The All TEMU Gaming Setup

mynameGeoff

Thanks Seasonic for providing us with the most reliable part of this build. Check out their GX-750 at https://lmg.gg/seasonicgx750

TEMU came out of nowhere and started advertising everywhere we turn. Let’s find out if we can build a complete gaming setup from their products!

18 minutes ago, ghostcat274 said:

Can i get the desktop wallpaper..?

jwfz9kqesrv41.thumb.jpg.87b5446b7789a7bd13b3304d59673d27.jpg

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I feel like a warning about the scummy and sketchy business practices of TEMU should have been included, especially in the pinned comment with the links. Their app is super preditory, and there's tons of sketchy things going on with them in general. 

26 minutes ago, Eragonnogare said:

I feel like a warning about the scummy and sketchy business practices of TEMU should have been included, especially in the pinned comment with the links. Their app is super preditory, and there's tons of sketchy things going on with them in general. 

Agreed, 2 minutes in and not a single mention of the pyramid scheme practices that TEMU promotes.

Never heard of Temu until this video popped up. Sounds like another Wish or Aliexpress

36 minutes ago, 10leej said:

I'm requesting distributions rights for the image @LMGcommunity can you assist with this?

well here is the original artist...

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

From what I know JEYI is not TEMU exclusive. they sell on aliexpress as well, and many more things than just a PCI-E adapter, and DDR heatsinks.

They are a brand that makes decent quality generic components/addons

Temu for me is more expensive than Aliexpress [even the choice stores], so I prefer Aliexpress choice stores over Temu.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Long story short: except speakers and headsets (if you like the look)... ewwww.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Don't like TEMU. My mother orders from them, and my god, are they just nutty. Promises of refunds(site credit in the  fine print) of it not delivered by exact date. She gets spam text messages and emails from them constantly now. They have very scammy pop ups, sales tatics you see on those other scam sites, flash sales that have a timer that resets. Upsells, limited time thing, etc.  

My mother has gotten all her orders, one was even a day late and they did give her a $5 store credit, but how is that sustainable bussiness model.

The stuff ships from China and then is delivered via USPS. always wrapped in white/orange plastic wrap, never a box.

The items she has gotten, mostly dog things, plushies, or figures, are surprisingly decent quality though. 

Predatory, spamming credits and coupon codes, getting you to keep going back and buying more and more.

Temu somehow made themselves worse than aliexpress, they are hated in China and at least one of their apps got taken down on google for excessive telemetry 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

This is a good example of a video that IMHO didn’t have a satisfying ending. 

We’re teased about the DRAM-less cache, multiple times about CPU temps and none of it is explored. Just welp not enough RAM and cut. 

like we can’t fire up a different game and see it choke?  Bonus would’ve been trying a regular cooler and seeing if case otherwise handled it. 

(Obviously not expecting high quality labs data here. )

11 hours ago, Eragonnogare said:

There’s also a good chance these goods were made with forced labor: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65990529.amp

Whether that includes PC parts I’m unsure. Personally, I don’t think they should include links to them at all.

I hate these e-commerce platforms that just peddle shit to oblivious uninterested people. They have terrible business practices and are just pushing consumerism to a whole new high. So much garbage come from exactly these business models.

Wish was a joke and everyone laughed... But everyone also kept making CONTENT surrounding it and the "joke" has been on anyone but them, they get HUGE free publicity and now the same is happening.

Sad to see LTT use their platform to keep these guys in the public eye and consciousness... Just what makes them so successful. It doesn't matter that you detail what's good and what isn't. The thumbnail alone gives them a level of "genuineness" and authenticity as a Brand. Same as Wish..

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

I would be very careful around TEMU I have heard several reports of spurious transactions on the credit cards after buying from TEMU. I'm not sure if it is their website or their payment processor. Keep an eye on your credit card accounts after purchasing from TEMU.

Guys, am I missing something here or is this text in the screenshot reversed in error? After the recent backlash over quality, a video with an obvious error within days of resuming uploads is an extraordinarily bad look.

Screenshot_20230904-082544_YouTube.png

I'd bet it's not... "an error".

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

8 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

At 8:33 the on screen text is mirrored not readable. 

1 minute ago, Kagan said:

Guys, am I missing something here or is this text in the screenshot reversed in error? After the recent backlash over quality, a video with an obvious error within days of resuming uploads is an extraordinarily bad look.

It's meant to be the text that Linus is reading from the teleprompter. It's correct for his point of view looking towards the camera. At that point in the video he mentioned reading the price for one of the products off the teleprompter. 

I'm surprised so many people didn't get the joke, but disappointed with how little faith they have immediately assuming it must be a mistake. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Joking on video quality with these "stunts", IMVHO, is walking a thin line.

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

but disappointed with how little faith they have immediately assuming it must be a mistake

I mean no one else to blame here but Linus on that one. I did laughed at it and get the joke immediately in context, but considering what we just got through it is kind of a bad taste. Imagine if Bon Appetit decided to make a joke on the expense of Brad Leone post Rappoport expose.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I must have missed it, how much was the whole PC setup in total? Was it at least cheap?