Intel Core i7 4790K & Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Where to buy links for Core i7 4790K

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1sp1GRb

Amazon: http://georiot.co/48zK

Where to buy links for Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1uhrsat

Amazon: http://georiot.co/dY4

TWO overclocking beasts today! The Core i7 4790K and Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition!

Yes, finally, the video!

edit

Great video!

Seeing as I want a more consistent overclocking experience, I do want to upgrade to the Devil's Canyon CPU. :lol: And definitely was surprised by the Pentium G3258. Now I know what to put in a cheap build with a kick! :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Woo! Finally!

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I need all the oc CPUs in and around my face immediately. Balls. I have no money

Welp, now I know what I'm going to get the next time I build someone a budget PC for gaming/everyday tasks (Pentium G3258)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Great video!

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

time to buy juan

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I need to overclock my i5 this summer or i will look like a fool!

Can't wait for that overclocking guide that you mentioned. I hope you will use a MSI motherboard because it is so much more complex and confusing than ROG boards. I never really got to a satisfying overclock because all the options are just confusing! :P

who cares...

In regards to the sponsor (Ting), I did that calculator thingy aaaaaand, I wouldn't be saving anything.

This is ABOUT how much I use every month, about, so I just kept the same variables in each.

9Jb4Z.png

And the results...

9Jb7l.png

(And I even keep my phone connected on WiFi whenever I can...)

Just something funny that I thought I would share. Not saying saying people shouldn't go look at Ting and whatnot. I do really love how you can pick and choose your minutes, messages, data, etc., whereas just about any other carrier you cannot. So that there is a plus, although IMO T-Mobile would be a better deal...and their network is a bit better than Sprint's...especially their LTE network (speed wise, dunno about coverage wise...)

As a side note, paying $30 for a T-Mobile plan that gives me 100 minutes, unlimited texting, and 5GB of 4G/LTE data with unlimited 2G speeds after that (so technically unlimited data).

COMIC SANS

Hey Linus at 6:42 you say overclocking boards from the green team, which is Nvidia. AMD is red team.

but how does the devil compare to the eg. 4770k or other cpu's it might be replacing/competing with

The pentium looks nice tho.

Might get one for my brothers cheap gaming build and oc the crap out of it.

Hey Linus at 6:42 you say overclocking boards from the green team, which is Nvidia. AMD is red team.

Its a mistake Linus has made in the past. It kills me a little every time he says it.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

So how does the Pentium stack up against the 6300? I'd imagine the 6300 would win in cpu-bound games.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I commented on the youtube vid but I'll put this here since the youtube comment will sink into the depths of the internets before we know it.

"I've been using ting for my wife an I and it has been amazing. It saves us $50 a month. The only downside is we needed to buy sprint phones to jump aboard, but the plan has long since made up for that investment."

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

worth upgrading from a 4770K? It sounds like the overclocking ability of this chip is better, but since I got a very good 4770K I wonder how much of a difference it will really make. I'd love to get 5GHz without having to turn off HP.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

So how does the Pentium stack up against the 6300? I'd imagine the 6300 would win in cpu-bound games.

If what people say is true, this performs almost equally, if not better, to the 6300 in anything that doesn't benefit from a ton of cores (encoding, certain games). I've not seen direct proof myself but I'm willing to give it the benefit of doubt that this is worth picking up over an FX-6300 in 9 out of 10 scenarios. The cost difference just doesn't make the 6300 appealing anymore, and it's been steadily going up in price for the past 4 months anyway.

Edit:

To kind of elaborate on the performance differences, I was told that clock-for-clock, the 4670k will operate at roughly twice the performance of an FX-6300. This G3258 has half as many cores as a 4670k, therefore it's roughly half as fast and it can still overclock to almost any attainable FX-6300 speed on the vast majority of chips and coolers. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll match the FX-6300 in everything but in gaming, I don't think it'd be much difference. The thing that the G3258 might be faster than the FX-6300 in is singlethreaded processing. The 6300 has a much lower singlethreaded rating in benchmarks than the G3258, which is common compared to most Intel chips anyway.

This is your new budget CPU unless you are on an ultra-low budget, which I recommend you go for an Athlon X4 740/760k (760k if you plan on OCing a bit). You can find really cheap FM2/FM2+ motherboards and, assuming the H97 rumors are just rumors, you'd be spending something like $80-$90 on a board for the G3258.

Linus, you mentioned that the 4790K features a 100MHz clock speed improvement over the 4770K but it doesn't. Intel have pushed the base clock up to 4GHz and the boost clock up to 4.4GHz, which is a 500MHz boost! It's this guaranteed out-of-the-box performance that is one of the big selling points of Devil's Canyon, alongside the use of a new thermal interface etc.

You were a noob once too!

Definitely going 4790K for my first PC.

Would like to see the future guide show some results at reasonable voltage levels.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I want the Pentium sooooo bad.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

In regards to the sponsor (Ting), I did that calculator thingy aaaaaand, I wouldn't be saving anything.

I've looked at Ting in the past and I'm also a 2%. I think that basically it comes down to: if you're a "heavy" (3+ GB) data user, Ting is probably either barely cheaper or more expensive. Last time I priced Ting for my family (3 phones) it would have been slightly cheaper than my Sprint plan... until you consider the cost of upgrading all 3 phones every 2 years to the newest flagship. If you're a lighter user though I would definitely suggest giving them a try, I've heard they have crazy awesome support (though I've honestly been very happy with Sprint's support personally so *shrug*) and have some very dedicated fans.