Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, djksm said:

"tech nerds" "playing grab ass" hahahahaha lollllllll 

Lol it sounds ridiculous when you put it that way right? Like half the people that work there hace probably never even been laid, and they're walking up to the new girl and touching her lol. I just don't buy it.

5 hours ago, IronArm said:

I am sure that it added to it, but she was already being harassed by people. 

The amount of victim blaming you do is impressive. Are you saying she should have just kept her mouth close? That sounds like a GREAT way to think. It is rather easy to see which side of the fandom you sit on (hint: I referenced it in my last comment). 

Would love to keep hearing your expert opinion on how people with traumatic experiences should handle things. 

I think you are reading to much into my reply.

But I apologize as this does seem that I'm stepping into a personal minefield.

I am not on any side of the fandom, I try to stay objective, but as reasonable people can see, that isn't always easy.

everyone will forget about this in a few days who cares

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

2 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

Lol it sounds ridiculous when you put it that way right? Like half the people that work there hace probably never even been laid, and they're walking up to the new girl and touching her lol. I just don't buy it.

yeah exactly, and even if they did dont they have security cameras

8 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

I mean if you can't make it through life or a job without feeling so bad about dirty jokes and coworkers talking some shit when your new, you probably aren't cut our for many jobs in the real world other than being a twitch/YouTube streamer. If someone was actually slapping her ass or something, then yeah they should have been fired and they should have responded appropriately. But I just have a hard time believing a bunch of liberal tech nerds were playing grab ass with the girl they didn't like. Coming out 2 years later right after the GN video. I'm sure she probably didn't have the greatest experience working there but with all of the women that have been doing this lately, I suspect she now has money for a lawyer, and is trying to get public sympathy before she goes for the lawsuit.

That's a really bad take, and the kind of thing that results in covering up abuses. That's some Activision-level stuff, mate.

4 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

Terrible take, from both of you.

2 minutes ago, djksm said:

Mrwhosetheboss, MKBHD, and plenty more

Sounds vaguely familiar ...

Just looked them up how did YouTube never recommend a channel with 16m subscribers to me, considering I watch almost every LTT video and it feeds me tons of medium, small, and startup channels, seems kind of weird. 

Just now, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

Terrible take, from both of you.

Even if they did, won't lmg have security cameras in their office??? also you quoted the same person

WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING INVOLVED IN SOMETHING THAT CLEARLY ISNT OURS TO BE INVOLVED IN WHO CARESSSSSS ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM IF SHE NEEDED HELP SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HELP WHY DIDN'T SHE 

Even if they did, won't lmg have security cameras in their office??? also you quoted the same person

Your defense of sexual abuse is part of the "both of you", but, I dunno how to make a quote-reply cover the already-quoted-reply as well.

Just now, djksm said:

WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING INVOLVED IN SOMETHING THAT CLEARLY ISNT OURS TO BE INVOLVED IN WHO CARESSSSSS ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM IF SHE NEEDED HELP SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HELP WHY DIDN'T SHE 

Why are you getting involved.

8 minutes ago, nyanbinary said:

can't trust a word you read on reddit, especially text posts

Your defense of sexual abuse is part of the "both of you", but, I dunno how to make a quote-reply cover the already-quoted-reply as well.

?

Why are you getting involved.

why are you getting involved

im suprised this thread hasnt been shut down

7 minutes ago, djksm said:

yeah exactly, and even if they did dont they have security cameras

I'm sure they probably bought an insane amount of security cameras so they could play with them lol. Glad someone in here is being reasonable about this.

im suprised this thread hasnt been shut down

I mean if they shut it down someone will just make a new thread ( and probably a YouTube video) about how it got shut down lol.

2 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Hey um, look at their post history, they did admit to being a kid, and I kind of believe it, I don't feel comfortable bringing up sexual abuse with a kid in the room any longer.

With that said I'm going to sit this out for now.

you think kids dont know about this stuff, people do "the deed" in the MIDDLE SCHOOL bathrooms sooooooooooooooooo yeah i think kids know about this stuff

18 hours ago, kurangak said:

Hoo boy. thats an ammo GN definitely gonna use

I seriously doubt it.  This an entirely different issue, and very much outside of their area of expertise.  GN wasn't out to "take Linus down", just provide much needed criticism to their practices, which have been hurting beginners in the tech community.  Of course there is the issue of so much of this being unverifiable (even though I completely believe her).

Also, as a long time fan of GN, a lot of the fellow fans are just as toxic as the people here throwing insults at Madison.  Sometimes the sexist comments on their videos make me sick.  Sexism isn't limited to one corner of the tech community, it's a rampant issue.  GN has never taken a firm stance against it (to my knowledge at least) so it would be weird to see it happening now.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Y'all should really be ashamed of yourselves. You are actively abusing a woman who has already been abused to make a point. This was my response to the Reddit thread.  If you can't see that you are forcing someone to relive their trauma in order to stroke your own ego, that's disgusting.

I'm not saying, and have not said, that anything about this situation from the LTT side is justified or excusable, but from a community side you are forcing a woman who is already struggling with the situation, and self-admittedly self-harm, to face her demons again on the public stage.

---

Y'all have lost sight of what is ACTUALLY important here and it sickens me to no end.

So I want to be clear at the onset, I have no reason to believe Madison is lying. That being said, I also have no reason to believe that the OP hasn't posted this out of context. Whether this audio is directly related to this event or not cannot factually be determined by us in the public.

While they are not without reproach, there are any multitude of reasons that Linus and/or Yvonne may not have heard about the situation that Madison experienced. There may be any number of reasons why Madison didn't escalate it to the highest degree (Many of which she describes herself. All of which are rooted in fear. I understand this very well as you will see later). It would appear as though anonymous reporting was available, however perhaps due to lack of dissemination or fear yet again, this path was not chosen to address the issue.

Culture could be part of the problem as a small organization. It seems that everyone believes that if you have 100+ employees, you are now a large organization. This is laughable, and illuminates a decidedly small world view.

A disconnect with reality due to generational gaps in such a small organization with young staff members seems more likely to me. This does not justify anything, I simply offer it as an observation.

If such young staff members treated an even younger staff member in the ways described and their underdeveloped brains that lived in isolation from the opposite sex for ages caused them to act out, of course they're going to hide it from more mature and senior members of staff.

AGAIN, this does not justify ANYTHING. It only offers some a possible idea about what took place.

We don't know if actions by Madison provoked the other parties to behave in the way they did. Again, thinking about ages of staff members, undeveloped brains, and hormones. And again, not justifying anything.

This is an extremely complex and sensitive issue. It needs to be handled with the respect it deserves, and now that it's out in the open, it appears that it will be handled as such.

Although the handling of it so publicly is a shame for Madison. She has been brought back into a situation where she will have to open old wounds and prove her case. All the while the public mob is going to be harassing her even more.

She wanted her life back, she wanted to heal, and you all stole that from her. That is shameful.

Don't think for a second I don't want a predator castrated. I've experienced my fair share of corporate sexual harassment. A senior manager of a company I worked 30x large as LMG lured me to their house on false pretenses only to try to get me to engage in sexual acts. I was then shamed into silence by managers, and when it finally came out with HR there was simply nothing they could do.

Give LMG the opportunity to do their homework. That's more than most victims get.

4 minutes ago, djksm said:

why are you getting involved

I'm not the one who posted an all-caps message complaining, I'm just asking why you don't follow your own example.

10 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

That's a really bad take, and the kind of thing that results in covering up abuses. That's some Activision-level stuff, mate.

I wasn't expecting a bunch of people to agree.