Rate the Photo Above you

e3abada4.jpg

Kinda grainy but some nice light 7/10

here is a new one from me

IMG_5374-2_zps4bc0e6d3.jpg

here is a new one from me

IMG_5374-2_zps4bc0e6d3.jpg

Really neat concept, 8/10. I imagine you went with black and white to make the skeletons stand out from the leaves and branches in the background, I probably would have added a bit more contrast for some more pop. I also like how you used the vignette because it keeps bringing my eyes back to the center of the photo. Very nice.

Here's my photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62133015@N08/11765924705/

11765924705_79c9474f30_c.jpg

i5 4690k  -  MSI Z97M Gaming  -  GTX 970  -  Kingston HyperX Savage  -  Samsung 840 EVO  -  Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

Why not? I took it. I created it. 

it's cool man, but I wouldn't either count this as a photo- more like a photo manipulation...but it's cool- looks good. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

it's cool man, but I wouldn't either count this as a photo- more like a photo manipulation...but it's cool- looks good. 

I'll admit to it, next photo I post won't be a manip.  :P

@HazMatt - Cool macro, love the depth of field in the foreground, and the color transition of blue and gold. 

Here is my photo:

post-52795-0-70164800-1388969936.jpg

| Specs: Red = New | CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.2ghz | MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | RAM: G-Skill 16GB DDR3 SDRAM | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti | CASE: Antec 1200 Full Tower | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 Black/Red Cherry MX Red's | MOUSE: Corsair Raptor M40 | 

now that is a good one! 10 times better then your first one, I'm giving it 9/10 just to see if you have any better ones. Do share the date with us nerds. (camera, lens, aperture, shutter speed iso-EVERYTHING ) :D

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

now that is a good one! 10 times better then your first one, I'm giving it 9/10 just to see if you have any better ones. Do share the date with us nerds. (camera, lens, aperture, shutter speed iso-EVERYTHING ) :D

Haha I'll hold you to that. (Canon 5DMII, EF50mm f/1.8II, f5.6, 1/800, ISO 200.)

| Specs: Red = New | CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.2ghz | MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | RAM: G-Skill 16GB DDR3 SDRAM | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti | CASE: Antec 1200 Full Tower | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 Black/Red Cherry MX Red's | MOUSE: Corsair Raptor M40 | 

Haha I'll hold you to that. (Canon 5DMII, EF50mm f/1.8II, f5.6, 1/800, ISO 200.)

nice, so except for that camera, nothing too fancy...pulling the best out of the legendary "plastic fantastic" EF 50mm

nice, so except for that camera, nothing too fancy...pulling the best out of the legendary "plastic fantastic" EF 50mm

The cheapo 50mm f1.8 is an amazing lens! It's sharp, and works great. 

Seeing as the last photo was from fadewood I will give my opinion on that. The colours look great, however it does look like has been HDR'd slightly or the shadows have been boosted. You can see this mainly in the hair as it makes her hair look a little grey in places. The scene looks great, she fits really well in the image and the photo is composed nicely.

Here is a photo I took recently:

11807393136_c2460cf6d9.jpg

I must disagree. I don't believe this is HDR, and how do you mean "a little HDR'd" ? HDR have more details in the background( or rather the same as in the foreground). Taking 3 photos (or more) in different exposures is what gives you that look (for example underexposing to get the sky colours look more bright). How ever it's hard to guess  what was used for processing,but my guess would be if Lr is used balancing the shadows-highlight also adding contrast and clarity- if a plugin was used I would say tonal contrast (color efex 4) or something like that. 

As for your picture, I would give it 6.5/10- It's taken flawlessly, exposed  as it should be, but composition is rather boring, and too much "leg room". I'm guessing that you have more interesting ones from the same shoot. Also was this taken with flash? 

I must disagree. I don't believe this is HDR, and how do you mean "a little HDR'd" ? HDR have more details in the background( or rather the same as in the foreground). Taking 3 photos (or more) in different exposures is what gives you that look (for example underexposing to get the sky colours look more bright). How ever it's hard to guess  what was used for processing,but my guess would be if Lr is used balancing the shadows-highlight also adding contrast and clarity- if a plugin was used I would say tonal contrast (color efex 4) or something like that. 

As for your picture, I would give it 6.5/10- It's taken flawlessly, exposed  as it should be, but composition is rather boring, and too much "leg room". I'm guessing that you have more interesting ones from the same shoot. Also was this taken with flash? 

Well when I look at the images, I can see the shadows have been boosted and details has been brought out. I have found when doing HDR's in the past that more detail comes out of the shadows than the highlight. This is what I was meaning by the HDR effect. Obviously how harsh the HDR effect is depends on the exposure differences of the photos.

Thanks, I try my best to make sure that it was exposed well. I shoot with flash for most of my band photography. I agree after looking at the image that there was too much leg room. This was the bands favorite so I decided to show this, but have a look at the others in the set if you like :)

For Streamlines photo, I think that the photo looks great! Its quite difficult to critique this photo as there isn't really much wrong with it. To me it would great as a computer background! 8/10 :)

I back this statement, I don't do any HDR in my work, I do a lot of adjusting in camera raw. Photoshop for some retouching and processing. I used to do a lot of HDR back when HDR was the "Next best thing for Photography" However that died pretty quick. The only people doing HDR now a days are the ones who are just discovering it or for some reason think it's still awesome. 

@Streamline That is a rad picture, is that an actual landscape or a macro image? Love the cold feel to it. 9/10

I back this statement, I don't do any HDR in my work, I do a lot of adjusting in camera raw. Photoshop for some retouching and processing. I used to do a lot of HDR back when HDR was the "Next best thing for Photography" However that died pretty quick. The only people doing HDR now a days are the ones who are just discovering it or for some reason think it's still awesome. 

@Streamline That is a rad picture, is that an actual landscape or a macro image? Love the cold feel to it. 9/10

Okay, well it does still look like the exposure of the shadows has been increased. The easiest way would be to see the original next to the final edit.

HDR's can be very effective in landscapes as long as the exposure range of the photos is fairly small. Just brings back a little more detail in the highlights and the shadows.

Okay, well it does still look like the exposure of the shadows has been increased. The easiest way would be to see the original next to the final edit.

HDR's can be very effective in landscapes as long as the exposure range of the photos is fairly small. Just brings back a little more detail in the highlights and the shadows.

This is exactly what I've meant: I don't know do you use Lightroom but it's what I do for all my landscapes balancing  opening the shadows and lowering down the highlights (very effective for the sky): Also I often shoot daylight landscapes a bit underexposed to get the sky right (especially on a overcast day). Also I don't use a lot of HDR (though as you said it can be useful in some situations) but I do use a lot of HDR bracketing (especially with Magic lantern on my Canon T3i)- for the same reasons I already mentioned. Btw where can I look the other photos from the set?

@Streamline Love it-9/10. 9 is just because the corners of the "sun" look a tiny bit burned out-but it's more a preference than a flaw.

Here is one of mine. Not the sexiest models, but they wouldn't move ( so I had to cut them a bit-let's call it a creative crop  :D )

aix7.jpg

This is exactly what I've meant: I don't know do you use Lightroom but it's what I do for all my landscapes balancing  opening the shadows and lowering down the highlights (very effective for the sky): Also I often shoot daylight landscapes a bit underexposed to get the sky right (especially on a overcast day). Also I don't use a lot of HDR (though as you said it can be useful in some situations) but I do use a lot of HDR bracketing (especially with Magic lantern on my Canon T3i)- for the same reasons I already mentioned. Btw where can I look the other photos from the set?

@Streamline Love it-9/10. 9 is just because the corners of the "sun" look a tiny bit burned out-but it's more a preference than a flaw.

Here is one of mine. Not the sexiest models, but they wouldn't move ( so I had to cut them a bit-let's call it a creative crop  :D )

I do the same with landscapes. Slightly under expose then create a few more images within photoshop from that with varying exposures. Then just put them through photomatixs.

Just press on my photo or the link bellow to be taken to my flickr/ the photo set.

To the photo. I think it looks great. the exposure looks good and the blue hue works on the image. The only thing that is slightly distracting is the tower right in the middle. I would give this a good 7/10.

That's a macro(ish) pic

Yea, unfortunately I forgot to set my camera to shoot in raw when I took this so quality did suffer quite a bit while processing it.

-snip-

Been a while since I've been to this sub-forum sadly, don't know why they had to hide it away all the way in the bottom. :(

8/10. Colors are awesome, composition seems a little weird but not something that hits you in the face. Absolutely love the background. :)

Picture from the 2013 ADAC-Zurich 24H Rennen on Nürburgring.

IMG_8152_zps7040cbfb.jpg

Been a while since I've been to this sub-forum sadly, don't know why they had to hide it away all the way in the bottom. :(

8/10. Colors are awesome, composition seems a little weird but not something that hits you in the face. Absolutely love the background. :)

Picture from the 2013 ADAC-Zurich 24H Rennen on Nürburgring.

Photo looks great! colours are perfect and the motion caught is perfect. I give this a 9/10!

Because it is throw back Thursday, here is probably my favorite photo I have taken! Almost cant believe this is from 2012! Feels like I got up yesterday and took it!

7399741354_432c5e505b_b.jpg
Early morning by Mat Teague, on Flickr

love the bokeh but there is not enough keeping you looking at the picture longer 9/10

11709545004_2a37f07bb3_c.jpg
Sunset von J.Dibbern auf Flickr
Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

I should have quoted you to let you know I had seen your photo.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I love the drama to she sky and the silhouette of the trees. That tiny patch of blue sky really draws you in. 8/10.

-snip-

My mushroom "Eat Me".

That looks really yummy. 7/10 not a fan of selective colouring :3

Bring on the Mac hate

9510004361_a9cf70fee5_b.jpg

Larger version here

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Y2ie4iu.jpg

I TOOK THIS ONE BITCHESSSS. Canon EOS 5D.

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Nice photo, sharpness is great. The photo feels a little dark also you are in that middle ground of stopping motion and having it flowing which makes it look like ice. (Side note, the image is massive and I am unable to view it properly off my laptop screen.)

Because it is throw back Thursdays yet again, here is one of my mate MJ.

9161268607_8db68a5942_z.jpg