What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

if i was to really hate apple its probably their mac lineup ... does not make sense for the price they're asking plus .

at least iPhones and iPads are relatively priced well providing you don't need top notch [no pun intended] storage but do some quick workarounds . although the only product i use is iPhone because im sold on how apple is tackling the chip + graphics game for mobile . thats where they are strongest at . macs most likely not . plus im a diehard windows fan since 2000 so 17+ years haha . since apple develops their own silicon for their mobile devices at least they win in that regard . macs not so , the specs are cringey for what you pay for and ill agree to that . until they start designing their own gpu and cpu for their macs im no way getting near them . hahaha

as for the customization bit i kinda let it slip through so it isn't the dealbreaker for me .

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

I find it really funny when people say "locked/non customer friendly". Erm what?

Their devices can do mooooore than enough things for the average user, what you guys are actually crying about is that they do not satisfy "techies". Which is to be expected, they are not aimed at you? Also it is a much more stable platform because of it, I personally respect android and the unlimited possibilities on such devices, but I can't stand using it :)

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I know people who has used Windows only as their desktop operating system but don't like Android so their current daily driver is the iPhone and they seem to like it. Our IT guy at my first job don't allow Android phones to connect to company resources like corporate emails because of the lack of software updates on many Android phones. They allow BYOD but only iPhones. 

Don't get me wrong android isn't perfect and I have no problem with iOS it's the device that I have the issue with. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

20 hours ago, minervx said:

well, here's the thing. there were companies that had the concept first.  but execution matters.  it's not enough to just say "well, i did it first".  making the idea user-friendly, convenient to use, easy to learn, appealing to buy and ironing out all of those little kinks really matters.

sure, the palm pilot and nintendo ds did the touch screen first for example, but in terms of real-world application, apple was the first one to begin to fully utilize the potential.

We can debate all day on the quality of their implementations and how they stack up against previous ones - but saying they invented those things is wrong. For example, Alan Turing invented what we now know as a computer; saying IBM invented it because they actually made it usable for the masses is incorrect.

As for the touch screen in particular, touch screens in general were already widely in use when the iPhone launched. It's not true that they had no prior real world applications. The invention of capacitive touch screens dates back to the 60s as a matter of fact, though it was a while before anything practical was made with them. Nevertheless, we can hardly claim Apple invented or was the first to use them "properly". Besides, the first iPhone was... innovative, but it was also, objectively, a pile of junk that barely did what a phone was supposed to do and kind of did a bunch of other things poorly. It shifted the consumer's perception of what a phone should be, without being that at all. It looked like a smartphone, and that was enough to get people hooked. By the time the 3gs (the first decent iPhone) came out it already has competition.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 6/12/2017 at 1:43 PM, <Aleks> said:

Which Apple product isn't overpriced compared to the competition? 

The iPad. It`s WAY more powerful than the competitio, I have to give it to Apple, the Ipad (and the small iPad Pro) are the best Tablets on the Market ATM. The Tab S3 from Samsung doesnt even come close to the regular iPad.

Not an iSheep. I have a Galaxy S8, a self made conputer with an R5 1600X and an RX 580.

2 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

The iPad. It`s WAY more powerful than the competitio, I have to give it to Apple, the Ipad (and the small iPad Pro) are the best Tablets on the Market ATM. The Tab S3 from Samsung doesnt even come close to the regular iPad.

Not an iSheep. I have a Galaxy S8, a self made conputer with an R5 1600X and an RX 580.

The iPad pro is in the same price range as core i5 convertibles, which smoke it in terms of performance and functionality. Especially now that intel finally doubled the core count on them. Honestly it's not the best example if you're looking for cost effective apple products.

To be clear, I'm not saying samsung and others aren't guilty of the same "crime" in this case - high end arm tablets just strike me as particularly bad for the price.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, DanielMDA said:

I somewhat agreed to that until I purchased a Surface Pro 4, my iPad has become obsolete. 

On 8/12/2017 at 2:29 PM, <Aleks> said:

I somewhat agreed to that until I purchased a Surface Pro 4, my iPad has become obsolete. 

I mean as a tablet, not a 2 in 1. 

7 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

I mean as a tablet, not a 2 in 1. 

Surface is a tablet. With a attachable keyboard. Isnt that what Apple is doing with their Ipad. Its more a tablet than a laptop

On 12/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, rawrdaysgoby said:

Why? I don't understand? someone explain? is the only thing you hate is the lack of customization? or that they do things that you don't approve of?

My 2 pence on it

- They seriously lack any kind of breakthroughs they just make technology that already exists fashionable

- Overpriced to hell and back; paying about half of it for a logo

- Most products can do the same thing better

- REMOVAL OF A HEADPHONE JACK!!

- Last one is more of anger at the fanboys and fangirls of Apple rather than the company as an entity

- As a IT Professional in today's modern society the reason to choose a Mac over a PC is actually void now with the advent of specalised software it's also impossible to manage a Mac in a Windows corporate enviroment

On the plus side Apple's iPods (before they were iPod Touches) were built like tanks, i've had a classic for almost a decade (i had it before i went to uni which was over 6 years ago) and although it's starting to die on me; i've dropped it a few times now the case is battered and the screen scratched but it still works fine; whereas if i did the same with a iPod touch it would have been dead long ago

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Surface is a tablet. With a attachable keyboard. Isnt that what Apple is doing with their Ipad. Its more a tablet than a laptop

I wouldn't exactly call the Surface a tablet in the traditional sense. Windows is a terrible touch UI and the Surface is heavy and bulky compared to most/all tablets. The Surface is great if you plan to heavily use the pen, but otherwise it offers a pretty lousy laptop experience and an even worse tablet experience. It's saving grace as a tablet is that it can run any x86 program.

2 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

- As a IT Professional in today's modern society the reason to choose a Mac over a PC is actually void now with the advent of specalised software it's also impossible to manage a Mac in a Windows corporate enviroment

Better tell that to IBM who switched over a few thousand of their employee's systems. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 6/12/2017 at 4:22 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

I prefer first party support>third party TBH. 

With android devices, you're typically looking at 2 years of support (and even if a company tries to support for longer, they get shot down by Google). However with Apple devices, you can expect around 4-5 years. 

iPhone 5 - 2012 to 2017

iPhone 4S - 2011 to 2016

iPhone 4 - 2010 to 2014 

iPhone 3GS - 2009 to 2014 (granted the 2014 update was just a SSL bug fix so technically 2013 was the last year of non-minor/bug fixing updates).

More like 3 years (Nexys 5X and 6P, from late 2015 till 2019)

4 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

No Surface (Pro) isn`t  tablet, but a notebook 2 in 1. An iPad (and an iPad Pro for that matter) are tablets which you can attach a keyboard, but that doesnt make them notebooks/2 in 1s mainly be ause of the lack of a Moust/Trackpad and the reduced software. A Notebook / 2 in 1 have complete Windows.

27 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

More like 3 years (Nexys 5X and 6P, from late 2015 till 2019)

Samsung s5, Sony Z3/Z3C, LG G3 - 2014 to 2016 (ish), and yes, I understand the real reason they only have 2 years of support is due to hardware limitation on the S801 meaning you can't get 7.0 on them.

Samsung S4, Sony Z1 - 2013 to 2015

LG G2 - 2013 to 2014/2015

Nexus 5 - 2013 to 2015/2016 (not quite sure how new the 6.0 it has)

ect. ect. 

Granted, it does seem to be getting better on android with the Samsung S6 seemingly getting oreo meaning 3 years of support however there is still no doubt that historically iOS devices are supported for longer. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Samsung s5, Sony Z3/Z3C, LG G3 - 2014 to 2016 (ish), and yes, I understand the real reason they only have 2 years of support is due to hardware limitation on the S801 meaning you can't get 7.0 on them.

Samsung S4, Sony Z1 - 2013 to 2015

LG G2 - 2013 to 2014/2015

Nexus 5 - 2013 to 2015/2016 (not quite sure how new the 6.0 it has)

ect. ect. 

Granted, it does seem to be getting better on android with the Samsung S6 seemingly getting oreo meaning 3 years of support however there is still no doubt that historically iOS devices are supported for longer. 

My 5X has Android 8.0, im changing it to an S9 though (I didnt like Pixel 2)

Just now, DanielMDA said:

My 5X has Android 8.0

And it was released in October 2015 so it doesn't surprise me that it does have oreo as firstly its google's device and secondly android manufacturers seems to be supporting their devices for longer. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

And it was released in October 2015 so it doesn't surprise me that it does have oreo as firstly its google's device and secondly android manufacturers seems to be supporting their devices for longer. 

Yeah, with this improved support (the 5X equals a mid range phone nowadays) maybe Android`s user split on the OS will be solved.

Can't say I HATE apple as such. Just another (albeit very successful) tech firm. As someone who designs on a Windows 10 PC, one is made to feel an inferior crafter because of my platform of choice.

Because most design studios, advertising agencies and publishers use Apple Macs, it is taken as read that one is needed in order to create anything of worth. I remember applying for a job a some years ago. The position was for a Mac artworker. The usual reqs - must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. And be able to use a Mac of course. The chap I spoke to over the phone insisted mac experience was a must due to the ''Mac'' files which had to be sent to the printers. Now, the last time I looked, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc., created files specific to the application, NOT the operating system.

I guess I don't hate Apple. More the attitude surrounding their supposed superiority over other platforms which is largely historic.

4 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

No Surface (Pro) isn`t  tablet, but a notebook 2 in 1.

The Surface and Pro are tablets. KB+M/trackpad are not required to use it, not even remotely close, provided you can competently use an iPhone or Android phone, as both have UI elements that are smaller than W10 on a 10"+ screen.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 12/11/2017 at 2:55 PM, Drak3 said:

The Surface and Pro are tablets. KB+M/trackpad are not required to use it, not even remotely close, provided you can competently use an iPhone or Android phone, as both have UI elements that are smaller than W10 on a 10"+ screen.

Would it be valid to require that 2-in-1's use a desktop OS to be considered? Seeing that not all 2-in-1's need other peripherals to be used normally? I also must mention that the purpose of a 2-in-1 is to be 2, in 1 - needs to be able to act as both a full-fledged desktop/laptop (primarily in software and available peripherals) and a tablet (in form factor). That said, the machine should be at least be comparable to a laptop in features/OS In addition to that, I don't know if there should be a distinction made between Surface, Surface Pro, and Surface RT. The RT used a mobile/restricted version of the Windows OS, which didn't even allow for a lot of the normal desktop functionality of Windows (that most people are used to having).

With that said, here are the Categories, according to this hypothetical rule set:

Mobile/Restricted:

• iOS
  • Android/AOSP
  • Windows RT (ARM-based Windows distro's)
  • Windows S (Restricted feature set)
  • Linux (mobile distro's, with limited/restricted features)

Laptop (Can't convert/detach):

• MacOS/Mac OS X
  • Windows (Home-Enterprise; possibly including SERVER in some cases)
  • Linux (using the full kernel, not heavily restricted)
  • Android x86 (and other Desktop-oriented distros)
  • Some ARM-based laptops that have full-featured OS's

2-in-1's (Convertible/detaching):

• MacOS/Mac OS X (does not yet exist)
  • Windows (Home-Enterprise; can upgrade to all editions besides SERVER)
  • Linux (using the full kernel, not heavily restricted)
  • Android x86 (and other Desktop-oriented distros)

Please tell me if I am overthinking this...

Edited by TopHatProductions115
Specified what a 2-in-1 would have in terms of features

11 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

My 2 pence on it

- They seriously lack any kind of breakthroughs they just make technology that already exists fashionable

Not really. They make it a lot better. Touch ID at the front and much better Cloud integration are very nice features. Their Face Recognition is very fast and precise. Their Cameras are also briliant. There are a lot of Apple patents that suggest they have made many breakthroughs.

- Overpriced to hell and back; paying about half of it for a logo

Citation needed.

- Most products can do the same thing better

No they can't.

- REMOVAL OF A HEADPHONE JACK!!

Apple didn't think of this first.

- Last one is more of anger at the fanboys and fangirls of Apple rather than the company as an entity

Why would you be angry at people just for liking a product.

You aren't a professional if you can't manage a Mac in a Windows environment. It's easy.

On the plus side Apple's iPods (before they were iPod Touches) were built like tanks, i've had a classic for almost a decade (i had it before i went to uni which was over 6 years ago) and although it's starting to die on me; i've dropped it a few times now the case is battered and the screen scratched but it still works fine; whereas if i did the same with a iPod touch it would have been dead long ago

iPod Touches are pretty hard for what they are.

Apple is like the EA of the technology world

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

At least you win every time.

What do you mean?

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro