Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, Fnige said:

You realise that in her twitter thread she talks about things that happen irl and not over emails.

Also she is a foreigner and very likely does not know that Canada only requires one party to consent for recordings. Plus how are you going to hide a camera so you can record the harassment? She gets caught with a camera, she is probably going to have to deal with being told off for it

You don't need to Video record. You can audio record, a feature that phones have had since...the iPhone 3G? 3GS? That excuse is not going to fly. You can easily start audio recording the moment you walk through the door and as soon as anyone told her to twerk for them, or someone called her or her work dogshit, then she had evidence right at that very moment.

And on TOP OF THAT, lets say for kek's sake that she wanted to record the interactions. Do you think she needs a Sony A7000 to record this? There are literal spy cameras IN PENS that you can get in bulk for like $20

5 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Because they can dish it but simply not take it.

It's truly as simple as that.  I know their type, they are like Gremlins, you can't feed them after midnight.

Not here to be an asshole mate you all probably havent even read my original thread but replying off someone’s quote taken out of context.  You all came at me to begin with and tore my post apart and chose to be asshole at me. I really didn’t think telling people to stick up for them self was such a terrible thing and to get legal consul before you social media blast someone 

1 minute ago, Sasha2D said:

They sure are quick.

Gotta get it up to send the link to their counsel.....gotta let the lawyers vet this one. 

Just now, Master Link said:

Awe, you DO love me!  😄

You just wanna resurface I had to show love ❤️

1 minute ago, KOAO said:

You don't need to Video record. You can audio record, a feature that phones have had since...the iPhone 3G? 3GS? That excuse is not going to fly. You can easily start audio recording the moment you walk through the door and as soon as anyone told her to twerk for them, or someone called her or her work dogshit, then she had evidence right at that very moment.

And on TOP OF THAT, lets say for kek's sake that she wanted to record the interactions. Do you think she needs a Sony A7000 to record this? There are literal spy cameras IN PENS that you can get in bulk for like $20

what a dumb comment.  Clearly someone who has never worked a job in corporate. 

1 minute ago, Master Link said:

No, you cannot, you cannot wire tap.  That is quite illegal.

Thats not what a wire tap is.

A wire tap is an unknown third party recording. not one of the two phones in the conversation recording. 

2 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Canada is a one consent jurisdiction. She is one of two parties, so it's legal.

Wiretapping would be if she bugged the office to listen to ALL CONVERSATIONS, which is illegal.

We gotta try harder than this man.

6 minutes ago, Skipple said:

There also appears to be a video coming on the topic. It's currently locked, even for floatplane viewers: 

image.png.ab1fc6e21a5b544ac313c662f45b6960.png

That's a text post not a video. 

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

2 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Canada has a one-party-consent law. Any one person needs to consent to a recording, regardless of the number of participants.

No.

image.thumb.png.cea95bf67c74c4eb0712f32fa9edf9e8.png

Thanks! I guess people doesn't care about the video then. GN everyone.

This font is amazing.

Just now, KOAO said:

Canada is a one consent jurisdiction. She is one of two parties, so it's legal.

Just for clarification: Wipe tapping implies zero party consent and is almost always illegal. 

What everyone is describing is one party consent, which is legal in Canada. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 minute ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

yes you could.....its only a crime in canada to do so and you could face both a fine or imprisonment according to "The Anti-Wiretapping Act of 1965 (RA 4200), which protects privacy, is a critical piece of legislation. Individuals who attempt to secretly overhear, intercept, or record private communications or spoken words without the consent of all concerned parties face a fine or imprisonment." According to THIS source

The The Anti-Wiretapping Act of 1965 is a law passed in the Phillipines. Canada falls under one party consent, with the exception for law enforcement that requires both parties to be aware.

If all is true, lawyers wouldn’t be the way I would proceed with this. We have the BC Human Rights Tribunal for situations just like this.

http://www.bchrt.bc.ca/human-rights-duties/employment/index.htm

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

what a dumb comment.  Clearly someone who has never worked a job in corporate. 

Except I have before. But it's OK to claim things I suppose. You seem to believe everything at face value.

34 minutes ago, zoopers said:

Regardless of the Madison stuff, do you really think LTT are the victims in the events of the last week?

Yikes.

No, absolutely not! The Billet Labs stuff is awful, the "asus cards are always great" blank statement by Jake was bad, the Noctua stuff was... Biased at least but does not surprise me, Linus always liked noctua a bit too much... And i really don't care about the mouse thingy. And yes, the videos are kinda bad, recently. All that said, about the Madison stuff, i'm yet to see someone "ripping her appart", because all i see is reasonable people asking for clarificaton or people with pitchforks.

3 minutes ago, Master Link said:

image.png.d5641714f15f163a7b29ea2202afeb68.pngBy their full quote, sure looks like a wire tap.

She's not a third party though, which is what wiretapping is. She is present in ALL the situations she would be recording. If she left her phone face down and left the room, and they talked about her behind her back, all that would be inadmissible because THAT would be wiretapping. She's not present, so it would be illegal to use as evidence and then she'd be charged for that.

C'mon man I like being screenshot like that, but we gotta try harder than that.

11 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I understand the joke just fine, it was a SaaS joke turned into a innuendo joke by the way it was said and pointing at the camera.

The angry mob are the ones taking sides with LMG on this, LMG isn't your friend.

Making jokes in a serious video, especially innuendo is in bad taste for what should be a serious apology video.

Also here's the definition of innuendo, in case people don't know what that means.

snip.png

Luke is more refrained than Linus. 

I asume we are reading way to much into something that, ar face value, from my part at least, as intended as "we'll be with the big boys".

That availability time comes with a lot of effort and a lot of implementations for DR, self healing, code optimization and so on.

Frasing it differently in a thech oriented audience does not make sense, and the grin I see it as a mark of satisfaction for the work he, along side his team, did and seeing the goal within reach.

In each WAN show when he speaks about his projects and the team, I see attachment, involment and pride.

Either way, the only thing that was not blew out of proportions and was as best as possible objective, was GN's initial video.

Time will pass and things will settle, hopefully for the best.

Hope they will get their shit together, fix what it is failing and patch things up as there is place for everyone and we need all of them to keep us up to date with what is going on in the tech world as best as humanly possible.

As a side note, I think Linus needs a holiday. He got caught in the machine he bulit and he failed to detach himself from it when it was needed.

He's human, he's bound make mistakes and be stupid at times as anyother.

That being said, it's obvious in many videos or WAN shows that he's on the edge and due to that shit like this happens.

He needs some time to get a foothold on himself.

Ok that's fair.

The other one saying it wasn't seemed to think it was just a phone recording which in this case it was a phone in an office.  I was under the impression that would still constitute as a wire tap.  If not then I stand corrected.

And Canada is a one party state?  Oh, in that case then yes, it should be legal.  I'd still consult a lawyer first.

we've devolved to braindead discussions, if madison was the one recording she wouldn't have had access to the meeting

13 minutes ago, William Isted said:

Fair point. I do infact understand that police may be involved in this. What I mean but didn't correctly articulate because this whole thread has been people saying the same stuff over and over about how police must be involved otherwise it's a somehow all a lie is that there is no requirement for the police to have been involved. There is no requirement for lawyers to be retained or involved.

We also don't know that police hadn't been involved, but if they had it seemingly didn't end up in arrests.

So we can totally speculate why things didn't happen, or did happen but there was no follow up. But there is also a presumed innocence. And in this case she is not accusing anyone specific, nor is she offering context. So I'm not gonna take her serious until she stops getting on her soap box, and instead go do something real.

She has been dragging LMG through the mud for over 1,5 years, and refuses to give anything real. Something what people (LMG) can actually respond to. She isn't worried about the fallout clearly, but she still won't give context. That says plenty.

I think everyone needs to stop banging on about the Luke 69 joke. That was filmed before the Madison twitter thread began and posted slightly after, there was no reason at time of filming to need to be sensitive around innuendos, and frankly it was hardly the most offensive thing around.

Focus instead on the fact that Linus told The Verge he knew nothing about this, when there is now literal evidence of him knowing something about this from the time Madison left.

4 minutes ago, Neroon said:

So we can totally speculate why things didn't happen, or did happen but there was no follow up. But there is also a presumed innocence. And in this case she is not accusing anyone specific, nor is she offering context. So I'm not gonna take her serious until she stops getting on her soap box, and instead go do something real.

She has been dragging LMG through the mud for over 1,5 years, and refuses to give anything real. Something what people (LMG) can actually respond to. She isn't worried about the fallout clearly, but she still won't give context. That says plenty.

"She has been dragging LMG through the mud for over 1,5 years"

She has not talked about LMG for a long time. When people ask on her streams she doesn't answer them other than to say she doesn't work there anymore.