"Getting Cancelled" phallacy of LTT that I probably saw incorrect until recently

Hi everyone, I am not an old LTT viewer, I started watching LTT in 2018-2019, I liked the "honesty" and "simplicity" of the content, I could associate myself with linus in many ways (before he got the beard and got more self-confident), I sitll love linus and he is my virtual friend (because let's admit it, most of us don't have or need real friends because friendship doesn't really work outside of third grade :D). 
I have been quite busy recently, but I have watched the drama unfolding with the whole outcry over some quality issues and them some other stuff. I felt really bad about how intense linus's reaction to that was. I think everyone understands (I am bad at explaining concepts, sorry) that in a classroom, a bully is the loudest and it will always be heard, no matter what the bully says. I feel like this was a similar situation – normal consumers, who are the majority, were more than happy with daily uploads and daily LINUS. A small percentage of peopele, who in my opinion were just looking for a CAUSE to hurt linus or find an issue with linus just because of jealousy because let's admit it – once someone gets successful, there is a lot of jealousy from formerly adequate people. Of course, there is a small partition that actually cares about the discrepancies in the performance graphs or "what he said about that sh*t company that shouldn't exist that makes overpriced sh*t for rich kids". The simple truth is, that not just the majority, but almost everyone watching linus on youtube watches linus not for the PRECISE EVALUATION OF A NICHE PRODUCT that should not even exist, but rather for linus. I judge by myself - I am not a big "celeb" fan – I don't follow any, but I like linus, he is like my friend, and when he talks on youtube when I eat, it makes me happy, and I am certain that 90% of the youtube audience is the same – we just like linus, of course, his expertise is relevant and makes the content nice, but this is youtube, it doesn't have to be extremely precise, no-one from the 99% is going to make a decision whether to buy or not that niche product, we just like to see how linus handles it and how he gives his REASONABLE and correct opinion – unbiased, and actually pretty truthful since he, sure, comes from a first-world country, but he seems to have gone through the same financial struggles most of us went, so he has the same mindset as us, he is like us and he is our friend. I speak for the imaginary 90% of his yt audience, I believe it is true but I obviously have no evidence for this. 
Simply speaking, we watched linus for the daily dose of linus, and if there is something useful or interesting – sure, that's fine, but we don't watch linus to "compare" something before buying – the titles and descriptions don't even describe what has been compared in the videos, lol. 
So we had the issue of the 10% of "bullies" (that is my personal biased opinion, it is obviously not entirely true, but I believe it is mostly true) finding a cause to bug linus and talk him down, obviously being the loudest ones, and linus, being who he is, did listen and reacted sharply – he stopped releasing videos for an entire week, and then ended up releasing one video every few days instead of daily – I (and I believe 90% of yt audience) was used to a daily dose of linus (maybe I should subscribe to floatplane?), but then I realised that now the videos are a bit different, the wan show now has a "mute linus" button and they are less frequent and to be honest, I see how linus is not entirely honest (rarely, but yes) trying to not accidentally repeat the thing from before. This is sad. This made me feel like my life is empty, in the past I had linus on a daily basis, but now I had him once every 3-4 days, which creates vacuum in my heart xd. But jokes aside, linus has signifcantly changed his production because of an outcry caused by 10% of his audience and fuelled mostly by his competition. And look, it is always nice to analyse critique, but taking it so seriously and implementing such intense changes is a bit "too much" in my opionion, which is why I'm writing this post, and I was hoping to write this in a long time. And I was going to consider it a mistake, since losing like two thirds of the content supply just for the sake of 10% accuracy increase that 90% of the audience don't even care (I mean, they show the graphs for like 3 seconds, do you even read them?). However, recently I noticed more frequent uploads (I think he uploaded a lot of videos in the past few days compared to past weeks), and I think he is restoring production rate to the previous levels, which honestly feels great), and apparently the "temporary" decline in production rate was just part of the process reshape and attempts at improving quality, which hopefully now is more or less in a stage allowing for a daily linus. 
I am not trying to start a discussion, I just wanted to share my opinion on the issue, mainly showing that the loudest 10% don't necessarily represent the 90% audience, and that in my opinion, the reaction was too strong and maybe linus got biased because of the "loud 10%", however, it seems that now the production is back at former levels, which is fine I guess? But still, we (I think I speak for the 90%, but I have no evidence) love linus for linus and the quality of the content was very high quality for youtube – it was more than accurate for our needs. It was not necessary to implement such draconian changes. We just love linus. And we know that Linus loves us. This is why we watch Linus Tech Tips. Because let's be honest, we already know all about the tech we need, we don't need tech tips, we just need linus tip:D 

been a while since i've seen a wall of text this big.

readable version:

Hi everyone, I am not an old LTT viewer, I started watching LTT in 2018-2019, I liked the "honesty" and "simplicity" of the content, I could associate myself with Linus in many ways (before he got the beard and got more self-confident), I still love Linus and he is my virtual friend (because let's admit it, most of us don't have or need real friends because friendship doesn't really work outside of third grade :D). 

I have been quite busy recently, but I have watched the drama unfolding with the whole outcry over some quality issues and them some other stuff. I felt really bad about how intense Linus's reaction to that was. I think everyone understands (I am bad at explaining concepts, sorry) that in a classroom, a bully is the loudest and it will always be heard, no matter what the bully says.

I feel like this was a similar situation – normal consumers, who are the majority, were more than happy with daily uploads and daily LINUS. A small percentage of people, who in my opinion were just looking for a CAUSE to hurt Linus or find an issue with Linus just because of jealousy because let's admit it – once someone gets successful, there is a lot of jealousy from formerly adequate people.

Of course, there is a small partition that actually cares about the discrepancies in the performance graphs or "what he said about that sh*t company that shouldn't exist that makes overpriced sh*t for rich kids". The simple truth is, that not just the majority, but almost everyone watching Linus on youtube watches Linus not for the PRECISE EVALUATION OF A NICHE PRODUCT that should not even exist, but rather for Linus.

I judge by myself - I am not a big "celeb" fan – I don't follow any, but I like Linus, he is like my friend, and when he talks on youtube when I eat, it makes me happy, and I am certain that 90% of the youtube audience is the same – we just like Linus.

Of course, his expertise is relevant and makes the content nice, but this is youtube, it doesn't have to be extremely precise, no-one from the 99% is going to make a decision whether to buy or not that niche product, we just like to see how Linus handles it and how he gives his REASONABLE and correct opinion – unbiased, and actually pretty truthful since he, sure, comes from a first-world country, but he seems to have gone through the same financial struggles most of us went, so he has the same mindset as us, he is like us and he is our friend. I speak for the imaginary 90% of his yt audience, I believe it is true but I obviously have no evidence for this. 

Simply speaking, we watched Linus for the daily dose of Linus, and if there is something useful or interesting – sure, that's fine, but we don't watch Linus to "compare" something before buying – the titles and descriptions don't even describe what has been compared in the videos, lol. 

So we had the issue of the 10% of "bullies" (that is my personal biased opinion, it is obviously not entirely true, but I believe it is mostly true) finding a cause to bug Linus and talk him down, obviously being the loudest ones, and Linus, being who he is, did listen and reacted sharply – he stopped releasing videos for an entire week, and then ended up releasing one video every few days instead of daily – I (and I believe 90% of yt audience) was used to a daily dose of Linus (maybe I should subscribe to floatplane?), but then I realised that now the videos are a bit different, the wan show now has a "mute Linus" button and they are less frequent and to be honest, I see how linus is not entirely honest (rarely, but yes) trying to not accidentally repeat the thing from before.

This is sad. This made me feel like my life is empty, in the past I had Linus on a daily basis, but now I had him once every 3-4 days, which creates vacuum in my heart xd.

But jokes aside, Linus has signifcantly changed his production because of an outcry caused by 10% of his audience and fuelled mostly by his competition.

And look, it is always nice to analyse critique, but taking it so seriously and implementing such intense changes is a bit "too much" in my opionion, which is why I'm writing this post, and I was hoping to write this in a long time. I was going to consider it a mistake, since losing like two thirds of the content supply just for the sake of 10% accuracy increase that 90% of the audience don't even care (I mean, they show the graphs for like 3 seconds, do you even read them?).

However, recently I noticed more frequent uploads (I think he uploaded a lot of videos in the past few days compared to past weeks), and I think he is restoring production rate to the previous levels, which honestly feels great), and apparently the "temporary" decline in production rate was just part of the process reshape and attempts at improving quality, which hopefully now is more or less in a stage allowing for a daily Linus. 

I am not trying to start a discussion, I just wanted to share my opinion on the issue, mainly showing that the loudest 10% don't necessarily represent the 90% audience, and that in my opinion, the reaction was too strong and maybe Linus got biased because of the "loud 10%", however, it seems that now the production is back at former levels, which is fine I guess?

But still, we (I think I speak for the 90%, but I have no evidence) love Linus for Linus and the quality of the content was very high quality for youtube – it was more than accurate for our needs. It was not necessary to implement such draconian changes. We just love Linus. And we know that Linus loves us. This is why we watch Linus Tech Tips. Because let's be honest, we already know all about the tech we need, we don't need tech tips, we just need Linus tip:D 

Holy crap, this is some next-level parasociality, stepping over the line into unhealthy.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Linus isn't your friend. The reason people got upset was because of the allegations and the fact that Linus has tried to portray LTT as a serious company. That comes with responsibilities to be truthful.

1 hour ago, 67388923473 said:

I read the whole thing, and without trying to insult you or belittle you in anyway, I think you need to take it easy when it comes to Linus. He isn't your friend, and you don't owe him anything.

You want to paint Linus as someone that was misunderstood or whatever, but as someone that's been seeing this with Linus for well over a year before it finally got brought to light, the Linus of yesteryear is long gone. The dude has made it crystal clear that money and profit is where his interests lie, and until it exploded in his face he hardly cared about integrity with their reviews, since they would cut into his bottom line if they had to do reshoots.

Also let's not hide the fact that we've still received no updates on the sexual harassment allegations, despite them stating that they will be transparent on this matter. And considering all the things that comes out of Linus' mouth, as well as the jokes and comments regularly made by James Strieb even to this day post-allegations, it's clear that nothing will come of these allegations.

Another thing I want to mention, is how (what I'm interpreting from your post) that it doesn't matter if LTT is accurate with their reviews and testing... WTF kind of logic is that? For a channel with well over 10 million subscribers, with all their other channels having millions each, the need for accuracy couldn't be any greater. Whether you realize it or not, Linus and LMG has the potential to kill off companies or brands due to inaccurate results or spreading of misinformation. And it doesn't help when the big man himself, Linus, gave zero fucks about the inaccuracies since it would cut into their bottom line. The only reason he acts like he gives a fuck now is because his own comments, both on the forums and in videos, have exploded and caused him to lose 100's of thousands of subs across several channels, with everyone seeing him for the kind of person that he's become.

So in conclusion, Linus isn't your friend. You're just someone that helps pay his bills.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

13 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Yeah, I ain't reading all that.

TLDR. We were too mean to Linus, OPs friend that he loves. He mentions twice that Linus is his friend. 
Linus loves us now. 
This all happened because “10%” of the audience was angry about graphs no one reads. 
We don’t actually want quality benchmarks or reviews. We just want Linus. 
The changes to get better benchmarks and reviews were draconian. 
After 3rd grade we don’t have or need friends. So we have Linus. 
But OP isn’t a big “celeb fan”. 

Seriously, next time you’re on the toilet give it a read. Go into thinking it was written by the Onion and you won’t be disappointed. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

9 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

TLDR. We were too mean to Linus, OPs friend that he loves. He mentions twice that Linus is his friend. 
Linus loves us now. 
This all happened because “10%” of the audience was angry about graphs no one reads. 
We don’t actually want quality benchmarks or reviews. We just want Linus. 
The changes to get better benchmarks and reviews were draconian. 
After 3rd grade we don’t have or need friends. So we have Linus. 
But OP isn’t a big “celeb fan”. 

Seriously, next time you’re on the toilet give it a read. Go into thinking it was written by the Onion and you won’t be disappointed. 

The-cuckoos-nest GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Okay, I made it to the part about no one having friends after 3rd grade and stopped.

Dude, you need serious psychiatric help.

8 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Okay, I made it to the part about no one having friends after 3rd grade and stopped.

Dude, you need serious psychiatric help.

No need to be a dick. Who knows what OPs living situation is like.

1 minute ago, Inception9269 said:

I was being serious.  He needs professional help.

6 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

I know the tone feels off, but the issues are not something the forum can address. The most harm reduction way is getting help from people who know how to do harm reduction, as in a professional who has made it their life work to study the literature and put that literature into practice. 

I don't know what OP's living situation has to do with coming to that conclusion. Mental health is for everyone, just like cancer can happen to you regardless of your living situation, and we cant help cancer. 

I was going to make a joke about "phallacy" but this is just sad.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

You could use that wall of text to defend a castle during a seige.......

Regardless of your opinions he owes you nothing and it's the same about if you owe him anything.
He's not your friend or whatever, he's a businessman (No suprise there!) so do expect him to be "Like That" - All about the business, however he wants to handle it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Damn, this post has so many red flags, it puts both the Soviet Union and China to shame. I don't want to be mean here, but I have to agree with the others that you seem to be having some serious problems.

First of all, you never critically examine this baseless notion that there's an overwhelming support for Linus and that this staggering percentage you claim to be a silent majority feels exactly the same about his content as you do. But more importantly it just seems like you really should take a long, hard look at your life and reevaluate, given that the loss of random internet content seems to have seriously impacted your life.

Seriously, unsubscribe from all of LMGs channels for like half a year and use that time to get to grips with your problems. Go out, find friends (no, not everybody here is completely friendless, don't pretend this is true to make yourself feel better about your situation), pick up a hobby, maybe seek some therapy, because this really doesn't sound healthy in the slightest.

There's a reason most people here aren't even picking up on your issues with the criticisms Linus faced over putting his foot in his mouth repeatedly in the months leading up to the break. It's because your implied mental state is extremely worrying to pretty much everyone.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

On 11/22/2023 at 8:24 AM, 67388923473 said:

Hi everyone, I am not an old LTT viewer, I started watching LTT in 2018-2019, I liked the "honesty" and "simplicity" of the content, I could associate myself with linus in many ways (before he got the beard and got more self-confident), I sitll love linus and he is my virtual friend (because let's admit it, most of us don't have or need real friends because friendship doesn't really work outside of third grade :D). 
I have been quite busy recently, but I have watched the drama unfolding with the whole outcry over some quality issues and them some other stuff. I felt really bad about how intense linus's reaction to that was. I think everyone understands (I am bad at explaining concepts, sorry) that in a classroom, a bully is the loudest and it will always be heard, no matter what the bully says. I feel like this was a similar situation – normal consumers, who are the majority, were more than happy with daily uploads and daily LINUS. A small percentage of peopele, who in my opinion were just looking for a CAUSE to hurt linus or find an issue with linus just because of jealousy because let's admit it – once someone gets successful, there is a lot of jealousy from formerly adequate people. Of course, there is a small partition that actually cares about the discrepancies in the performance graphs or "what he said about that sh*t company that shouldn't exist that makes overpriced sh*t for rich kids". The simple truth is, that not just the majority, but almost everyone watching linus on youtube watches linus not for the PRECISE EVALUATION OF A NICHE PRODUCT that should not even exist, but rather for linus. I judge by myself - I am not a big "celeb" fan – I don't follow any, but I like linus, he is like my friend, and when he talks on youtube when I eat, it makes me happy, and I am certain that 90% of the youtube audience is the same – we just like linus, of course, his expertise is relevant and makes the content nice, but this is youtube, it doesn't have to be extremely precise, no-one from the 99% is going to make a decision whether to buy or not that niche product, we just like to see how linus handles it and how he gives his REASONABLE and correct opinion – unbiased, and actually pretty truthful since he, sure, comes from a first-world country, but he seems to have gone through the same financial struggles most of us went, so he has the same mindset as us, he is like us and he is our friend. I speak for the imaginary 90% of his yt audience, I believe it is true but I obviously have no evidence for this. 
Simply speaking, we watched linus for the daily dose of linus, and if there is something useful or interesting – sure, that's fine, but we don't watch linus to "compare" something before buying – the titles and descriptions don't even describe what has been compared in the videos, lol. 
So we had the issue of the 10% of "bullies" (that is my personal biased opinion, it is obviously not entirely true, but I believe it is mostly true) finding a cause to bug linus and talk him down, obviously being the loudest ones, and linus, being who he is, did listen and reacted sharply – he stopped releasing videos for an entire week, and then ended up releasing one video every few days instead of daily – I (and I believe 90% of yt audience) was used to a daily dose of linus (maybe I should subscribe to floatplane?), but then I realised that now the videos are a bit different, the wan show now has a "mute linus" button and they are less frequent and to be honest, I see how linus is not entirely honest (rarely, but yes) trying to not accidentally repeat the thing from before. This is sad. This made me feel like my life is empty, in the past I had linus on a daily basis, but now I had him once every 3-4 days, which creates vacuum in my heart xd. But jokes aside, linus has signifcantly changed his production because of an outcry caused by 10% of his audience and fuelled mostly by his competition. And look, it is always nice to analyse critique, but taking it so seriously and implementing such intense changes is a bit "too much" in my opionion, which is why I'm writing this post, and I was hoping to write this in a long time. And I was going to consider it a mistake, since losing like two thirds of the content supply just for the sake of 10% accuracy increase that 90% of the audience don't even care (I mean, they show the graphs for like 3 seconds, do you even read them?). However, recently I noticed more frequent uploads (I think he uploaded a lot of videos in the past few days compared to past weeks), and I think he is restoring production rate to the previous levels, which honestly feels great), and apparently the "temporary" decline in production rate was just part of the process reshape and attempts at improving quality, which hopefully now is more or less in a stage allowing for a daily linus. 
I am not trying to start a discussion, I just wanted to share my opinion on the issue, mainly showing that the loudest 10% don't necessarily represent the 90% audience, and that in my opinion, the reaction was too strong and maybe linus got biased because of the "loud 10%", however, it seems that now the production is back at former levels, which is fine I guess? But still, we (I think I speak for the 90%, but I have no evidence) love linus for linus and the quality of the content was very high quality for youtube – it was more than accurate for our needs. It was not necessary to implement such draconian changes. We just love linus. And we know that Linus loves us. This is why we watch Linus Tech Tips. Because let's be honest, we already know all about the tech we need, we don't need tech tips, we just need linus tip:D 

So... basically (Thanks for the readable version @Arika , otherwise I wouldn't bother reading)

From what I've read.

You don't care about your friend being a source of misinformation and have reduced standard as long you get your usual frequency of daily dose.

You don't care that your friend lookin like a fool or tyrant or whatever as long you get your usual frequency of daily dose.

I'm not sure if that's how a friend supposed to be like. 🤣

And yes, I agree with the person who sacrificed his/her time to make the readable version.

This is parasocialism in a whole other level.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

OP, I urge you to try to contact a family member (or neighbor or someone you are somewhat comfortable with in the absence of them). I understand your missing an important part of your daily social encounters.

You should try to interact with someone you are a bit comfortable with and just start to open communication. You might brighten their day and yours at the same time.

On 11/22/2023 at 1:28 PM, Inception9269 said:

Also let's not hide the fact that we've still received no updates on the sexual harassment allegations, despite them stating that they will be transparent on this matter.

I think about this every few weeks. I’ve asked here and there on Twitter if that was still happening but never got a response.

Likely not seen, possibly seen and muted 😅

1 hour ago, beeradmoore said:

I think about this every few weeks. I’ve asked here and there on Twitter if that was still happening but never got a response.

Considering Linus and other key members of management are wrapped up in the allegations, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that nothing will come of this. Especially since it's no longer getting covered by anyone, and the majority seems to have moved on and forgot about all that.

Honestly I have no clue how James Strieb still has a job, or at least still has his job (as head of writing, which I would assume is a management position, which would make him someone that Madison would likely encounter). The dude is known for making inappropriate sexual comments, jokes, and remarks. I can definitely see him telling Madison or someone else that they should fuck a coworker.

As someone that's watched LTT and its channels since 2014, and have supported them in more ways than one over all these years (up until around 1-2 years ago), I am no longer a fan of Linus himself, and honestly would have no qualms about seeing him be put in his place. I lost all respect for him earlier this year when that shit show went down. One thing I've been saying for years now is that all the passion has left him, and turning a profit is the only thing he cares about. That's always been a strong feeling that I had, but that fiasco confirmed that to be true. Madison's story being icing on the cake, to where I wouldn't mind seeing him get ousted from the very company that he made (though I know that'll never happen).

On 11/21/2023 at 8:24 PM, 67388923473 said:

(Fixed it up for you, since that wall of text hurts my eyes)

Hello everyone! I am not an old LTT viewer; I started watching LTT in 2018-2019. I was drawn to the "honesty" and "simplicity" of the content. I could relate to Linus in many ways (before he got the beard and became more self-confident). I still love Linus, and he feels like a virtual friend to me. Let's admit it; most of us don't have or need real friends because, honestly, friendship doesn't work the same way outside third grade! 😄

Recently, I've been quite busy, but I've observed the drama unfolding over some quality issues and other matters. I felt terrible about how intense Linus's reaction was to the situation. I think everyone understands (I'm not great at explaining concepts, sorry) that, in a classroom, a bully is the loudest and will always be heard, no matter what they say. I feel like this was a similar situation. The majority of normal consumers were more than happy with daily uploads and seeing Linus regularly.

A small percentage of people, in my opinion, were just looking for a cause to hurt Linus or find an issue with him out of jealousy. Let's admit it; once someone becomes successful, there is a lot of jealousy from formerly adequate people. Of course, there is a small group that genuinely cares about the discrepancies in performance graphs or "what he said about that sht company that shouldn't exist and makes overpriced sht for rich kids."

The simple truth is that not just the majority, but almost everyone watching Linus on YouTube watches him not for the precise evaluation of a niche product that shouldn't even exist, but rather for Linus himself. Speaking for myself, I am not a big "celeb" fan. I don't follow any, but I like Linus; he is like a friend. When he talks on YouTube while I eat, it makes me happy. I'm certain that 90% of the YouTube audience feels the same. We just like Linus. His expertise is relevant and makes the content nice, but this is YouTube; it doesn't have to be extremely precise. No one from the 99% is going to make a decision to buy or not buy that niche product. We just like to see how Linus handles it and gives his reasonable and correct opinion—unbiased and pretty truthful.

I speak for the imaginary 90% of his YouTube audience. I believe it is true, but obviously, I have no evidence for this. Simply speaking, we watch Linus for the daily dose of Linus, and if there is something useful or interesting – sure, that's fine, but we don't watch Linus to "compare" something before buying – the titles and descriptions don't even describe what has been compared in the videos, lol.

So, we had the issue of the 10% of "bullies" (that is my personal-biased opinion, it is obviously not entirely true, but I believe it is mostly true) finding a cause to bug Linus and talk him down, obviously being the loudest ones. Linus, being who he is, did listen and reacted sharply. He stopped releasing videos for an entire week and then ended up releasing one video every few days instead of daily. I (and I believe 90% of the YouTube audience) was used to a daily dose of Linus. Maybe I should subscribe to Floatplane? But then I realized that now the videos are a bit different. The WAN Show now has a "mute Linus" button, they are less frequent, and to be honest, I see how Linus is not entirely honest (rarely, but yes), trying to avoid accidentally repeating things from before. This is sad. It made me feel like my life is empty. In the past, I had Linus on a daily basis, but now I have him once every 3–4 days, which creates a vacuum in my heart. XD. But jokes aside, Linus has significantly changed his production because of an outcry caused by 10% of his audience and fueled mostly by his competition.

And look, it is always nice to analyze critique, but taking it so seriously and implementing such intense changes is a bit "too much" in my opinion, which is why I'm writing this post, and I was hoping to write this for a long time. I was going to consider it a mistake, losing like two-thirds of the content supply just for the sake of a 10% accuracy increase that 90% of the audience doesn't even care about (I mean, they show the graphs for like 3 seconds, do you even read them?).

However, recently, I noticed more frequent uploads (I think he uploaded a lot of videos in the past few days compared to past weeks), and I think he is restoring the production rate to the previous levels, which honestly feels great. Apparently, the "temporary" decline in production rate was just part of the process of reshaping and attempts at improving quality, which hopefully now is more or less in a stage allowing for a daily Linus.

I am not trying to start a discussion; I just wanted to share my opinion on the issue, mainly showing that the loudest 10% don't necessarily represent the 90% audience. In my opinion, the reaction was too strong, and maybe Linus got biased because of the "loud 10%". However, it seems that now the production is back at former levels, which is fine, I guess? But still, we (I think I speak for the 90%, but I have no evidence) love Linus for Linus, and the quality of the content was very high for YouTube. It was more than accurate for our needs. It was not necessary to implement such Draconian changes. We just love Linus. And we know that Linus loves us. This is why we watch Linus Tech Tips. Because, let's be honest, we already know all about the tech we need. We don't need tech tips; we just need Linus tips. 😄

TLDR:  Started watching Linus Tech Tips in 2018-2019 for its honesty and simplicity. Noticed a decline in content frequency due to quality concerns raised by a vocal 10%. Believes the majority, including myself, watch for the daily dose of Linus, not for in-depth product evaluations. Thinks the reaction was too strong, causing unnecessary production changes. Recently observed more frequent uploads, suggesting a return to previous levels. Expresses love for Linus and believes most viewers do too, emphasizing that the 10% does not represent the majority. Concludes that the content was already high-quality and drastic changes were not necessary.

12 hours ago, beeradmoore said:

As someone who took the allegations seriously, I must say in fairness that due to the possible legal ramifications, LMG might be unable to publicly disclose much about the results of the internal investigation. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 hours ago, Middcore said:

As someone who took the allegations seriously, I must say in fairness that due to the possible legal ramifications, LMG might be unable to publicly disclose much about the results of the internal investigation. 

i would be surprised if we get anymore more than:
"The investigation has been completed and appropriate steps have been taking to ensure this doesn't happen again"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 11/21/2023 at 5:24 PM, Guest said:

(because let's admit it, most of us don't have or need real friends because friendship doesn't really work outside of third grade :D)

Bro that's just depressing if you think that

On 11/26/2023 at 4:23 PM, Middcore said:

That's probably true. But that's something they should have thought of before promising everyone that they would give status updates and be completely transparent with the investigation. 

If that's how things end up, then they (once again) over promised and underdelivered. It kind of bothers me when companies gets a ton of praise of "doing the right thing" through promises they then never deliver on. This isn't the first time LMG does this. Make promises when fans gets mad/worried to calm the flames, but then they end up breaking promises down the line. 

On 11/26/2023 at 12:26 PM, Inception9269 said:

Honestly I have no clue how James Strieb still has a job, or at least still has his job (as head of writing, which I would assume is a management position, which would make him someone that Madison would likely encounter). The dude is known for making inappropriate sexual comments, jokes, and remarks.

Quick to judge aren't you? Newsflash: Madison made tonnes of sexual comments and jokes too. Is that not okay for you too?