5GHz Internet issues after upgrade

Hey LTT,

I've been encountering some issues with my computer recently after upgrading a few components. Here's what's been happening:

I decided to upgrade my GPU from an ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX to a GIGABYTE 4080 SUPER SUPER GAMING OC. However, the new GPU was too large for my previous case, so I also upgraded to a bigger case and transferred all of the components. Only thing I added was two fans.

Since the upgrade, I've noticed some significant internet issues when connected to the 5GHz network. This includes high ping, lag, and painfully slow speeds(5-10 Mbps, almost impossible to connect and sometimes connection just drops), whereas the 2.4GHz network works just fine (110 Mbps which is what I pay for). Weirdly enough, only download speed seems affected, upload remains the same for both (no idea if that changes anything).

Here's what I've tried so far to troubleshoot:

• Adjusted the antennas on my Wi-Fi adapter.

• Confirmed that only my Desktop is experiencing this issue.

• Updated to BIOS 7D32v1H(latest) (which helped detect the PCIE network card below).

• Attempted to use a PCI-E network card (TXE72E - AX210 Wi-Fi 6E - Confirmed working as my other Desktop reaches the speed I expect), but encountered the same results (Wiped the old drivers, disabled the integrated WiFi/Bluetooth and installed the ones for the PCI-E card).

• Ran netsh wlan show wlanreport, but no errors. Only error that would show up is when it crashes (WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped), but usually it is just very very slow or won't connect at all.

• Wiped out all Bluetooth and network drivers in Safe Mode and reinstalled them.

• Completely wiped Windows and re-installed it

• Reset BIOS settings

• Removed GPU to see if it was the cause of the issue but no, same thing without the GPU.

Running Windows 11 23H2 - 22631.3447 64 bits up to date.

Using a TP-Link Omada WiFI 6 AX3000 as access point, about 20 feet away (direct sight).

Didn't have any issues with the 5GHz network before the upgrade.

Built this computer just last year.

Running dual-boot Windows (Work/Personal), same issue on both OS.

Intel Driver v22.190.0.4

Here are the specs of my PC:

• Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4.

• CPU: Intel i7-12700k.

• RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 32GB (2x16GB).

• GPU: GIGABYTE 4080 SUPER SUPER GAMING OC.

• PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850

If anyone has any suggestions or insights on how to resolve this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I really don't know what else to try, I'm at a point where the only option is to reassemble everything, which I want to avoid if possible. Thanks for your help!