Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

13 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Let me pull out the part for you
unwanted

let me repeat this for you
unwanted

Let me stress this for you
UNWANTED

Ok this is progress,

How do we know if her jokes were not unwanted, did she ask for consent? Or Linus was asking for it? (this is your way of thinking BTW, I'm not being obtuse, just using your frame of reference).

If Anyone on the team complained about MADISON making unwanted sexual jokes, then yes, she needs to be corrected to. BUT NO ONE HAS CLAIMED THAT. So again, why are you bringing it up as evidence?

And you give kind of answer here, so if Linus came today and said he was uncomfortable when he heard those jokes would this make her a sexual harasser?

I'm bringing it up so we make a fine line on what constitutes a sexual harasser without implicating her. Already told you this, like 5 times.

They are not doing a criminal investigation
Harassment does not have to be addressed in the criminal courts.
Criminality literally has zero to do with what is going on until the point that it does.... which is not today.

Toxic workplace environments are not criminal, they are toxic. Can some be criminal? sure we are not talking about that. 

Dog whistling and catcalling, for example, is sexual harassment, you don't go to prison over that usually. even with proof. 

Are you serious, she doesn't just allege 'toxic' environment she alleges sexual harassment up to sexual abuse (She was grabbed multiple times). Those are criminal offenses.

And the only way guilty people don't go to jail is by suspended sentence, which doesn't make them innocent of the crime.

So again, are you or are you not claiming guilty until proven innocent in her criminal allegations?

42 minutes ago, starsmine said:

So stop bringing up the fact she made jokes. It's not relevant, it's not evidence of ANYTHING involving her claims.

So I have to ask, What is your purpose to bring up the fact she made jokes on camera? I am the one who talked about it Explicitly WHAT are you trying to imply? nothing more than it doesn t serve her case Is there any reason that you keep bringing it up? yeah why do you keep bringing this up (not talking about you starsmine) i was saying that unfortunately some stupid people would take her "build my pc" video as a testimony that she was alright but don t . obviously a lot has happen since then . a lot ...As far as I can tell, there is one singular reason to bring it up. You say I'm straw-manning this, what POSSIBLE other explanation do you have for bringing it up?

When you bring something up as evidence, you make the claim it implies or informs something. i didn t say it was evidence just to be clear

Be explicit about what you think that something is for the crowd. 

As for the second point. You are a strawmaning here, no one is asking for or looking for an execution. We have this weird grey issue of harassment is a SERIOUS issue that needs to be taken seriously, but holy fucking shit it's not a damnable offense, it's a learning opportunity. I don't want this to come off as minimizing harassment in any way, it NEEDS to be addressed, it does not mean lynching a person. For a company's culture, that means addressing the issue however it needs to be addressed so it does not happen again. Heads do not by definition need to roll. ok we are on the same page

Yes if I was accused of harassment or assault, I would tell you to kick dirt, touch grass and not investigate, anyone who makes a real accusation of such a thing deserves to be heard and listened to, not to be dismissed. (yes I have been in the middle of wrongful Title IX accusations, I am aware of how much the whole thing sucks major ass, and do not wish that experience on anyone) I have been too , and like you said it sucks ass because you question yourself a lot. it took a good turn for me because she finally said she was lying to get attention and i didnt go through anything even if i was really hurt... 

Main

Windows 11 home

Gigabyte aorus b450 M

Ryzen 3600X

2 X 8G DDR4 3200mhz Crucial ballistix

Coolermaster Hyper 212

500g nvme Crucial P4+

2T HDD

Laptop

Chrome OS Flex + Debian enabled

HP Probook 655 G3

Amd A10

2 x 4G DDR3L 1600mhz

128 g M2 sata

500G hhd

Nas

Truenas Scale

Lenovo M720S SFF

I5 6400

500g nvme Crucial P4+

6 x 2T HDDs

Mobile

Google pixel 7

just to start from scratch.

She made a video with Linus for a pc build.

There was some sex jokes and she gave him a hard time 🤣

the video was entertaining and to be honest a lot because of her , Linus was not very responsive on this one , she owned the show 🤣

Of course she shouldn t be judged on what she said during this video or maybe she should be judged as a very funny and entertaining person. i really enjoyed it

Unfortunately some stupid people will judge her on what she said , but we can't do nothing about it.

I just really hope she is doing ok because coming out whith this must have been very difficult and I m sure she would like to see the end of it. 

Main

Windows 11 home

Gigabyte aorus b450 M

Ryzen 3600X

2 X 8G DDR4 3200mhz Crucial ballistix

Coolermaster Hyper 212

500g nvme Crucial P4+

2T HDD

Laptop

Chrome OS Flex + Debian enabled

HP Probook 655 G3

Amd A10

2 x 4G DDR3L 1600mhz

128 g M2 sata

500G hhd

Nas

Truenas Scale

Lenovo M720S SFF

I5 6400

500g nvme Crucial P4+

6 x 2T HDDs

Mobile

Google pixel 7

59 minutes ago, Someona said:

How do we know if her jokes were not unwanted, did she ask for consent? Or Linus was asking for it? (this is your way of thinking BTW, I'm not being obtuse, just using your frame of reference).

I would think Linus, as star of that video, CEO of the company, and primary custodian of the LMG brand, would not allow the publication of a video that contained jokes he was uncomfortable with, especially so if he considered them to be to the point of harassment. He had full power to say let's do another take, or let's edit that part out. And he can't exactly claim no knowledge of it, because he was the presenter in the video.

So sure, nobody except Linus can ever truly know how he felt in that moment. But I think there's an incredibly strong argument to be made that, if he felt harassed by it, he had ways of addressing it that would preclude them being featured in a sponsored piece of content.

1 hour ago, starsmine said:

Let me pull out the part for you
unwanted

let me repeat this for you
unwanted

Let me stress this for you
UNWANTED

The fact that she made sex jokes on camera, or even in person in certain contexts does not mean she can not receive unwanted and unappreciated sex jokes.

This is why a lot of companies don't want any sex jokes at all, even if no one minds. 

If she can make sex jokes and no one cares but then another makes a sex joke and she says she objects to it, that can create a problem in and of itself. 

Why would you allow one person to do it but not others? 

Hiring Madison was always going to be a mistake.  Many of us saw this from miles off.

We're we omnipotent and see that something potentially this serious would happen?  No, but we certainly knew it was a very real possibility.

I'm not surprised in the slightest.  I was extremely surprised that they hired her.

2 hours ago, starsmine said:

So stop bringing up the fact she made jokes. It's not relevant, it's not evidence of ANYTHING involving her claims.

So I have to ask, What is your purpose to bring up the fact she made jokes on camera? Explicitly WHAT are you trying to imply? Is there any reason that you keep bringing it up? As far as I can tell, there is one singular reason to bring it up. You say I'm straw-manning this, what POSSIBLE other explanation do you have for bringing it up?

When you bring something up as evidence, you make the claim it implies or informs something. 

Be explicit about what you think that something is for the crowd. 

As for the second point. You are a strawmaning here, no one is asking for or looking for an execution. We have this weird grey issue of harassment is a SERIOUS issue that needs to be taken seriously, but holy fucking shit it's not a damnable offense, it's a learning opportunity. I don't want this to come off as minimizing harassment in any way, it NEEDS to be addressed, it does not mean lynching a person. For a company's culture, that means addressing the issue however it needs to be addressed so it does not happen again. Heads do not by definition need to roll. 

Yes if I was accused of harassment or assault, I would tell you to kick dirt, touch grass and not investigate, anyone who makes a real accusation of such a thing deserves to be heard and listened to, not to be dismissed. (yes I have been in the middle of wrongful Title IX accusations, I am aware of how much the whole thing sucks major ass, and do not wish that experience on anyone)

her making jokes is relevant, how are you so short sited?    At trial it would be used to further the idea she was a willing participant with an ax to grind now/  Or at trial it would be used to show how LMG forced this and scripted it in. 

1 hour ago, Blahx said:

her making jokes is relevant, how are you so short sited?    At trial it would be used to further the idea she was a willing participant with an ax to grind now/  Or at trial it would be used to show how LMG forced this and scripted it in. 

She was not an employee of LMG at that time right? How can she be forced to a script?

I think the whole idea that she is asking for it because of on screen joke or her post is stupid.

The main question should be the context of the sexual harassment that madison said she experience.

If she jokes around with some employee and the alleged sexual jokes coming from the comeback from the other employee then it is valid to consider that if the jokes was justified. I seen many people that have the attitude that they can dish out bad jokes but feel offended when the other side dish back.

Physical touching is bad no matter what. But we also need to know the full context or detail about it.

I think instead of assuming think, it is better to wait for the full investigation

59 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

Physical touching is bad no matter what. But we also need to know the full context or detail about it.

I don't recall her alleging any physical attack. 

Bad enough though if true. 

Just now, m9x3mos said:

I dont follow all her post so I not sure either

8 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

7 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

I dont follow all her post so I not sure either

That is an accusation she has made yes.

So I've been reading this thread. And the one thing I realized is people have no patience for waiting to get answers. Seeing as I don't either I'm joining 😄

I understand victims of abuse should be believed and their accusations taken seriously.
I also understand evidence should be provided for cases likes these. Innocent until proven guilty.

The thing I can't seem to explain to myself is...So let's say all the allegations are proven to be true and she has been holding this in for all this time. So because all of the drama she made a complete 180 and decided to tell everyone now, on twitter?

Speaking from my own experience of beeing abused at work, I would give my left nut not to be involved with anything related to the company that abused me after I finally got to leave. I know that's just me and people deal in different ways...I just can't seem to get the logic behind this. Revenge? Telling your story? Satisfaction?

Keep in mind I am european and we deal with stuff differently. Also is it because LMG is a media thing, is that why she would post on twitter?

Just trying to figure things out. Don't lynch me...

On 8/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, Dazza477 said:

Yeah Madison's Tweets get more and more damning as it goes:

"I was also the one tasked with managing the Only Fans account.
Something I said I didn't want to do.
I had to read comments from people talking about how they wanted to fuck me and my co workers.
I saw peoples dicks, and vagina's.
I said no, and was told only a little longer."

The Only Fans account? What?

Whose OF account are we talking about here? Why would LTT have an OF account? 

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

The Only Fans account? What?

Whose OF account are we talking about here? Why would LTT have an OF account? 

It was a joke account for april mop.

Active only 1 months if not mistaken

Most of the subscribers is LTT fans.

As far as I know no one was informed that she runs the account at that time

2 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

There will be a day when you will be unpleasantly surprised to learn that a testimony is evidence...

Legally under oath, yeah, where if you lie it's a crime by itself,

But more importantly evidence is just information pointing whether a proposition is true or not, it can be sufficient/insufficient and basically totally insignificant, hence why I even note  'serious' evidence is needed there because it seems when I ask for 'evidence' many of you fail to understand I'm implying significant evidence is needed.

7 hours ago, Cooldoe said:

She was not an employee of LMG at that time right? How can she be forced to a script?

I think the whole idea that she is asking for it because of on screen joke or her post is stupid.

The main question should be the context of the sexual harassment that madison said she experience.

If she jokes around with some employee and the alleged sexual jokes coming from the comeback from the other employee then it is valid to consider that if the jokes was justified. I seen many people that have the attitude that they can dish out bad jokes but feel offended when the other side dish back.

I think instead of assuming think, it is better to wait for the full investigation

"Read the script or you don't make a video"  

I feel like there are some odd opinions going around in circles here lately.

Medison is saying sexually ambiguous things, but that doesn't lead to saying sexually ambiguous things to her is justified.

But the LTT video was produced and released by employees under Linus' supervision.

They surely have an internal problem because they allow sexually ambiguous language and behavior.

So the conclusion was reached.
Really?

English is not my first language, and grammatical errors do exist.

Recent upgrade:CPU:AMD 5600 out AMD 7600 in, MB:ROG B450-F out MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI in,

Memory:16gX2 3200mhz out 16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz in,

DESKTOP:

CPU:AMD 7600,GPU:TUF 4090 OG OC,MB:MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI,Memory:16gX2 Acer Vesta II 6000MHz,Storage:2TB sn850+7.68TB CD6+4TB Acer GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

Case:P400A,PSU:Cooler Master V850 Gold V2,CPU cooler:assassin spirit 120,Monitor:MSI MAG274QRF-QD+neo g7+AOC CU34G2XP,

Mouse:G PRO,Keyboard:G915 TKL,

MOBILE:

LAPTOP:thinkbook 14+(7840H+32G ram),Mouse:MX anywhere 2s,4TB GM7000 with thunderbolt SSD enclosure,

IPAD:PRO12.9 (M1+16GB RAM)

PHONE:iphone 14 pro,oppo find N3.DAP:sony zx100, sony zx507.

AUDIO:

wireless:airpods pro2,sony xm4,

wired:jvc fx1100,audio technica IM02,audio technica IM04,sony mdr-1a,

NAS:

CPU:i5 4690,MB:asus z97-k,Memory:8gX2 ddr3,Storage:250GB ssdX2 raid for boot,10X10TB HDD raid z2,HBA card, 2.5g NIC,

1 hour ago, Blahx said:

Except she is a contest winner. There is no video without her

2 hours ago, Blahx said:

You sincerely believe this is plausible? Linus now personally orders and fact checks the words used in each of the 20,000 videos uploaded.

Just watched Tech YES City video on LTT and his experiences with Linus.  Seems to confirm that on or off camera Linus is just a giant A Hole if you're not in his circle.  Not uncommon for a spoiled rich brat.  Not a big fan of TYC because no matter what he does he has to slide in his opinions on economics, but he at least seems like a "real" person.

1 hour ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

tgnon.jpg

you forgot cowboy, astronaut and your moms "lover"

8 hours ago, The Muc said:

The thing I can't seem to explain to myself is...So let's say all the allegations are proven to be true and she has been holding this in for all this time. So because all of the drama she made a complete 180 and decided to tell everyone now, on twitter?

Everyone deals with trauma differently.  There is no one-size-fits-all reaction to being abused.

Look at the Catholic Church situation.  Some people didn't come out for decades to tell their stories.

Her response to it is just as valid as yours.

19 hours ago, Cooldoe said:

They are both under Canada Labour law that have more protection on labour

As many have pointed out, she can contact the authority on this if she wanted to and there would resources provided for her to do so

It's not just money though, it's also so much time and energy being put towards fighting a former employer that it's reasonable to just want to put the experience behind you and move forward with your life and not bothering to fight that fight or prove a case that may not have any witnesses other than the perpetrators. No amount of resources provided by the Canadian and provincial governments can change that reality. So it's understandable that she might not want to pursue repercussions or remediation.

Empathy needs to be where we start with conversations like this. Not distrust