North Korea's vision of the future looks like classic sci-fi

Dietrichw

Source

More Photos

north-korean-architecture-concepts.jpg

When a country is essentially cut off from the rest of the world, peculiar things can happen. In Cuba, the half-century-plus trade-embargo means antique Chevy Bel Airs roam the streets like pigeons, and apparently North Korea's communist ideology translates to some pretty interesting views of the future. A tourism firm in the region gave a state-employed architect free reign to imagine how the mountains of Myohyangsan would appear with a high-rise bridge connecting them in one instance, and what a floating house/hovercraft hybrid (seriously) or a hotel and gondola in Nampo's port would look like in others. The whole of the idea was to experiment with what a "sustainable tourism model" might resemble, according to CNN. And, if you ask us, the four-year project has a certain pulp sci-fi vibe to it. The concept drawings will be on display at Venice's Architecture Biennale until November if you'd like a first-hand look, otherwise hit the source if you can't make it to Italy by then.

North-Korea is a joke and should be bombed IMO. They are retards

I was expecting some sort of steam punk concept.

This on the other hand... I don't even..

Are those buildings like some scotch tape design solar panel power plants?

What's really funny is that despite never actually having said it, I secretly sometimes think that too, maybe not the people they would be perhaps evacuated, but definitely the moron leaders and flatten the derelict place, let the South Koreans take over and rebuilt it and help the citizens.

What's really funny is that despite never actually having said it, I secretly sometimes think that too, maybe not the people they would be perhaps evacuated, but definitely the moron leaders and flatten the derelict place, let the South Koreans take over and rebuilt it and help the citizens.

China should stop supporting North-Korea and force all the KIm Jong faggots to be executed and make everything normal.

Aspirations:

the-jetsons.jpg

Reality:

The_Flintstones_1960_title_screen.png

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

China should stop supporting North-Korea and force all the KIm Jong faggots to be executed and make everything normal.

NK leadership is completely ridiculous, yes I agree, let all the people who want to defect leave and then cleanse the fools. :D

I don't think China would do that.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Now thats the way of the future.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Just like killing Saddam was supposed to make everything normal and make iraq the most democratic country in the middle east, oh wait. 

Just like killing Saddam was supposed to make everything normal and make iraq the most democratic country in the middle east, oh wait. 

Saddam wasn't even active anymore on it's own.

Saddam wasn't even active anymore on it's own.

Yes he was, Iraq had a functioning government that used force to stabilize the sectarian conflict, the US came in acting as world police, removed him from power to give people "democracy" and now the country is gone to shit and is on the verge of being split into 3 states. 

you can't just go around bombing governments willy nilly creating power vacuums and expect people to suddenly become civilized and cooperate with each other to create a western style state. 

I'll be honest and say the majority of it is absolute bollocks, but some of it, like the stilted hotel and the dock hotel look doable and appear to be quite sensibly designed. They just need to make the stilts shorter and it would be quite a good idea.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I still don't understand the words tourist and North Korea being used in the same scentence

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

We all know that one that north and south korea are gonna fight once again sooner or later. Maybe this the vision of the north win the game.

The picture looks possible but impractical.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

China only does it because they don't want millions of uneducated people to flood their borders.

Otherwise they would've probably got rid of that dictatorship years ago.

Also how are you supposed to explain a few million people that everything they know about todays world is a lie ?

RTX2070OC 

Like every government then. All governments and parties are shit are they not.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yes he was, Iraq had a functioning government that used force to stabilize the sectarian conflict, the US came in acting as world police, removed him from power to give people "democracy" and now the country is gone to shit and is on the verge of being split into 3 states. 

you can't just go around bombing governments willy nilly creating power vacuums and expect people to suddenly become civilized and cooperate with each other to create a western style state. 

Someone is thinking around here!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.