My Brilliant Education Plan

So, I have been thinking about this for a while and are wondering what you guys think. What if, instead of normal education format, you would pick what you wanted to be after 7th grade. So that people could be better prepared for the field that they will enter.

Example:

Kindergarden: Basics. Letters and numbers.

1st Grade: More advanced counting and spelling/writing. Basic addition/subtraction.

2nd Grade: More advanced addition/subtraction. Basic multiplication (times tables). More advanced spelling/writing.

3rd Grade: Advanced addition/subtraction. More advanced multiplication. Basic division. Basic essay writing skills developing.

4th Grade: Basic consumer math. Long division. Intro to algebra. Early essays.

5th Grade: Moving into algebra. Writing should expand. Good essay skills. Consumer math gets more advanced. American history begins. Basic Biology.

6th Grade: Geometry. Advanced algebra. Vocabulary skills should be fine tuned. Advanced American History. Basic Chemistry.

7th Grade: Very advanced algebra. Advanced geometry. Writing skills should be exemplary. Intro into each line of work. Very advanced world history. More detailed Chemistry and biology.

Children pick the line of work they wish to enter.

13-18: Advanced training in job. Every necessary skill must be worked on (Like a bachelor's degree).

Men and Women can enter workforce.

18-22: Advanced schooling in line of work. Must be accepted into one of the schools (much like graduate school now). 

This system would not waste valuable learning time on things students won't use. A garbage man will not use trigonometry. Therefore, it is a waste of time teaching them it. Skills more valuable to them can be taught in place of it. Students may switch out of line of work choice before they turn 15.

Red Dragon: CPU: i5-4670k @4.1GHz RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 4GB PSU: Corsair RM750 COOLING: Corsair H100i MAIN MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Other Devices: PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge LAPTOP: Gigabyte P55W-BW1 DAC/AMP: Audioengine D1 DAC HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Mic: Blue Snowball

Yeah because a 7th grader can do calculus, right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah because a 7th grader can do calculus, right?

" Very advanced algebra. Advanced geometry. Writing skills should be exemplary. Intro into each line of work. Very advanced world history." Where do you see Calculus? 

Dude you're like 12 in grd 7, kids have no idea what they want to do. I don't even know yet and I'm going into grd 11

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Because when you're in 7th grade you have no idea what you actually want to be when you grow up (for the most part). I wanted to be a police officer up until grade 6, then I wanted to be a game designer up until grade 9, now I want to be a computer engineer. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

What the fuck maybe in some sort of communist system no democratic country would ever go near this

Because when you're in 7th grade you have no idea what you actually want to be when you grow up (for the most part). I wanted to be a police officer up until grade 6, then I wanted to be a game designer up until grade 9, now I want to be a computer engineer. 

When I get out of the military (hell I might like it so much I may even make that my actual job) I might not even want to be a computer engineer.

I'm currently in 11th grade btw. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

" Very advanced algebra. Advanced geometry. Writing skills should be exemplary. Intro into each line of work. Very advanced world history." Where do you see Calculus? 

advanced algebra, exemplary writing skills, etc... all are what people do in high school, not grade school. Calculus is also done in high school, so then it would be done in grade school? His plans seems to be cramming 12 years of education into only 7.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

When I get out of the military (hell I might like it so much I may even make that my actual job) I might not even want to be a computer engineer.

I'm currently in 11th grade btw. 

True, but in this system they will know. It's not a gradual push like today. They will literally say this does this and this does this. Based on the students interests they will pick one they like. I'm just saying that this is a better way of teaching things than teaching someone who might become a garbage man calculus.

Red Dragon: CPU: i5-4670k @4.1GHz RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 4GB PSU: Corsair RM750 COOLING: Corsair H100i MAIN MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Other Devices: PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge LAPTOP: Gigabyte P55W-BW1 DAC/AMP: Audioengine D1 DAC HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Mic: Blue Snowball

What the fuck maybe in some sort of communist system no democratic country would ever go near this

Communist system is a share the wealth type system. Not much to do with education. Plus, they are not going The Giver style on them forcing them to become something they don't want.

advanced algebra, exemplary writing skills, etc... all are what people do in high school, not grade school. Calculus is also done in high school, so then it would be done in grade school? His plans seems to be cramming 12 years of education into only 7.

I am, but even "advanced" needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Advanced for that age. Not what they teach you in 12th grade world history. My school in 7th grade teaches basic American history, and doesn't start basic world history until 9th.

I think you're missing all of science. Readin' Ritin' and Rithmetic' doesn't cut it anymore.

I am, but even "advanced" needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Advanced for that age. Not what they teach you in 12th grade world history. My school in 7th grade teaches basic American history, and doesn't start basic world history until 9th.

Yeah well I only learn what an essay was after gr7...

Spoiler

This will never happen due to psychological limitations of children in general. Cognitive development isn't linear, your approach forces linearity, it may end up worse than current schooling.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I think you're missing all of science. Readin' Ritin' and Rithmetic' doesn't cut it anymore.

I should probably add bio and chem in there. Just forgot. Oops.

Yeah well I only learn what an essay was after gr7...

That's interesting. I started in 5th.

This will never happen due to psychological limitations of children in general. Cognitive development isn't linear, your approach forces linearity, it may end up worse than current schooling.

Good point. This is like a basic plan. Pretty much just food for thought. However maybe if tweaked it could work.

In theory, the idea actually has some merit, if the child follows through.

How ever, most people change their minds more than their underwear, so unfortunatly the idea would become impractical.

If you wanted something like this, maybe the parents and child should look at advanced tutoring after school, and or bumping up grade to the students education level.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

That's interesting. I started in 5th.

Well I live in Canada...

Spoiler

Communist system is a share the wealth type system. Not much to do with education. Plus, they are not going The Giver style on them forcing them to become something they don't want.

Still you cant dictate a set education plan, you need to actually have an environment for a kid to learn what he wants & let him pick what he wants to do. No one should pick what tye wanna be before 17 shit im in university and i only have a vague idea of what i want

In theory, the idea actually has some merit, if the child follows through.

How ever, most people change their minds more than their underwear, so unfortunatly the idea would become impractical.

If you wanted something like this, maybe the parents and child should look at advanced tutoring after school, and or bumping up grade to the students education level.

Sadly the latter rarely happens anymore. Even to the most gifted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is illegal in some states. As stated above though, just some food for thought.

Please learn how 2 psychology first. 

If you had read a book or two on child development, you'd realize that kids aren't even CAPABLE of that level of learning or thinking at age. 

Jesus, I just got my degree and have started my lucrative career, I didn't make up my mind till entering my 4th year. And you think kids can decide what they want to do at 12? Seriously? 

Humans don't work like that. 

And you're missing a lot of science there. Reading and writing are all nice, but me knowing Moby fucking Dick did not help me in writing proposals or labs or my thesis. Relevant reading and writing is what ALL schools apart from universities lack.

Still you cant dictate a set education plan, you need to actually have an environment for a kid to learn what he wants & let him pick what he wants to do. No one should pick what tye wanna be before 17 shit im in university and i only have a vague idea of what i want

We kind of dictate one right now K-12 then college?

Yes, this is because rushing the education leads to ineffective learning for younger kids. This is why you do not do all your education in only 7 years.

Spoiler