Rate the Photo Above you

A photo I took today in France,

Nikon D5200

Nikon 50mm F1.8G

I don't have an editing program currently, otherwise I would have centred the image better.

~~

'dat Bokeh. Cat looks out of focus, but it could be because you were looking straight up. For a second I thought this was taken horizontally - it's been a long day.

Going through some of my motorsports photos from last month, did a bit of touch up. In hindsight, should have picked a less blurry picture but oh well - you can't really tell when it's downsampled.

1395922537377034054.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

A photo I took today in France,

Nikon D5200

Nikon 50mm F1.8G

I don't have an editing program currently, otherwise I would have centred the image better.

*meow*

This is a great shot!! It made me smile  :)

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

'dat Bokeh. Cat looks out of focus, but it could be because you were looking straight up. For a second I thought this was taken horizontally - it's been a long day.

Going through some of my motorsports photos from last month, did a bit of touch up. In hindsight, should have picked a less blurry picture but oh well - you can't really tell when it's downsampled.

1395922537377034054.jpg

8/10 I wish it was sharper and maybe a little more centered.

I set my camera up to take 80 continuous 30 second pictures last night and I got some cool star trails along with an Iridium flare. 

Iridium Flare; (It's in the bottom right)

20154006104_ad2bc45c4c_k.jpgIridium Flare by 1823alex, on Flickr

Star Trails;

20783803021_9fd1d0280f_k.jpgLong Star Trails In the Midwest by 1823alex, on Flickr

I'm pretty sad about the Iridium flare picture though since the flare is in the bottom right and I forgot to turn off Image Stabilization while I was doing this and they looked like they were fine on my camera screen, but of course when you bring them over to the computer, they look different.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

This is a great shot!! It made me smile  :)

He (or she) was the first of two cats I found looking out of windows.  The second photo isn't as interesting, so I didn't post it.

sold

1395922537377034054.jpg

If you look closely the cat is in focus, just not the whole neck.  I was shooting at F3.2, so I could get a nice shallow dof, but it would have been better at F6.3 or F8 for sharpness.

sold

8/10 I wish it was sharper and maybe a little more centered.

I set my camera up to take 80 continuous 30 second pictures last night and I got some cool star trails along with an Iridium flare. 

Iridium Flare; (It's in the bottom right)

Iridium Flare by 1823alex, on Flickr

Star Trails;

Long Star Trails In the Midwest by 1823alex, on Flickr

I'm pretty sad about the Iridium flare picture though since the flare is in the bottom right and I forgot to turn off Image Stabilization while I was doing this and they looked like they were fine on my camera screen, but of course when you bring them over to the computer, they look different.

It is good, although including some other stuff (mountains, buildings, ect.), would add to the overall composition of the image.  

I love the colours of the stars, and the way some of the streaks are longer than others, 7.5/10

In another French town.  I am really trying to get away from Cliche travel photos, so let me know if I am succeeding!

Nikon D5200

Nikon 50mm F1.8G @ F5 and 1/60th

0teIohX.jpg

Edited by Blade of Grass
Removed Quoted Images

sold

It is good, although including some other stuff (mountains, buildings, ect.), would add to the overall composition of the image.  

I love the colours of the stars, and the way some of the streaks are longer than others, 7.5/10

In another French town.  I am really trying to get away from Cliche travel photos, so let me know if I am succeeding!

Nikon D5200

Nikon 50mm F1.8G @ F5 and 1/60th

-snip image-

Ya, I was going to have some trees in the mix as I did 100 with trees and 100 without, but the trees were so bllurry from the wind that it just ruined the image once I put it into StarStax. I wish I had more buildings near me, cause I would love to have some sort of building in the foreground of my star photos.

Edited by Blade of Grass

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

These pictures are from my dad, He's an avid photographer, unfortunuately his NiKON D70-S is getting a bit old so he's slowly scrambling money together to buy a 5dm3 or something like that.

Doubt these pictures look too god because i took them from his website, he said he downsampled them because of © issues.

post-90150-0-78728100-1440347348_thumb.j

post-90150-0-49092200-1440347358_thumb.j

post-90150-0-10587800-1440347369_thumb.j

post-90150-0-16673900-1440347384_thumb.j

post-90150-0-85635300-1440347395_thumb.j

post-90150-0-78728100-1440347348_thumb.j

post-90150-0-49092200-1440347358_thumb.j

post-90150-0-10587800-1440347369_thumb.j

post-90150-0-16673900-1440347384_thumb.j

post-90150-0-85635300-1440347395_thumb.j

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

These pictures are from my dad, He's an avid photographer, unfortunuately his NiKON D70-S is getting a bit old so he's slowly scrambling money together to buy a 5dm3 or something like that.

Doubt these pictures look too god because i took them from his website, he said he downsampled them because of © issues.

I like the shots he had with the person. He looks rather natural and somewhat gives a "story" vibe.

Well, here's my shots

10646883_10202961746106798_3886015900188

1602186_375780155917804_8832699064119432

For the second shot, I was stupid enough to use an 85mm on manual focus (since it was just on an adapter and was strictly manual focus anyways) to take this shot since it was a live performance in a gig. I'm surprised that out of the hundreds of shots I took that time, this was the only one I'm very satisfied with.

Formerly known as TumbleButt (I won't send dick pics now, I'll just send lemons instead (rotting lemons from now on). Recommend the M50X, I'll send you a rotting lemon... because thats what you are, a rotting lemon...)

I like the shots he had with the person. He looks rather natural and somewhat gives a "story" vibe.

Well, here's my shots

For the second shot, I was stupid enough to use an 85mm on manual focus (since it was just on an adapter and was strictly manual focus anyways) to take this shot since it was a live performance in a gig. I'm surprised that out of the hundreds of shots I took that time, this was the only one I'm very satisfied with.

I love the composition for both of these photos, though the second looks like the face of the subject is a bit soft. 8/10

Here are a couple of shots I took at Antelope Island

HeuISJu.jpgJNtvgME.jpgShot on a Canon Rebel T3 so the quality is much to be desired with this sensor at times. Kit lens and 50mm f1.8 lens were used. Haven't had the money to upgrade (College student ;-;)

CPU: Intel i5-2400Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LXMemory: 16GB 1333MHz Crucial BallistixGPU: GIGABYTE WINDFORCE GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 (1085 MHz/1150 MHz) | Storage: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SSD + Western Digital 3.5-Inch 2TB HDDPSU: Diablotek PHD650 650W
Neumont University | Bachelors of Science in Computer Science | In Progress

I love the composition for both of these photos, though the second looks like the face of the subject is a bit soft. 8/10

Here are a couple of shots I took at Antelope Island

-snip images-

Shot on a Canon Rebel T3 so the quality is much to be desired with this sensor at times. Kit lens and 50mm f1.8 lens were used. Haven't had the money to upgrade (College student ;- ;)

Wow! I love these pictures! 10/10

NJ7vn29.jpg

Sorry for dirty window :D

Edited by Blade of Grass

I5-4690K 4.7GHZ/Corsair H105/16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz/Asus VII HERO Z97/Evga 980 Ti Hybrid(soon)/Evga G2 750W/NZXT H440/Samsung 840 250Gb/WD Blue 1Tb/Logitech G502/Corsair K70 Blue switch/Logitech z4/Dell u2414h/Sennheiser HD650 With O2 Amp and ODAC/Mic-ISK-CRU1

Ya, I was going to have some trees in the mix as I did 100 with trees and 100 without, but the trees were so bllurry from the wind that it just ruined the image once I put it into StarStax. I wish I had more buildings near me, cause I would love to have some sort of building in the foreground of my star photos.

True, it makes a photo much more interesting if you have some sort of reference; a person, building, tree, really anything.

I really want to try the star trail photography, it looks soo cool.

Wow! I love these pictures! 10/10

-snip large image-

Sorry for dirty window :D

The window is really distracting, as is the frame in the bottom. I think the focus may be slightly off as-well.

6/10

I don't want to seem nit-picky, however I have noticed that some people don't actually rate the "photo above you". They simple post their own photos, without looking to see if there is anything to rate (ignoring the whole point of this thread). Oh-well, although it may be a good idea to read the thread rules once and a while just as a refresher.

From a French market.
Nikon D5200
Nikon 50mm F1.8G @ F5

CTr16jQ.jpg

Edited by Blade of Grass

sold

I absolutely love the blackboard sign in your picture. I think the colors are fantastic and everything looks amazing in it. My only critique would be that the peppers are very out of focus.

I took this months ago at the beach. I love the lack of color, for some reason. (No, I'm not emo :P)

Taken with a Nikon D3300

ajQytlu.jpg

8.5/10, very nice focus on subject with some subtle background blur

Took this on some bridge

20720889252_072816fed8_k.jpg[url=https://flic.kr/p/xz2Ytf]

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Nice colors but too centered 8/10

Taken at the Hague

attachicon.gifIMG_5983.jpg

I love the way the Motorhome pops, although a lower angle may have improved the overall composition. 

8.5/10

One of the many churches/cathedrals I visited in Europe.  I wanted I different angle, and I love stained glass, so this happened.  Unfortunately the focus isn't where I want it, nor is the angle exact.  Oh well...

2K6NIBa.jpg

sold

Nice colors but too centered 8/10

Taken at the Hague

Nice photo, I like the colours of the truck. One thing; the placement of your watermark annoys me in this photo, I think it would have been better suited in the corner farther away from the truck.

_DSC3215.jpg

EDIT: I seemed to have been very late to post this and someone else got in before me.

I love the way the Motorhome pops, although a lower angle may have improved the overall composition.

8.5/10

One of the many churches/cathedrals I visited in Europe. I wanted I different angle, and I love stained glass, so this happened. Unfortunately the focus isn't where I want it, nor is the angle exact. Oh well...

Interesting angle, but I dislike how the top of the ceiling artwork was cut off.

8.5/10

One of the many churches/cathedrals I visited in Europe.  I wanted I different angle, and I love stained glass, so this happened.  Unfortunately the focus isn't where I want it, nor is the angle exact.  Oh well...

-snip-

hmm interesting position, might try it myself to ocne I'm in a church once again with my camera. thanks for sparking the idea.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Nice photo, I like the colours of the truck. One thing; the placement of your watermark annoys me in this photo, I think it would have been better suited in the corner farther away from the truck.

-Snip-

EDIT: I seemed to have been very late to post this and someone else got in before me.

Interesting angle, but I dislike how the top of the ceiling artwork was cut off.

I had forgot my wide angle lens, so I had to make do with the 50mm.  I was considering stitching two images together, although I didn't know how it would turn out so I left it.

sold

Today i tried levitation photography and omg :D It looks so bad :D like from horror movie, i am tall so you know   :D High iso because it was dark in the room,not much light so sorry for quality ;/ 

lZ6XUq1.jpg 

I5-4690K 4.7GHZ/Corsair H105/16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz/Asus VII HERO Z97/Evga 980 Ti Hybrid(soon)/Evga G2 750W/NZXT H440/Samsung 840 250Gb/WD Blue 1Tb/Logitech G502/Corsair K70 Blue switch/Logitech z4/Dell u2414h/Sennheiser HD650 With O2 Amp and ODAC/Mic-ISK-CRU1

Today i tried levitation photography and omg :D It looks so bad :D like from horror movie, i am tall so you know   :D High iso because it was dark in the room,not much light so sorry for quality ;/ 

-snip-

Please follow the rules (and thread title :P) and rate the photo above yours.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

-Image Snipped-

I like the idea and the concept of this, which is something I've never heard of or tried, however I have 2 problems with the image, it's extremely grainy, I would've liked color as well. The back of the door behind your right hand (My left) makes it look like you're carrying some sort of wand/nightstick, next time you try this, I'd try it in a brightly light place with a lower ISO and wide aperture if it's still somewhat dark. Love the idea and concept however so I'd give it a 7/10.

Now, I just got back from a family friends' house and they've got a shy cat named Chloe so I got some cooler pictures of her. (I'm gonna post more than one, you don't need to rate all of them just the one you like the most if you want.)

20668776690_22a1a3b204_k.jpgWhat's up there? by 1823alex, on Flickr

20235846633_bea6235c45_k.jpgNap Time by 1823alex, on Flickr

I like the cat.. But its a but fuzzy.

here is my cock.. kek I took this myself of one of my beloved chickens. I think shes dead now i cant remember.

Pk5DXFU.jpg

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

*Fire truck scene*

Great shot with great lighting.  I really love the lighting in the scene.  The red on the house, the orange of the fire, it all feels like something out of a movie.

here is my cock.. kek I took this myself of one of my beloved chickens. I think shes dead now i cant remember.

That's one mean looking cock...  I don't mind the tilt/angle.  I wish I could see more of the top of the head.  The beak is a bit hot/bright.  RIP (maybe)... :mellow:

My photo:

i-dfgGTPm-X3.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers