(Linus attention needed)YouTuber DDE need internet upgrade for their HQ

Go to solution Solved by jubjub,

They have fibre coming into the building so that's not a problem. It's the internal network stuff they need done including a bunch of APs to get wifi coverage.

LTT actually probably could help them with that though and their current workflows for video are horrid. Now that they have a long term place it'd actually be helpful to them to have an actual archive/editing server and an ingest station with a few desktops for CAD, Video Editing and general usage alongside all the networking to make that work. They're a decent size channel too so sponsorship shouldn't be too hard to get.

But whining like on this thread vaguely asking for LTT to help them isn't the go. I support the idea and see the value in it but your attitude is only going to put people off OP.

12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

For one, LMG would need sponsor. For two, unless their ISP can deliver, there's nothing LMG could do. Linus is able to get insane speeds at office and home because they are wired with fibre. So general infrastructure is able to support whatever they do inside. Even the wireless setups are for extended internal network.

So if these guys don't have infrastructure outside their facility, they have two options. Starlink or 5G. And for the inside, easier, faster and maybe even cheaper to get professional do it.

They have dedicated fibre to the building that was paid for by Hoonigan at significant cost previously. What they don't have is switches, a router or APs. They've borrowed/been given the old ones from Hoonigan but that had some issues. It's exactly the type of thing LMG actually can help with. If you watched the actual video before commenting you'd have known that...

Apparently DDE has 3.93M subscriber on YouTube as automative content creator. they just moved into their HQ and they getting evything dial in. However they are noob when it’s about tech but cars. If you look into thier latest video. It explains. Linus would you help them out please!!

Or they could hire professionals. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

For one, LMG would need sponsor. For two, unless their ISP can deliver, there's nothing LMG could do. Linus is able to get insane speeds at office and home because they are wired with fibre. So general infrastructure is able to support whatever they do inside. Even the wireless setups are for extended internal network.

So if these guys don't have infrastructure outside their facility, they have two options. Starlink or 5G. And for the inside, easier, faster and maybe even cheaper to get professional do it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

33 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Forgot, pay the local ISP to bring fiber in   *but that brings me back to the eye watering quote I saw...1 million to bring in a fiber line when the fiber termination was like 3 blocks away...but it meant trenching along an area that required multiple authorities to be involved*

Overall though, I'm not sure I would overly trust LMG to get networking stuff correct.  That always for myself has seemed to be a major blind-spot of theirs, yes they have it setup but sometimes I get the feeling that it's not setup in a secure fasion.

Honestly, for guys like that it's better to just figure out what they might be wanting to do and just pay a company 10 - 20k to rewire and setup the equipment for them.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

13 hours ago, da na said:

LTT shouldn't be responsible for doing work for other creators.

I mean they do tech upgrade for streamers too… it’s not their responsibility but they could help…. Lol.. they are almost top of the car content industry. They need some tech tips from Linus, YouTuber help out YouTuber, I don’t see issues here… as Linus’ company is also top of the line on Tech. Even tho DDE rich, doesn’t mean they can find ppl that can be trust easily to achieve what they need. They could pay Linus either haha. I wonder how many server n fiber cable he can buy with a price of a sennna, merci, 599, svj. Look at the load of their video, 30 mins video everyday…… if YouTuber don’t encourage each other idk who would do it better that Linus ngl. 

On 3/1/2024 at 1:07 PM, wanderingfool2 said:

Forgot, pay the local ISP to bring fiber in   *but that brings me back to the eye watering quote I saw...1 million to bring in a fiber line when the fiber termination was like 3 blocks away...but it meant trenching along an area that required multiple authorities to be involved*

Overall though, I'm not sure I would overly trust LMG to get networking stuff correct.  That always for myself has seemed to be a major blind-spot of theirs, yes they have it setup but sometimes I get the feeling that it's not setup in a secure fasion.

Honestly, for guys like that it's better to just figure out what they might be wanting to do and just pay a company 10 - 20k to rewire and setup the equipment for them.

Very true…

3 hours ago, DaSickBoi Raph said:

I mean they do tech upgrade for streamers too… it’s not their responsibility but they could help…. Lol.. they are almost top of the car content industry. They need some tech tips from Linus, YouTuber help out YouTuber, I don’t see issues here… as Linus’ company is also top of the line on Tech. Even tho DDE rich, doesn’t mean they can find ppl that can be trust easily to achieve what they need. They could pay Linus either haha. I wonder how many server n fiber cable he can buy with a price of a sennna, merci, 599, svj. Look at the load of their video, 30 mins video everyday…… if YouTuber don’t encourage each other idk who would do it better that Linus ngl. 

In this day and age, for big content creator it is better to :

1. Make sure the network is correct & secure as F right from the start

2. Make sure that they know (at least basically) how their own network works

3. Make sure that they can get assistance -PRONTO- at any time they need one

4. Make sure their team get some education on cyber security, or at the very least how to keep their network safe enough, and what to do when shit happens.

So it is better for them to just hire pro right from the start.

LMG might be able to do #1 and #2, the rest? I doubt it. Especially for #3.

IIRC, heard some content creators that LMG had helped build a server before ended up changing it to a more "newbie friendly" pro solution.

doesn’t mean they can find ppl that can be trust easily to achieve what they need

Me watching Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow on screen and knowing some stuffs about her as a person doesn't make me trust her more than I trust....... (for example) you.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

They have fibre coming into the building so that's not a problem. It's the internal network stuff they need done including a bunch of APs to get wifi coverage.

LTT actually probably could help them with that though and their current workflows for video are horrid. Now that they have a long term place it'd actually be helpful to them to have an actual archive/editing server and an ingest station with a few desktops for CAD, Video Editing and general usage alongside all the networking to make that work. They're a decent size channel too so sponsorship shouldn't be too hard to get.

But whining like on this thread vaguely asking for LTT to help them isn't the go. I support the idea and see the value in it but your attitude is only going to put people off OP.

12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

They have dedicated fibre to the building that was paid for by Hoonigan at significant cost previously. What they don't have is switches, a router or APs. They've borrowed/been given the old ones from Hoonigan but that had some issues. It's exactly the type of thing LMG actually can help with. If you watched the actual video before commenting you'd have known that...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jubjub said:

If you watched the actual video before commenting you'd have known that...

Maybe. But I'm not here to watch videos, and it's not mostly possible when I'm browsing forums. So it's on poster to bring up important things like that.

E: Actually, OP said "dial in" which I read to mean copper lines. Not "set up" as in for the operations. So my point of overall networking comes from that.

Anyway, having sponsor still stands. Not only for the gear, but covering costs of personnel. Linus IS NOT networking guy. Dan, Jake and others may be. But they've also had Ubiquity consult to do networking. Overall, yes they could help. But also could mess things. As was brought up in the previous thread about this very subject:

Has he done upgrades before? Yes (always with sponsor). Will he do them again? Also yes, but occasionally. Would he or should he be the one to call when you have funds to spare and need upgrades? I don't think so. I dislike the free gear idea as it gives so wonky outlook on business is supposed to be run. And brings out these threads of fans coming in to essentially beg Linus to help.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Has he done upgrades before? Yes (always with sponsor). Will he do them again? Also yes, but occasionally. Would he or should he be the one to call when you have funds to spare and need upgrades? I don't think so. I dislike the free gear idea as it gives so wonky outlook on business is supposed to be run. And brings out these threads of fans coming in to essentially beg Linus to help.

I don't disagree with this take at all. Upgrades shouldn't be seen as a way of solving every YouTuber's problems the way a lot of people see them as now. Although in this case it could be quite a unique collab that'd create a video like none LTT has ever made so I think the idea itself definitely has value. Even just as an excuse for Linus to go have some rides doing stupid things in supercars. And it'd be really easy to get a good thumbnail out of the idea. To me the pull here is making a really cool video not that LTT would suddenly solve DDE's problems.

(Linus attention needed) in the title is actually baffling. Like its some kind of category or post descriptor that alerts Linus that indeed, he must respond to the thread, no other option.

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

(Linus attention needed) in the title is actually baffling. Like its some kind of category or post descriptor that alerts Linus that indeed, he must respond to the thread, no other option.

I agree.  He's not f*cking Batman.

5 hours ago, Erioch said:

I agree.  He's not f*cking Batman.

I mean other streamers ask for helps too. He’s not a Batman. If he can why not. They all love cars. Idk why are some ppl so heated about the idea of asking Linus if he can help…. At the end of the day it’s business I know, but this is part of the marketing to share audience between two big content creator on youtube. While one needs lil bit help on internet settup n lil upgrade to get dialed in. In the meanwhile, they both cars enthusiast. Would ya be too overprotective about Linus being used over marketing n lil bit of kindness. The world could be better if evyone helps each other under their abilities if it doesn’t hurt… but reality always shows ppl don’t wanna be bother doing extra…. That’s why YouTuber pops out doing the extra part to caught attentions. And Mr beast exists. Limitation is set by ur fear. 

On 3/1/2024 at 1:07 PM, wanderingfool2 said:

Not every ISP will sell its fiber regardless of cost or how much customer agrees to cover for construction and long term contracts. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Not every ISP will sell its fiber regardless of cost or how much customer agrees to cover for construction and long term contracts. 

All they need is to get stuff dial in, they have fiber and some sort of setup took over from Hoodnigan. But they really need to set it up properly as they upload 30mins 4K video everyday between main channel n stories channel. Teach upgrade video between this two YouTuber would be nice. Even tho they have a sim rig n race irl. Linus still has better sim rig than em haha. They are really noob when it’s about tech but cars. And Linus can learn drift irl with Formula Drift champion Michael Essa at DDE HQ in “THE BLOCK”. I don’t see at the end of the day who harms other businesses. 

People need to stop running to Linus/LMG to solve other creator's problems.

7 hours ago, DaSickBoi Raph said:

I mean other streamers ask for helps too. He’s not a Batman. If he can why not. They all love cars. Idk why are some ppl so heated about the idea of asking Linus if he can help…. At the end of the day it’s business I know, but this is part of the marketing to share audience between two big content creator on youtube. While one needs lil bit help on internet settup n lil upgrade to get dialed in. In the meanwhile, they both cars enthusiast. Would ya be too overprotective about Linus being used over marketing n lil bit of kindness. The world could be better if evyone helps each other under their abilities if it doesn’t hurt… but reality always shows ppl don’t wanna be bother doing extra…. That’s why YouTuber pops out doing the extra part to caught attentions. And Mr beast exists. Limitation is set by ur fear. 

My notes are not against them. Just this thread and the overall thing that when content creator needs help with tech, Linus is one to call. If they would do business to business inquiry about collab, then I'm fine. Sadly most collab videos have been about free hardware which is my main issue with them.

Though thing to remember, things take long to plan and execute. If they need something fast, they really should hire consultant from Ubiquity etc. to do the setup. Just like what Linus did when he first time redid networking after the big move (which was before Jake was hired).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I wonder who else asked please named evyone? DDE didn’t asked… It was me as a big fan of both, tryna see em in the same frame…might be able to remotely help em or sth… stop being snowflakes please….. at the end Linus n his team has the wills the helps or nah… yall ain’t solving problems, ya making more problems…. Be an real adult….. Being Jelly of others who might have the opportunities has no point…. Linus maybe be able to make money through the videos too. Their are common fans not evy like ya.

On 3/2/2024 at 5:36 PM, DaSickBoi Raph said:

All they need is to get stuff dial in, they have fiber and some sort of setup took over from Hoodnigan. But they really need to set it up properly as they upload 30mins 4K video everyday between main channel n stories channel. Teach upgrade video between this two YouTuber would be nice. Even tho they have a sim rig n race irl. Linus still has better sim rig than em haha. They are really noob when it’s about tech but cars. And Linus can learn drift irl with Formula Drift champion Michael Essa at DDE HQ in “THE BLOCK”. I don’t see at the end of the day who harms other businesses. 

Honestly it's like what I said in another topic.  LMG is pretty bad at this kind of collab in my opinion.

They don't take the time to properly understand the current influencers actual needs/workflow and then provide a solution that would kind of fit in with LMG's workflow without the nuance that everyone is different.

Plus on top of this, I think LMG has a pretty large gap in their networking knowledge as well.

In reality, if they already have fiber, they should just hire a company to install all the termination points and provide them with networking equipment/initial setup...there are many MSP with Cisco certified reps who could easily set them up and get them going

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Okay snowflakes, yall couldn’t accept the idea of the collab. Got it. Whoever ask Linus for help is use him. Okay got it. You guys are pathetic. I can see ya can’t be bother and give away a lot of opportunities and chances irl. I only see a few here is actually helping, and the rest are just argue to protect Linus. Why? Idk… yall should protecting ur parents first. Ya ain’t saint doing this shit here….

1 minute ago, DaSickBoi Raph said:

Okay snowflakes, yall couldn’t accept the idea of the collab. Got it. Whoever ask Linus for help is use him. Okay got it. You guys are pathetic. I can see ya can’t be bother and give away a lot of opportunities and chances irl. I only see a few here is actually helping, and the rest are just argue to protect Linus. Why? Idk… yall should protecting ur parents first. Ya ain’t saint doing this shit here….

You are the one with name-calling though... Can't take criticism, realism and opinions that aren't in line with yours? Don't post to open forums. And please don't use words which meaning you don't know.

Also, what opportunities and chances? We are not talking about some 100k channel. You said they have 3M+ subs. Thats means they have money to hire professional to do their setup. Thats most of our point. Besides that some individuals, myself included, have voiced criticism about free tech these collabs usually have attached.

Realism, like it or not, is that it takes weeks to months to plan and execute any collab. Linus has talked about doing collabs many times. And best way to collab to happen is if channel is in direct contact to LMG, or they to others. That contact means they are serious and have thought something that would come out of the collab. So if these guys are in dire need of something, they get better results by doing things like any other business should. Including LMG (the other guy with Linus is networking specialist). By hiring professional.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Why is this a thread?

Wouldn't it make more sense to move all threads that suggest collabs to:

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet