Fallout 4 may be Xbox One exclusive

Go to solution Solved by Misanthrope,

Hardly.

Right, enjoy your now useless $100 kinect that will soon be forgotten and dumped from all future game support. 

Oh hell no. -.- But us master race. pls. We already don't have gta 5. Don't you want my money?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I hope this isn't true. I love Bethesda to death, but their games are nothing without mods. Anyone that says they're fine in their vanilla forms just doesn't know what they're missing. Bethesda, if you do this, then please at least keep The Elder Scrolls on PC when that time rolls around.

There is no way. Microsoft wouldn't have enough money to pay for that. Also they are supposed to push PC gaming.

I'd bet a lot of money it's for PC AND X1.  There's just no reason for PC to be left out.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Not possible. There is no way Zenimax would be that stupid. This game is bound to make more money if it goes multi-platform than anything Microsoft can pay for exclusivity.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I wouldn't panick over this. PC has become the most profitable platform. Bethesda would not risk jeapordizing their relatiosnhip with their fans over this. It would be a suicidal business decision.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

http://www.examiner.com/article/fallout-4-xbox-one-exclusive-rumor-details-revealed

Several details may have been revealed in regards to the upcoming rumored video game, “Fallout 4,” being exclusive to the Xbox One. According to a post from the NeoGAF forum on May 24, a user claimed that there has been some industry chatter around Bethesda Softworks signing a deal with Microsoft. As a result, “Fallout 4” could end up being one of the 15 exclusive titles that are being planned for release within the first year of the next-generation system’s lifespan.

That article is old news, over a year old. May 23,2013. Not 2014, but 2013.

It's not going to be exclusive

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

I will murder children and kittens if this is true.

Why not M$ and Bethesda corporates?

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Bethesda won't be stupid enough to do this unless M$ pays them off.  These games live on with the mod community way after they're dead on console.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Bethesda won't be stupid enough to do this unless M$ pays them off. These games live on with the mod community way after they're dead on console.

It's an old article

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

A page and a half of two people arguing whether Microsoft sucks or not and maybe half a page of anything regarding the article.... Not really sure what I expected.

Exclusives only hurt the industry as a whole in the long term.

If Bethesda does decided to do this with Fallout 4, it's going to hinder the game and it's sales far more than help it. All they have to do is look to Titanfall to see a small preview, a game that could have done so much better than it did, at least it's already been said the next game in series will not be an exclusive. Fallout is obviously a far larger are more popular game, with a huge following. If a new franchise is suffering for it's decision to be a console exclusive, imagine what it can do to one that's already a huge hit across all platforms.

Oh, and I am a PC gamer, I have a special place of hatred for what "modern" consoles have done to the industry in my humble opinion. That's a conversation for a different time, however I am of the opinion that there is no reason for any AAA company (or any developers with the means for that matter) to ever limit a game to a single platform.

Yes we PC gamers are simple minded, Xbox fans on the other hand:

<Star Wars Kinect>

Dude... That is possibly the best Kinect game ever, and it's 100% because of that mode.

They did a great job with the songs and naming the moves as well.

I haven't played it, but I think it looks really fun. Dance games is the one thing I think the Kinect is great for.

As long as it comes out for the PC, I wont care about the console wars.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

If they do they will piss off the majority of there fans... So I doubt they are stupid enough to make a console only game when Bethesda has the most players on PC.
(Only proof I could find was a poll for Skyrim)

If it comes to the PC I couldn't care less which consoles get it. If it is truly just an Xbox One title, I will be quite upset. Fallout has been my favorite game series since the original which I played religiously in the late 90's. 

I'd just have to use my roommates Xbox One. 

http://www.examiner.com/article/fallout-4-xbox-one-exclusive-rumor-details-revealed

Several details may have been revealed in regards to the upcoming rumored video game, “Fallout 4,” being exclusive to the Xbox One. According to a post from the NeoGAF forum on May 24, a user claimed that there has been some industry chatter around Bethesda Softworks signing a deal with Microsoft. As a result, “Fallout 4” could end up being one of the 15 exclusive titles that are being planned for release within the first year of the next-generation system’s lifespan. 

Yeah or it could be a Xbox one, Xbox 360 and PC exclusive.

Do you have any idea how much money MS would have to pay them to make it exclusive to a unit that only has 4 million units in peoples homes, when many of those gamers are like 8-10 years old or dude bros who play COD and wouldn't even care about the game? 

This E3 is about the most laughable ever for consoles anyways. Exclusives 1-2 years away that may never even see the light of day, with every major game worth a damn besides Destiny being on PC, and PC is getting Star Citizen, Wild Star, WoW expansion and has Diablo expansion, is getting a Blizzard MOBA. Add to that Destiny is on the last gen consoles, so why would anyone bother.

This E3 is just going to be pre alpha footage of games running on two Titan Blacks. Get excited "next gen" console owners! Also have fun with a Bethesda game that isn't moddable, because Skyrim was such a great game without mods (LOL). Also LOL at the idea that I would buy a 1.7ghz AMD mobile PC with a AMD 7770 GPU in it that was 89 dollars 2 years ago to play a Bethesda game without mods. Oh yeah man, I see a ton of PC gamers buying this brick for this game.

uJM.gif

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

They will probably release it a month or so before the rest of the systems on Xbox, it would be stupid not to eventually release the game on all platforms, especially considering the attention it gets on the PC side.

Well time out, I'm not happy about it not being on PC, I said that, and I have a feeling it still will along with Xbox One if this is true.  It will be like Titanfall.  I just don't think they'd leave out the PC community.  

Unless you own an Xbox One you have no idea how annoying PS4 fanboys were before release and after it.  It was nearly impossible to enjoy it without some snide comment.  Forgive me for not giving a fuck when they lose out on something like this. 

And that is any different from the nearly full generation of shit 360 fanboys spewed when MS was on top how? No matter what side they're on fanboys are fucking pathetic hypocrites. Enjoy your system, but for Christ's sake stop tying your entire identity to it and taking personal offense when someone makes a negative remark about it.

AS to the topic itself: Highly unlikely. MS would have to offer a ton of money. I could see them buying timed exclusive DLC like they did last gen, but not the game itself.

And that is any different from the nearly full generation of shit 360 fanboys spewed when MS was on top how? No matter what side they're on fanboys are fucking pathetic hypocrites. Enjoy your system, but for Christ's sake stop tying your entire identity to it and taking personal offense when someone makes a negative remark about it.

AS to the topic itself: Highly unlikely. MS would have to offer a ton of money. I could see them buying timed exclusive DLC like they did last gen, but not the game itself.

I bought a PS3 first and not a single person who had a 360 said shit to me.  I've always been a PS guy.  Only a few years ago did I buy a 360 and stuck with Microsoft for the switch.   Now, I'm not saying what you described didn't happen elsewhere, I just didn't see it or deal with it.  If I did experience it I'm sure I wouldn't be as annoyed with fanboys ruining the release and prerelease for a lot of people.  I'd think it was well deserved.  I think that's the difference.

Also, you're exaggerating a SHIT TON when you say I tie my entire identity to the Xbox One.  Lol, I don't even know where you're getting that from.  I came here and laughed about this news because the PS4 was supposed to be the best and have all of the games.  Either way, if you search this forum, which I know you won't because that's ridiculous, you'll see me discussing with other people about the X1 when they have nothing positive to say.  I don't take offense.  This is the internet.  It's not even remotely close to real life.  Why do I say that?  Because I can guarantee two of the people discussing it with me wouldn't have said half the shit they did to my face.  Everyone's a tough guy on here.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

If this is true, there will be fires the likes of which the internet has never seen.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

my kinect isn't useless.  I use it everyday actually.  Probably about 50 times a day since it does something nothing else out there can.

And you use it to do what exactly?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I bought a PS3 first and not a single person who had a 360 said shit to me.  I've always been a PS guy.  Only a few years ago did I buy a 360 and stuck with Microsoft for the switch.   Now, I'm not saying what you described didn't happen elsewhere, I just didn't see it or deal with it.  If I did experience it I'm sure I wouldn't be as annoyed with fanboys ruining the release and prerelease for a lot of people.  I'd think it was well deserved.  I think that's the difference.

Also, you're exaggerating a SHIT TON when you say I tie my entire identity to the Xbox One.  Lol, I don't even know where you're getting that from.  I came here and laughed about this news because the PS4 was supposed to be the best and have all of the games.  Either way, if you search this forum, which I know you won't because that's ridiculous, you'll see me discussing with other people about the X1 when they have nothing positive to say.  I don't take offense.  This is the internet.  It's not even remotely close to real life.  Why do I say that?  Because I can guarantee two of the people discussing it with me wouldn't have said half the shit they did to my face.  Everyone's a tough guy on here.

I'll take your word for it and apologize, but I've been around on gaming sites for a long time. This being a mostly PC-centric site it's less crazy with console fanboys but I've seen my fair share over the years.

Anyone making definitive quality statements about either console at this point is a fool. Though you're right in real life it would be different. The entire tone of the debate might have seemed less I dunno less like you were what I initially thought.

And you use it to do what exactly?

Xbox, On. Xbox, turn off. Xbox, watch discovery channel. Xbox, mute. Xbox, go to twitch. Xbox go to youtube. Xbox go to battlefield 4. Xbox volume up. Etc etc etc

I'll take your word for it and apologize, but I've been around on gaming sites for a long time. This being a mostly PC-centric site it's less crazy with console fanboys but I've seen my fair share over the years.

Anyone making definitive quality statements about either console at this point is a fool. Though you're right in real life it would be different. The entire tone of the debate might have seemed less I dunno less like you were what I initially thought.

Yeah and I believe you. It's a very immature community(meaning consoles. Actually a lot of gaming in general) so it's not hard for me to imagine xbox fanboys doing the same thing long ago. And I agree, both systems are hardly something to write home about. Had it not been for the x1's media functionality I'd have sold the thing already. Both consoles are very underwhelming.