Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

Here are some notes off the top of my head; hopefully they're not too inaccurate:

The Devil is a Part-Timer!, No Game No Life, Baccano, Bakemonogatari, and Problem Children have light novels, and the only one I know is further than the anime for sure is NGNL, though I think Devil's official translation might have crept past the anime.

I've downloaded the Problem Children LN, but didnt get to read them yet.

NGNL has / had LN up on BT, but you know Yen... However the translations were fairly lacking. I didn't mind because I'm a NGNL fan, but you might. Vol. 6 didnt feature Shiro and Sora.

It plays in the past with the race wars raging. A very interesting "dark" volume, kinda different than the rest (but still includes he usual bathing fanservice :rolleyes: )

Can be found here: http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php?topic=35012.0

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is a weird case with (I think) multiple LNs and manga, but since the anime disappointed me so much I haven't had the will to check any of them out.

I didn't watch the anime, but the manga is kinda ok, a lot of talking about economy though. I think this is similar to JSDF Gate. The anime just can't port the long talks and the violence / sexy time because of obvious reasons. On that note, I recommend JSDF Gate Manga. I just say warrior bunnies... B)

Mushi-shi's manga is long over, and the anime has mostly been a faithful adapation, if you include the series-ending film that I haven't seen yet. /inter/ can probably chime in, as I think he's seen it. I really enjoyed the manga and the anime on very similar, but vaguely different wavelengths. Hard to explain, so it's worth checking both out if you're a fan.

Mushishi Suzu is like a longer Mushishi episode, like we're used to. A little bit more interesting because of a more direct mushi <=> human communication

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU has a light novel, and I think /inter/ can give you more info on how it stacks up compared to the anime, but I recall him saying he liked it more.

Maybe I'm just to hard a Yahari fan (see NGNL). The LN is different because it got more of Hachimans cynical thoughts on things / inner monologues that I can relate to. The Kyoto arc reads like a travelguide though. The anime cut that down well. As of season 2, the LN translations on Kyakka are behind.

Gin no Saji has a manga that's past the anime, but I haven't read it yet so I can't give you much info on how the two compare.

I feel the manga just works better with this farm theme.

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

For the suggestions
I vouch for:
- Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars
- Love Hina
- School Rumble
- Outlaw Star
- Irresponsible Captain Tylor
- Tenchi Muyo Ryouki
- GTO

- Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto <= Watching this one now, hard to find subs to stream.

Some additions from 90s/00s:
- Vandread
- FLCL

Girigiri 00s ^^:
- Aa Megami Sama
- Juuni Kokuki
- Azumanga Daioh
- .hack//Sign (<= it aged badly though, but thats the one that started this game genre.)

// programmers paradox

Are you guys really just going to let @BashZeStampeedo and I pick all the possible choices for the upcoming Anime Classics week? Were looking at 90's or maybe early 00's anime.TheProfosist:Tenchi (all older variants Myo, Tokyo, Universe)You're Under ArrestOutlaw StarPatlaborLove HinaSchool RumbleBashZeStampeedo:Record of Lodoss WarSlayersEscaflowneGTOSerial Experiments LainIrresponsible Captain TylorBig OBanner of the StarsExcel SagaHaibane RenmeiHis and Her CircumstancesHellsing (the first anime)Neo RangaJin Roh

I like

Serial Experiments Lain

His and Her Circumstances

Love Hina (tho the manga Is better)

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I wana suggest Prison School anime and/or manga(both are great) you will laugh at this anime/manga so much, so many awkward moments it's one of the funniest out there!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

K I'm new to this so I hope I'm doing it right xD

I wanna suggest Arcana Famiglia and Amnesia. They are the first two anime I've ever seen. Not really sure how popular they were so idk if most of the people here have already seen them or if these anime will be new for everyone.

Amnesia is about a girl who lost her memory (bet you couldn't have figured that one out). She is trying to remember who she was but keeps dying then getting revived in alternate dimensions where the people she just got to know are slightly different. It sounds weird but I'm not sure how much information I can give out without spoiling some of the plot. I just remember it being VERY confusing xD

Arcana Famiglia is an Italian anime about a group of vigilantes on an island called Regalo. The leader is going to retire so he tells everyone that there will be a fighting tournament to decide who gets to be the next leader. Who ever wins also gets to take his daughter Felicita's hand in marriage. However, she didn't exactly agree with that which is what most of the story is about.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

K I'm new to this so I hope I'm doing it right xD

I wanna suggest Arcana Famiglia and Amnesia. They are the first two anime I've ever seen. Not really sure how popular they were so idk if most of the people here have already seen them or if these anime will be new for everyone.

Amnesia is about a girl who lost her memory (bet you couldn't have figured that one out). She is trying to remember who she was but keeps dying then getting revived in alternate dimensions where the people she just got to know are slightly different. It sounds weird but I'm not sure how much information I can give out without spoiling some of the plot. I just remember it being VERY confusing xD

Arcana Famiglia is an Italian anime about a group of vigilantes on an island called Regalo. The leader is going to retire so he tells everyone that there will be a fighting tournament to decide who gets to be the next leader. Who ever wins also gets to take his daughter Felicita's hand in marriage. However, she didn't exactly agree with that which is what most of the story is about.

I really expected you to be recommending railgun when I clicked on this lol.

I really expected you to be recommending railgun when I clicked on this lol.

LOL completely forgot about that xD

Ok, I really really recommend A Certain Scientific Railgun/Magical Index/Accelerator because those 3 anime were great xD

I haven't seen Accelerator yet but Railgun was my favorite as indicated by my username lol

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

I like

Serial Experiments Lain

His and Her Circumstances

Love Hina (tho the manga Is better)

But the manga doesnt have the OP...

"slap"

Play it while you read it, you dont need your ears to read a manga!

what do i do about the voices inside my head them. They want to be heard!

LOL completely forgot about that xD

Ok, I really really recommend A Certain Scientific Railgun/Magical Index/Accelerator because those 3 anime were great xD

I haven't seen Accelerator yet but Railgun was my favorite as indicated by my username lol

Wait what do u mean 3 anime.

Isn't just To aru majutsu no index and To aru kagaku no railgun?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Wait what do u mean 3 anime.

Isn't just To aru majutsu no index and To aru kagaku no railgun?

Pretty sure there is also one about Accelerator

seems there is a manga for accelerator but doesnt look like an anime yet

All in due time. They still have to milk that franchise until there ain't no milk left (and then some).

Hey do you guys know where I can watch the Cowboy Bebop movie? I wanna see it since just finished the series

;-;

But the manga doesnt have the OP...

The anime doesn't have the end of the story ;)

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

The anime doesn't have the end of the story ;)

yea they just taunt you with OVA after OVA

seems there is a manga for accelerator but doesnt look like an anime yet

http://myanimelist.net/manga/57989/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Accelerator

Thats awesome. I had no idea, accelerator is awesome and i always wanted to know his story.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Thats awesome. I had no idea, accelerator is awesome and i always wanted to know his story.

Its sloppily drawn though.

// programmers paradox

So im going to make the poll for ANime Classics week and whittle it down to 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Overlord

ANN

Hey guys. Do you have that Hole in you that just went empty when you finish Log Horizon and Sword Art Online? Fear no more! Overlord is here. An Anime about an Overlord with a scenario like SAO and LH but he stays neutral and this show is short with the intent to promote It's Light Novel so its up to you to dig another hole watching Overlord or filling it with temporary clay by reading the Light Novel to a way more step ahead of the Anime.

Prison School

ANN

School is already a prison yeah. Comedy with gore, whipping, cross-dressing, and maybe a bunch of girls who hate men so much they imprison them and force them to get expelled by torturing them. Theres really nothing much to explain here except just go watch it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Alright I have a suggestion

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist

Hear me out, there are quite a lot of dirty jokes, but what makes this anime great is just how interesting it is to see kids not knowing all the things that we take for granted.

The main protagonists are "dirty joke terrorists" by the name of SOX. The organization grows through the episodes.

It's actually a really great anime, the season is over but a season 2 is apparently planned

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm