What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

"overpriced overpriced overpriced". Do you even know what u are talking about or are u just jumping on a hate train? Look at the phones, it's priced the same as the Samsung/Pixel and other flagships from mainstream brands.

On the laptop/notebook side of things? Yeah they are expensive but they are much better optimized than Windows(look at MKBHD who uses a mac just because at a fraction of the specs he can edit videos 10 times faster), they are also very slim and slick, maybe one of the better build laptops with great screen,touchpad and speakers. Also if you look in the ultrabook category, the XPS 15 or other products are just as expensive.

I do not own any Apple products and for a while (before I knew anything about tech) I hated them as well but I do not think they deserve the hate they get for every single thing they implement. This being said, I am not a fanboy whatsoever but I do not like hate trains and a lot of people who hate Apple have no ideea what they are talking about. Also, I do not agree with everything they do and I do think that some of their products are a bit overpriced(apple watch is actually very overpriced).

P.S. I kinda agree with Apple for the technological upgrade they are generating, for example even though they did not invent usb type C we would still have the old connector on every device, even phones. They also represent a HUGE player in the smartphone market and with the competition from them, all the other brands have to come up with better and better products at a lower cost to be at the same playfield with Apple. Also, they took part in developing other technologies like thunderbolt and when people say that they are always behind with what everyone else does, that is kinda true because, from what I've seen, they only implement a technology in their products after it's mature enough to work as intended (eg. fingerpring ID was trash at the beggining, faceID was also bad and no one used it(Samsung tried iris scan which was a total fail) and now we see companies like OnePlus taking that path). They are not customer friendly, the customization allowed by them is close to 0 and they never heard of open-source BUT we have to give credit where it's due and not just hate for the sake of hating, if their customers would't line up for days for a phone launch I bet the Apple hate community would be half the size.

I hate that Apple promotes a lifestyle, and focus more on marketing than on a good experience (not saying its BAD, but just like Razer or Beats, you are paying for something more than the product, sometime even 50% of the total price)

I hate that people think they need/should get apple products when they dont, and that happens A LOT. Mostly on the US, but here in Brazil too (and Apple here is ABSURDLY expensive, the new Iphone X is ~6 MINIMUM WAGES). 

That being said, I dont HATE Apple, but what it represents (if ppl werent tech ignorant, most wouldnt buy Apple products - only the ones who truly need/want it). And yes, most of Apple's consumers are ignorant - they are getting apple products because they blindly believe its "the best option" because they see them in movies and on the media and dont understand that for their usecase a 200$ or less smartphone would be ideal, or a notebook would be just as good as a macbook if the user didnt FUCK IT UP (and them blame it on the notebook).

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

1 minute ago, SandalsWarrior said:

"overpriced overpriced overpriced". Do you even know what u are talking about or are u just jumping on a hate train? Look at the phones, it's priced the same as the Samsung/Pixel and other flagships from mainstream brands.

We at least Android options like the One plus 5t which is half the X in price but is debatly better and others 

3 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

Also if you look in the ultrabook category, the XPS 15 or other products are just as expensive.

Dell XPS 15 15.6 inch Laptop Notebook - 8GB - 500GB - Windows 10 HomeDell XPS 15 15.6 inch Laptop Notebook - 8GB - 500GB - Windows 10 Home

you can get them cheaper if you

4 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

Yeah they are expensive but they are much better optimized than Windows(look at MKBHD who uses a mac just because at a fraction of the specs he can edit videos 10 times faster

First of all knowing how to edit cuts time not your OS and if you use PR on Windows 10 and OSX it would be around the margin of error, and better optimized is something so general examples.

6 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

lot of people who hate Apple have no ideea what they are talking about.

Most people how suck apples dick also have no Idea what they are saying either thinking the More expensive mac dual core is better then Mac with 4 core. Atleast mot people how attack apple have some knowledge of the tech space

10 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

all the other brands have to come up with better and better products at a lower cost to be at the same playfield with Apple.

Apple is been stealing designs form Samsung and vice versa, and many brands do what apple can better like hell Apple can't even make oled panels without breaking Samsungs or LG's copyright.

sorry if this seemed to be a personal attack, just wanted to say a few points I disagree on :P

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

In a word, Arrogance:

- https://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/no-recall-for-you-apple-quells-antennagate-with-free-cases/
 - http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/18/technology/apple-repair-touch-disease-problem/index.html
 - http://news.softpedia.com/news/apple-no-plans-for-iphone-6-recall-due-to-defective-batteries-512001.shtml
 - http://bgr.com/2017/04/13/macbook-pro-2016-popping-sound-issue/
 - https://9to5mac.com/2015/04/30/apple-watch-no-recall/
 - https://wccftech.com/iphone-8-swollen-batteries/

- https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/12838024/apple-iphone-7-plus-headphone-jack-removal-courage
 - https://www.clearpathit.com/apples-lack-of-innovation-leads-to-falling-behind-in-the-smartphone-market
 - https://gizmodo.com/why-are-apple-and-microsoft-using-such-old-processors-i-1788302547

Apple can do what they want, because consumers pay for Apple to do it. Then, when a trash product is released, we (the consumers) all act surprised that it made it to the shelves. So, I don't hate Apple. I don't even dislike Apple (heck - I own 2 MacBooks for crying out-loud). I dislike the fact that people give Apple the means to repetitively release trash as expensive products. When people finally decide that they won't accept sub-par products any longer, Apple will become a better company and technological competitor again. So no, I don't hate Apple. I dislike the compulsive nature of the consumers that empower them.

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

We at least Android options like the One plus 5t which is half the X in price but is debatly better and others 

Dell XPS 15 15.6 inch Laptop Notebook - 8GB - 500GB - Windows 10 HomeDell XPS 15 15.6 inch Laptop Notebook - 8GB - 500GB - Windows 10 Home

you can get them cheaper if you

First of all knowing how to edit cuts time not your OS and if you use PR on Windows 10 and OSX it would be around the margin of error, and better optimized is something so general examples.

Most people how suck apples dick also have no Idea what they are saying either thinking the More expensive mac dual core is better then Mac with 4 core. Atleast mot people how attack apple have some knowledge of the tech space

Apple is been stealing designs form Samsung and vice versa, and many brands do what apple can better like hell Apple can't even make oled panels without breaking Samsungs or LG's copyright.

sorry if this seemed to be a personal attack, just wanted to say a few points I disagree on :P

Did not seem like a personal attack and also I'm not an easy offended guy, no ofense taken bro ?, have to point out some things though:

1. I specifically said "mainstream" because I know there are solutions from companies like OnePlus/Huawei(even though they are getting pretty big now) or Motorola, but I meant to compare it with Samsung/Google/Lg. Also, my favourite phone, by far, is OnePlus 5T if that matters.

2. Talking about launch price

3. I know it's not the OS but I can't remember that Apple software that Marques uses(oh yeah, FinalCut). The thing is that I used a mac for a month or so and I did not notice the stutter/bluescreen issues that you may find on windows, and the apps also launch faster.

4. Totally agree

5. Agree with the stolen design, but at the oled part there's a reason why Samsung and Lg are the only oled producers, that's because they started in the display industry and most of their income comes from that, that's where they spend a lot of their R&D money so there's nothing for Apple or other companies to do there. 

They don't really hate Apple (even if they don't realize it).  They hate fanboys who insist everything Apple makes is revolutionary.  All fanboys are equally annoying, but there are more Apple fanboys than any other company.  I'm sure you've seen the meme it inspired, but Futurama did an episode parodying them:

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, SandalsWarrior said:

led part there's a reason why Samsung and Lg are the only oled producers

Yeah but they have a monopoly on Oled Samsung has like 90 percent of its market, and all potential patents for oled are pretty much taken by those too and now if you want oled you have to go through those two particularly Samsung because the problems that LG have been having with things like burn in and color accuracy 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Some have legitimate grievances from personal experience with Apple, whether it be their products, service, management, etc.

Most people who hate Apple don't have any real reason, they are just sheep following a pathetic trend. These people will often promote their righteous belief based on the same things I listed previously but with no real experience to cause the grievance.

This is generally true when you see large groups hate some random company like those that "hate" Apple. If it's earned, fair enough, if it's not then why do they care so much?

I don't hate apple, they have some good stuff, but I don't feel like paying inflated prices. Their products are status symbols and you pay a hefty premium because of this. 

Computer wise, a lot of their lines are infrequently updated thus spend long periods being outdated. Again, there is a hefty price premium to pay compared to PC products.

Having said that, I brought an old second hand iPhone for $50 and it has done the job for a number of years.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

2 hours ago, Rain7 said:

Damn, 6 pages in and the doctor isn't here yet? It's a Christmas miracle! I'll put my money on page 8.

he's currently responding to everyone using multi quote. i expect a wall of text at some point

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Or it was a special sale price....Even special in store prices are usually listed. 

Well, the Huawei only had 4gb of internal storage, so I'm assuming you're comparing microSD transfer speeds to the iPhone 5 internal storage transfer speeds, in which case the iPhone 5's NAND should be FAR superior to the junk NAND found in microSD cards.

Idc what it was its cheaper. My point stands, that is why me and actually 3 other people did not buy the MBP 13 inch last week. 

Instead left with 2 XPS 13s and 2 SP4s 

Apple is the embodiment of preying on the ignorant.

They make kinda pretty things and have pushed the image of a status symbol, all to sell you overpriced hardware that is not meant to last or be upgraded.  Their OS's are a travesty of childlike simplicity that encourages people to understand less about computers and technology, not more.  iOS should be the go-to for tech-illiterate grandparents only.

4 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

Idc what it was its cheaper. My point stands, that is why me and actually 3 other people did not buy the MBP 13 inch last week. 

Instead left with 2 XPS 13s and 2 SP4s 

It was cheaper at the time due to a sale -- that can certainly affect ones buying decisions, but that still doesn't make the Mac overpriced. 

27 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

Apple is the embodiment of preying on the ignorant.

*Cough* You might want to look "marketing" up in the dictionary. *cough*

to sell you overpriced hardware that is not meant to last or be upgraded.

Remind me again how iPhones get support for five years (the iPhone 5 being the exception at four years) while Android phones are lucky to get two years worth of support? You're also free to tell that to my last Mac that lasted seven years and my current Mac that's over four years old with no need for a replacement in sight. 

Their OS's are a travesty of childlike simplicity that encourages people to understand less about computers and technology, not more.

The computer is supposed to work for you; you're not supposed to work for it. Anything it can do to make things simpler is a GOOD thing, not a bad one. And aside from worse gaming support and fewer programs (but still enough to satisfy many/most use cases), there's nothing I can't do on my Mac; in fact, I can do more on my Mac since a lot of Linux tools work on MacOS, which is great for software development. 

iOS should be the go-to for tech-illiterate grandparents only.

Or for anyone who wants a smooth experience, with timely updates, and support for many years. iOS isn't all that much different than Android at this point -- the biggest difference is less customizability. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Remind me again how iPhones get support for five years (the iPhone 5 being the exception at four years) while Android phones are lucky to get two years worth of support? You're also free to tell that to my last Mac that lasted seven years and my current Mac that's over four years old with no need for a replacement in sight. 

There are plenty of people I know with the 6 and 6s and the battery is trashed, lag is next to unbearable (some taking 2-3 sec before even the keyboard comes up after hitting a text box), touch/response issues.  I am sorry but the phones are barely lasting 2 years let alone 5. I thought apple had good hardware but the amount of problems I see with them change my mind in the past year. 

9 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

There are plenty of people I know with the 6 and 6s and the battery is trashed, lag is next to unbearable (some taking 2-3 sec before even the keyboard comes up after hitting a text box), touch/response issues.  I am sorry but the phones are barely lasting 2 years let alone 5. I thought apple had good hardware but the amount of problems I see with them change my mind in the past year. 

My old 5s is still working fine as was my 6s plus, them again I also tend to not treat me things like garbage, so maybe that's the reason I can think of multiple 6/6s that are still going strong. So I'm not really sure what they managed to do with their phones. Battery life is something else, that will naturally deteriorating over time with use and there's really nothing that can be done about that.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

My old 5s is still working fine as was my 6s plus, them again I also tend to not treat me things like garbage, so maybe that's the reason I can think of multiple 6/6s that are still going strong. So I'm not really sure what they managed to do with their phones. Battery life is something else, that will naturally deteriorating over time with use and there's really nothing that can be done about that.

I had a 5s for worth that I got swapped for a new SE last month. The 5s was worthless and next to unusable. I take care of my phones also but most people are not like us and drop, throw, toss, spill on, submerge...etc...their phone. The stuff I mentioned seems to be software related. As for battery, I know its going to lose capacity, but no fucking way will the phones last 5 years. Cool marketing but most are lucky to make 2. At least android is more realistic about it. 

8 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I had a 5s for worth that I got swapped for a new SE last month. The 5s was worthless and next to unusable. I take care of my phones also but most people are not like us and drop, throw, toss, spill on, submerge...etc...their phone. The stuff I mentioned seems to be software related. As for battery, I know its going to lose capacity, but no fucking way will the phones last 5 years. Cool marketing but most are lucky to make 2. At least android is more realistic about it. 

For some users, but if the smaller bodied X didn't come out I would've kept my 6s plus as it was still running perfectly and the battery life was still pretty good.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't hate apple. I accept them as a company but I'm still not a big fan of most of their products.

iPhones: Of course there are advantages of iPhones. But I prefer the more open nature of android and having many different manufacturers who offer android devices is great. And personally I don't like the design of the iPhone X. And in addition to that I don't like the gestures.

MB: They aren't bad devices but I'm using Windows on my main PC and I don't want to use two different OS. I really do like Windows 10 and compared to OSX I can use it on basically any Laptop/PC.

18 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You're also free to tell that to my last Mac that lasted seven years and my current Mac that's over four years old with no need for a replacement in sight. 

You're fine using a 7/4 year old Mac but that's not because of apple. It is because you are still satisfied with the performance you get with the CPU and GPU by Intel, AMD or Nvidia. An 4/7 year old windows PC with the same hardware would have the same result. The only thing you have to upgrade on both is the OS. But the software support for iPhones is a good argument for apple.

I still wouldn't buy apple products because I prefer Windows/Android and there is a wide range of different companies producing devices with these OS. But I don't hate apple products. If they are the best choice for what you're doing, then go ahead and buy an iPhone or Mac.

BUT don't just buy these products because they are made by apple. Don't tell other people lies about why your apple product is "better in everything" because it's not. And the most important thing is: Don't hate other people for their choices. Sentences like "of course you laptop doesn't work, it's not a MacBook" shouldn't exist because that's just unjustified hate. In addition to that some people don't realise that they can't compare for example a 650$ 17 inch asus laptop to a 1200$ MCP. When talking about phones your choice isn't that important since both OS deliver similar features and you can buy the one you prefer.

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

23 minutes ago, GrayTech said:

You're fine using a 7/4 year old Mac but that's not because of apple. It is because you are still satisfied with the performance you get with the CPU and GPU by Intel, AMD or Nvidia. An 4/7 year old windows PC with the same hardware would have the same result. The only thing you have to upgrade on both is the OS.

My point was directed at the comment of "they don't last", which is not true -- if they don't last, it's because Intel/AMD released something newer/faster, not because Macs are designed/built poorly. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

20 hours ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Why? I don't understand? someone explain? is the only thing you hate is the lack of customization? or that they do things that you don't approve of?

It is the biggest scam ever. a 500 computer for 2k. the processing power of a potatoe

Antipixel  -  First build 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wVmqqs

1 minute ago, Flameytail said:

It is the biggest scam ever. a 500 computer for 2k. the processing power of a potatoe

Hasn't been like that since the release of 4th gen MBP, and their AiO prices are reasonably competitive. The Mac Pro might be heavily limited in the upgrades department, but it's one of the better price/performance workstations that doesn't skimp of component quality.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Hasn't been like that since the release of 4th gen MBP, and their AiO prices are reasonably competitive. The Mac Pro might be heavily limited in the upgrades department, but it's one of the better price/performance workstations that doesn't skimp of component quality.

yea but still i am building a 1.4k computer (in signature) that is much much much better than any 2k computer apple is making. 

Antipixel  -  First build 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wVmqqs

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The Mac Pro isn't a particularly good value for the money at this point due to running Ivy bridge Xeons and 280~ level Fire Pros, it's only good in the sense that there isn't really any ultra compact alternatives that's as good (at least last I checked).

3 minutes ago, Flameytail said:

yea but still i am building a 1.4k computer (in signature) that is much much much better than any 2k computer apple is making. 

That applies to any prebuilt. You can't compare the price of building a computer yourself to the price that a company like Apple/Dell/HP/Lenovo/etc... will charge as you will ALWAYS win by significant margins. Plus, your computer isn't in a form factor even remotely close to that of any Apple computer.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler