Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, schwarzerrogen said:

In Canada, it's a Felony.

Thank you for the info

4 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

You must have missed the number of times where I stated I WORK IN HR, IT'S MY FUCKING JOB.

I feel like you are the HR person companies should have and you are talking to the HR person most conpanies have. 😅

2 hours ago, coopa said:

My lord, Linus needs to get out of his own way. His reply is not as bad as the one on Gamers Nexus, to be abundantly clear.

Most of his reply is actually measured and professional, but the problem to me is that he's clearly not on the same page as Terren Tong (CEO). Linus' third paragraph says that the HR team would be conducting a review (which, given that his wife, who owns 50% of the company, is the CFO and apparently the head of HR, would be impossible to be totally impartial).

Terren in a separate email says what needed to be said: 

While Terren's email does supplement what Linus said, it is a massively important distinction (because it means someone with no stake in the results of the report will review the allegations and give an impartial opinion on what is or is not true) and it indicates that Linus gave a reply that was either not fully vetted by everyone or not vetted at all. For god's sake man, you NEED to run everything through a proper PR process for issues this serious. All of this should have been in one cohesive statement given at once. And apparently LMG doesn't have a press email? (Dextero used the contact form on their website because it didn't list a press contact email...) A lot of this pain and disjointed replies could be avoided if they had a central inbox for press inquiries.

I will say on a positive note no matter your opinion on the veracity of the claims, hiring a third party impartial investigator is absolutely the most responsible thing you could do, so props to LMG on that. And the limited nature of the response from LTT is understandable given the circumstances and pending investigation.

Why do people keep saying his wife is the head of HR? This just shows that no one watched the video, Colton is the Head of HR now!

1 minute ago, avgvstvs said:

Well, i guess that "being grabbed" is probably a criminal offense, or at least a felony. It is a serious thing and should be treated as such, and that's the main reason that i don't really believe her story. Also, LMG had and still have a few female employees (i can think of Max, Emily (not the new Emily), Maria, Sarah, Janice, Nicole...) And they're all fine, i guess? Surely if LMG was a sexist workplace full of predators, in 15 years, someone would have said anything, right?

The IT / Software industry from my personal experience is sexiest and there is plenty of things to do about it. Posting about it on one of the currently probably most misogynistic platforms of self promoters is not the first thing that comes to my mind. Also there is history to this all and there was outrage and drama already when she decided to leave.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

what a joke!!  funny how Maddison comes out with a statement like this right now!! do I believe her, not in a million years, I think she took the job and it wasn't what she thought, she was in over her head and wanted a way out. 

So firstly you have to question the other staff if this was allowed to go on then what does it say about the other women there? I think some other women would have said something, do you not? 

She mentioned that Linus announced the job before she knew about it. she has a month she could have said no or how much, and then I have seen people mention her workload, F*ck me I would kill for a workload like that.  

If her case is cast iron, why hasn't she taken legal action? do they not have no win no fee? She will be on late at night with steve burke doing an interview. 

9 minutes ago, avgvstvs said:

Also, LMG had and still have a few female employees (i can think of Max, Emily (not the new Emily), Maria, Sarah, Janice, Nicole...)

I think a lot of the female employees are quite new, relatively speaking. I can't keep track of the growth in their staff, every time I look at the page I'm amazed how many more people there are and a lot of them don't appear on camera so it's almost impossible to keep track of when they were hired. 

In any case it's safe to say women are a distinct minority among the staff, probably even more so at the time Madison was hired. Being the newest hire, and also almost certainly being the youngest employee, also could have made her a target in ways that other women weren't. 

And they're all fine, i guess?

Maybe. Or Maybe they don't feel comfortable speaking up. Or maybe they weren't targeted by the abusers because of calculations in the abusers' heads we can never understand.

Some predators would be equally horrible to every woman they encounter, others would just target a particular person (maybe because they were attracted to that person and it wasn't reciprocated, maybe because they disliked that person, maybe because that person just seemed like someone they could harass/abuse and get away with it).

So, maybe other women there have gotten the same shit, maybe not. Has no bearing on what Madison is saying. 

Surely if LMG was a sexist workplace full of predators, in 15 years, someone would have said anything, right?

Seems like maybe someone just did? 

I suppose if any other women who are current or former employees at LTT spoke up now then we'd have people on this thread saying it's a dog-pile, timing is suspicious, etc. There will never be a right time for them to speak up. There will always be a reason to dismiss them. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

I can't tell if you're calling me out or agreeing with me.

Well it is a perfect example then to show how one side can't decide what the interaction was and makes up it's mind later under different circumstances, isn't it?

To elaborate. You are dead wrong. And the explanations  you give are fuelling this cycle of false accusations, rumours, gossip, abusers not being persecuted and women feeling powerless despite having the tools to deal with a problem.

Madison should've gone to the police to report how she was treated, if the workplace didn't react.  It completely does not matter if it would be hard, if she would be crying or breaking down every 5 min. By keeping silent for 2 years she has dammed herself to living with this alone, and her claims are now under never ending torrent of doubts and insults, because the internet is unforgiving. I am 100% sure that this burst out will not solve her problem but make it worse and because it was public it will last much longer.

1 minute ago, avgvstvs said:

Well, i guess that "being grabbed" is probably a criminal offense, or at least a felony. It is a serious thing and should be treated as such, and that's the main reason that i don't really believe her story. Also, LMG had and still have a few female employees (i can think of Max, Emily (not the new Emily), Maria, Sarah, Janice, Nicole...) And they're all fine, i guess? Surely if LMG was a sexist workplace full of predators, in 15 years, someone would have said anything, right?

It's entirely possible Madison had a bad (possibly civil law violating) experience with a manager or employees that may or may not still be there. But the more I look at this, there's basically no way she hasn't committed Defamation. She's saying a lot of people knew, no one was responding to complaints and that Linus, specifically, ignored the problem.  LMG has had a full HR department for a number of years, which means they have a full file on her time at the company.  She has also publicly confirmed to having serious mental health issues throughout the duration of her employment at LMG.  Everyone else at LMG, at the time, is likely to have a very different perspective on their interactions with her.  And, because she was on the social media side, LMG will have a lot of video of her interactions with people.

This isn't going to end well for anyone.

9 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

No but I wanted to mention it for the mods. You seem to be taking it too personally lol.

If anything having your account on this up until recently basically dead forum is probably harming them more than helping them. You're taking up like. A few megabytes of space.

2 minutes ago, dave6018 said:

So firstly you have to question the other staff if this was allowed to go on then what does it say about the other women there? I think some other women would have said something, do you not? 

Really says a lot about your mindset when your first instinct is to find other women to blame. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

It's entirely possible Madison had a bad (possibly civil law violating) experience with a manager or employees that may or may not still be there. But the more I look at this, there's basically no way she hasn't committed Defamation. She's saying a lot of people knew, no one was responding to complaints and that Linus, specifically, ignored the problem.  LMG has had a full HR department for a number of years, which means they have a full file on her time at the company.  She has also publicly confirmed to having serious mental health issues throughout the duration of her employment at LMG.  Everyone else at LMG, at the time, is likely to have a very different perspective on their interactions with her.  And, because she was on the social media side, LMG will have a lot of video of her interactions with people.

...yes, if you can prove on the balance of probabilities that it is false. but, you're just assuming it is false and then hopskipping that a judge would agree with you too

20 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

I cancelled my account deletion JUST because of the fact Terren hired an external investigator to look into Madison's allegations.

Linus, sell everything if you don't want to see your life's work be completely burned down to cinders. Completely friendly advice.

Why do you think anyone cares about your day-old account, or you leaving, at all?

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You're an expert in what happened with Madison because of these one-sided anecdotes you're sharing about your personal experiences. So. 

With that logic you can dismiss what Madison said as anecdotes too. Well done. *slow claps* 

4 minutes ago, Ferazam said:

Can you expand on the "politics" involved? Are you implying some ulterior motive? 

You also set an extremely high bar to consider her word (only a lawsuit), but feel free to speculate that she might have schizophrenia based on nothing. I don't think you understand how broad the term "mental health" is vast, and by the way, there is a massive chance that you or someone close to you either have an undiagnosed mental health issue or will have it during your lifetime. Then be kinder and don't treat it like mental health means "craziness."

I'm a military veteran, I'm well aware of how broad "mental health" is, I've seen plenty variety of such in various extremely stressful environments. It could be as trivial as just being stressed out to as severe as paranoid schizophrenia. The field I worked in, a simple suggestion of an issue could have your clearance revoked and be unable to perform your duties in a field already extremely undermanned. 

I don't speculate anything; I merely suggest how broad such a term can be used by using an extreme example. If you're interpreting my statement as "she might have schizophrenia" then you're providing the exact reason of why I suggest that politics are involved. If you hadn't considered that "given the statements" includes LMG/LTT's responses, then I would recommend adjusting the lense at which you use to view other perspectives.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

19 minutes ago, stylemessiah said:

either back it up in a court that isnt public opinion, or pipe down

everyone is tired of unproven "truth bombs" lobbed from keyboards into the ether of popularity contests on the interwebs

Likely won’t be proven one way or another by a court. I don’t think there’s any reason for a court to be involved at this point. Other than for civil damages if it comes to that later on.

5 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

Well I'm just gonna leave this here LTT needs to lawyer up 

That recording is not new in any way, but already has been shared and discussed publicly before. Someone is trying to make up a story/drama here again. 

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

33 minutes ago, Cletis said:

Doing what she’s doing now is neither cheap or effective either. If you’re gonna publicly accuse someone with no merit to anything you’re saying all you’re doing is hurting your own case and image. If you feel this strongly about a workplace situation then you should get lawyers and authority involved and press the issue every week till you get result. 

She’s already said why she is afraid to, the LTT “community” is a bunch of psychopaths, sycophants full of hate and evil. It’s safer to just move on than threaten the object of adore of what’s basically a cult of personality. 

21 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

She's clearly a scorned employee who is clout chasing.   If she had real accusations, she should go to the police and make real accusations and name real people.  

Read the god damn threads. Defence of this stupid opinion has been posted several times.

@Middcore Question are personally going to help this topic reach 100 pages in a single day? Linus seriously fucked up multiple times and the community outraged but every time I refresh my page I see that you have replied to someone again

1 minute ago, Caphenning said:

She’s already said why she is afraid to, the LTT “community” is a bunch of psychopaths, sycophants full of hate and evil. It’s safer to just move on than threaten the object of adore of what’s basically a cult of personality. 

BC literally has protected reporting through government agencies for work place issues. But she took to Twitter because she has other axes to grind about her time at the company. (She signed a contract she didn't like, which is understandable to be annoyed about.)

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

why is there 0 possibility that she is telling the truth and linus and other managers tried to brush everything under the rug? 

10 minutes ago, DrHax34 said:

Why do people keep saying his wife is the head of HR? This just shows that no one watched the video, Colton is the Head of HR now!

When Madison was still at the company, Yvonne was the head of HR. Colton took the role just recently. 

Just now, Majestic12 said:

With that logic you can dismiss what Madison said as anecdotes too. Well done. *slow claps* 

You literally came in this thread, your first post and your first post on the forum overall, saying you disbelieved Madison based on anecdotal personal experience. 

Then when other people question your account of your experiences, you say that you weren't there so they don't know. But you weren't there for what allegedly happened to Madison either.

If you had just said "There's no hard proof for this, so I can't take it as credible" like some other people have, that would at least be a somewhat defensible position. But either these unverifiable, one-sided accounts of stuff that happened have validity, or they don't. If you expect us to take yours seriously, you have to take Madison's seriously as well. If you say other people can't question your experiences, you can't question Madison's.

What we're left with, reading between the lines of your posts, is that you have an axe to grind because people you work with have complained about your behavior repeatedly (although of course you swear all the complaints were unjust), and now because of this you assume anybody who complains about being mistreated by a coworker, anywhere, ever, is lying, despite your complete lack of actual knowledge of what happened or didn't happen.