Dual Xeon, Dual Titan Z. Gaming/Workstation beast. (Name TBD)

meikat

Just the one monitor? Nice build btw haha holly shit. 

Read the description, it clearly states we're going to use 3 of them. ;)  NCIX or their shipper dropped the ball on the other two. They never showed up, yet he was charged for them.  We're trying to get them tracked down, reshipped, or refunded.  

Edit: I had never used NCIX, they had an amazing deal on them, and I know Linus recommends them strongly.  This isn't a good experience so far.  I'm hoping it wont be a hassle to get them tracked down.

Read the description, it clearly states we're going to use 3 of them. ;)  NCIX or their shipper dropped the ball on the other two. They never showed up, yet he was charged for them.  We're trying to get them tracked down, reshipped, or refunded.  

Edit: I had never used NCIX, they had an amazing deal on them, and I know Linus recommends them strongly.  This isn't a good experience so far.  I'm hoping it wont be a hassle to get them tracked down.

Oh right sorry than

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Hey dude, how long do you plan to use this ? Any upgrades on the line ? I don't really think so since this is pretty much the best for the most money you can have. I could be wrong though, tech evolves so god damn fast, I'm still amazed even though I started learning about computer hardware back in the old days of GeForce 6600GT and SLI was just introduced 

Spoiler

Hey dude, how long do you plan to use this ? Any upgrades on the line ? I don't really think so since this is pretty much the best for the most money you can have. I could be wrong though, tech evolves so god damn fast, I'm still amazed even though I started learning about computer hardware back in the old days of GeForce 6600GT and SLI was just introduced 

He'll probably use it for 2-3 years before doing major upgrades.

Oh so you build this for your friend, didn't see that coming. All those hardwares blown my mind away.

2-3 years sounds reasonable I think  :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Oh so you build this for your friend, didn't see that coming. All those hardwares blown my mind away.

2-3 years sound reasonable I think  :rolleyes:

Yep yep.  He wanted something incredibly extreme and wanted to build it himself, so I'm doing about 80-90% of it and he's watching.

really?! o.0

i think anyone will feel that 24 cores and 48 treads and dual Titan Z is the beast you can go

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

really?! o.0

i think anyone will feel that 24 cores and 48 treads and dual Titan Z is the beast you can go

Well for now... but give it a couple years, and Nvidia/AMD will pump out some crazy stuff. :)

Well for now... but give it a couple years, and Nvidia/AMD will pump out some crazy stuff. :)

indeed 

did you client like the name i suggested :D

'The One Rig' especially with that hardware setup and a matching The One Ring and Eye Of Sauron will be the most fitting for this PC

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

indeed 

did you client like the name i suggested :D

'The One Rig' especially with that hardware setup and a matching The One Ring and Eye Of Sauron will be the most fitting for this PC

Yeah he liked it, but we're mulling over "the hulk" since it's huge, powerful, and it will be green themed lighting.

Yeah he liked it, but we're mulling over "the hulk" since it's huge, powerful, and it will be green themed lighting.

you mean this?

the hulk >>>>>> puny little god

Yep yep.  He wanted something incredibly extreme and wanted to build it himself, so I'm doing about 80-90% of it and he's watching.

I like to build PCs with the "owners".

Often they learn something from me and I get challenges every time, because they want something unusual :D So I learn more by building =)

I like to build PCs with the "owners".

Often they learn something from me and I get challenges every time, because they want something unusual :D So I learn more by building =)

I normally avoid doing it for people because they want help ALL the time with every little thing.  He's not that bad luckily.  I'm definitely having to learn new things, so that's fun. :D

I normally avoid doing it for people because they want help ALL the time with every little thing.  He's not that bad luckily.  I'm definitely having to learn new things, so that's fun. :D

Just treat them like a pet :P it works :D

i literally thought this was troll post & only after seing those pictures i was able to come to the fact that it was actually being build, I'm Quite really Impressed, becuase the specs sheet is something that you would see on a dream build* , The only thing that bothers me is the fact that you went for air cooling instead of water cooling (any particular reason for that?) , only thing i saw close to this was from TTL on oc3d, Pretty nice job there :) *High five*

*Believe it or not this is exactly the same build that i had in my mind except the air cooling (i was planning exactly similar specs), but for me to reach there it's going to take 3 or more years from the date of this post :( ,by then new GPU & CPU comb would be out.

Details separate people.

i literally thought this was troll post & only after seing those pictures i was able to come to the fact that it was actually being build, I'm Quite really Impressed, becuase the specs sheet is something that you would see on a dream build* , The only thing that bothers me is the fact that you went for air cooling instead of water cooling (any particular reason for that?) , only thing i saw close to this was from TTL on oc3d, Pretty nice job there :) *High five*

*Believe it or not this is exactly the same build that i had in my mind except the air cooling (i was planning exactly similar specs), but for me to reach there it's going to take 3 or more years from the date of this post :( ,by then new GPU & CPU comb would be out.

Read the full thread dude :) They'll go custom loop!

it even interesting to see a female PC builder doing a extreme build :D

Read the full thread dude :) They'll go custom loop!

Yeah! you're right , didn't read the comments because i was too excited to see all dem flashing lights from the build pics.. 25k build? Man that's quite rare to see..

Details separate people.

it even interesting to see a female PC builder doing a extreme build :D

I've done a few in my time, but this is the first one I felt was worth doing a build log for.

@meikat , read your specs , damn , you must be jealous having to building all that & letting it go like that.. :angry:

Details separate people.

I love how you don't care about how overkill people will/have said this is. Please never change.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

@meikat , read your specs , damn , you must be jealous having to building all that & letting it go like that.. :angry:

I never said I'm not jealous, but the way I look at it is I look at the bright side.  I'm getting to do something that nerds like me pretty much NEVER get the chance to do, but dream about most of their lives.  Also, I plan on building a 2-3k beast of my own once DDR4 ram and the next gen of video cards hit, I'm sure the difference in performance will be minimal between his system and mine.  It'll be good enough/

I love how you don't care about how overkill people will/have said this is. Please never change.

I think it's because I grew up with wealthy people around me.  My best friend's dad spent around $75k having an old Dodge Challenger completely restored to original specs.  The car will never be worth what he spent on it, but he didn't care.  People gonna do what they wanna do, as long as you take the time to tell them "Hey, this is completely overkill.  People who spend $20k less than you will have almost the same perceivable performance in most things... Are you ok with that?"

hey gurl pls put some more pictures for gods sake. we are dying here.

hey gurl pls put some more pictures for gods sake. we are dying here.

There's not more pictures to take right now.  I'm only over at his house working on it on the weekends.  I've taken a lot of pictures so far... are there specific things you guys want to see pictures of?

There's not more pictures to take right now.  I'm only over at his house working on it on the weekends.  I've taken a lot of pictures so far... are there specific things you guys want to see pictures of?

The "Z's" in all their sexyness, please!