What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

this is pretty awesome, as mobile workstations have been rather stagnant for the past few years, and a good review for this would be taking it to CES to see how it'll handle video editing, even though it is more designed for 3D modeling.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Thinkpad doesn't mean thinkpad anymore, sadly.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Do another cheap product rant !

Featuring the celeron and pentium J line !

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

could you Review the GlowForge when it comes out!! 

https://glowforge.com/

it's something I want to get I just don't know -.- ps it also might help you all out with cutting stuff up lol

Best emp

Linus is usually on at 3am CST. Try posting then.

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

THAT'S PRETTY NEAT

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Spoken to a few people that own laser cutters, and run a business using the laser cutters. They have all said the same, it looks impressive but that is about it, everything it does can already be done with other lasers, you can build the same with a cheap chinese laser, and upgrade the control board yourself all for around half the price (you could also do it cheaper than the pre order price).

Few things that bug me about the glow forge,

1. "3D Laser Printer".. its not a "Printer" its marketing crap, it is just a laser cutter / engraver.

2. The design, I mean who the hell thought a plastic body would be good for a laser cutter... its designed to CUT through plastic...

3. The Laser Tube - 40W for the basic and 45W for the pro... I was expecting a bigger laser tube for that price.

What I will say is they have a great marketing team, they have managed to spread the word about this everywhere, and they have made it sound great, but in reality it's just another laser with basic specs and an outrageous price tag.

I am not an expert and still new to laser cutters, but everyone I know that has their own business and uses laser cutters on a daily basis have all said the same.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Review the Nanoxia Deep Silence series

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

really I thought the price was killer most laser cutter / engravers are like 2 to 3 times the price 

could you post some  that people think are better?

really I thought the price was killer most laser cutter / engravers are like 2 to 3 times the price 

could you post some  that people think are better?

Most people I know use the cheap chinese ones, similar to these - Click Here - and then upgrade the control board, or if you don't want to mess around upgrading the machine then something like this would be better - Click Here -  you could go even bigger with this one - Click Here. In fact those I know that have a big brand laser and a cheap chinese one, have all said that they are both the same except different paint, layout of wiring, and different style bed.

Also the feature GlowForge shows where it can detect the material looks great, and I know that is one of the main features that is drawing people in, but the truth is after a week of playing around with a machine like a laser cutter, that feature becomes useless as you will know what settings to need to cut/engrave.

something I forgot to mention in my last post is the parts they use, from what I have read/heard it's all proprietary, so if anything needs replacing such as the control board or laser tube, then you will have to buy it from GlowForge themselves, while other brands mainly use standard parts, so you can find replacements from many places. At the moment GlowForge is getting popular and making money, but know one knows the future, they could shut down in a few years and you will end up with a paper weight as it will be hard to find parts for it

As I said in my previous post, I am still new to lasers and I am just repeating what I have read. Also the links I posted are for reference only, there are many sellers and places to buy them from, if you do plan on buying a machine then research the seller first and read the reviews.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

• 3 weeks later...

LSTN headphones! They've been out for a while, but I'd love to see what you think: are they any good?

Review the Fractal Design Kelvin expandable AIOs. Would like to know how those perform.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

1.Asus X550cc

Linus would probably like the keyboard.

2. I switched to the iPhone 6s (for 1 month)

3.linus tech tips pc edition review +giveaway.

The InFocus Kangaroo

I personally use it for media streaming and make a program which auto signs into Amazon prime, Netflix, YT, and Facebook

http://www.infocus.com/kangaroo

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

• 3 weeks later...

this keyboard is boss it has swappable cherry mx switches, its rgb, supposedly waterproof, it's made of metal with white keycaps, WHITE!!!!!, it's currently under $100, if this isnt possible to find as i am having trouble getting this model, possibly look for the stormx titan or E-element which seem to be extremely similar
(link) ---- >  http://www.yoycart.com/Product/43039485724/      I apologize if my link isnt terribley usefull i also found it on massdrop also slightly different than pictured
also i know this is opinion based but IT LOOKS SOOO RAD AND HAS BOSS FEATURES!!!!.....doesn't have a volume dial unfortunatly

explains the keyboard well, but its in... chinese, which i took in high school ...buuuut still can't understand

post-303310-0-97939200-1453162631.jpg

What about the NZXT Hue+? It's not a game changing product but it looks pretty, has great features and deserves some spot in the limelight.

mudgee - Jedi System Builder