Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

Suisei no Gargantia / Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Ledo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Ledo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Ledo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Ledo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.

(Source: ANN)

tl;dr in the future after global warming there's a space battle with the human race and squid aliens, the main character lebdo gets caught in a worm hole with him and his mecha called "chamber" he ends up on earth which has been lost for like a good millenium then shit goes on there

i liked it

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16524/Suisei_no_Gargantia

Plastic Memories Placed on a futuristic world, our main character starts working on a corporation which makes androids that have human emotions called Giftia. This androids have an expiring date, they last for around 9 years, and our MC is on the department that's in charge of recovering the giftias when they are about to expire. He's paired with Isla, a female giftia that all she has done is serve tea to her co-workers.

Overview: It's a drama as you can imagine, to me is good enough to recommend it, a very good anime if you really get into the story and the characters as i did.

Akame ga kill Nothing like the manga i've heard. Placed on a fantastic world, our main character goes to the city to make money for his village, when he arrives he finds out how horrible the corruption coming from the Emperor, whom is influenced by his Prime Minister. After witnessing how bad it was, he joins Night Raid, a group of assassins that are willing to kill everyone responsible of this corruption.

Overview: Action anime with slight changes to a normal one, nice comedy and good action scenes, some say it's not as good as the manga, but it's still really good.

Claymore A world where humans and this demonic beasts called Yoma coexist. Yomas eat humans and can actually change their appeareance to a human to not be seen so they can attack villages and no1 knows who's the Yoma. But there are also good guys, called Claymore, or Silver eyed witches, this females half-human half-yoma are incredibly strong due to sharing yoma's strength, but they are hated by society for being half-yoma. This claymores "work" for an organization that charge villages for their security so the claymore goes, kill the yoma, and the village pays. The story starts when Raki, a normal human is saved by Clare, but only after losing everything he had, including his family, after insisting a lot clare accepts to take him with her and that's where the story begin.

Overyview: One of the best action anime i've seen in the past year, action scenes are awesome, very cool story, 100% recommended.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Has a nice story great character design and has kind of one piece / naruto feeling to it 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Haikyuu!! (2014– )

Haikyuu!!

hard to say i guess ill just go with i like it ;3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Bakuman. (2010–2013)

Bakuman

if u like to see people perusing there dreams and a little romance go with it 

I'll just dump this here:

neregate.com-LQ-Fall-2015-Anime-Chart-v1

Personal Recommendations:

Hidan no Aria

Heavy Object

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai

Owarimonogatari

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

(my crap-ish taste is showing... no?)

Also

Lupin III and Young Black Jack (for those who love the older anime)

Did you say.. O-Owarimonogatari? <3

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I just started Monster and holy shit this thing is fucking intense, not intense in terms of the amount of action, but intense in how much plot related stuff you keep finding out as the main character goes on their quest to defeat the evil dude. It's kinda a crime drama thriller thing and it's really fucking good. Also, this is one of the few anime that I have watched that I feel could be adapted to western live action television series with minimal changes to the overall plot or even screenplay. It's a bit long (74 episodes) and I'm only 13 episodes in, but judging by it's rating, it seems like it does not go down hill at all.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3750

http://kissanime.com/Anime/Monster

Also I might be joining this thing. idk if I could keep up with the main thread tho.

change oari to ore and watch that thing. its adorable af

Im finishing Ore Monogatari up. While im here ill suggest it

Ore Monogatari

Synopsis:

Gouda Takeo is a freshman in high school. (Both estimates) Weight: 120kg, Height: 2 meters. He spends his days peacefully with his super-popular-with-girls, yet insensitive childhood friend, Sunakawa. One morning, on the train to school, Takeo saves a girl, Yamato, from being molested by a pervert. Could this be the beginning of spring for Takeo?

MAL | ANN

I think its really good. A Romance Genre Refresh, funny and i sometime scream from time to time. I really recommend it for you guys who love Romances but seeking for a werid but great anime. 

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Himouto Umaru-chan 

py7e.jpg

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Forgot we had a suggestions thread, and got a suggestion to suggest some manga here that I'm reading that I'm talking about on the main thread now. Not going to have the time to see if I or others have already recommended them, though.

Giant Killing. A sports manga, and it's about soccer? Must be crap, right? But it's actually one of the rare really good sports manga. It's not just about one character, or the team, or even just about the games themselves. It's about a lot of things, and has a great approach to the "underdog" story that makes it clear that in real life, these things don't easily happen, and that things like sleight of hand aren't enough. It's also not childish, and doesn't shy away from the things that usually don't get discussed, like aging athletes, management issues, injuries, and so on. Also has a great starter-anime that few people watched because it wasn't pretty-looking and was about soccer.

Otoyomegatari/A Bride's Story. I wouldn't be surprised if others recommended this one already on this thread, but if not then it's the best really-nicely-drawn manga about the Silk Road that you probably aren't reading. It's about realistic characters that get swept up into the daily issues of their time, without merely being a slice of life series. A strong cast of characters, both kids and adults, and an art style that really brings to life the era and their more intricate cloth-artwork. Not too serious, yet not too bland... just a neat little window into the past that's done in a way that brings it to life.

Isshuukan/One Week Friends. The manga is actually not a step down from the anime, though it does do some weird panel-layout shifts here and there that take getting-used-to. In return you get the rest of the story, which is now over, and we're about a volume-and-a-half away from having it completely scanlated. If you like teen romance stories that have a hint of melancholy in addition to cuteness, and portray flawed characters in endearing ways, then you'll probably enjoy this. As a bonus it could end on a happy or sad note and have earned either, plus the art style has a subtly unique charm to it.

Ryuushika Ryuushika. Do you like Yotsuba&, but want something slightly more imaginative? Try this vibrantly-drawn and -colored take on a young girl with a hyperactive imagination done by Yoshitoshi ABe, the guy who did the work on Haibane Renmei, Lain, and Texhnolyze. Don't worry, it's not depressing or metaphorical, just fun and charming. Plus it's probably a chapter or two away from completing its run, so now is a fine time to catch up if you're into these kinds of manga.

watamote.png

Not sure, whether it has been posted already or not, but I'd like to recommend WataMote (Watashi ga motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui), since the main protagonist (Tomoko, probably seen images of her online) is just extremely relatable (even though a little extreme) and the whole plot is basically her trying to gain a regular social life, getting popular and failing due to her hilariously stupid attempts at that.

Links:

Edit: POST #888! \o/

Katanagatari Is not your typical action anime for sure, and by that i mean it's better. Good quality dialogue, very good story, each episode is around 40 minutes long so you get really into the episode once you start watching. I didn't notice any cliche, or repetitive situation. You won't see this anime and thing "i've seen this on many other action animes", guaranteed. Beautiful artstyle, amazing story, great characters and character progression, no stupid cliches everyone's seen before. Also, some people liked the ending, some people didn't mind, some people didn't like the ending. I think it's a great anime, is not a masterpiece but you won't regret watching it.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Katanagatari Is not your typical action anime for sure, and by that i mean it's better. Good quality dialogue, very good story, each episode is around 40 minutes long so you get really into the episode once you start watching. I didn't notice any cliche, or repetitive situation. You won't see this anime and thing "i've seen this on many other action animes", guaranteed. Beautiful artstyle, amazing story, great characters and character progression, no stupid cliches everyone's seen before. Also, some people liked the ending, some people didn't mind, some people didn't like the ending. I think it's a great anime, is not a masterpiece but you won't regret watching it.

Will give a try if I find a trusted source...

Will give a try if I find a trusted source...

Trusted source? What u mean.

Trusted source? What u mean.

Some good quality subs that are better or equal to horriblesubs/crunchyroll...

Oh i speak spanish, so i use spanish subs, so i can't help you with that :/. Both @_INTER_ and @helping recommended it to me, idk how long it's been since they watched it but maybe they can help you out with some good quality subs.

Oh i speak spanish, so i use spanish subs, so i can't help you with that :/. Both @_INTER_ and @helping recommended it to me, idk how long it's been since they watched it but maybe they can help you out with some good quality subs.

I know a few groups... It's just a question of availability...

stuvwxyzABCD_k14508y.jpg

In a world where Japan is striving to reach the highest standard for public morals, all forms of "immoral" activity are strictly banned. A group of rebels named SOX lead by their hysterical leader, Ayame Kajou, are trying to overthrow this law by committing obscene/lewd acts of terrorism. Animation is top notch and the voice acting/music is just as good. Characters are well designed and memorable. I've never seen an anime quite like this one where a dirty joke is told in almost every other line. Very funny anime and a must watch for 2015! 

It doesn't matter too much with this one

I would avoid HS/CR for the lack of visual quality, and Katanagatari has looks down, so I would give that some priority.

Mazui is a solid sub group.

The Elysium 720p version is pretty well optimized for size to quality.

I've never seen an anime quite like this one where a dirty joke is told in almost every other line. Very funny anime and a must watch for 2015!

I saw a few episodes, I don't think I'll continue.

It sounds like something you expect from children when they hit 6th grade or so and they swear like sailors because the novelty of using bad words for the sake of using bad words hasn't worn off yet.

SY pulls the same gig where the punchline is more or less "haha, dicks"

With that said, SY is more tolerable because they don't push the raunchiness beyond talking about it, it doesn't take itself remotely serious, and the characters are miles more likeable. Even with that, SY is tolerable for at most one full season, so I can't see myself sitting comfortably through Shimoneta.

Shimoneta is a fine example of a plot quickly whipped together for the sake of enabling whatever pandering they want to cater to.

The plot is designed around the elements they wanted to include, and not the other way around most things are conceived with devices to support the plot.

That reversal doesn't work well in most uses. You wouldn't usually criticize a comedy for plot, but the comedy is dull and they seem to actually be pushing the plot.

Normally this might be acceptable, but the jokes are flat out lazy, unfunny, and on par with slapstick.

Super low hanging fruit.

If that's what you want, then ok, but I would never recommend this as a comedy.

Error: 410

It doesn't matter too much with this one

I would avoid HS/CR for the lack of visual quality, and Katanagatari has looks down, so I would give that some priority.

Mazui is a solid sub group.

The Elysium 720p version is pretty well optimized for size to quality.

It sounds like something you expect from children when they hit 6th grade or so and they swear like sailors because the novelty of using bad words for the sake of using bad words hasn't worn off yet.

With that said, SY is more tolerable because they don't push the raunchiness beyond talking about it, it doesn't take itself remotely serious, and the characters are miles more likeable. Even with that, SY is tolerable for at most one full season, so I can't see myself sitting comfortably through Shimoneta.

Shimoneta is a fine example of a plot quickly whipped together for the sake of enabling whatever pandering they want to cater to.

The plot is designed around the elements they wanted to include, and not the other way around most things are conceived with devices to support the plot.

That reversal doesn't work well in most uses. You wouldn't usually criticize a comedy for plot, but the comedy is dull and they seem to actually be pushing the plot.

Normally this might be acceptable, but the jokes are flat out lazy, unfunny, and on par with slapstick.

Super low hanging fruit.

Hopefully Elysium is still distributing... Mazui is one of my trusted groups...

Shimoneta is my guilty pleasure... It's nice and light... good for white noise when dealing with the ongoing KanColle event...

It's also slightly satirical from my point of view since the show deals with extreme levels of political correctness and censorship...

Super low hanging fruit.

Ok I can see what you mean. I haven't seen SY so I wouldn't know. It's a fun to watch anime imo, same kind of slap stick humor you would find in the three stooges. Nothing elaborate just random stuff that will make you laugh (or not?).

Bakuman

That has already won and has a thread feel free to check it out http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/363590-heaven-society-week-44-bakuman/

Akame ga kill

That has already won and has a thread feel free to check it out http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/381298-heaven-society-week-48-akame-ga-kill/

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

That has already won and has a thread feel free to check it out http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/385897-heaven-society-week-49/

WataMote

That has already won and has a thread feel free to check it out http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/228957-heaven-society-week-20-watamote/

Damn! Sorry! Is there like a list of already recommended ones? Going through 45 pages "Ctrl+F"ing for an Anime isn't that awesome... :/

we have a spread sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK9o-vK4VxkvQz5Mtjpes3_VodvqmzQ4eez7mzqvTes/

There is nothing wrong with recommending things that have already been recommended I was just informing you we had a thread for it.

Love it when I manage to cross-post by accident.

Anyway, a couple of late-80s anime recommendations, since that's what this thread's for anyway:

City Hunter - about a hired gun/sweeper hired to clean the streets of a city, and a rather sprawling series at that. A good blend of fun stuff if you don't mind a longer action-based series that is episodic/mini-arc based, yet hasn't got much filler/tiresome repetition.

Patlabor - a mecha series for people who hate mecha series; it makes them feel more realistic and useful than you might expect, and it's really about the people and their jobs. Good films, good TV series, still holds up really well by today's standards.