Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

3 minutes ago, djksm said:

WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING INVOLVED IN SOMETHING THAT CLEARLY ISNT OURS TO BE INVOLVED IN WHO CARESSSSSS ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM IF SHE NEEDED HELP SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HELP WHY DIDN'T SHE 

C'mon, thats not entirely accurate. We didn't "get involved", this was made public by the accuser, in the middle of the "bad charts and water cooler" catastrophe, not too long after the channel hijacking catastrophe, and the unspecific public accusations are clearly dividing the community. I'm sure you could understand why people would feel heated about it, wondering why it wasn't handled in a private and assertive manor.

9 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

Terrible take, from both of you.

By the way you have a cool username. I too, would like a ram drive.

5 minutes ago, djksm said:

WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING INVOLVED IN SOMETHING THAT CLEARLY ISNT OURS TO BE INVOLVED IN WHO CARESSSSSS ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM IF SHE NEEDED HELP SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HELP WHY DIDN'T SHE 

we are getting invovled because we enjoy the content this company gives us. There are most likely many others like myself who feel inspired from the work done at LMG and labs and take their own inspiration from them. As a recent university graduate, my goal has been to find a job that seems as fun as working at LMG does in their videos (for more context, my degree is in business admin). It does take a tole on you when you find out the environment you have been basing your dream on is not all it seemed to be. 

1 minute ago, foetoid said:

Y'all should really be ashamed of yourselves. You are actively abusing a woman who has already been abused to make a point. This was my response to the Reddit thread.  If you can't see that you are forcing someone to relive their trauma in order to stroke your own ego, that's disgusting.

I'm not saying, and have not said, that anything about this situation from the LTT side is justified or excusable, but from a community side you are forcing a woman who is already struggling with the situation, and self-admittedly self-harm, to face her demons again on the public stage.

---

Y'all have lost sight of what is ACTUALLY important here and it sickens me to no end.

So I want to be clear at the onset, I have no reason to believe Madison is lying. That being said, I also have no reason to believe that the OP hasn't posted this out of context. Whether this audio is directly related to this event or not cannot factually be determined by us in the public.

While they are not without reproach, there are any multitude of reasons that Linus and/or Yvonne may not have heard about the situation that Madison experienced. There may be any number of reasons why Madison didn't escalate it to the highest degree (Many of which she describes herself. All of which are rooted in fear. I understand this very well as you will see later). It would appear as though anonymous reporting was available, however perhaps due to lack of dissemination or fear yet again, this path was not chosen to address the issue.

Culture could be part of the problem as a small organization. It seems that everyone believes that if you have 100+ employees, you are now a large organization. This is laughable, and illuminates a decidedly small world view.

A disconnect with reality due to generational gaps in such a small organization with young staff members seems more likely to me. This does not justify anything, I simply offer it as an observation.

If such young staff members treated an even younger staff member in the ways described and their underdeveloped brains that lived in isolation from the opposite sex for ages caused them to act out, of course they're going to hide it from more mature and senior members of staff.

AGAIN, this does not justify ANYTHING. It only offers some a possible idea about what took place.

We don't know if actions by Madison provoked the other parties to behave in the way they did. Again, thinking about ages of staff members, undeveloped brains, and hormones. And again, not justifying anything.

This is an extremely complex and sensitive issue. It needs to be handled with the respect it deserves, and now that it's out in the open, it appears that it will be handled as such.

Although the handling of it so publicly is a shame for Madison. She has been brought back into a situation where she will have to open old wounds and prove her case. All the while the public mob is going to be harassing her even more.

She wanted her life back, she wanted to heal, and you all stole that from her. That is shameful.

Don't think for a second I don't want a predator castrated. I've experienced my fair share of corporate sexual harassment. A senior manager of a company I worked 30x large as LMG lured me to their house on false pretenses only to try to get me to engage in sexual acts. I was then shamed into silence by managers, and when it finally came out with HR there was simply nothing they could do.

Give LMG the opportunity to do their homework. That's more than most victims get.

who says we are forcing some one to relive their trauma? Claims are claims until proven fact

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

2 minutes ago, castlev said:

C'mon, thats not entirely accurate. We didn't "get involved", this was made public by the accuser, in the middle of the "bad charts and water cooler" catastrophe, not too long after the channel hijacking catastrophe, and the unspecific public accusations are clearly dividing the community. I'm sure you could understand why people would feel heated about it, wondering why it wasn't handled in a private and assertive manor.

yeah, but people were litterally being transphobic a few hours ago that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

Just now, djksm said:

who says we are forcing some one to relive their trauma? Claims are claims until proven fact

The fact that we're having this conversation states as such.

i can make claims too yknow

2 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

By the way you have a cool username. I too, would like a ram drive.

I had a great idea for a LTT video and it's a shame they've never done it. xD

1 hour ago, LoosSerine said:

That's because Emily went previously by Anthony. You would have seen plenty of Anthony videos.

Holy shit, I didn't know that. But now that I think about it, it's really been a while since he appeared in a video. But that explains it. Good to know he still works at LMG. Always enjoyed the retro games/tech videos. Hopefully that continues, even if only from a writers position.

4 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

I'm not the one who posted an all-caps message complaining, I'm just asking why you don't follow your own example.

Can't we all just get along

Just now, Charlotte_in_Shinbashi said:

Holy shit, I didn't know that. But now that I think about it, it's really been a while since he appeared in a video. But that explains it. Good to know he still works at LMG. Always enjoyed the retro games/tech videos. Hopefully that continues, even if only from a writers position.

*she. It's been a while since she appeared in a video. Good to know she still works at LMG.

7 minutes ago, djksm said:

Facepalm

I mean it's not entirely facepalm he really should consider stepping down at least temporary to ensure 1. Hes actually considering his actions and what lead him there 2. So he can get out of his own way for a while.

14 minutes ago, djksm said:

Stop TALKING SENSE!  

I mean come on....

If the caps lock doesn't do it, there is no hope 🙂 /love

3 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

*she. It's been a while since she appeared in a video. Good to know she still works at LMG.

Thanks just when we thought the Grammer police was bad enough now we got the pronoun police

1 minute ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

That is a great idea. I'd imagine it will happen in the real world eventually. Trying to think of what that would cost in a 3.5 inch bay with today's technology lol. They've probably already discussed making it somewhere. Not cheap enough yet but RAM is definitely going down fast. I'm sure there are plenty of corporations and tech enthusiasts that would buy 512 and 1TB drives today regardless of the cost.

4 minutes ago, Charlotte_in_Shinbashi said:

Anthony was my favorite, I always loved that he was the brains in every video he did with Linus, while Linus would drop expensive gpu's. He had the techiest info, like when editing config scripts in Linux for OSX in a VM with native GPU and split screen. I hope one day Emily will start appearing, she did amazing stuff as Anthony, maybe she has to warm up to the idea of sitting in front of a camera, I'd imagine it would be stressful.

10 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

If you value a 32 gig stick at a 100 bucks were talking 3 grand for a terabyte lol. So maybe when ram prices halve another 2 times we will see them.

Just now, Master Link said:

I hate to further side track this thread, but yea, cost is coming down a nice amount.  I'd like to see density come up a bit further and faster, but price reduction certainly helps.

I don't think there's any tech topic we can discuss that is really going to harm this thread at this point lol.

9 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

I'm sorry. Although I feel like it's been a while since I saw her in a vid, I didn't think it's been that long. If she already finished her transition, that's good for her. 🙂

2 hours ago, dimforest said:

To piggyback off another comment in this thread - I don't think anybody here is suggesting they aren't real people. We want and hope for the best but when something negative or malicious happens, we need to hold these real people accountable as well. If we don't, then they become less "real" in the sense that they're able to get away with wrong-doings due to status, followers, etc... 

yeah, but “holding accountable” is very different than “Linus should lose custody of kids for this since he clearly doesn't take SA seriously ” (Reddit comment) or “can Linus be arrested and tried for theft??” (Reddit and Forum comments) or “This company is clearly rotted to its core and they deserve to fail” (both sites). 

I think we agree changes need be made - but those changes should be made constructively and productively, not because the mob will accept nothing less than an honor killing of Linus’s entire career. 

9 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

Thanks just when we thought the Grammer police was bad enough now we got the pronoun police

This comment is transphobic. Why?

4 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

If you value a 32 gig stick at a 100 bucks were talking 3 grand for a terabyte lol. So maybe when ram prices halve another 2 times we will see them.

Not really that hard, LTT constantly asks manufacturers for free hardware to do weird and wild videos.

2 hours ago, jdh009 said:
NOTE: recording date of this is unknown to me, this could be old footage...

Transcript posted by elnachohat:

https://old.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15t1mzn/mandatory_meeting_the_after_madisons_departure/jwhlkus/

Spoiler

(speaker 1, Linus) So we called this meeting because it's come to our attention that we need to have a quick chat about the best way to handle HR related feedback and rumors. We won't be giving any names for what I hope are extraordinarily obvious reasons, but what we can do is give you the following guidelines for problem solving and conflict resolution.

Sorry that this is all boring and corporate, but here we are. Number one, always stand up for what's right. We're only a team as long as we're all working together and working for each other. That's the most important one. Number two, always reflect on your own personal experiences and use your common sense. Few things in life are truly black and white. Number three, always wait to hear both sides of a story before passing your own judgment. Be cautious when you know that one side is bound by legal and ethical disclosure guidelines, when the other is not. Carefully consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip against someone who has no power to defend themselves.

Number four, always encourage openness and transparency. If you have a problem, you need to speak up. We want to fix it. If you receive feedback about somebody else at this company, the first response is, have you spoken with this person? Followed closely by, you need to speak with this person. We don't solve interpersonal issues here, or really anywhere in your life, if you wish to live in a drama free zone, by engaging in water cooler politicking. So, if for any reason that individual is not comfortable approaching the person they're having a conflict with, we have a chain that they're supposed to follow.

So first, you advise them to take the problem to their manager. Followed by me or Yvonne, followed by our third party HR firm. I hope that you all trust that we're here to make this a safe, fun, and productive workplace, and we won't tolerate mistreatment of any of our team members.

If you have any reason to believe otherwise, then I refer you again to point number four, which is to address the issue with the individual directly, or bring it to me or Yvonne, or bring it to our third party HR firm. Since I'm not at liberty to share any details about what occurred, uh, all I can do is ask that you trust me and Yvonne.

Um, some of you know us very well, I've been here a very long time, um, some of you have not been here for as long, but I like to think that whether you've been here for nine years or nine days, you're here for a reason and you believe that we are utmost to run this company with integrity and compassion.

Um, We can't solve problems we don't know about though, so on that note, I'd like to invite anyone who has concerns about a fellow team member or about a manager to submit their feedback either by speaking with their manager, me or Yvonne directly, or if you would prefer to provide your feedback anonymously, we have an option for that as well.

It's the manager and co worker feedback form. Uh, Yvonne, if you're not aware of it, show of hands who is not aware of it. Hey, a lot of people aren't aware of it. Good, so now we all know. There's an anonymous form, if for whatever reason you're not comfortable, (inaudible) you can talk to me or Yvonne directly about it (inaudible) in the general chat.

It's a safe space to provide us ideas for improvement, or if you're consumed by the holiday spirit and you want to say nice things, you can do that too. Does anybody else have any questions?

Not a single questions? Wow, that must have been a really good speech.

(speaker 2, [redacted; by me])You gonna dance on that table, or just stand on it?

(speaker 1, Linus)That's it! So, um, Yvonne, did you have anything you wanted to add?

(speaker 3, Yvonne)(inaudible) Somebody said (inaudible) if you guys want to sanitize your hands, help yourself with free (inaudible)?

(speaker 1, Linus)Yeah, that was actually just totally random timing. It came up the stairs a moment ago. Dennis is on it. Alright. Thank you everyone. Have a wonderful and, uh, productive rest of your day. And weekend.

LMG was founded 2012. 9 years would be 2021. Soup left 2 years ago (?), 2021. Talking about hand sanitizer could be 2021 but that might as well be 2023.

Them reporting to him could mean older recording. With the new CEO Linus is no longer involved with this unless he made an exception for the current situation.

But what would change if this is an 2021 recording? They probably had the same situation with the only difference that their is now public pressure.

edit: She retired around 2021-12-11. Reading the words:

if you're consumed by the holiday spirit and you want to say nice things

This makes it obvious. It's an old recording very likely related to Madison.

People never go out of business.

Gamermeld just dropped a video if anyone can stand watching another one(I turned it on but I didn't listen lol).