Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

2 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Shes been quiet since she posted the bombshells.  she may be actually be partipating in the investigation. 

i dont think money is her motivation as she stayed silent for two years and never sued.

Oh yeah, I agree.

But I can't discount the possibility of her just wanting revenge or something, even if I don't believe that to be the case at all.
At most, I'd say she wasn't ready for what LMG demanded (which we know is a lot, being a fast-growing company and all), wasn't in her best mental health (and I speak from experience, I've not been well lately, and sometimes make a mountain of a molehill, or take any small thing as a personal slight) and didn't take certain jokes or actions as they were intended, or misunderstood certain things (which I think is a better possibility than revenge)

But that is what the investigation is for, to try and uncover the truth, and what needs to be addressed inside the company.

I will trust her accusations, as she has not much to gain from them other than ruining LMG's reputation, but until the end of the investigation, I will remain sceptical, and then I will do what I feel is right depending on the facts presented, and how both parties handle that.

These are serious accusations, and I am happy that LMG seems to be doing what is right, and investigating both internally and with the help of external companies.

29 minutes ago, wasab said:

Okay. Just make sure you don't do this on job interviews when asked why you left your previous job. Future employers and interviewers rarely take this positively and generally will just automatically assume you are the problem. 

I enjoy my current job and have a great work environment.

I am good. No worries here.

If you have worked for a number years, you will have seen managers who can not manage staff effectively do similar things to harrass and make environment so toxic the person quits.

Theres a number of reasons to do this over firing; severance and unemployment benefits to name a few.

45 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

I enjoy my current job and have a great work environment.

I am good. No worries here.

well, I would hope you would share the sentiments if you happened to be in Madison's shoes. I simply find bad-mouthing to be very petty and unprofessional regardless of which side this is. do it on sites like Glassdoor in which you can be anonymous at least if you have to do it. 

i am also pretty sure the rest of the people here are just interested in this for the drama value as well. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

well, I would hope you would share the sentiments if you happened to be in Madison's shoes. I simply find bad mounting to be very petty and unprofessional regardless of which side this is. do it on sites like Glassdoor in which you can be anonymous at least if you have to do it. 

I dont know what i would do in her shoes. 

i have a union where i work. Id probably go there. Unfortunately linus doesnt think LMG needs a union.

1 hour ago, Mertrodome said:

You really don't see the irony in this, do you? 😂

I think everyone does but you, Doc. 

45 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

Linus isnt the victim.

Its the person whos claiming the sexual harrassment.

Unless there's proof (and there isn't) they're just an alleged victim. So you're writing libel.

1 minute ago, Someona said:

Unless there's proof they're just an alleged victim.

Objectively, Linus is the victim. She’s defaming him and his business. 

1 minute ago, vorg.eth said:

Objectively, Linus is the victim. She’s defaming him and his business. 

That needs proof on its own.

58 minutes ago, wasab said:

I really don't understand why she owes anyone an explanation why she quit her job. Whether it is on her terms or not, whether it is due to toxicity or benign reasons such as career growth or not, it is not in her best interest to be bad mouthing a former employer. 

Same thing for an employer as well. It is very unprofessional for an employer to bad mouth a former employee. Besides being distasteful, they can easily get hit with defamation lawsuits. 

It’s simple. She’s publicly slandering her employer 2 years after the fact during an opportunistic moment created by some kickstarter that didn’t like the LTT review. 

Her timing is sus, she’s publicly admitted to clinically irrational behavior re: her job, she has provided zero proof, she is operating solely on twitter instead of any legal course, and her former coworkers have corroborated her underperformance. 

It’s sad we live in a time where minority mobs can force their will onto the majority. 

The abhorrent folks supporting Madison despite all the evidence she is just in this to cause controversy and pump her internet persona is disheartening but a sign of the times.

8 minutes ago, Someona said:

That needs proof on its own.

Agreed. Make Suop testify in a court. 

5 minutes ago, vorg.eth said:

I think everyone does but you, Doc. 

Aight one last time. She wrote that she self-harmed. You then guessed at what else that means and presented it as fact. I called you out on those being guesses because, like me, you don't know her, don't have access to her history, and aren't qualified anyway.

The only difference is that you're asserting that her admission of self-harm means she's also suffering from delusions and psychosis, and I'm not.

<quoted comment deleted>

I didn't say it was healthy, or normal, or anything like it. In fact I'm pretty sure I said it was serious and alarming. All I did is call you out when you started guessing she had several other mental health disorders and acting like anyone should take you remotely seriously for it.

Edited by Spotty

32 minutes ago, vorg.eth said:

It’s simple. She’s publicly slandering her employer 2 years after the fact during an opportunistic moment created by some kickstarter that didn’t like the LTT review. 

Her timing is sus, she’s publicly admitted to clinically irrational behavior re: her job, she has provided zero proof, she is operating solely on twitter instead of any legal course, and her former coworkers have corroborated her underperformance. 

It’s sad we live in a time where minority mobs can force their will onto the majority. 

The abhorrent folks supporting Madison despite all the evidence she is just in this to cause controversy and pump her internet persona is disheartening but a sign of the times.

Her. timing. Is. NOT. sus.

She had an influx of people contacting her that she did not want. She has been hounded with people asking about her experience at LTT ever since she left and she has tried to dodge those. But all of the sudden LTT DRAMA. people be like, oooooh I know where I can get more drama. and went at her. 

When you have the option to give people the benefit of the doubt and give them a charitable reading. give them the benefit of the doubt and a charitable reading.

Stop attributing malice when there may not be any. People are not usually... malicious. 

4 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Her. timing. Is. NOT. sus.

Lol at the high and mighty attitude, but I give credit where credit is due. Although Colin does not have first hand knowledge of her accusations, he did say that she had the same story back then, so it's not something she just invented last week. I think we can agree that timing is irrelevant. At dispute is whether her accusations are true, false, exaggerated, or misunderstood. Like had been said before, time will tell.

Seeing as how she said there's multiple instances of sexual harassment and being belittled by the upper management, cant she not at least voice record or record the moment.
I mean you've experienced it many times, why not record for proof.

And also that workload thing about social media, i do understand it might not take a few minutes like others may say, but you're working in a high profile KOL company. U can't expect not to be able to do those.

And weirdly, why is she the only one having these issues when there are dozen other female employees there.

9 hours ago, tech.guru said:

People who like linus videos and dont care if the workplace is toxic since they dont work there.

Everyone should care about having a healthy workplace environment, whether they work there or not.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

On 8/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, hmfaysal said:

How do people call dogshit then? Whats the best method of sugarcoating it?

You know what "Nerd/Incel" culture is? Steve just showed everyone. They called LTTs dogshit out. What would have happened to Maddie if she worked at GN? Lets take a wild guess

Nerd culture is about excellence. We call the word nerd in a derogatory way. Whats your problem with excellence? 

Because you know as well as I do that not everyone sees it like that. I myself am nerd as fuck. However I completely lack the "incel"-bitterness or the need to see myself as "better" or "more important than anyone.

Madison got hurt because some people wanted to see themselves as higher on the totem pole than Madison. Mostly because of theor own insecurity or because of fatigue.

Also that fatigue die to constant pressure will get to you and make you less than you are.

Yo circle back to your start. The constant pressure for excellence will wear you down. Will make you less than you are. Will make you insecure.

See where I am going with that?

Nerd-culture a has pitfalls. A d the route to bullying and worse is quite clearly in there.

3 hours ago, vorg.eth said:

her former coworkers have corroborated her underperformance. 

Her former coworkers have ALSO corroborated parts of her story.

https://twitter.com/DubMFG/status/1691996044467535903?s=20

https://twitter.com/TaranVH/status/1692923667129450929?s=20

https://twitter.com/DubMFG/status/1692195898972061834?s=20

elephants

4 hours ago, Mr. Rabbit said:

Oh yeah, I agree.

But I can't discount the possibility of her just wanting revenge or something, even if I don't believe that to be the case at all.
At most, I'd say she wasn't ready for what LMG demanded (which we know is a lot, being a fast-growing company and all), wasn't in her best mental health (and I speak from experience, I've not been well lately, and sometimes make a mountain of a molehill, or take any small thing as a personal slight) and didn't take certain jokes or actions as they were intended, or misunderstood certain things (which I think is a better possibility than revenge)

But that is what the investigation is for, to try and uncover the truth, and what needs to be addressed inside the company.

I will trust her accusations, as she has not much to gain from them other than ruining LMG's reputation, but until the end of the investigation, I will remain sceptical, and then I will do what I feel is right depending on the facts presented, and how both parties handle that.

These are serious accusations, and I am happy that LMG seems to be doing what is right, and investigating both internally and with the help of external companies.

Ultimately, it’s Linus’s fault. From the way that it sounds her being hired was largely based on community demands. Did he follow the normal procedures for hiring her? (candidate vetting, interviews, etc.) Madison did mention it was a surprise she was hired.  If procedures were not followed, Linus ultimately put Madison, himself, and his company in danger of something like this happening.

The more I find out about this and the other situations, the more I realize Linus should have stepped down as CEO years ago. Probably he should have stepped down as CEO the night he went live at home (1-22-2020) because he was questioning his professional future and subsequently created the “sad Linus” meme.

On 8/20/2023 at 2:28 AM, HenrySalayne said:

In most countries in Europe and IIRC Canada you cannot simply fire somebody for not reaching their KPIs.

These countries have very employee-friendly laws. Instead of fear they work with incentives and employees get a base salary and commission on their sales.

I'm with you that every job creates stress, needs a certain set of skills and comes with some caveats you have to accept. I'm not arguing from a qualitative standpoint here, but from a quantitative. Has everything practical be done to reduce the negatives to a minimum?

Not directly but you get a warning letter.

3 strike then you are out.

It just a simplification of the procedure.

My argument is actually the risk is reasonable in term of managing Onlyfans account.

The language where she reject the task actually would matter the most.

If she said she is uncomfortable to do the job and they still put her on it there smaller chance that anyone would consider they put her in a danger, especially if they explain to her the potential interaction.

If she said she is unable to do the job due to her mental health, then she would have a stronger case for the company endangering her.

Again this would be weighed by the judge when he/she make decision 

15 hours ago, vorg.eth said:

Agreed. A man wouldn’t get blindly supported by internet strangers with personal agendas and YouTuber envy.

They wouldn't get supported at all.

11 hours ago, Reclus said:

And what are you basing this on? The fragility of women? Or the requirement of holding a person accountable for what they are saying and requiring proof?

I disagree with taking any side, but please explain to me how does providing an example and explanation to ones opinion constitutes keeping women away from him? How is insulting him making your case and Madison's claim either better or more believable? From my end you are just another person that wants to join an angry mob.

I'm basing this off the fact that he's using anecdotal evidence to attempt a point that Madison lied or faked things. Not to mention telling a bunch of strangers online about his ex and their issues. It's not like we only have one side of the story...

31 minutes ago, Anders155 said:

I'm basing this off the fact that he's using anecdotal evidence to attempt a point that Madison lied or faked things. Not to mention telling a bunch of strangers online about his ex and their issues. It's not like we only have one side of the story...

Please read your own post. You have described exactly what Madison's testimony looks like to a person that requires evidence:

- I'm basing this off the fact that she's using anecdotal evidence to attempt a point that LMG lied or faked things. Not to mention telling a bunch of strangers online about her boss and his company and their issues. It's not like we only have one side of the story -