What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
Just now, RorzNZ said:

It makes sense to buy Apple products in a business sense really because they still have high resale prices. I don't think I see any other products have this high resale.

That's probably mostly due to branding tbh. People are willing to pay a premium for something with the Apple logo on it regardless of quality, look at the iPhone X for example: basically the only real difference is the emoji stuff they released and the lack of I/O other than the charging port.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I still think its neat that I am running a modern Pascal Nvidia GPU in my 8 year old Mac Pro. 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That's probably mostly due to branding tbh. People are willing to pay a premium for something with the Apple logo on it regardless of quality, look at the iPhone X for example: basically the only real difference is the emoji stuff they released and the lack of I/O other than the charging port.

I really don't have a problem with one port. Its a phone thats meant to be a phone. Although I do have a problem with animojis and passing them off as an innovation or a big feature. I don't look for special emoji stuff when looking for a phone haha. I'm not a big fan of the iPhone X. My dad is planning to get one so I guess I will try it out for myself.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

I really don't have a problem with one port. Its a phone thats meant to be a phone. Although I do have a problem with animojis and passing them off as an innovation or a big feature. I don't look for special emoji stuff when looking for a phone haha. I'm not a big fan of the iPhone X. My dad is planning to get one so I guess I will try it out for myself.

I need my wired headphones so a 3.5mm jack is a must for me, which is one of the main reasons I steered away from Apple quickly, the other(as mentioned earlier in this thread) is storage.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

20 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You've got a point there, took me a few minutes to come up with something to "counter" that with.

:) 

I wouldn't generalize like that personally, if everyone hated on Apple their customer base wouldn't be as large as it is.

I was generalizing to avoid semantics but yes your correct. 

Why wouldn't we hate on something that's stupid or ignorant in a business sense? Sure, Apple's started multiple trends over the years, such as killing off I/O on their devices, but for the average user that doesn't want to carry a bunch of dongles around with them or even listen to music or watch a video with their wired headphones while charging their phone, it makes sense that they wouldn't like it IMO.

The only thing I can think of for Apples way of killing off i/o is this;

Image result for standards comic

but I get it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I need my wired headphones so a 3.5mm jack is a must for me, which is one of the main reasons I steered away from Apple quickly, the other(as mentioned earlier in this thread) is storage.

Apple seems to get a lot of flac for this but the adaptor isn't that big of a burden, but if you are happy with your phone then its cool. Kind of a big annoyance when you lose it though. If I didn't get an iPhone 7 (got sick of paying the massive price tag due to my poor handling of my iPhone 6 - better glass in the 7) the 6 and 6s are more than useable. I think they have got it down to an option for wired headphones rather than a basic tool. Both ups and downs I suppose but through my experience it felt pretty neutral.

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The real difference is the form factor. If they didn't make it smaller with the bigger screen then I would've just kept my 6s+. Sure, the better camera, screen, speakers, cpu, and memory are all nice, but it really was just because of the physical size. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

The bad thing with animojis is that it actually works if you cover the depth sensors -- so it only uses the camera and so it could work just fine on the 8/8+. I honestly don't understand what the fuck they were thinking with animojis and making it to be anything more than the messages effects -- it's something that's "cool", for about five seconds....but that's about it. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Apple seems to get a lot of flac for this but the adaptor isn't that big of a burden, but if you are happy with your phone then its cool. Kind of a big annoyance when you lose it though. If I didn't get an iPhone 7 (got sick of paying the massive price tag due to my poor handling of my iPhone 6 - better glass in the 7) the 6 and 6s are more than useable. I think they have got it down to an option for wired headphones rather than a basic tool. Both ups and downs I suppose but through my experience it felt pretty neutral.

That's the thing, most people have at most one pair of headphones that they use for their phone, so they can just leave the adapter on permanently and the only real deficit is the inability to charge and listen to music at the same time, but that's not a problem for most people the vast majority of the time. Sure, it obviously is problematic for some people, but for most people the lack of a headphone jack really isn't a big deal. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@djdwosk97 There is an alternative lighting cable you can purchase to charge and listen at the same time. Its like 8.99 NZD on TradeMe (eBay equivalent) and probably similar elsewhere. I haven't had a need personally as Apple has really ramped up its battery life. Just a bit of trivia. Then again I think this thread is a bit offtopic anyway.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

@djdwosk97 There is an alternative lighting cable you can purchase to charge and listen at the same time. Its like 8.99 NZD on TradeMe (eBay equivalent) and probably similar elsewhere. I haven't had a need personally as Apple has really ramped up its battery life. Just a bit of trivia. Then again I think this thread is a bit offtopic anyway.

Yeah, there's a solution for those odd times when you might need to do both, but it's not exactly an ideal solution for the niche user who needs to do it constantly. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Yeah, there's a solution for those odd times when you might need to do both, but it's not exactly an ideal solution for the niche user who needs to do it constantly. 

For sure. I think Apple was intending for the one port solution to be combined with wireless charging - although thats a wee stretch when you are on the road and want to listen to music.

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

For sure. I think Apple was intending for the one port solution to be combined with wireless charging - although thats a wee stretch when you are on the road and want to listen to music.

I think it has more to do with wanting to do a hard push for bluetooth headphones, which is why I'm okay with them dropping the 3.5mm jack since it led to companies actually giving a shit about bluetooth. You really can't use the phone while wireless charging, so I doubt wireless charging would have anything to do with it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Project_PC said:

A lot of people hate apple fanboys, not apple itself.

The problem there is that PC and Android fanboys can be just as bad if not worse

Just now, William Payne said:

The problem there is that PC and Android fanboys can be just as bad if not worse

Fanboys in general are bad. Definition of bias. People like that can never have an objective opinion.

6 hours ago, William Payne said:

A fanboi is a fanboi. They are all bad.

But like I said last month here, I was at the bar when this guy was talking to this girl (who had an iphone) and went to pull out his phone to add her number and he had a galaxy and she said, "is that a poor phone", sighed and walked away. Thats worse than any bitching match here on LTT and that is not the only time I have seen similar situation to that, be it that is an extreme case. 

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

But like I said last month here, I was at the bar when this guy was talking to this girl (who had an iphone) and went to pull out his phone to add her number and he had a galaxy and she said, "is that a poor phone", sighed and walked away. Thats worse than any bitching match here on LTT and that is not the only time I have seen similar situation to that, be it that is an extreme case. 

That chick is is not the kind you bring home to parents or ask for marriage. Just saying.

6 hours ago, William Payne said:

What can you expect? This is a tech forum for mostly PC enthusiasts with few members leaning to become PCMR extremists boldly declaring technological jihad on Apple's products and even their users.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

That chick is is not the kind you bring home to parents or ask for marriage. Just saying.

I cant disagree with that. Just an extreme case example. But there is no "worse fanboi"

I am on the fence with apple. I love MacBooks and mac OS X, they seem to work unlike windows machines. Don't get me wrong there not perfect but I have never had an issue with El capitan forcing an update on me while working on a pice of coursework, or had the equivalent BSoD, a virus or other random things happening. Nor am I forced to use edge or one drive. But I really don't like the iPhone its too overpriced and isn't unique enough to warrant a high price tag.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 minute ago, fixitnow said:

I am on the fence with apple. I love MacBooks and mac OS X, they seem to work unlike windows machines. Don't get me wrong there not perfect but I have never had an issue with El capitan forcing an update on me while working on a pice of coursework, or had the equivalent BSoD, a virus or other random things happening. Nor am I forced to use edge or one drive. But I really don't like the iPhone its too overpriced and isn't unique enough to warrant a high price tag.

I know people who has used Windows only as their desktop operating system but don't like Android so their current daily driver is the iPhone and they seem to like it. Our IT guy at my first job don't allow Android phones to connect to company resources like corporate emails because of the lack of software updates on many Android phones. They allow BYOD but only iPhones. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 hours ago, Project_PC said:

Fanboys in general are bad. Definition of bias. People like that can never have an objective opinion.

Sums it up well. I was a die hard anti apple fan boy until college. When actually used their products for the first time.

I like their stuff, but I also like custom built PC’s still as well. 

To each their own really; blind fanboyism on any side is annoying. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The reality is people can like and use whatever they want because at the end of the day it doesn't matter. 

17 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

what if there are people out there that DO NOT USE windows? 

Well, they can always install Mac OS, or buy a Mac, everything is person to person, everyone has different needs.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:32 AM, rawrdaysgoby said:

Why? I don't understand? someone explain? is the only thing you hate is the lack of customization? or that they do things that you don't approve of?

apple , google , samsung , microsoft are relatively expensive but still if many people are buying them then they're doing something right and normal , you should be pointing the finger at the consumers as a result for tossing cash in their way and with that pent up demand , of course it looks like they're being hated more because of exorbitant prices , but the consumer is to blame as a result . if there was no demand surely things would stabilize one way or another or fall .

i just learn to embrace all companies because in the end its something "I USE" .

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

There's always Linux.

The XPS is sold running Linux, all you have to do is select it in the configuration or ask in store. One more reason I don't like Apple, MAC OS or have shit drivers for the trackpad, touch bar etc.