Fallout 4 may be Xbox One exclusive

Go to solution Solved by Misanthrope,

Hardly.

Right, enjoy your now useless $100 kinect that will soon be forgotten and dumped from all future game support. 

http://www.examiner.com/article/fallout-4-xbox-one-exclusive-rumor-details-revealed

Several details may have been revealed in regards to the upcoming rumored video game, “Fallout 4,” being exclusive to the Xbox One. According to a post from the NeoGAF forum on May 24, a user claimed that there has been some industry chatter around Bethesda Softworks signing a deal with Microsoft. As a result, “Fallout 4” could end up being one of the 15 exclusive titles that are being planned for release within the first year of the next-generation system’s lifespan. 

i was just about to post this.....

IF this happens. i wont get mad since EA took that out of me but i will just stop supporting them

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I don't know...I feel like Bethesda is smarter than this. I understand that Rockstar has a history of screwing over PC gamers so GTAV isn't that shocking, but XB1 exclusive Fallout 4? I have a hard time believing this. Bethesda has taken an almost entirely supportive stance on modding, hell they even gave us G.E.C.K to give modders a helping hand, Why would they go console exclusive and shoot themselves in the foot?

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Xbox One owner here:

LOLS

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I don't know...I feel like Bethesda is smarter than this. I understand that Rockstar has a history of screwing over PC gamers so GTAV isn't that shocking, but XB1 exclusive Fallout 4? I have a hard time believing this. Bethesda has taken an almost entirely supportive stance on modding, hell they even gave us G.E.C.K to give modders a helping hand, Why would they go console exclusive and shoot themselves in the foot?

It could be a "Fuck Sony" type of exclusive like Titanfall: PC and Xbone only.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the word "TIMED" will creep in front of "Exclusive" somehow (whether Bethesda explicitly admit it or not).

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

It could be a "Fuck Sony" type of exclusive like Titanfall: PC and Xbone only.

That makes a bit more sense. This would actually be a good chance for Xbone to save what's left of its reputation. Surprisingly, for an open world/free roam game, Fallout has never been that resource intensive. Just the other day I had the urge to replay FO:New Vegas and I was surprised that my aging GTX 580 was able to play it on max settings like it was nothing. I know the Xbone's hardware is slightly below the PS4's, so a big title exclusive like Fallout 4 that just happens to not be very demanding would be a good opportunity. Personally I'd prefer no platform was left out, but a "Fuck Sony" type of exclusive wouldn't be terrible.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

We might see something along the lines of earlier release dates on xbox or some "exclusive content" for that platform.  I doubt Bethesda will want to alienate such a large portion of their playerbase by making the game only available on one system. 

No way on gods green Earth. Bethesda know that the modding community accounts for millions of sales. They're not going to put Fallout 4 on a locked platform without it coming to PC as well

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Xbox One owner here:

LOLS

Great attitude.....

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

As the fallout series is my favorite series, if this is true I will never buy a Bethesda game ever again. I will wait for the cracked version so I can emulate it on PC. Might take 10+ years but it will be worth it. Devs need to learn to not mess with games that are beloved and well established on a platform. Does Bethesda really think that XBox players will still be playing fallout 4 6 years after it is released, unlikely. If anyone took a minute to check the Steam charts they would see that Fallout New Vegas is well within the top 50 thanks to the best video game community out there. The modding community for Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 are great and this would effectively kill any hope of having that experience ever again which is a mistake. I just hope this isn't true I really do.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That makes a bit more sense. This would actually be a good chance for Xbone to save what's left of its reputation. Surprisingly, for an open world/free roam game, Fallout has never been that resource intensive. Just the other day I had the urge to replay FO:New Vegas and I was surprised that my aging GTX 580 was able to play it on max settings like it was nothing. I know the Xbone's hardware is slightly below the PS4's, so a big title exclusive like Fallout 4 that just happens to not be very demanding would be a good opportunity. Personally I'd prefer no platform was left out, but a "Fuck Sony" type of exclusive wouldn't be terrible.

Its not that surprising it looks plenty fucking shitty by itself, same goes for Skyrim. It's only after a fuckton of mods that you go "you know, this isn't that bad!" But other than that I agree with you: this time around a PS4 version would probably be a lot better simply because of the increased horsepower around, but I wouldn't blame Beth if they decided "yeah fuck them" after all they went through to get fucking Skyrim to run worth shit on the PS3 (hint: they didn't really managed it really runs like shit on the PS3)

-------

Current Rig

-------

As the fallout series is my favorite series, if this is true I will never buy a Bethesda game ever again. I will wait for the cracked version so I can emulate it on PC. Might take 10+ years but it will be worth it. Devs need to learn to not mess with games that are beloved and well established on a platform. Does Bethesda really think that XBox players will still be playing fallout 4 6 years after it is released, unlikely. If anyone took a minute to check the Steam charts they would see that Fallout New Vegas is well within the top 50 thanks to the best video game community out there. The modding community for Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 are great and this would effectively kill any hope of having that experience ever again which is a mistake. I just hope this isn't true I really do.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Hell, even look at Skyrim!

I really can't see this happening, but if it does, I'll wait for the inevitable emulator.

Great attitude.....

Hey, thanks.  ;)

Xbox One owners have had to put up with so much unnecessary BS so I have next to no sympathy when Microsoft does something to beat out Sony.  Granted, I would have liked to hear it was coming out on PC as well as Xbox One, but I'll have both so I don't care.  I like seeing the Xbox One do well.  That attitude will never change.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

You would really hope that they wouldn't be stupid enough to piss of the people who play and love their games the most, the PC modding community.

Stuff like Fallout is hard to pirate too on PC, most of the big mods I use (TTW) offer no support and barely work on pirated versions, same for lots of mods.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

From Microsoft themselves.

Hardly.

and this is why there are terrorists in the fucking world, jesus i bet someone is gonna completely loose their shit due to this and kill some people in a BMW 330i e90 blacked out

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I will actually fly over to their HQ and bomb the fuark out of it (no casualties ofc  ;)) if this happens...