center with an animated wallpaper of the "all seeing eye"

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just the one monitor? Nice build btw haha holly shit. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

At least a overkill build that is true. This is serious, they actually showed pictures of the build. This is impressive. This would be a build that i would dream about.