Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

It has made it into 2 polls week 16 and 28 but has never won. It isn't a problem that you recommend it again as it makes it more likely to end up in a poll again for the random pick

i know, and any plans for a manga week?, i plan on recommending a few more mangas but not until i'm done with them just to be sure

P.S. is "mangas" or "manga" the plural form of manga?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

i know, and any plans for a manga week?, i plan on recommending a few more mangas but not until i'm done with them just to be sure

P.S. is "mangas" or "manga" the plural form of manga?

its manga as far as i know just like anime is the plural of anime

not sure i may try to sneak in a manga poll soon

Kaiba - Don't let the animation of Kaiba fool you into thinking it's a kids anime. The anime is set in a world were memories and bodies are bought and sold. The rich could chose their memories or the body they would like to be in. The Poor sell their body to the rich for money. Confused? Wait till you watch this anime... it's where the personalty and characteristics of a person is determined by the body and memories they have, good becomes bad and bad becomes good. This anime requires a lot of attention and is most definitely not for the faint of heart. You will need to watch all 12 episodes to understand what is going on in this Kafkaesque anime.

P.S. Not to be confused with Kiba (This was the reason I somehow missed this anime, as I had watched Kiba before  :o). 

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

I don't know if this has been recommended earlier anyways it's one of my top 5 favorite animes.

I recommend Detroit Metal City, MAL

It's a 12 episodes 13 min / ep music/comedy anime that is just hilarious. I watched it with a grin ear to ear the whole time, I have yet to watch a funnier anime!

Note that it's rated R-. 

Plot (from Wikipedia)

Soichi Negishi is a shy young musician who dreams of a career in pop. Dreams don't pay the bills, so he's ended up as the lead singer and guitarist of a blackened death metal band, "Detroit Metal City." In stage costume he is Johannes Krauser II, rumored to be a terrorist demon from hell, to have killed and raped his parents, to wield his giant death penis with abandon, and other menacing tales being said about him after each public performance. The songs of DMC often encourage the audience to engage in immoral and illegal behavior, such as rape or murder, or tell of Krauser's exploits with similar actions, in a parody of the genre.

Negishi despises DMC and all that it stands for, but he can't walk away as he has a talent to play the psychotic frontman of the band. Negishi is under his meager exterior a Rageaholic and also is very skilled in his guitar play. Further, he feels obligation to the rest of the band and his label and even if he manages to escape, he is invariably roped back in by the manager of the band's label. The Krauser persona also functions as an outlet to vent his frustration over his failing personal career, which has not advanced beyond him being a street musician. Playing his music in the street earns him nothing but the disapproval of bystanders over his cheesy pop songs.

Negishi is envious of the popularity DMC and his Krauser persona enjoy in contrast to the music he actually wants to play being ridiculed, which in turn leads to his Krauser persona coming out more often, which leads to Krauser's popularity growing. The series explores the futile attempts of Negishi to break this vicious circle, escape his DMC persona and become a successful pop musician.

Negishi/Krauser

tumblr_lrvvt20Zjh1qc9zfzo1_500.gif

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

• 3 weeks later...

Manga suggestion

Battle Angel Alita (Gunnm) - A Post-Apocalyptic/Sci-Fi/Action manga, following the life of Alita a cyborg girl in a debasted world full of evil, the themes of the story are very vast making it more interesting and less likely to get bored, the confusing thing is that this manga has currently 3 parts and the ending of the first one isn't canon because of the second part, but thats just for the better trust me.

Anime suggestion

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior - This anime has the same level of comedy as Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun but with a different taste, the story develops around the inhabitants of the Kawai Complex and their lives, following the protagonist which falls in love with one of the girls of the complex and his attempts to close the gap between them, it's a good anime to pass the time with lots of comedy and a heart warming romance.

Oooh haven't been here for ages so I just speed-checked this thread. Just wanted to make sure that Bakuman hasn't been suggested yet B)

I have a vague memory of writing about it to Main thread but anyways let's see what I can remember ;)

First of all. Before I struggle while trying to memorize my reactions etc I will tell you that this anime was one of the few non-action, fantasy, mainstream-ish I have watched.

Story about a young 14-year-old boy (Moritaka Mashiro) trying to become a mangaka ( A person who draws manga books and can live with those incomes)

didn't seem to be that interesting. 

With the help of his friend Akito Takagi they're going to team-up in order to become a well-known mangaka and story writer. 

Supporting characters don't have too much of depth in their personalities but I personally think that they are fluent enough so MC and his pal can progress as characters.

Instead of comparing it  to mainstream anime where MC is getting better and better in so little time this anime has really built more "realistic" way of doing it. Usually MC  ends up as super strong and every time there are countless of battles with stronger and stronger enemies. Okay, back to the subject so I would say that this includes some "slice-off life". It's a rocky road to become something  that one dreams to be.

and to add some "drama" ( May be an incorrect word so don't jump into conclusions!) or whatever it's called  don't know.  Moritaka Mashiro made a promise with Miho Azuki that they would get married after they achieve their dreams. Btw Miho Azuki's dream is to become a voice actress so guess what is going to happen.  . . :D  just watch it  :)

Ok, because I wrote so much cr*p I'm going to make this short.

Simple but well-built story which introduces to the world of manga and it doesn't just suddenly go to the forest/bushes (language barrier too op. Trying to pull some metaphor's here).

Mashiro and Takagi are honing their skills through the series and mature mentally but as I said this is a slice-off life where MC won't end up as the strongest 1# super selling mangaka who wrecks his opponents. That much I can guarantee :ph34r:

On top of those things it's nice to see some mentions about irl manga and anime such as the Legendary Dragon Ball series :D

Ashirogi.Muto.600.868016.jpg

I actually planned on suggesting this long time ago but I guess I forgot. . . :ph34r:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/7674/Bakuman

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Shokugeki no Soma

Sorry if my explaination is terrible I'm not good at explaining so here is my explaination, In my opinion it's a great anime, its quite funny, and has a good story. (remember this is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

• 2 weeks later...

Anime:

Code Geass - I like to think about it as a Death Note with mechas. It has a very smart protagonist who is a strategic and tactical genius, who gets a magical power and starts his glorious quest to topple an empire that controls a third of the world. The musical score is also very good. The national anthem of the "bad guys" always sends shivers down my spine. It is an all time favorite of mine that I rewatch yearly. (I could add more, but I really don't think I can without spoiling anything)

Valkyria Chronicles - In short, this is just like the game in 26 animated episodes (with minor differences), the history develops in 1935 at the heart of an european war, the plot is driven by the squad 7 and his leader telling how the war started, how the members of the squad got there, and follows the fights of this team to end the war. All while unveiling mysteries regarding the valkyrias and the saddening situation of the darcsens. The music is awesome, the battles are action packed (or not), there's good romance, drama when needed and a satisfactory ending. Just go watch it!.

I would like to second this. Valkyria Chronicles was amazing.

Movie(s):
Macross Frontier's Movies - instead of suggesting the anime, I would like to suggest we all watch the two "condensed" movies this serie has. It basically retells the story of the anime, with a few (good) changes to the plot and far superior animation.
1st: Macross Frontier: The False Songstress

2nd: Macross Frontier: The Wings of Goodbye

The story plays itself in the Macross universe, a few decades after the events of the first macross. The major events are (re)explained, so you don't have to watch the previous series to understand what is happening, the story is as a whole practically unrelated.

That concludes my 4 entries for the week. I looked through the history and as far as I'm aware these were not selected yet.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Manga suggestion

Battle Angel Alita (Gunnm) - A Post-Apocalyptic/Sci-Fi/Action manga, following the life of Alita a cyborg girl in a debasted world full of evil, the themes of the story are very vast making it more interesting and less likely to get bored, the confusing thing is that this manga has currently 3 parts and the ending of the first one isn't canon because of the second part, but thats just for the better trust me.

Anime suggestion

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior - This anime has the same level of comedy as Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun but with a different taste, the story develops around the inhabitants of the Kawai Complex and their lives, following the protagonist which falls in love with one of the girls of the complex and his attempts to close the gap between them, it's a good anime to pass the time with lots of comedy and a heart warming romance.

Damn i thought you were going to suggest the kawai complex manga and i was going to ask if it was any good :(

Oooh haven't been here for ages so I just speed-checked this thread. Just wanted to make sure that Bakuman hasn't been suggested yet B)

I have a vague memory of writing about it to Main thread but anyways let's see what I can remember ;)

not only has it been recommended it has also had its own thread already http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/363590-heaven-society-week-44-bakuman/

Damn i thought you were going to suggest the kawai complex manga and i was going to ask if it was any good :(

not only has it been recommended it has also had its own thread already http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/363590-heaven-society-week-44-bakuman/

That Kawai complex manga/anime is good... but will tease you to hell and back with its romcom setting of a tsun/dandere main heroine...

Damn i thought you were going to suggest the kawai complex manga and i was going to ask if it was any good :(  not only has it been recommended it has also had its own thread already http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/363590-heaven-society-week-44-bakuman/

I don't know if kawai complex manga is translated at least where the anime ended, i need to check that out

I think it has a lot in common with Mysterious Girlfriend X so i think you'll like it

That Kawai complex manga/anime is good... but will tease you to hell and back with its romcom setting of a tsun/dandere main heroine...

I don't know if kawai complex manga is translated at least where the anime ended, i need to check that out

I think it has a lot in common with Mysterious Girlfriend X so i think you'll like it

I have already watched and liked the anime so I assume I would like the manga lol it looks like all 6 volumes are on crunchyroll although I cant read them to check

I have already watched and liked the anime so I assume I would like the manga lol it looks like all 6 volumes are on crunchyroll although I cant read them to check

Lol ok

Really? I need to read them then

Lol ok

Really? I need to read them then

the wiki says "The manga is also published online in English by Crunchyroll" it is one of the few reasons i have thought about trying crunchyroll for the manga

• 2 weeks later...

A classic that everyone who claims to love anime should watch is  Inu Yasha . It's a fun fantasy , monsters , battle evil , style anime .

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

TIme for another DigitalHermit suggestion...

Hibike! Euphonium

72445l.jpg

Synopsis:

Oumae Kumiko, a girl with absolutely no ambition, decides to change herself now that she has started her high school life. After all, her junior high school life was forgettable as she calmly accepted the "dud-gold" with her brass band club — effectively failing to go beyond the regional selection. She doesn't want anything to do with another brass band club in her new school, let alone with the wind instrument 'Euphonium' that she used to play.

Now that she is in high school, she is pinning her hopes on having a slightly attractive bosom; perhaps even wearing her skirt a bit shorter will bring about the change she seeks.

Kumiko quickly becomes friends with Hazuki and Sapphire from her class. Strangely however, she finds herself checking out the brass band club with her new friends despite having no interest at all. To make matters worse, she identifies one of her brass band classmates from junior high in the clubroom — Kousaka Reina, a girl she had 'an incident' with at the regional brass band club competition. There's absolutely no way she can afford to join the brass band now!

(source: MAL)

Overview:

It's a light one focusing on character development... sort of... The animation is beautiful, but the story leaves a lot to viewer speculation... (may include implied yuri)

-snip-

See this one, it's great!

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

See this one, it's great!

Especially the parts when the bands play... they have the music almost perfected (including the parts where the characters mess up)...

Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a Dungeon? Fantasy anime placed on a city(medieval looking) that has a labrynth (more like mmorpg dungeon) with monsters inside. The ones that go into the dungeon are called adventurers, and the main chareter is looking to be the greatest adventurer, a Hero as he says. Nice story with very good action scenes (sao-like) make this anime very good to the ones that like that.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I'll just dump this here:

neregate.com-LQ-Fall-2015-Anime-Chart-v1

Personal Recommendations:

Hidan no Aria

Heavy Object

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai

Owarimonogatari

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

(my crap-ish taste is showing... no?)

Also
Lupin III and Young Black Jack (for those who love the older anime)

neregate.com-LQ-Fall-2015-Anime-Chart-v1

Personal Recommendations:

Hidan no Aria

Heavy Object

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai

Owarimonogatari

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

(my crap-ish taste is showing... no?)

Also

Lupin III and Young Black Jack (for those who love the older anime)

So many "Plot" anime coming...le sight

Can't believe Shinmai maou no testament is getting a 2nd season

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry seems like i'll like it.

Monster strike too if it has an OP mc and good action scenes.

I like how Gakusen Toshi Asterisk has like, almost every genre available LOL

Meh, not really excited about the upcoming season.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Can't believe Shinmai maou no testament is getting a 2nd season

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry seems like i'll like it.

Monster strike too if it has an OP mc and good action scenes.

I like how Gakusen Toshi Asterisk has like, almost every genre available LOL

Meh, not really excited about the upcoming season.

I'm just slightly hyped for what I listed above... I read the first volumes of their  respective VNs... just too busy to finish all the volumes that I have (not a small number)...

Any one else looking forward to watch K: Return of Kings?

Also I'll ask here before I go and make a new thread about it. 

I'm currently rebuilding an old pc case to have the motherboard io upwards and have the gpu mounted perpendicular with the side window, I was wondering what kind of pci-e 16x extender/riser I should buy. I have looked at amazon but the quality seems to vary quite a lot, do anyone have anything to recommend?

I would like it to be at least 30 cm long.

That's what she said

edit: wrong topic xD