Dual Xeon, Dual Titan Z. Gaming/Workstation beast. (Name TBD)

meikat

We made it to the theatre (after doing 100mph in his fancy car at one point), and got in our seats right as previews ended... I hate missing previews.  Movie was awesome, but that's off topic.  We swung back by his house and wrapped up the build at around 3 am.

100mph is quite slow. my alto could do 100 down a hill with a tail wind. :P also a pcie ssd would have been nice.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Mother of god...  :o

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

not impressed     pocket change

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

btw what happen to the other 2 monitor?

still loss at sea?

Nope, they came in finally.  No pics of them hooked up yet though.  We have to pull the glass off to connect them.

I am calm now. Will it be a normal black one or the fancy EVGA one? o_O

I'm assuming you mean This one? If so, yes.  It's on the orderlist for Phase 2.  He has family in town all this week, so nothing will be accomplished this week, but I'm trying to get our huge orderlist ordered before the end of the week.  I'm still waiting for him to decide on a few options I presented him.

@meikat how are you going to connect the sound and RAID cards? The Titan Zs take up too much space on the board?!

The EK waterblocks we're ordering come with a dual slot conversion, so everything will fit nicely.  Right now we have some room due to using the bottom most slot for a Titan Z and letting it hang off the board.

100mph is quite slow. my alto could do 100 down a hill with a tail wind. :P also a pcie ssd would have been nice.

It was 100mph on a road I really probably shouldn't have been doing 100mph on.  I came off the interstate on to an offramp that put us into Disney Property, and had about 1/2 mile until a turn I had to slow down for... so naturally I floored it to 100mph and then slammed on the brakes.  :D

Must admit I'm very curious to see how you'll do the watercooling. The RH Cross is not easy to WC despite being designed entirely with it in mind. Sure you'll be able to put in almost any part you could want without a hitch, but it's difficult making any of it look good. So far, I haven't seen a single Cross desk build that really looks great (in my opinion that is), even Peter Brands himself made a messy one, nothing on his L3p D3sk.

So good luck, I'll be over the moon if you make this look truly fantastic. Looking forward to the future progress!

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kKvbRB

I did my best. This doesn't have the case, or the water cooling.

It sits at 18,000 USD, missing the water cooling, the expensive case, the UPS, the monitors.... Cha ching.

Edited: Added a rough estimate for the desk, based on the OP's post. 20,000 dollars now.

I added the second Xeon, now it's over 20K

Must admit I'm very curious to see how you'll do the watercooling. The RH Cross is not easy to WC despite being designed entirely with it in mind. Sure you'll be able to put in almost any part you could want without a hitch, but it's difficult making any of it look good. So far, I haven't seen a single Cross desk build that really looks great (in my opinion that is), even Peter Brands himself made a messy one, nothing on his L3p D3sk.

So good luck, I'll be over the moon if you make this look truly fantastic. Looking forward to the future progress!

I agree that most cross desk builds look cluttered or messy.  The problem with being able to see everything, is of course, that you see everything.  I've been building modded PCs since before we had fancy cases with all this cable management built in, so I know a few tricks for hiding wires.  There will be a few cables I will have issues making completely hidden, but for the most part, almost no cables should be seen.  My goal is to feature the hardware, the tubing (hard acrylic with custom bends and really nice fittings), and hide the cables as much as possible.  A lot of effort over the next couple weeks will be spent getting everything in place, and extending power cabling so it can be routed around the outside edge of the case and dumped in to the rear compartment to be connected to what it needs to be.  The SSD array on the right side of the desk will have an aluminum shroud covering everything except the drives, so the cabling will be hidden.  I really think this PC should not be an eye sore, but of course if you don't think ANY of the cross builds are nice to look at, I doubt there's anything I can do to impress you.  I think some of the cross builds are gorgeous personally, so It's a matter of opinion.

Nope, they came in finally.  No pics of them hooked up yet though.  We have to pull the glass off to connect them.

I'm assuming you mean This one? If so, yes.  It's on the orderlist for Phase 2.  He has family in town all this week, so nothing will be accomplished this week, but I'm trying to get our huge orderlist ordered before the end of the week.  I'm still waiting for him to decide on a few options I presented him.

The EK waterblocks we're ordering come with a dual slot conversion, so everything will fit nicely.  Right now we have some room due to using the bottom most slot for a Titan Z and letting it hang off the board.

It was 100mph on a road I really probably shouldn't have been doing 100mph on.  I came off the interstate on to an offramp that put us into Disney Property, and had about 1/2 mile until a turn I had to slow down for... so naturally I floored it to 100mph and then slammed on the brakes.   :D

what car was it?

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I added the second Xeon, now it's over 20K

The second Xeon was already in there.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

what car was it?

Cadillac GTS?  The one with the supercharged corvette engine.  All I know is it's better than mine, and damn fast.  He's getting rid of it in favor for some AMG Merc in the next couple months though.

Cadillac GTS?  The one with the supercharged corvette engine.  All I know is it's better than mine, and damn fast.  He's getting rid of it in favor for some AMG Merc in the next couple months though.

nice

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

I agree that most cross desk builds look cluttered or messy.  The problem with being able to see everything, is of course, that you see everything.  I've been building modded PCs since before we had fancy cases with all this cable management built in, so I know a few tricks for hiding wires.  There will be a few cables I will have issues making completely hidden, but for the most part, almost no cables should be seen.  My goal is to feature the hardware, the tubing (hard acrylic with custom bends and really nice fittings), and hide the cables as much as possible.  A lot of effort over the next couple weeks will be spent getting everything in place, and extending power cabling so it can be routed around the outside edge of the case and dumped in to the rear compartment to be connected to what it needs to be.  The SSD array on the right side of the desk will have an aluminum shroud covering everything except the drives, so the cabling will be hidden.  I really think this PC should not be an eye sore, but of course if you don't think ANY of the cross builds are nice to look at, I doubt there's anything I can do to impress you.  I think some of the cross builds are gorgeous personally, so It's a matter of opinion.

I'd just like to preface that I think I came off as a bit more abrasive than I meant to.  I tend to play more of a hardball approach with big-budget builds as they're destined to receive a lot of attention regardless of the outcome.

It's not so much that there aren't any Cross builds that impress me, it's just that the ones I've seen don't tend to utilise the space carefully.  Often people resort to just stuffing loads of reservoirs, radiators and as many waterblocks as one can imagine just because the case is simply so capacious, you'll no doubt have seen the kind of builds I'm talking about.  It's easy to go this route on a build like this because everybody asks for it, the theme is overkill after all.  Given you're not at that stage on this build yet, I figured I would lend an opinion that may be contrary to many others.

Those ideas and mods sound really interesting btw.  You'll have a tonne of cabling in this rig as you mentioned, it would be awesome to maybe make a feature out of it.  Maybe going for a completely custom milled reservoir (fits with overkill that's for sure) in the centre aisle with the pumps built into it that feeds the rest via parallel lines (got enough waterblocks for it)?  Obviously these are just ideas and you have your own plans (it's not my place to dictate another project log), just throwing stuff around for discussion's sake.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

I'd just like to preface that I think I came off as a bit more abrasive than I meant to.  I tend to play more of a hardball approach with big-budget builds as they're destined to receive a lot of attention regardless of the outcome.

It's not so much that there aren't any Cross builds that impress me, it's just that the ones I've seen don't tend to utilise the space carefully.  Often people resort to just stuffing loads of reservoirs, radiators and as many waterblocks as one can imagine just because the case is simply so capacious, you'll no doubt have seen the kind of builds I'm talking about.  It's easy to go this route on a build like this because everybody asks for it, the theme is overkill after all.  Given you're not at that stage on this build yet, I figured I would lend an opinion that may be contrary to many others.

Those ideas and mods sound really interesting btw.  You'll have a tonne of cabling in this rig as you mentioned, it would be awesome to maybe make a feature out of it.  Maybe going for a completely custom milled reservoir (fits with overkill that's for sure) in the centre aisle with the pumps built into it that feeds the rest via parallel lines (got enough waterblocks for it)?  Obviously these are just ideas and you have your own plans (it's not my place to dictate another project log), just throwing stuff around for discussion's sake.

Hrmm... Could be worth looking in to.  We already ordered a double pump, but we could always build it into a reservoir.  I know nothing about getting a custom res milled, nor where we'd get it done.  We were leaning towards doing 3 of the cylindrical reservoirs in a triangle, but he loves custom stuff.  If you, or someone else can point me in the direction of someone who does this kind of stuff, I'd definitely take a look at it and make the suggestion.

Bump for minor edit.  New spoiler for the work that was done this weekend.

3 4k monitors :)

but yea those guys need some monitor mounts or arms

are you guys planning to use arms or mounts over the stock stands?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

3 4k monitors :)

but yea those guys need some monitor mounts or arms

are you guys planning to use arms or mounts over the stock stands?

Yep yep.  Check out the wall plate I just built.  that's for the wall mounts to attach to.  We got three of these http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10917&cs_id=1091703&p_id=10464&seq=1&format=2

not overkill, 2 K6000 + 2 titanzs is overkill :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Holy shit, that is awesome. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The one Rig, I second that.
I have a question, I can't really remember the name of that keyboard, can someone tell me, please? :D

Awesome work, btw. So jelly right now!

Why have I not seen this thread before? I live on the forum ><

This is an awesome build!, brb gonna throw my PC in the bin

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The one Rig, I second that.

I have a question, I can't really remember the name of that keyboard, can someone tell me, please? :D

Awesome work, btw. So jelly right now!

it's an alienwear one

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I can't believe you haven't seen this until now I thought you see everything

lol, and you have an i7 and a 780ti,

how do you think the rest of us that dont have a 780ti and an i7 feel

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I can't believe you haven't seen this until now I thought you see everything

I know right? I am looking through your window right now even....erm could you stop doing that?

lol, and you have an i7 and a 780ti,

how do you think the rest of us that dont have a 780ti and an i7 feel

shh :3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My God.

Just, wow.

This is exactly what I would do if I had more money than I knew what to do with.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO