Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

No it doesn't. It proves that people are being sexist about Madison.

I'm sorry, we are talking about the same person, right? I'm talking about the guy who said selecting the most attractive host is sexist.

Just now, shrimpboyho3 said:

Bro idk who tf you're talking about, but this is my own account that I made 5 minutes ago after reading your comment. I have never owned any other accounts. Anyway, perhaps try defining "sexist" like I asked?

A host's value is not tied to their attractiveness. Linus himself -- especially in the early days -- was not so attractive and yet was a very entertaining host.

Emily was an amazing host back when she was on camera, and was the amazing host she was not because of looks, but because of charisma and passion.

Saying that Madison would only be a good host if she was attractive is absolutely sexist because this standard is not applied to men, and also because it reduces her to her body and looks rather than valuing her for her character.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, foetoid said:

Y'all keep going on about this woman who has already demonstrated self-harm.

And another gallant knight rides in on his shining silver stallion to save the day! 

She hasn't "demonstrated" anything. Self-harm is a serious issue and her allegations should absolutely be investigated to the fullest extent. That doesn't change the fact that all she has done is make claims. Where is the demonstration? What planet do you people live on? 

2 minutes ago, foetoid said:

She's been trying to heal, and y'all are actively trying to bring her back into this in a public fashion.

She brought herself into the public's eye. No one reached out to her for comment. 

3 minutes ago, foetoid said:

She only came out publicly after y'all harassed her to the point where she couldn't do anything else.

Some shitty people harassed her in the past. No one here supports that. That was over a year ago. She hasn't had any harassment now, and she certainly hasn't had anything that has forced her to come out. She smelled blood in the water. 

Your virtue signaling is embarrassing for all involved. 

I'm sorry, we are talking about the same person, right? I'm talking about the guy who said selecting the most attractive host is sexist.

Yes, and that is accurate, and the people commenting on Madison's attractiveness are being sexist and doubly so when they say that her attractiveness made her a bad host. And that claim of sexism is what you seem to be opposing

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

A host's value is not tied to their attractiveness. Linus himself -- especially in the early days -- was not so attractive and yet was a very entertaining host.

Emily was an amazing host back when she was on camera, and was the amazing host she was not because of looks, but because of charisma and passion.

Saying that Madison would only be a good host if she was attractive is absolutely sexist because this standard is not applied to men, and also because it reduces her to her body and looks rather than valuing her for her character.

Okay I completely understand that attractiveness should definitely not be the only factor in selecting hosts.

And I agree, saying someone would *only* be a good host if they were attractive *would* be sexist, but in this context alone.

For something like a newscaster (braindead job) the most attractive person will be picked. That's just how it works, and there's nothing wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, shrimpboyho3 said:

How in the actual fuck is that sexist??? Obviously they will pick the more "attractive" host because they will attract more attention... hence the term attractive.

What is this MF on?

He sound like one of those resetera regulars: everything is racist, sexist, muh diversity, "believe" women and all that BS.

People careers, life got ruined by greedy lying women, like Chris Avalone, he cant recover, its public that she lied, he is suing but thats it, he lots his job and no one hires him except small studios

In a smaller studio, a women lied, man was weak and hanged himself, he couldn't prove to the mob that hes right, After he died, she came out, too late and police didn't do anything to her, she literally killed a man.

There are tons of stories like this, it was a period on twitter that it was "popular" to accuse man, and the woke mob would support these "women" and gang up on men, write to their bosses and so on, people lost jobs, some lost their lives, and most of it came out as fake.

1 minute ago, fXjZL5 said:

She smelled blood in the water. 

She realized that people would actually listen to her this time, when they hadn't before and had even actively harassed her before. That's not "blood in the water", and your battery of crap in that post is utterly disgusting.

4 minutes ago, foetoid said:

She's been trying to heal, and y'all are actively trying to bring her back into this in a public fashion.

She only came out publicly after y'all harassed her to the point where she couldn't do anything else.

It's sick. It's disgusting. Leave her alone. Leave this subject alone. It needs to be dealt with professionally, and privately.

Resolution isn't going to happen here. Y'all are only making it worse for her.

I think there is a very small group of these keyboard warriors that are just moronic incels. I feel like some people have INTENTIONALLY brought things up. I do worry for Madison, as I am sure this is bringing up a lot of nasty memories.

Yes, and that is accurate, and the people commenting on Madison's attractiveness are being sexist and doubly so when they say that her attractiveness made her a bad host. And that claim of sexism is what you seem to be opposing

Well I feel considering the circumstances (the allegations) it is completely inappropriate to even discuss her attractiveness, but my point is simply: in general, it is not sexist to choose a host based on attractiveness.

1 minute ago, _Hexenhammer_ said:

He sound like one of those resetera regulars: everything is racist, sexist, muh diversity, "believe" women and all that BS.

People careers, life got ruined by greedy lying women, like Chris Avalone, he cant recover, its public that she lied, he is suing but thats it, he lots his job and no one hires him except small studios

In a smaller studio, a women lied, man was weak and hanged himself, he couldn't prove to the mob that hes right, After he died, she came out, too late and police didn't do anything to her, she literally killed a man.

There are tons of stories like this, it was a period on twitter that it was "popular" to accuse man, and the woke mob would support these "women" and gang up on men, write to their bosses and so on, people lost jobs, some lost their lives, and most of it came out as fake.

I think you're lost, mate. This is the LinusTechTip forum. You're looking for the Incel forums in the darkweb.

She realized that people would actually listen to her this time, when they hadn't before and had even actively harassed her before. That's not "blood in the water", and your battery of crap in that post is utterly disgusting.

Perhaps. She still has not demonstrated anything. 

1 minute ago, Master Link said:

I'm now "the guy".

I'm sorry, I prefer to be called......."the dude".

Once again, I have provided logical reasoning as to why I think what I think.

You have just been arguing semantics. You're on that "I didn't *sell* it, I auctioned it" type shit.

2 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

And another gallant knight rides in on his shining silver stallion to save the day! 

She hasn't "demonstrated" anything. Self-harm is a serious issue and her allegations should absolutely be investigated to the fullest extent. That doesn't change the fact that all she has done is make claims. Where is the demonstration? What planet do you people live on? 

She brought herself into the public's eye. No one reached out to her for comment. 

Some shitty people harassed her in the past. No one here supports that. That was over a year ago. She hasn't had any harassment now, and she certainly hasn't had anything that has forced her to come out. She smelled blood in the water. 

Your virtue signaling is embarrassing for all involved. 

Dude, from what I've been reading over the past few days, people drug this out of her on Twitter just recently. I don't know her. But I tell you this much. If someone was pulling this bullshit on you, and I was aware, my stance would be the same. NO ONE deserves this kind of bullshit. Especially when they are known to be prone to self harm. Period.

3 minutes ago, _Hexenhammer_ said:

I won't even bother discussing the viability of believing all allegations. I believe all allegations should be taken seriously.

However I agree, this clown OP is the type of person to call everything and anything sexist.

11 minutes ago, foetoid said:

She came out publicly unprovoked. Like years after she quit LTT.

I won't even bother discussing the viability of believing all allegations. I believe all allegations should be taken seriously.

However I agree, this clown OP is the type of person to call everything and anything sexist.

All allegations should be taken seriously and investigated. They should not be believed without question, especially if many people's livelihoods and reputations may be destroyed. I can't believe these people are making this out to be a gender thing. This is true regardless of circumstance. Investigate, but do not accept until evidence is provided.

3 minutes ago, Datrat said:

I think there is a very small group of these keyboard warriors that are just moronic incels. I feel like some people have INTENTIONALLY brought things up. I do worry for Madison, as I am sure this is bringing up a lot of nasty memories.

While she happens to be the subject of my post, my stance applies to anyone. I don't know her. If you can't seem to figure out that your words carry weight and that you're responsible for them, that's a maturity issue that's going to come back to bite you just like Linus.

Just now, fXjZL5 said:

All allegations should be taken seriously and investigated. They should not be believed without question, especially if many people's livelihoods and reputations may be destroyed. I can't believe these people are making this out to be a gender thing. This is true regardless of circumstance. Investigate, but do not accept until evidence is provided.

This guy has got it. Thank you. Some sanity in this thread. I completely agree. I also have no idea how this has become a gender thing.

I am merely commenting on how it is *NOT* in fact sexist to select an attractive individual to be a show host. It's just common sense that will bring up analytics.

19 minutes ago, jos said:

I am torn between unsubbing and keep my subscription. One one hand this is extremely terrible, and on other hand, this channel has been extremely influential to me. I like gamers Nexus and other channels, but those would have never shaped me in liking tech. But Madison insident is just so illegal, untethical, and saddening. On top of that recording of 2021 with employees response to it just show the culture. Also I read about a kid and mother committed suicide because of him during ncix bankruptcy indirectly due to linus.

To be perfectly clear, the suicide was due to the fan harassing the kid not Linus. Maybe Linus could have handled his video on the NCIX auction differently or his telling of the story on wan and his negligence when covering that story probably had a role... but he didn't tell anyone to go after the kid and he certainly wouldn't have wanted anyone to.

Toxic fans exist everywhere in every community. It's absolutely horrible to hear, but even the most diligent creators who constantly remind their community how to behave are going to have people who flat out ignore them because they think they know better or think "they are just saying that to cover their butt"

As for everything else. If you are thinking of unsubbing do it. Assuming the allegations are true, what happened to Madison is not ok. I believe that LMG can improve and if you are on the fence then you can keep an open mind about subbing to them again in the future after they prove that they have made improvements, but in the short term do what lets you sleep at night.

Just now, fXjZL5 said:

Why do you care? He isn't the brightest. Why does his opinion matter? 

I don't exactly. I'm just genuinely curious as to whether this person has a real argument/some context I don't have, or will just continue arguing about my alleged usage of a VPN.

Smh.

2 minutes ago, foetoid said:

Dude, from what I've been reading over the past few days, people drug this out of her on Twitter just recently. I don't know her. But I tell you this much. If someone was pulling this bullshit on you, and I was aware, my stance would be the same. NO ONE deserves this kind of bullshit. Especially when they are known to be prone to self harm. Period.

Please PLEASE don't make it bad that she said this.  That is a distraction.  In fact it is people who have issues and vulnerabilities who are most likely to be taken advantage of.  If a corporation has the right processes, culture, and work environment a person can be a bundle of issues in their off hours but get their job done.  Their job can be the one sane part of their life.  

Does it sound like LTT was the one sane part of her life or like even more insanity?  Hmm?  

It is an unalloyed good that this has been aired out, finally now it can be dealt with.  If LTT can deal with this right.  If wrong was done, make it right, do it by all legal corporate means.  If someone is doing that kind of thing to female employees who may have more confidence and can tell them to back off... that's not great either.   

1 minute ago, castlev said:

She came out publicly unprovoked. Like years after she quit LTT.

This is BLATANTLY false

image.png.5b2ceb0f56bfb1ebdd561c01d46303ca.png

4 minutes ago, foetoid said:

Look, I was incendiary in my reply to you. My intention isn't to be rude. Not really. You just came in swinging so I matched the energy. But my point against you is the same as what I said to the other guy. I do not condone harassment of anyone, fucking obviously, but you say she is "known" to be prone to SI, when this is not the case. You do not "know" anything, just like she hasn't "demonstrated" anything. All we have are assertions. Be courteous to her, take the allegations seriously and investigate, but do not decide to destroy someone's company and life until and unless there is sufficient evidence. How is this an unreasonable standard? 

1 minute ago, Master Link said:

Oh sorry, I shut down my logical brain power to save it for those who aren't sexist and defending sexism.

This is not the thread for it and my tolerance of you has frankly dwindled.  Take a seat and chill out and reflect on yourself.  You literally came here without frankly ANY context which is why I know you are an alt account.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, and I neither have to explain it to you.  Honestly?  The cesspool coming out of your mouth, the other accounts mouth, are disgusting and need to take a back seat.  I have zero tolerance for sexism, and if you are going to spew it around me, boy you will sit your butt down.

- does not provide any sort of reasoning/argument

- assumes my gender (that is most definitely sexist, lol)

- still doesn't bring up any sort of logical argument

There are other, according to you, "non sexist" people on this thread calling you an idiot. Take your L and move on. You're wrong.

1 minute ago, Datrat said:

This is BLATANTLY false

image.png.5b2ceb0f56bfb1ebdd561c01d46303ca.png

Again, you don't know that, because you have no evidence.