mainly cloudflare but other things

crostiger

Browser, version and OS: firefox 116.0.2 windows 10 pro 64bit

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? Happens when refreshing the page.

What happened? So some times I get a cloudflare window that pops up and is verifing secure connection and asks if I am human and it will come back but not every time. And also some times when refreshing I get a we have to resend data everything that was done in the past will be done again window. This seemed to start when there was an outage the other day.

the message I get is To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

What did you expect to happen? just the site to refresh.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: https://linustechtips.com/ not every time thow.

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page? unkown

Forum was under attack last night, nothing abnormal.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yesterday there was just too much traffic, so forum was placed in performance mode. Today confirmed DDoS, besides still high influx of traffic.

If you see the checking, everything is good. If you get errords, report those.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Forum was under attack last night, nothing abnormal.

So it should be better because it is still continuing today within the last hour.

3 minutes ago, crostiger said:

So it should be better because it is still continuing today within the last hour.

Lots of users getting on and registering due to the current controversy regarding the apology video and Madison's reasons for leaving LMG on this thread: 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

45 minutes ago, crostiger said:

had to turn on mine due to reddit mob....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

1 hour ago, crostiger said:

The performance mode is turned off if the traffic goes down. Currently probably kept mostly on.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Both days were Ddos attacks.

If you're having trouble with cloudflare prompting too much, make sure you're accepting cookies, and you could consider installing https://privacypass.github.io/ - I can't guarantee that it will help (especially as it may only work when you get the verification interstatial), but it might be worth a try if it is problematic.

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Both days were Ddos attacks.

If you're having trouble with cloudflare prompting too much, make sure you're accepting cookies, and you could consider installing https://privacypass.github.io/ - I can't guarantee that it will help (especially as it may only work when you get the verification interstatial), but it might be worth a try if it is problematic.

Does Cloud Flare automatically move to the checking your connection middle-man style page when heavy load is induced (or whatever other reason), or do you manually flip that on? 

Breaking things 1 day at a time

10 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Does Cloud Flare automatically move to the checking your connection middle-man style page when heavy load is induced (or whatever other reason), or do you manually flip that on? 

Both - We can force the check for every session, or it can be set to only do it if the risk score is high enough, which will prompt a JS or CAPTCHA check.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:00 AM, LogicalDrm said:

so forum was placed in performance mode.

What is “performance mode”?

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

14 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

What is “performance mode”?

Filtering traffic and/or limiting less important forum functions to improve loading times. I use it for both. This was just for traffic. Last time the other was used was physical hardware failure at datacenter.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv