Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

14 hours ago, Cooldoe said:

The new video released dispute your claim on 3rd party HR number unavailable. As I stated and in the leaked video they have anonymous reporting system as well. This is corroborated by Linus new video as well. Granted that is is from LTT but that is the other side of the story.

Again utter lack of basic thinking.  IF EVERYONE HAS TO GO THROUGH ALL CHANNELS TO GET TO THE 3RD PARTY HR TEAM; IT IS A FAILURE AND DEFEATS THE GENERAL PURPOSE.

It's not listed in the handbook, which even by your standards is AFTER the email that talked about 3rd party HR.

It's not a hard concept to understand, a company that size should not have someone have to work up the entire chain in order to reach a neutral 3rd party; especially when people along the chain are the ones that the person wants to complain about.

The video LTT posted actually doesn't dispute what I've been saying, and the email they showed pretty much solidifies that the structure for the HR is what was pretty much presented in the handbook.

Seriously, they pretty much say in the email that the HR team only steps in after you essentially go through all the management, including Yvonne and Linus.  Pretty much the email they showed relies on the employee having to go through all other channels first, that is unacceptable for a company.

The whole satisfaction survey thing as well doesn't really bode well either.  Not only did they include employees from like Floatplane (which that has a completely different thing to it); it doesn't break any of it down based on groups...like accounting departments will have a completely different result than lets say productions, vs software dev.

Not to mention that 34% said no to being given enough feedback

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Just now, wanderingfool2 said:

Again utter lack of basic thinking.  IF EVERYONE HAS TO GO THROUGH ALL CHANNELS TO GET TO THE 3RD PARTY HR TEAM; IT IS A FAILURE AND DEFEATS THE GENERAL PURPOSE.

It's not listed in the handbook, which even by your standards is AFTER the email that talked about 3rd party HR.

It's not a hard concept to understand, a company that size should not have someone have to work up the entire chain in order to reach a neutral 3rd party; especially when people along the chain are the ones that the person wants to complain about.

The video LTT posted actually doesn't dispute what I've been saying, and the email they showed pretty much solidifies that the structure for the HR is what was pretty much presented in the handbook.

Seriously, they pretty much say in the email that the HR team only steps in after you essentially go through all the management, including Yvonne and Linus.  Pretty much the email they showed relies on the employee having to go through all other channels first, that is unacceptable for a company.

The whole satisfaction survey thing as well doesn't really bode well either.  Not only did they include employees from like Floatplane (which that has a completely different thing to it); it doesn't break any of it down based on groups...like accounting departments will have a completely different result than lets say productions, vs software dev.

Not to mention that 34% said no to being given enough feedback

It goes without saying you leapfrog as necessary. Yes follow the chain, but if for some reason your HR complaint is with a person in that chain, you leapfrog them.

44 minutes ago, starsmine said:

It goes without saying you leapfrog as necessary. Yes follow the chain, but if for some reason your HR complaint is with a person in that chain, you leapfrog them.

But it's not in the handbook and I'm not mature enough to know how to deal with conflict myself, even if it is the conflict between talking to my boss or my boss boss.

7 hours ago, zoopers said:

Moronic take. 

If you uproot your entire life and move somewhere else for work, you can't always just get up and leave. You have to have very little real-world experience to think that that's how the world works for most people.

Then you've made a bad decision in life, to uproot your entire life hoping that everything works out. 

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

2 hours ago, starsmine said:

This is basic procedure in just about any workplace. You shouldn't have to explain it to people, it's common knowledge.  Anyone claiming it's impossible to follow procedure due to a complaint with someone in that chain is just grasping. 

18 minutes ago, NubCak said:

Then you've made a bad decision in life, to uproot your entire life hoping that everything works out. 

If you're making decisions that bad, you probably weren't ready for the challenges that were waiting for you in the first place at the new location. Which, seems to be the case.

44 minutes ago, roxsonixx said:

This is basic procedure in just about any workplace. You shouldn't have to explain it to people, it's common knowledge.  Anyone claiming it's impossible to follow procedure due to a complaint with someone in that chain is just grasping. 

What you have to remember is that both Madison and all the higher ups around her are relatively young people*.  At most 35 at the time.  In that 18-35 demo there is a lot of growing up that happens towards the end of it. 

She was not experienced at being an employee.  Even if it wasn't a first job it's not like someone in their 20's would be a grizzled pro of 15 years.  Same for the managers.   So we can excuse if they did not all handle a complicated, bad situation in a way that is not what someone 10 or 20 years older than them would've. 

Ironically it would've been best for her to have her big girl pants on and to complain to the company and the BC government to ensure her rights.  Most young employees don't realize they have any. 

*Not meaning to run down anyone.  There's no fool like an old fool etc.  I was just their age once and know in hindsight I did not know as much as I thought I did, and also know that in 10 years I'll think that about my present self. 

This and the other recent things that have come out about LTT have really shown two things that I didn't realize. The first thing is that LTT isn't as neutral good as I thought it was. The second is that a lot of the LTT community are of the same mind as the employees Madison isn't naming in this. It's not a community I really want to be a part of anymore. Damn, it's been real though.

23 minutes ago, SlimTimDoWork said:

This and the other recent things that have come out about LTT have really shown two things that I didn't realize. The first thing is that LTT isn't as neutral good as I thought it was. The second is that a lot of the LTT community are of the same mind as the employees Madison isn't naming in this. It's not a community I really want to be a part of anymore. Damn, it's been real though.

I can understand that feeling. Especially with people who call themselves part of the community harassing current employees at random and attempting to dox them. Just insane...

I'll wait for their investigation. But the amount of people eager to rip and tear into anyone, even people who didn't work with Madison, is insane. 

16 minutes ago, dragonhero94 said:

I can understand that feeling. Especially with people who call themselves part of the community harassing current employees at random and attempting to dox them. Just insane...

I'll wait for their investigation. But the amount of people eager to rip and tear into anyone, even people who didn't work with Madison, is insane. 

A poster claimed and I can believe it that someone on this forum reached out to harass them in an off forum way.  Toxicity is like making a solution acidic.  The difference between water and sulfuric acid is adding 10% sulfuric acid to the water. 

All we can do is support ANYONE who claims to have been harassed, really truly harassed.  While not diluting the word into meaninglessness by calling any critique that. 

15 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

While not diluting the word into meaninglessness by calling any critique that. 

And I think this is the problem with society currently. 

For a number of people, just disagreeing or holding an alternative view is considered toxic. 

8 hours ago, starsmine said:

That's all well and good to say, but it ignores the fact that in their handbook there isn't a single mention of a 3rd party HR.  So there isn't anyway to leapfrog over approaching Linus; as it's not at least in the handbook that there was even that option (or a way to contact them).

At least in Madison's allegations she mentions Linus as being part of the issue; so tell me, how is she supposed to get in contact with the HR department (which based on her allegations, she didn't seem to know about...which implies it wasn't a widely documented thing...as again it doesn't show up in the handbook).

There is a huge glaring red flag if they reportedly have a handbook that talks about what to do with HR issues and it is missing that there is a 3rd party.

7 hours ago, Kresnik-02 said:

But it's not in the handbook and I'm not mature enough to know how to deal with conflict myself, even if it is the conflict between talking to my boss or my boss boss.

That ignores that the conflict IS with your "bosses boss".  i.e. one of her complaints was about Linus. 

Her allegation is that she was sat down in a verbal warning; and wasn't allowed to have a neutral party as well.  Her allegation included that Linus didn't treat her right either.

5 hours ago, roxsonixx said:

If you're making decisions that bad, you probably weren't ready for the challenges that were waiting for you in the first place at the new location. Which, seems to be the case.

6 hours ago, NubCak said:

If what she alleges is true though, then it wasn't her fault for some of the gripes with LMG.

Remember her claim, that it was announced her hiring PRIOR to asking her (so there would be instant pressure there, as failure to accept would now look bad on her and have the community against her).  Then upon moving here, being presented with a handbook and paper to sign which contradicted what her request was (with the concept of being told, along the lines of tough deal with it).

So yea, if her allegations are correct it isn't a "bad decision" of uprooting hoping that everything works.  Lots of people move to do jobs, what made it not work out if the allegation are true is that they essentially rug pulled her, and her having no recourse as she has just moved to Canada.

15 hours ago, roxsonixx said:

That's something that you need to be prepared for if you decide to do it, there's always a possibility that it doesn't work out. The world IS full of crybabies. The sense of entitlement is palpable. 

7 hours ago, NubCak said:

I think zoopers said it right.

15 hours ago, zoopers said:

Moronic take. 

Did anyone bother to actually go look at Madison’s “work”? She straight up lied, LTT never posted more than 1 or two tik toks a week, you can literally go check the amount of uploads and dates on insta and TikTok of past uploads. 

When someone lies to you about something you can verify why would you believe what you can’t? Why would you lie about something like that in the first place.

12 hours ago, NubCak said:

Somehow I find it really hard to believe that you have real-life experience. I wouldn't be surprised if you were some kid or young adolescent yet to enter the working world. 

3 hours ago, Jaja92 said:

Did anyone bother to actually go look at Madison’s “work”? She straight up lied, LTT never posted more than 1 or two tik toks a week, you can literally go check the amount of uploads and dates on insta and TikTok of past uploads. 

When someone lies to you about something you can verify why would you believe what you can’t? Why would you lie about something like that in the first place.

So that means that something like 3 our of 4 of of her claims that we could (mostly) verify appear to be either lies or information presented in a misleading way (like the Naomi Wu thing). Her credibility is not looking good.

2 hours ago, zoopers said:

Somehow I find it really hard to believe that you have real-life experience. I wouldn't be surprised if you were some kid or young adolescent yet to enter the working world. 

I would argue that the opposite is more likely to be true. Mature, more experienced people recognize that a job can fail to work out. This is also recognized by (Canadian) law, which allows for a probation period before workers are more protected from being fired (although I don't know if Madison had that in her contract).

The entire narrative that she uprooted her entire life is actually another red flag to me. She is not an Indian worker who moved to a Gulf country and had to go into debt to do so, and whose passport got taken away. She is a Canadian who moved elsewhere in Canada for a job. There is very low unemployment around Vancouver, but even if she couldn't find another job and does come from poor circumstances, there's a pretty decent social safety net in Canada. 

8 hours ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

I forgot the current trend is 0% personal accountability for everything. It's all someone else's fault. 

3 hours ago, zoopers said:

Well it's the internet so who knows right? Yet somehow I am getting the same impression from you. 

4 hours ago, zoopers said:

Sounds more like you are inexperienced and have yet to enter the real world.

I am self-employed and already am enjoying the finer things in life.

9 hours ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

lmao, you think uprooting your entire life going to a new job in a new location and hoping everything works out ok is a good and viable idea?

wow, you are naive, incredibly dense, entitled or all of the above.

11 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

That's all well and good to say, but it ignores the fact that in their handbook there isn't a single mention of a 3rd party HR.  So there isn't anyway to leapfrog over approaching Linus; as it's not at least in the handbook that there was even that option (or a way to contact them).

At least in Madison's allegations she mentions Linus as being part of the issue; so tell me, how is she supposed to get in contact with the HR department (which based on her allegations, she didn't seem to know about...which implies it wasn't a widely documented thing...as again it doesn't show up in the handbook).

There is a huge glaring red flag if they reportedly have a handbook that talks about what to do with HR issues and it is missing that there is a 3rd party.

That ignores that the conflict IS with your "bosses boss".  i.e. one of her complaints was about Linus. 

Her allegation is that she was sat down in a verbal warning; and wasn't allowed to have a neutral party as well.  Her allegation included that Linus didn't treat her right either.

If what she alleges is true though, then it wasn't her fault for some of the gripes with LMG.

Remember her claim, that it was announced her hiring PRIOR to asking her (so there would be instant pressure there, as failure to accept would now look bad on her and have the community against her).  Then upon moving here, being presented with a handbook and paper to sign which contradicted what her request was (with the concept of being told, along the lines of tough deal with it).

So yea, if her allegations are correct it isn't a "bad decision" of uprooting hoping that everything works.  Lots of people move to do jobs, what made it not work out if the allegation are true is that they essentially rug pulled her, and her having no recourse as she has just moved to Canada.

Does it matter when it was announced? Or what? She's gonna look bad on the internet for all of 2 minutes?

Again. Young and naive, never planned that it could not go well. 

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged comments, Please use multi-quote.

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

5 hours ago, NubCak said:

Does it matter when it was announced? Or what? She's gonna look bad on the internet for all of 2 minutes?

Again. Young and naive, never planned that it could not go well. 

Yes it does matter.

Timing in what was alleges matters a great deal.

Imagine if you are trying to get a media job, and the company that you applied to announces you are joining their team to the world (after essentially a push by the community to get you the job).

That means there is a whole lot of pressure to accept that job; just like massive public wedding proposals...it creates essentially a social dynamic where LMG is in position of power and you now feel an obligation to accept due to pressure.

Similar things like the concept that if she was told she could keep streaming and taking things like patreon in the interviews, and when she moves here and signs paperwork they present her with a completely different type of contract.  It essentially is a company putting undue pressure on an employee to accept the terms.  Especially if the allegations that they used a whole do you think the other people here would have a hard time finding a job.

6 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Yes it does matter.

Imagine if you are trying to get a media job, and the company that you applied to announces you are joining their team to the world (after essentially a push by the community to get you the job).

That means there is a whole lot of pressure to accept that job; just like massive public wedding proposals...it creates essentially a social dynamic where LMG is in position of power and you now feel an obligation to accept due to pressure.

Similar things like the concept that if she was told she could keep streaming and taking things like patreon in the interviews, and when she moves here and signs paperwork they present her with a completely different type of contract.  It essentially is a company putting undue pressure on an employee to accept the terms.  Especially if the allegations that they used a whole do you think the other people here would have a hard time finding a job.

You're the only person here who's continuing to do his best to make a lick of sense here. Which is a shame because this place is an echochamber and you're just the annoying noise that puts bad feedback on their choirs. Give up, it's not worth your time.

37 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Yes it does matter.

lol.

Don't you find it wierd for someone to not view a job offer and contract before deciding to uproot and move?

Basically you would of signed a contract way before you even booked plane tickets to your new home.

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

19 minutes ago, NubCak said:

lol.

Don't you find it wierd for someone to not view a job offer and contract before deciding to uproot and move?

Basically you would of signed a contract way before you even booked plane tickets to your new home.

She felt the need to cut open her leg to get a day off work. She's not playing with a full deck of cards.

1 hour ago, NubCak said:

lol.

I've seen things like that happen.  If an employer essentially provides a letter of intent for your employment; you having not signed the contract doesn't really matter.

It's becoming more and more standard practice, as much as I don't think it's good, that things like salary are not mentioned, or that contracts signed mean you have to be there the next day.

So yes, sometimes if you know you have a job (because again letter of intent or in this case a public statement), and have already been told details it's not a leap to start the moving process and everything else.  What isn't common though is showing up and the company saying; yea all those things we talked about before and your requests...too bad those were a mistake.  Don't get me wrong, I've seen it happen, but it doesn't happen too often (and often times the employee does accept the job but does so under some level of duress).