My Brilliant Education Plan

Please learn how 2 psychology first. 

If you had read a book or two on child development, you'd realize that kids aren't even CAPABLE of that level of learning or thinking at age. 

Jesus, I just got my degree and have started my lucrative career, I didn't make up my mind till entering my 4th year. And you think kids can decide what they want to do at 12? Seriously? 

Humans don't work like that. 

And you're missing a lot of science there. Reading and writing are all nice, but me knowing Moby fucking Dick did not help me in writing proposals or labs or my thesis. Relevant reading and writing is what ALL schools apart from universities lack.

That is exactly where I am going with this. Maybe the plan isn't great, but we need to be more specialized before entering a field. Moby Dick didn't help you become a science major, so in the time you were working on that you could have been working on science and getting better. Like in the original post a garbage man doesn't need to know trigonometry.

Red Dragon: CPU: i5-4670k @4.1GHz RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 4GB PSU: Corsair RM750 COOLING: Corsair H100i MAIN MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Other Devices: PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge LAPTOP: Gigabyte P55W-BW1 DAC/AMP: Audioengine D1 DAC HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Mic: Blue Snowball

Yes, this is because rushing the education leads to ineffective learning for younger kids. This is why you do not do all your education in only 7 years.

Yes, it does. Where I was going with all of this is that we need to be more specialized before entering a field. Like in the original post a garbage man doesn't need to know trigonometry. 

Red Dragon: CPU: i5-4670k @4.1GHz RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 4GB PSU: Corsair RM750 COOLING: Corsair H100i MAIN MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Other Devices: PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge LAPTOP: Gigabyte P55W-BW1 DAC/AMP: Audioengine D1 DAC HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Mic: Blue Snowball

Yes, this is because rushing the education leads to ineffective learning for younger kids. This is why you do not do all your education in only 7 years.

True, our brains develop learning learning strategies, structural thinking, and critical thinking over time. Rushing kids to learn will only create inefficient problem solvers.

At the very most I say  in high-school add learning programs to teach kids about certain subjects that are currently needed in the work force, like in California there is a need for programmers :3  

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

add learning programs to teach kids about certain subjects that are currently needed in the work force

YES

YES

YES

This is the problem with school. They teach you how to solve giant equations that you will never again see in life, but they teach you nothing about managing taxes, job interviews, budgeting, or anything you need after you leave school. I know many people who leave gr12 with straight As but have no experience with 'real life' stuff. The education system is screwing every kid over.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

YES

YES

YES

This is the problem with school. They teach you how to solve giant equations that you will never again see in life, but they teach you nothing about managing taxes, job interviews, budgeting, or anything you need after you leave school. I know many people who leave gr12 with straight As but have no experience with 'real life' stuff. The education system is screwing every kid over.

My high school offered business and finance classes which pretty much every senior/12th grader took.

I have no idea what I want to do and being forced to "just pick" at 11th grade was terrible enough and you know what's funny? I had to "just pick" in 7th grade too - we had to write a paper on what two jobs we would want to go into. I'm squeamish, so most of the medical-related jobs aren't going to work - imagine having a surgeon who can't stand the sight of organs and horribly injured body parts. I remember wanting to be an engineer when I was in 2nd grade then I found out I hated math and had no talent or passion for it. Parents and pretty much all my family wants me to be a(nother) pharmacist and make tons of cash. I, for whatever reason, don't like money. I don't like having excess money, I don't spend a lot, I don't like hoard cash, and I don't view money as "life". Also, being in hospitals and clinics make me sad. Basically, even after 4 years in college, I'll still be clueless and continue to be clueless for the rest of my life when it comes to a "career".  

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I'll also add, this is really one of those times where if you don't have a Education Psychology + Developmental Psychology degree, you really should not be coming up with plans. 

Half my stinking degree was childhood development and its still such a complex set of issues, I don't even know anything about the educational side and how to design subjects and courses that actually make sense, can be understood and most importantly are accessible for children. 

This really is one of those times where you should leave it open to the professionals. 

Terrible idea considering at 21 years of age I still don't have a clue what I want to be. I can design and build a motor/generator with scrap laying around the house. I can disassemble and reassemble a ute with little hassle, have rewired entire houses and threw in an engineering degree because of family issues arising that needed sorting (3 years later they are almost resolved).

Despite all this I couldn't honestly say what I want to do, I work to cover my bills and play + a few bucks to spare until such time as I can work out what the hell I want to do.

As if any child outside autistic children could actually have a clue at that age (I have had the pleasure of meeting a few autistic children and they are amazing the way their minds tick over, seriously if you ever get a chance spend the time and try and see their point of view it is interesting).

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)