Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

Hey guys, I haven't really written for a looong long time.. But anyways I'll start slowly by just popping up here and then I will probably start writing to main forum.

Anyways I would like to give my thanks to @BashZeStampeedo again because he had really cool idea about reviewing/introducing anime. ;)

First of all I don't really remember when was the last time I watched Akatsuki no Yona (eng. Yona of the Dawn) It was on-hold for some odd reason.. :lol: Not saying that it was "so bad" that I wanted to take a break from it or anything suggesting under good category. I resumed watching it like three days ago from 11 ep. and I completed it today.

Akatsuki no Yona has very "normal" genres, such as Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance and Shoujo. I am very familiar with these kinds of anime but Akatsuki no Yona is clearly not your typical adventure or romance anime. :D

So in a few words I will describe my experience: rousing story (not great but very good), beautiful colors and good animations, spectacular music!

I would pretty likely watch it again because I wouldn't be bored like in some anime :D  Meaning that even though I knew what is going to happen the momentum would still keep me very entertained. Also 24 episodes is compact and packs good story + action even though last episodes weren't too great.

Great impressions are: Main Character Yona growth :D This is very positive because we all want to see character growth also in the main character! Other main character (Yona bodyguard) Hak didn't have almost any character growth at all. But it's  good that at least couple of other main characters got also character growth which made the anime more entertaining. In Adventure and Action genre = Very Good - Great, Romance = Fine ( it isn't exactly a romance anime so... :ph34r: ),  Comedy = Every now and then it lightens the atmosphere but it won't make you burst with laugh (Like in Dragonball :D )

And then the last and very hard way to say things, the numbers...

Enjoyment = Great.

Story = Well build story but last episodes weren't that great > Good.

Music (openings, themes) = Good - Great.

Character = Good - Great

Art = Good, but beautiful scenery and colors + .

:D

IF you are interested please read Synopsis from below! ;)

Links:

MAL

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona

My MAL (I update it at least maybe couple times per week)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Taiphou

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

For you all old anime lovers out there.

Ushio to Tora

ANN

Its a typical good vs evil anime with youkai's and other supernatural element. A normal brat turned hero by wielding a spear called the Beast Spear which chips away at human souls for the wielders powers. What makes me interested about this is this anime gives off that 90's look and feel, old naruto perhaps old dbz feel, but its made in 2015. Old graphics with better techniques. I highly recommend this to Old Anime lovers. The comedy in this action is great too!

Jitsu wa watashi wa

ANN

Fills my gap for DxD. I havent read the manga yet but i will. About a guy who cant keeps secrets because of his reactions, one day he went to confess to a girl but turns out shes a vampire and tries to keep her secret so she wouldnt quit school. Another romance, harem, with supernatural element. Gives me that romantic comedy feel again.

Witch Craft Works

ANN

Witches! But not the pointy nose and green skins one, but instead pretty girls! What i love about this is what you guys may call "Character Development" and past life connection, I mostly love the 2nd Char that plays a bigger role than the MC in the early episodes and her cool attitude and OP powers. About a guy that holds a secret power inside so a powerful Witch Girl must protect him

Hozuki no Reitetsu

ANN

I just love supernatural or folklore animes. This is a depiction of Japanese Hell but there are other hell's too like Europe Hell and China Hell that may appear in this anime. Big chunk of comedy, enough to get you pumped up after a sad anime.

I have never suggested so many before

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Nana

MAL

It has a lot of romance and drama, but i wouldn't say it's just a romantic anime. It has everything, but the most important thing and what made me love it is the dialogue and the characters, they are unique, the voice acting, the personalities, reactions, everything is incredibly well done, it's a very realistic story but also has things that tells you it's not real, it's a weird feeling but a good one.

It's a mature anime; drugs, sex (no hentai), people on their early 20s looking for a job and studying, is not the typical romantic anime with girls with random colored hair and big fanservicey boobs, that's why it's so good. Also, not something minor, has very good music imo.

The story is amazing, how this two girls with opposite paths and goals end up bonding and supporting each other in good moments and bad ones (oh boy there's drama in this anime), it's just too good of a story to miss out.

Highly recommended.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Ayakashi and Mononoke.

Ayakashi consists of three different classic Japanese horror stories, and Mononoke continues the third (and most unique) one, Bake Neko. Really, it's Bake Neko and its continuation that are worth the price of admission here for most people. The part in Ayakashi is a bit of a rollercoaster, with a distinctive artstyle and excellent characters. Mononoke switches gears a bit to be more thought-provoking rather than horror, but it does so with good dialogue and class. If you wanted to see what a more adult-themed version of all those kiddie shows about ayakashi and exorcists would be like, this are a good pair of anime to reach for.

Mind linking to what you are talking to here? Im not sure if that is 2 different shows or what. As you may be able to notice I'm A little behind at updating the spreadsheet lol

Since you seem to view them as one thing I will put them on the list as mononoke and link to both in the summery

Sure, I guess that'd be fine. As I mentioned, the best part of Ayakashi is the part that's related to Mononoke anyway.

Sure, I guess that'd be fine. As I mentioned, the best part of Ayakashi is the part that's related to Mononoke anyway.

ya I didn't really see a good way to split what you wrote about them so I just combined them. Because I know who ever makes a poll that it may end up in will also be lazy I put the the forum hyper link code into your description linking to both.

• 1 month later...

Overlord

ANN

Hey guys. Do you have that Hole in you that just went empty when you finish Log Horizon and Sword Art Online? Fear no more! Overlord is here. An Anime about an Overlord with a scenario like SAO and LH but he stays neutral and this show is short with the intent to promote It's Light Novel so its up to you to dig another hole watching Overlord or filling it with temporary clay by reading the Light Novel to a way more step ahead of the Anime.

Prison School

ANN

School is already a prison yeah. Comedy with gore, whipping, cross-dressing, and maybe a bunch of girls who hate men so much they imprison them and force them to get expelled by torturing them. Theres really nothing much to explain here except just go watch it

so both log horizon and overload leaves a hole that you need to cover it yourself by reading their lght novel after that? if it ends like sao then it is fine tho sao seems very complete to me if any more story of kirito kicking ass in all different kind of game saving the day all over again and again i will be actually pissed at them milking it that much,.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

so both log horizon and overload leaves a hole that you need to cover it yourself by reading their lght novel after that? if it ends like sao then it is fine tho sao seems very complete to me if any more story of kirito kicking ass in all different kind of game saving the day all over again and again i will be actually pissed at them milking it that much,.

but SAO doesn't continue like that, yes he goes to a diferent world but not really a virtual reality world (saying more would be spoiling), and all the consequent volumes of the novel takes place in that world, that's why i say that's the best arc of SAO, if there's a season 3 of anime it will be that arc, and i hope they don't f**k it up.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

but SAO doesn't continue like that, yes he goes to a diferent world but not really a virtual reality world (saying more would be spoiling), and all the consequent volumes of the novel takes place in that world, that's why i say that's the best arc of SAO, if there's a season 3 of anime it will be that arc, and i hope they don't f**k it up.

hmmm I may be interested in it again if there is a 3rd season that doesnt suck and isnt just about video games

I'd like to drop a reccomendation for "Welcome to the NHK". Awesome anime which tackles hikikomoris(people who are unemplyed and stay at home and watch videos,play games, etc. and can't fit into society) and even other stuff like suicides and other struggles. It's really funny,educational and not too long(24 episodes). It's pretty old(2006) and sometimes doesn't have the greatest animation but it's definitely worth watching.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1210/NHK_ni_Youkoso!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

http://myanimelist.net/anime/22147/Amagi_Brilliant_Park

Fun little anime you can love the characters has a couple good moments that might make you laugh, story there really isn't one, pacing was quick.

But if you want a short little anime this isn't bad.

(Im bad at reviews or opinions)

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

• 2 weeks later...

Long running slice of Life recommendations:

(Copied some info from good reviews)

Natsume Yuujinchou (4 seasons)

Very rooted characters with a touch of comedy and sometimes a slight melancholy looming in the background.

This mix is probably the best way of describing Natsume. Which also makes it very unlike other anime's that normally air.

Aria The Animation (3 seasons)

The story is about Akari and her goal of becoming a gondolier in Neo Venice. It's all about friendship, growing up and pursuing your dreams.

Aria is probably *the* slice of life anime in existence. One of the most calming and relaxing anime's I've seen so far. It can really grow on you too.

Kemono no Souja Erin (50 episodes)

This anime follows the life of Erin that wants to become a "beastarian", beasts to be used in war. While its a story made for children (playing in the same fantasy land as Seirei no Moribito), Kemono no Souja Erin addresses adult topics at a mature level. The target audiences’ age is somewhat irrelevant, because the characters bloom, especially Erin. She’s a child character the viewer can admire and adore. Following her journey through childhood and into her teenage years, she comes to life as one of the most well developed characters I’ve come across.

Coupled with nicely fitting music and a special artstyle this anime is a real "hidden gem".

Mushishi (3 seasons)

We had that already.

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

• 2 weeks later...

Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars
My all time favorite. It's a science fiction anime playing in times of intergalactic warfare. Crest / Banner of the Stars is incredibly detailed. It includes everything you'd expect from a sci-fi saga: Space scenery and travel, space battles with many, huge ships and equally destructive weaponry, economy and politics. Even a whole language was invented by the authors. You follow two main characters: Lafiel leads the way on her war-filled path to becoming Empress of the Abh empire and Jinto openly admitting he just wants to be with Lafiel. The romance is progressing really slow between the two in return it feels genuine. It's probably best compared with SnW in that regard.

HIsQbTM.jpg

// programmers paradox

I'm gonna recommend Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18139/Tonari_no_Seki-kun

Its a great comedy with short episodes, each about 7:45 or so. Its a comedy that's funny rather than the slow paced kinda SoL type thing that I've seen in anime. Its about a girl in high school being distracted by "seki-kun" who is constantly doing weird thing on his desk from playing with transformers knock offs to eraser dominoes. The way he goofs off is very creative, I'd say.

Edit, needs gif.

b5acdc0e6a4a5f48374b6f8a836b2cc883e4c855

Old shit no one cares about but me.

• 3 weeks later...

Good comedy:

Gintama

It never gets boring, knows no taboo and plenty of action. Gintama takes a lot of stereotypical characters and puts them

in absurdly funny situations. This will make you LOL for real! I've never scene an anime that can revolve 20 minutes around
a hotpot but still be so amusing (ep 25). Gintama is mostly episodic with short to midlong arcs in between. It's perfect to watch
on and off.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume (The Invader Comes from the Sea)

Ika-chan the squid girl comes from the deep sea to invade all land. Well she didn't get very far.

Cute and hilarious.

Uchouten Kazoku (The Eccentric Family)
Uchouten Kazoku isn't purely comedy and quite ... different. Clever at times. Hard to explain what is going on

which probably makes this anime so appealing. Something about a fight between Tanuki families!? Doesn't

matter, it saved my summer season.

Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler)
Hayate is a really unlucky boy. His parents shove all depts onto him, he has to run from the Yakuza and ends up

as a combat butler for the wealthy spoiled tsundere Nagi. He's constantly fending of a cunning talking tiger

(only he understands), a geezer that wants to kick him out of the mansion and lots of different loving characters.

Inukami!
Comedy in this one revolves around perverts and fetishs. But in contrary to Amaenaide yo!! or Green Green it also has
a cute romance sidestory with the dog girl(s) that actually goes somewhere towards the end and makes it worthwhile to watch.

Still not enough?

Honorable mentions (I should write about sometime):

D-Frag!

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Tonagura!
Nagasarete Airantou
Kamisama Kazoku
FLCL

Mayo Chiki!
Akikan!
Great Teacher Onizuka
Barakamon
Ben-To
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Kyou no Go no Ni
Kyoukai no Rinne
Love Hina
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
Ranma ½
Re-Kan!

Already in the list by others:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Seto no Hanayome
School Rumble
Azumanga Daioh
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Working!!
Toradora!

// programmers paradox

So that's a pretty dang extensive list there.

@valdyrgramr Akira was wonderful (the manga especially!!).

Could you replace the links to streaming sites with corresponding ones to myanimelist, anidb or animenewsnetwork to make it easier for us please.

(In your first list).

// programmers paradox

• 5 weeks later...

Along the same lines that i suggested Kaiba last time, i'd like to suggest

Yuri kuma arashi. Less mind boggling but equally pleasant, or unpleasant 

depending on the viewer i suppose. 

Wonderful show, absolutely loved it, or came to love it eventually. It might

seem incomprehensibly stupid at first, but give it time to grow on you, the 

story progresses nicely, believe it or not. And keep in mind there is alot of

symbolism here.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/26165/Yuri_Kuma_Arashi

I want to submit this series: ERASED (Boku dake ga inai machi). It's from this season, so ongoing, but it just hooked me up in the first episode, and it just keeps getting better. It has a resemblance to Steins:Gate, so we can't go wrong there can we?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5249462

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/erased

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

5 hours ago, tobben said:

Along the same lines that i suggested Kaiba last time, i'd like to suggest

Yuri kuma arashi. Less mind boggling but equally pleasant, or unpleasant 

depending on the viewer i suppose. 

Wonderful show, absolutely loved it, or came to love it eventually. It might

seem incomprehensibly stupid at first, but give it time to grow on you, the 

story progresses nicely, believe it or not. And keep in mind there is alot of

symbolism here.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/26165/Yuri_Kuma_Arashi

@helping and I have discussed this before about Yuri Kuma Arahi

Anyone else think it would be nice to see korea start producing there own take on anime. they have alot of good manwha id like to see

51 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's the one with the guy who can predict murders and stuff right?  I think it would be better to watch when Season 1 is done since we have like a week to watch.

Would it be anime if it's not from Japan?  Anime means Japanese cartoon, so if it isn't Japanese then it isn't anime.  It would be a Korean cartoon, or a K-Toon.

It would be called Awhnime  ;D 
Anyways, to asnwer your question https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_animation
Just like Manga = Manwha 
Anime would be Aeni

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's the one with the guy who can predict murders and stuff right?  I think it would be better to watch when Season 1 is done since we have like a week to watch.

It wouldn't be the first time we start watching something ongoing. The "weekly" part of it is (supposedly) just that we pick 1 a week. There's no way that someone with a job can watch all of Fairy tail and sleep in a week.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link