Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Who says she won't do that anyway when LMG will sue her?

Does GN not have a forum?

Just now, Majestic12 said:

Oh god I wouldn't want to work in HR where you work.

"Hello HR, person X said something I didn't like, please mediate". If you think that's their job ... wow. Mediation is meant for insurmountable differences and disagreements, ongoing problems, clashes, etc. Not because you misunderstood what someone said and immediately felt offended. I know "offended" is like a magical word these days but it doesn't mean you can just throw someone under the bus because YOU happened to not like what someone said even though they didn't mean anything negative.

Again, that it's always happening to you is very telling.

14 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

Not everyone. Some people need to come out to move on. In her case she couldn’t cause she would be speaking out against a popular internet celebrity. Now that people’s faith in LMG is at an all time low, she felt comfortable enough to come out and move on. 

Yeah. I was going to say something similar but you worded it better than I could. Thanks!

1 minute ago, LienusSebauction said:

What account are you on about?

Mine lol.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 minute ago, 1982 Original said:

I have no idea honestly. XD

7 minutes ago, Tanaz said:

My 2 cents on the situation - I highly doubt Madison would suddenly make shit up especially considering the fact that she can destroy her life if she's slandering LMG and gets sued. So why did she choose yesterday of all days to come forward? In my opinion comes down to 2 things - 1) people asking her and spamming her inbox and 2) for the first time since she left public opinion wasn't on the side of LMG. Can you imagine her coming forward just a week prior? She'd get pummeled by the entire community. Hell, she's getting pummeled now after all the other shit happened.

So in essence, human memory is faulty so there might be some inaccuaracies or misappropriations in her statement but I do believe that the bulk of it is true and it might be the first domino to fall in what could be a long list of employees deciding to tell what their experience has been like.

Ehhh.... I dunno. Given her age and social media presence, I could easily see her starting something she didn't account for and ending up in a tough spot. That isn't a far stretch for me to associate with someone in her position. I don't know though, time will tell. If it is true I hope more step up and have her back. If it's not, well, that would not be good. I feel it's probably somewhere in the middle based on what I've learned thus far, but I recognize that means just about nothing at the end of the day to anyone else.  

3 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Oh god I wouldn't want to work in HR where you work.

"Hello HR, person X said something I didn't like, please mediate". If you think that's their job ... wow. Mediation is meant for insurmountable differences and disagreements, ongoing problems, clashes, etc. Not because you misunderstood what someone said and immediately felt offended. I know "offended" is like a magical word these days but it doesn't mean you can just throw someone under the bus because YOU happened to not like what someone said even though they didn't mean anything negative. And like I said: if you DO do that, you will quickly be seen a problem. Companies don't like employees who cause strife for ridiculously small things.

You must have missed the number of times where I stated I WORK IN HR, IT'S MY FUCKING JOB.

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

Mine lol.

The forum account that you made yesterday? Do you seriously think anybody gives a fucking shit?

2 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

The attempts to make this a GN-vs-LTT, which-team's-jersey-do-you-wear thing were silly enough after the GN video, when we're talking about accusations much more serious than sloppy reviews from an LTT employee which have nothing to do with GN it's downright pathetic. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, LienusSebauction said:

The forum account that you made yesterday? Do you seriously think anybody gives a fucking shit?

No but I wanted to mention it for the mods. You seem to be taking it too personally lol.

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

No but I wanted to mention it for the mods. You seem to be taking it too personally lol.

No I just don't get it. You're making some vague threat about something that doesn't matter, at all.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

No one has popped up with full understanding of the BC Criminal and Civil Codes. Generally, she has accused the company, LMG, of some sort of violation of Worker's Rights. And one of her posts implies Linus directly violated at least civil laws. Criminal stuff would require more, well, Canadian legal insight.

Well, i guess that "being grabbed" is probably a criminal offense, or at least a felony. It is a serious thing and should be treated as such, and that's the main reason that i don't really believe her story. Also, LMG had and still have a few female employees (i can think of Max, Emily (not the new Emily), Maria, Sarah, Janice, Nicole...) And they're all fine, i guess? Surely if LMG was a sexist workplace full of predators, in 15 years, someone would have said anything, right?

2 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

Again, that it's always happening to you is very telling.

I'm sure you're an expert now of what happened. If you want to know: I worked there for 4 years and the boss wanted me to prepare to become manager while they had worked there for far longer and they did all kinds of things to undermine & sabotage me. They made me a villain to tons of workers and trust me, it's not a fun position to be in but it also means I know VERY well that you can't trust someone's testimonies like that when they're this vague. 

Just now, Majestic12 said:

I'm sure you're an expert now of what happened. 

You're an expert in what happened with Madison because of these one-sided anecdotes you're sharing about your personal experiences. So. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, LienusSebauction said:

No I just don't get it. You're making some vague threat about something that doesn't matter, at all.

What threat?

1 minute ago, Majestic12 said:

I'm sure you're an expert now of what happened. If you want to know: I worked there for 4 years and the boss wanted me to prepare to become manager while they had worked there for far longer and they did all kinds of things to undermine & sabotage me. They made me a villain to tons of workers and trust me, it's not a fun position to be in but it also means I know VERY well that you can't trust someone's testimonies like that when they're this vague. 

Yeah, you're definitely one of those.

"They're out to destroy me" lmao jfc.

6 minutes ago, avgvstvs said:

Well, i guess that "being grabbed" is probably a criminal offense, or at least a felony. It is a serious thing and should be treated as such, and that's the main reason that i don't really believe her story. Also, LMG had and still have a few female employees (i can think of Max, Emily (not the new Emily), Maria, Sarah, Janice, Nicole...) And they're all fine, i guess? Surely if LMG was a sexist workplace full of predators, in 15 years, someone would have said anything, right?

Felony? I think it's more along the lines of a misdemeanor. Hell, in Italy I think it's ok so long as it's under 10 seconds

Edit: I was advised in Canada it is indeed a Felony, unlike the US. 

Edited by DakotaCx
correction

15 minutes ago, Middcore said:

An actual mental health professional (at least, a good one) wouldn't make offhand comments on an internet forum judging someone's mental health based solely on observing social media posts. 

My guess is that he was talking about me.

Everyone is making assumptions here on based what they believe to be true, why else are you even arguing here if that wasn't true?

I said what I said, because when you do this work long enough, you see patterns. Does that mean I'm saying it's all 1 big lie? No. In fact I definitely believe some things were said, I would also say it's lacking mass amounts of context, and when discussions get heated, people can say things that they would normally not do.

If someone comes up to you, and tell you that your mother is a dirty piece of shit whore, who licked his asshole last night for a dollar, and you tell him to shut the fuck up, that person could now say "Middcore told me to shut the fuck up" and pretend he's the victim.

All those messages lack context, they don't even state who said it, or in what function they were, or why they said it. For example she said she was asked to twerk for a coworker, what's the context here? Yeah it sounds bad, but aside from us not knowing it's true, we have no clue what's going on. Maybe they made a suggestion for a video where they wanted to do something funny, I mean most presenters have done some weird stuff to make fun videos. It could have been a perfectly open question if she would be ok doing that for a funny piece, she said no, and they dropped it immediately. But we don't know, there is no context.

So when someone drops a ton of very bad sounding messaged, without offering any context whatsoever, they are not trying to explain what happened, they are just creating drama, because she damn well knows that no one can do shit with this info. Hell LMG will have issues doing anything with this, because there is no context. If she had stated "James told me to go to Riley and twerk infront of his face for fun and off camera", then they could just dispute that. But now it's all just without any context, and everyone can make of it as they like.

Now ask yourself, what kind of person drops this many bombs, without offering any context? What kind of person creates the drama, without us actually understanding what happened? These are the rants of someone who is pissed off and wants to damage others. Not someone who wants you to understand what actually went on, tell the real story.

16 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

Trust me, the average HR rep. wants to do good for the person, the top of the HR team is a crapshoot. I know that a few HR teams I've been on are actually useful, some are bureaucratic, and some are useless. It depends on the head of HR and the board.

My experience has been the opposite. I have a terrible experience with HR, my colleagues at the same employer as well. But I heard very similar stories from a ton of other people at other organizations. All of these organizations are btw focused on mental health. You are basically a great employee until you get sick, that's when you become a problem and they want to get rid of you asap. I've seen plenty of really disgusting practices, including towards me. Their bottom line is money, not people.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's the same everywhere, but I've heard more bad then good with people who have been sick for longer periods.

1 minute ago, DakotaCx said:

Felony? I think it's more along the lines of a misdemeanor. Hell, in Italy I think it's ok so long as it's under a certain amount of time. 

In Canada, it's a Felony.

5 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

You must have missed the number of times where I stated I WORK IN HR, IT'S MY FUCKING JOB.

Well nice for you - and you told this to someone else not me. It's still not the job of HR to mediate between employees for every tiny little thing. Of course it gives you job security but even a teacher will tell kids to try & work things out before they come to them. Are you saying employees are even worse than kids in handling things?

Just now, schwarzerrogen said:

In Canada, it's a Felony.

Thank you for the info

2 hours ago, coopa said:

My lord, Linus needs to get out of his own way. His reply is not as bad as the one on Gamers Nexus, to be abundantly clear.

Most of his reply is actually measured and professional, but the problem to me is that he's clearly not on the same page as Terren Tong (CEO). Linus' third paragraph says that the HR team would be conducting a review (which, given that his wife, who owns 50% of the company, is the CFO and apparently the head of HR, would be impossible to be totally impartial).

Terren in a separate email says what needed to be said: 

While Terren's email does supplement what Linus said, it is a massively important distinction (because it means someone with no stake in the results of the report will review the allegations and give an impartial opinion on what is or is not true) and it indicates that Linus gave a reply that was either not fully vetted by everyone or not vetted at all. For god's sake man, you NEED to run everything through a proper PR process for issues this serious. All of this should have been in one cohesive statement given at once. And apparently LMG doesn't have a press email? (Dextero used the contact form on their website because it didn't list a press contact email...) A lot of this pain and disjointed replies could be avoided if they had a central inbox for press inquiries.

I will say on a positive note no matter your opinion on the veracity of the claims, hiring a third party impartial investigator is absolutely the most responsible thing you could do, so props to LMG on that. And the limited nature of the response from LTT is understandable given the circumstances and pending investigation.

Why do people keep saying his wife is the head of HR? This just shows that no one watched the video, Colton is the Head of HR now!

1 minute ago, avgvstvs said:

The IT / Software industry from my personal experience is sexiest and there is plenty of things to do about it. Posting about it on one of the currently probably most misogynistic platforms of self promoters is not the first thing that comes to my mind. Also there is history to this all and there was outrage and drama already when she decided to leave.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log