Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

I always wondered if something torrid was going on at LMG nothing as bad as SA. If I was really bored I would watch a vid and wonder if Linus was having an affair or maybe the office culture was not as publicly represented. Nothing like this bad I alway wondered why Maddison was in maybe 3 vids here entire employment. I think Nitazene-King-002's audio is real (I have no proof for that). WHO OH WHO assaulted and mental Ab**ed Maddison? Linus needs to clear this now. In less than a week GN took down his image and Maddison came forward with accusations which (true or otherwise) Have tarnished his life's work forever.

17 hours ago, Legitsu said:

please stop assuming that the random women on the twitter isn't lieing 

timing is pretty sus so what she was slient for 2 years and picks now to say something?

if anything she said was true any court on the planet would have had a field day 

or we really gonna bite for the old 'female victum routine' 

I agree it is pretty sus, but when would she have been able to come forward without the wrath of this community coming back at her? LTT was spotless until the GN incident, but she saw that the image was shatteted and took the oportunity to say her piece with minimal backlash from the community since everyone ia already pretty ticked off at them. 

I feel for her, truly. If that actually happened then LMG Is a horrible company, but i still believe that we should hear both sides before jumping to conclusions. 

Madison is such a whiney millennial about having to actually work, that I find her more serious allegations hard to beleive, especially considering the timing. And she sure is vague about what people are calling "assault". I read her entire thread.

I have read multiple concerns that Emily might have quit due to the same reasons Madison claims. I have watched nearly every LTT video the last 6 years (except for the sponsored nonsense), but I can't remember who Emily is. First I thought it was Lukes girlfriend they talk about on WAN sometimes. But that doesn't make any sense. Or did she work for LMG at one time, and doesn't anymore now?

Holy crap took a look at the various Reddits, and the mob is truly unhinged about this.  Reading any of the threads for a minute and you would think LMG was actively encouraging this, endorsed by Linus, and this is the biggest scandal since watergate.   Like 10,000% doom, this company is done forever, how dare they, they need to burn, doom.

Just a reminder...the ACLU penned an op-ed in I believe the Atlantic, with full throated support for the absolutely clear and egregious physical and mental abuse Johnny Depp put Amber Heard through...I guess Reddit didn't watch that trial and stuck with the OG headlines on that one.

Dont jump to conclusions folks, the GN/Bt saga was egregious on LMG's part, but there is a lot of unknown here, other than the words of a disgruntled employee.  Maybe wait for some receipts before the witch burning this time around ya?

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

1 minute ago, ILuvUrMun said:

I agree it is pretty sus, but when would she have been able to come forward without the wrath of this community coming back at her? LTT was spotless until the GN incident, but she saw that the image was shatteted and took the oportunity to say her piece with minimal backlash from the community since everyone ia already pretty ticked off at them. 

I feel for her, truly. If that actually happened then LMG Is a horrible company, but i still believe that we should hear both sides before jumping to conclusions. 

its not sus. Drama happened with LTT, clowns initiate harassing her with questions and accusations about LTT.

11 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

Madison is such a whiney millennial about having to actually work, that I find her more serious allegations hard to beleive, especially considering the timing. And she sure is vague about what people are calling "assault". I read her entire thread.

I don't think you know what a millennial is.

1 minute ago, Charlotte_in_Shinbashi said:

I have read multiple concerns that Emily might have quit due to the same reasons Madison claims. I have watched nearly every LTT video the last 6 years (except for the sponsored nonsense), but I can't remember who Emily is. First I thought it was Lukes girlfriend they talk about on WAN sometimes. But that doesn't make any sense. Or did she work for LMG at one time, and doesn't anymore now?

That's because Emily went previously by Anthony. You would have seen plenty of Anthony videos.

2 minutes ago, Charlotte_in_Shinbashi said:

Emily is still working at LMG according to a friend of hers.  

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

She's accused the management of violations of BC Worker's Rights laws. There's a couple of agencies, part of the BC government, that handle these types of cases directly. There's also criminal complaints that may or may not have been available.  None of which would require her to hire her own lawyers.

True but from my reading.... it appears BC has a six month window in which they must report this kind of thing.   There are exceptions, there can be exceptions, she'd need to be one of them. 

I don't know how Canada looks at these things but I am a transgender woman you bet I've had to file discrimination complaints.  Here in Illinois a lawyer won't even look at a case unless there is a finding from the IL department of human rights finding that the case has merit.   Given the profile of her case she may be able to retain counsel.   LTT should have counsel on retainer, so should people at LMG in their individual capacities. 

Sounds awful but this all smells.  I HOPE IT IS FALSE.  I hope, I really HOPE she didn't have to deal with any of that, that LTT is not that kinda place... but I've learned in my own life you can never know what places will be good 

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I feel like everyone has forgotten that the Activision stuff came to light because of a long running State of California investigation of the company. Madison lives & works in a Western country. There's are boatloads of agencies that deal with things. How well, obviously, is up for debate, but she has yet to take that direction.

Though if there's one criticism that can be laid at LMG's feet, it's probably pretty clear no one noticed her in severe mental destress over a long period of time, unless she was really good at acting around it or compartmentalizing it.

That last part kinda sounds... 

A young woman complaining of sexual harassment is not crazy. 

1 minute ago, Rhino16 said:

That video above seems old, I can’t imagine anyone is laughing like that at the end right now.

Going to use this post for my 2c

This is allegedly the day after Madison exited the company. Based on the context it it sounded like Madison's complaints never made it past her direct supervisor/manager until the exit interview - Linus says in the video "Um, We can't solve problems we don't know about though". It seems like this meeting is very boiler-plate corporate HR speak spurred on by the fact that upper management/Linus was only made aware of any amount of the allegations as she exited. (Speculation) By then, I imagine she would have been too exasperated/overwhelmed/in such a low state that she also probably didn't give the entire Twitter account she just did to the team. 

Linus says they have multiple avenues of conflict resolution/reporting. It could maybe be construed that because of the order he lists them in he's trying to usher people away from the 'best' option of going to their 3rd party HR counsel, but it really just sounds like he's listing the options in the order of 'chain of command' and repeatedly says all avenues are available. This is consistent with his take on the whole union topic, which is that he wants to run a company that treats its employees so well they don't need unions - you can take this whatever way you want, but the face value is 'if you treat your employees well, if you pay them well, they don't need to unionize'. I'm not here to argue whether that's right or wrong, just pointing out that that also seems to fall in line with the "You can go to the offender, you can go to your supervisor, you can come to me or Yvonne, or you can go to our 3rd party and you can do it anonymously. You have options". 

(Speculation) Based on how this convo went down and the glass door review being much more generic, I don't think upper/senior management likely ever found out about the extent of what Madison is alleging on Twitter today. I don't believe that speaks to the validity of her claims at all either, not here to argue to her character or mental health. It sounds like she exited, was obviously exasperated, there were likely documented performance reports and issues and any internal investigating that took place after her exit was likely easily swept under the rug by those who were directly involved. If she complained about bro culture, inappropriate comments, poor management etc, someone simply talking to her direct report likely would have had an easy time writing generic feedback like that off, or having her come off as emotional, unstable, or a poor worker. 

Again, I want to reiterate that I'm not passing judgement on Madison, just taking the recording for what it is. 

i9-13900k | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | G. Skill 32GB DDR5 7200

MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | Alienware aw3423dwf

Lian Li o11 Dynamic XL ROG | ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO | ROG Thor 1000w Platinum II
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB OS Drive | Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB x2 RAID 0 Game Drive

I am a millennial (1989), and I am disappointed and disgusted with my lazy generation that thinks running social media accounts, editing videos, and god forbid making phone calls to sponsors is hard work. Gen Z is even worse. They are doomed. If anyone ever invades America we will have to draft 40+ year Olds to have a chance.

1 minute ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

I am a millennial (1989), and I am disappointed and disgusted with my lazy generation that thinks running social media accounts, editing videos, and god forbid making phone calls to sponsors is hard work. Gen Z is even worse. They are doomed. If anyone ever invades America we will have to draft 40+ year Olds to have a chance.

I'm 1989 as well, but you sound like you were raised by your grandparents 

11 minutes ago, Charlotte_in_Shinbashi said:

https://linusmediagroup.com/#:~:text=Cinematographer-,EMILY YOUNG,-Writer

Here she is, right on the LMG website. Hopefully this helps, but from what I have seen and heard, Emily is still with LMG.

image.thumb.png.8c7c773b44758c4f5b30a648313ef11e.png

10 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

The average age of a US solider is 23. Wow, the youth are so lazy!

1 minute ago, Uttamattamakin said:

True but from my reading.... it appears BC has a six month window in which they must report this kind of thing.   There are exceptions, there can be exceptions, she'd need to be one of them. 

I don't know how Canada looks at these things but I am a transgender woman you bet I've had to file discrimination complaints.  Here in Illinois a lawyer won't even look at a case unless there is a finding from the IL department of human rights finding that the case has merit.   Given the profile of her case she may be able to retain counsel.   LTT should have counsel on retainer, so should people at LMG in their individual capacities. 

Sounds awful but this all smells.  I HOPE IT IS FALSE.  I hope, I really HOPE she didn't have to deal with any of that, that LTT is not that kinda place... but I've learned in my own life you can never know what places will be good 

That last part kinda sounds... 

A young woman complaining of sexual harassment is not crazy. 

Per her own thread, her mental state was very bad at the start because of the death of her brother, she had consistent focus issues and eventually stabbed (cut?) herself to take a day off.  You aren't in those mental places if your physical health isn't already fairly poor. She needed professional help and likely a different job regardless of any other issues that may have arisen.

41 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Maybe I will. Can I have your full real name please, so I can accuse you of sexual abuse please? I really want to get it off my chest.

I mean you have to support me in my truth right?

When that's your reaction, it's clear that you're definitely the problem.

11 minutes ago, stuffybear said:

Emily is still working at LMG according to a friend of hers.  

lol, "take the kids and run"

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

7 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

Hard work isn't just manual labor. I've worked at a factory, I've done the military thing, and I do IT. IT is the hardest, Military was the Easiest(do what you are told, don't think)

Angrycops stars in the great I'm moving sandbags 15ft video

31 minutes ago, KOAO said:

This but also if they were trying to get rid of you in any way possible which includes framing you for something, and you live in a one party consent state you were well within your right to record that privately and use it against them on your way out.

You can not in the UK.  In Canada yes but you can be fired for it.  From sounds of this she quit. That is her choice.  Sounds a bit odd

2 minutes ago, ILuvUrMun said:

I'm 1989 as well, but you sound like you were raised by your grandparents 

No I've just done several different kinds of hard labor, the kinds that are essential for civilization to exist. And making YouTube videos and running social media accounts don't qualify.

1 minute ago, ILuvUrMun said:

Yo this is popping ul in my recommended tab now. The internet doesn't sleep smh

IMG_3362.jpeg

Aren't text-based word association algos wonderful?

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

Well considering you're denying any of the allegations because she should've just went to the police, and you're claiming people are just "angry mobs" or just "putting up pitchforks" here it seems like you're taking sides and siding with LMG.

I don't know how it works in Canada, but going to the police doesn't usually do anything, unless there is substantiated evidence  of LMG breaking HR policies or evidence of sexual harassment going on, but I'm just going from what other people have said here I am not a legal professional and this is not legal advice.

I think its fine for Madison to bring up concerns on twitter/X, especially if they felt threatened and felt like they didn't have any other options, also when this happened, Linus and LMG tried to dismiss any wrongdoing and the fans just called Madison an upset ex-exployee that was lying. So for Madison to bring this up again now is understandable and a matter of timing when the fans aren't going to be going all out to defend LMG.

I side with evidence, truth and fairness. Innocent until proven guilty. It means nothing to pitchfork mobs that's why I am calling you one. Wrongdoing require investigations and should be and is punished by law.

You are unable to see how harmful accusations on Twitter are. It is completely beside the point if she is telling the truth or not. She chose the poorest most harmful way to do this. And she will be suffering for it again - regardless if she is or isn't telling the truth. Your mob - because that is what you are now, have dissect jokes, company meetings and likes made by people on Twitter.

There was talk about integrity here just yesterday. There is nothing left but disgust now. 

Have a good day Sir. I will not be responding here anymore as I simply feel dirty seeing this. Enjoy your riot. 

What y'all "she should've gone to the police" folk seem to have missed from her thread is the fact she said she was made to feel like she'd done wrong, that it was her fault. It took the ER incident to realise she had a problem and needed to get out. That's is what she said.

It's very easy to say "why didn't she gather evidence" or "why didn't she tell the authorities" or "why didn't she use a spy pen" (fucking lmao) with the gift of hindsight, but why would her first thought be to go to a police station if she's feeling the way she describes? That she was at fault, that she was bad at her job, etc?

Any of y'all been in a failed relationship where after some time has passed you think "how on earth did I ever put up with all that?" Where the weight of it and how bad it was didn't fully manifest for you until you'd got some distance from it?

It's entirely common to not see the forest for the trees when you're in the midst of things, when you're being told things are a certain way, when your own mental state has led you to believe that you're at fault, or that things aren't as bad as they later appear.

Sure, in an ideal world she had receipts for everything, had recorded all pertinent interactions, had insisted on bringing a neutral party to all HR meetings, etc. In an ideal world she does all that. But just because she didn't doesn't automatically make her a liar, or discredit her. It doesn't automatically means she's telling the truth either, of course. But surely well all have some situation, big or small, where we can think back on it and realise "wow, that was actually kinda worse than I realised at the time" or "I wish I'd seen how bad it was and done things differently as a result".