Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

7 minutes ago, VicBar said:

I agree on waiting, but in case of abuse you tend to try to listen to the alleged abused. Like if police didn't believe victims off-the-bat they wouldn't do anything about it.

agreed which is why I don’t just say she’s lying.  

True about not sentencing anyone until there is more info but that guy saying "I've seen women lie before" is exactly the kind of attitude that keeps marginalized group scared from coming forward.

I’ve seen all humans lie before for their own benefit so I won’t discount it or say it’s true based on anything I’ve seen, especially not their gender. (Not saying she’s lying, also not saying she isn’t)

I for one think that the Madison thing will take much longer than this one week pause. I'm not holding my breath for an answer just yet. But seeing the work culture at LMG her allegations just ring true... Still, I'm not calling for an execution, just for them to do better. No?

Agreed, they need to fix and do better, I just want the actual problems fixed not the ones we all assume need to be.  If we want the truth about Madison it WILL take more than a week to be able to get everyone’s stories, try to cross reference them, check against things like security cottage (if it exists), etc when dealing with that many people and wanting to not miss something or make a mistake.

id personally not be too surprised if we never find out the final result and it gets settled out of court with an NDA or the like.   It would make me upset not knowing but it’s not like I have a right to know the outcome 

19 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Made up their mind about what?

This framing you have built around the situation, what are you actually trying to say?

A group can always... do better.

The situation is over. That's all I'm saying.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 hour ago, ReallyThough said:

Yeah that's been my experience also at a few different places. I was the one that ended up leaving.

Almost any factory I worked in was like this, a lot of managers talking a big game, but basically if you didn't like sports and drugs/alcohol you were an outlier and were treated like shit.

Of the 25 or so people in my recruiting group that got hired, only 3 were left after 6 months. That's insane turnover. New faces almost all the time.

I honestly cannot see anyone at LMG just walking up to somebody and calling them a "faggot". People who do that, who genuinely treat people like that, really stand out.

And as I mentioned before, I've personally witnessed coworkers touch each other in a consensual way, and then have one of them outright accuse the other of inappropriate touching.

Yes it did happen, just like they said.

Yes it was inappropriate.

But both parties participated and it's not right to take those moments out of context to get what you want.

Agreed. I left this thread for a couple days and it's actually gotten a lot better.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:11 AM, Drazil100 said:

She isn't a random woman. I recognize the handle from before she was hired. This is her 

Hmm, one thing I notice as I re-watch this video is that Madison makes unprompted crass jokes. E.g. "I'm a sexy little baby." 

I wonder if she continued that behavior when she was employed at LMG? 

Just now, ModernAmericanPro said:

Hmm, one thing I notice as I re-watch this video is that Madison makes unprompted crass jokes. E.g. "I'm a sexy little baby." 

Regardless of if she did or didn’t doesn’t matter. What matters is whether people respect you when you ask them to stop. The allegation’s are far worse than some crass jokes though so I hardly think it matters. 

maybe it its one of the 162 (now ) pages but does LMG have a external confidant/person of trust?

14 minutes ago, ModernAmericanPro said:

Does not matter if the behavior did or did not. It literally has ZERO to do with anything. 
A person wearing a skirt is not, and never is "asking for it"
A person who makes a sexual joke is not and is never "asking for it"

Consent can be taken away, and when it does, it's not there anymore. A joke you make with a friend is different than a joke you make with a different group of friends.

There is NO such thing as asking for it other than, literally asking for it. 

35 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Does not matter if the behavior did or did not. It literally has ZERO to do with anything. 

Consent can be taken away, and when it does, it's not there anymore. A joke you make with a friend is different than a joke you make with a different group of friends.

I never said that any assault on Madison was justified. I agree with you regarding physical assault (which Madison does allege).

However she also alleges crass language toward her. IF she initiated the crass language, and IF that language provoked in-kind replies that she is now complaining about, then she does bear some responsibility for that language. The analogy might be her wearing a skirt and then complaining when her friend starts wearing a similar skirt.

We don’t know what happened. We know what Madison says happened. Before we crucify LMG, or Madison, or anyone else, we should hear the rest of the story. The video could show a bit of the other side… idk. 

On 8/20/2023 at 3:40 PM, AHPanda said:

Well, I think you should call everyone that and see how long it takes for you to be beaten blue.

Bruh, already do, we call each other that and a million other things. It's called a healthy working environment. It's how men talk with each other. You know the saying, guys fake insult each other while girls fake complement each other. Don't trust a man who hasn't called you a slur at least once. 

On 8/20/2023 at 5:02 PM, RoseLuck462 said:

Your workplace sounds pretty toxic ngl

You've clearly never worked in a toxic environment. But TIL everyone talking like friends and being chummy is toxic. No wonder this thread is so ape.

Anyone else curious how many people will be watching WAN show on Friday? I would think 30k+ at least but who knows. I guess some people do have lives and it is a Friday night. But I would think a bunch of people are going to want to see how Linus handles this. What do you guys think? 

2 hours ago, ModernAmericanPro said:

Yeah that's interesting. There's 2 sides to every story. I've been wondering since I read her Twitter thread why she's so specific about people being mean and extremely vague when she mentions the serious allegations. 

Until someone else comes out and backs up her claims then this is just a claim from one persons point of view. 

13 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Well I think it's also important to note that many of the things like SH and SA are things that females face more in the tech world; and in essentially a club filled with guys (it shouldn't be it is).  As such, when the majority of people you see happen to be males; you wouldn't necessarily know whether or not it's toxic or not (and to an extent some females are also okay with some type of lewd type of humor, there was someone in my work where she would be the one who starts the jokes like that...but a lot of the time it's not).

I’d imagine there is also substantial pressure to partake in such humor, if for nothing else but to fit in, even if lines get crossed. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

8 hours ago, ModernAmericanPro said:

If you wanna say she deserved it, just say it directly instead of trying to be coy about your disgusting views.

5 hours ago, NavyEmt said:

Until someone else comes out and backs up her claims then this is just a claim from one persons point of view. 

Multiple people have backed her up.

5 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

Multiple people have backed her up.

Not that I'm saying I don't believe that but can we see that somewhere, somehow? 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

8 hours ago, ModernAmericanPro said:

She has multiple tweets of her talking about wildly sexual things. Like fisting and all sorts of other stuff. I can't find a link because it's unsearchable at this point or she has since deleted them, but there are images on reddit somewhere. 

12 hours ago, starsmine said:

Made up their mind about what?

If the public hears about such allegations, most people lose interest about the whole situation BEFORE there is a real verdict that is made in court for example. And because of that, even if the allegations turn out to be wrong, most people who heard about them will not hear that they're wrong. With stuff like this, allegations can completely ruin someone even if they're proven wrong.

So in Twitter's mind LTT and Linus already are abusers and no matter how it will turn out, most people will either stick with their own narrative because they like it more or don't care long enough to ever hear the truth.

Whoever is in the wrong should be persecuted. If you're throwing around stuff like this, you better have proof to back it up. Chances are very high that LMG will go after them with a defamation lawsuit. They probably already lost huge amounts of money due to the GN video and Madison's claims just because of sponsors jumping ship.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 hours ago, Drazil100 said:

Regardless of if she did or didn’t doesn’t matter. What matters is whether people respect you when you ask them to stop. The allegation’s are far worse than some crass jokes though so I hardly think it matters. 

What did change as a result of her previous association was her probation was handled differently compared to other employees. I have watched the Ian Cutress video and posted this

I will admit that I questioned Madisons timing but having gone through the reasons and situation she was put in it became clear. There are two points. She was dumped in to a new role in the company when it appeared she was probably unsuited and unsupported to achieve what it was expected. However her details of treatment is awful, not the least of her bait and switch contract offer before she even started as it was clear she wanted to continue streaming while working at LMG and if the board as it was then were aware of this then it becomes a whole lot more serious especially if the concerns were made and not addressed at the time. I hope this does result in retrospective action against anyone involved however I am not sure what action that will look like, I am not sure what resolution she would want from this and I am wondering if she has thought that far ahead.

1 hour ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

If you wanna say she deserved it, just say it directly instead of trying to be coy about your disgusting views.

I don’t have a view for you to be disgusted by. The question at hand isn’t whether she deserved what she alleges, because of course she didn’t. 

The question is whether she is being honest about what happened. I am waiting to hear both sides and I am observing the small amount of evidence that is available so far. Given that this happened a while ago, and given the nature of the allegations, the evidence will be scant. 

The evidence that I have seen so far is Madison’s statement, another former employee stating that her story hasn’t changed much over time (makes her more credible), and this video where she is the one making inappropriate jokes. 

Again, if all of her allegations are true, then she didn’t deserve it. 

17 hours ago, creat0r said:

Not to argue against you, but how many female faces has been there for many years besides Yvonne and Sarah? Even if it's a few more, the percentage of women with long careers in LMG is probably not a lot.

I think this has more to do with the industry. Women on average just aren't as interested in technology and computers as men are, so it's probably much harder to find a tech-savvy woman to work at a company like LMG, and they probably aren't as interested in sticking around for a long time as guys are.

If women were leaving LMG because of sexual harassment or were otherwise treated badly due to their sex, I believe we would've heard a lot more about it by now (LMG is pretty high-profile and there's a lot of very public backlash about this sort of stuff for companies like Activision Blizzard). Also, while I obviously don't know Linus and Yvonne personally and can't say for sure what their actual values are, I'm of the opinion that the two of them would never allow something like this to go on under their noses.

In any case, I hate how these allegations have been publicly thrown out there via twitter, instead of going through proper channels. I hope the truth comes to light soon.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

11 hours ago, starsmine said:

Wow this analogy got massacred.

Was Linus asking for it then?

Can he claim sexual harassment and call the authorities because she repeatedly told him sex jokes?

So we have 0 evidence anyone told/discussed sex jokes/topics at Madison, while we have dozens of videographed instances wherr she told sex jokes to coworkers.

How come you claim she is the one who got sexually harassed?