Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

4 minutes ago, lavenderu said:

People have been complaining, asking why Madison didn't speak about this before. This is the same logic one could apply to the victims of any abusive situation. In many circumstances the incident is not immediately reported and will often be revealed a long time into the future. As a victim of child sexual abuse, it took my stepfather being reported by a child at the school he worked at for me to be brave enough to say he did it to me too. I was, although young, fully intent on keeping the secret forever once it had happened, because I could not simply even conceive of telling somebody.

This is very common. Obviously not the same thing, but it's clear Madison did not want to air this out in public, because you don't deliberately stay as quiet as she did unless you really don't want to talk about it . Like what, she was just waiting for the best moment to shit on LMG these past few years? It just gave her courage, guys.

Actually that part is really easy - LTT has a huge fan base, going against LTT would have likely made people really angry at her because she doesn't have any proof for  her accusations. Now that the community is turning against LTT it's  obviously the best time to speak out. Look at MeToo: loads of testimonies started to pop up after a few people speak out. Suddenly "everyone" was groped or molested by Harvey Weinstein. There's safety in doing this when there's other lightning rods around to take part of the heat.

It sounds like you have a history of speaking in ways that might be easily misconstrued. Funny, I've gone my entire life without this happening.

3 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

It still doesn't excuse things. People should learn to talk things over instead of going behinds their backs to accuse them of something terrible to the boss. It creates a really bad work atmosphere to do things like that and it's likely this is what created bad blood between her and the rest of the team. Again, all this I've seen many times in my professional life so I know it happens. It's often because people want to forego confrontations but in going behind their backs they're actually making things way worse, especially if it involves an understanding.

Would YOU like to be called to the boss because a colleague accused you of something you absolutely didn't mean in a negative way? It happened to me more than once in the past and I can tell you it's no fun. It also makes you really dislike the person who put you in that position.

It's not their job to mediate these things with you, and this isn't high school.

An "understanding" is probably one of the slimiest things I've read in recent memory.  Exactly what "understading" is this?

Canadian bros, can you guys clarify something for me? I mean, shes basically accusing someone or a group of people of sexual harassement. That's a crime, as far as i know. I don't think you need a lawyer to pursuit a CRIMINAL offense, right? I mean, doesn't the Canadian State represent the victim here? At least that's how it works here in Brazil.

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Yeah, let's not, because it's completely irrelevant. 

Only it is....

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

An actual mental health professional (at least, a good one) wouldn't make offhand comments on an internet forum judging someone's mental health based solely on observing social media posts. 

Gotta remember it doesn't take much to enter these professions initially when we're nice and immature, and now the allure of 24/7 social media posting too. 

Entry level ages (roughly):
Paramedic: 19
RN: 20 
LSW (counselor): 20
MD: 25

A lot of people get in trouble these days figuring out what they can and can't do or say online/tik tok/etc.
I don't think it's a stretch that people would comment on their takes these days. Whether that means they aren't "good" I dunno. It's one thing to share an opinion on a stranger, it's something else to share a confidential opinion on a patient. 

Signed,
A medical professional. 

1 minute ago, schwarzerrogen said:

That is the most tone-deaf and uninformed thoughts about how harassment and how victims should be expected to react I have ever seen.

The world isn't that black-or-white.

Yes. We should instead just post on twitter for validation, leaving the actual abusers without any repercussions still at work so they could just continue abusing others. We should - just like Madison (if her claims are true) suffer in silence and then one day just burst out on Twitter to start receiving another batch of texts, calls, posts being called dramatic or a liar or just told that we just imagined it.

You are perpetuating the cycle of abuse and fuelling the arguments on how women are not capable of making serious decisions about themselves and by proxy shouldn't be given positions of power as unable to deal with stress or situations that require personal involvement. 

Just now, stylemessiah said:

Only it is....

show us the gendertruth stylemessiah

1 minute ago, Reclus said:

Yes. We should instead just post on twitter for validation, leaving the actual abusers without any repercussions still at work so they could just continue abusing others. We should - just like Madison (if her claims are true) suffer in silence and then one day just burst out on Twitter to start receiving another batch of texts, calls, posts being called dramatic or a liar or just told that we just imagined it.

You are perpetuating the cycle of abuse and fuelling the arguments on how women are not capable of making serious decisions about themselves and by proxy shouldn't be given positions of power as unable to deal with stress or situations that require personal involvement. 

I can't tell if you're calling me out or agreeing with me.

My 2 cents on the situation - I highly doubt Madison would suddenly make shit up especially considering the fact that she can destroy her life if she's slandering LMG and gets sued. So why did she choose yesterday of all days to come forward? In my opinion comes down to 2 things - 1) people asking her and spamming her inbox and 2) for the first time since she left public opinion wasn't on the side of LMG. Can you imagine her coming forward just a week prior? She'd get pummeled by the entire community. Hell, she's getting pummeled now after all the other shit happened.

So in essence, human memory is faulty so there might be some inaccuaracies or misappropriations in her statement but I do believe that the bulk of it is true and it might be the first domino to fall in what could be a long list of employees deciding to tell what their experience has been like.

Ada is worse than Ampere which is worse than Fermi, change my mind.

System:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS X570 TUF
  • RAM
    2X16GB Kingston Fury 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 4080 Super Gaming OC
  • Case
    Fractal Torrent
  • Storage
    A lot of SSDs
  • PSU
    Seasonic 1000W Platinum
  • Display(s)
    Main: ASUS PG27AQDM 240hz 1440p WOLED
    Secondary: Alienware AW2521HF 1080p 240hz
    Third: Samsung C34F791 UltraWide 1440p 100hz
    Fourth: LG 48' C2 OLED TV
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
  • Keyboard
    Ducky Shine 7
  • Mouse
    GPX Superlight
  • Sound
    Logitech Z906 / Sennheiser 560s / Rode NT-USB
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro

Lets not forget the current generations get super knee jerk triggered by the softest things....

I mean i joined the army at 16, but now your average 16yo when faced with anything more taxing than playing a game will claim that youre triggering their anxiety, and theyre off for a prescription for some drug or other because theyre soft as fuck

3 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Real quick as its been lost in the thread, which news agency had a response from Linus regarding this?  The Verge?

Wanted to read his reply.

Aye, was The Verge.

2 minutes ago, stealthwang said:

show us the gendertruth stylemessiah

oh, so i was the only one using generalizations here, good for you to point that untruth to me....

Lets not forget the current generations get super knee jerk triggered by the softest things....

I mean i joined the army at 16, but now your average 16yo when faced with anything more taxing than playing a game will claim that youre triggering their anxiety, and theyre off for a prescription for some drug or other because theyre soft as fuck

Oh god uphill both ways through the snow, okay grampa get along now you're late for your VFW lodge pot lock

15 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

But ultimately removing bad actors and problematic employees is also good of the company. If a manager is constantly being reported on for insulting employees or degrading his direct reports, that is a liability that no company wants to deal with.

I think this is what people fail to account for. Yes, HR (or whatever it's called now.. People Operations?) has a stigma and does want to protect the company but overall that's good for everyone in my book. If the company isn't working, or protected, it can result in job losses and hurt employees. It's an important role, and in performing that role by its nature has to look out for its employees as toxic players can affect more than just a single employee. They can bring down entire teams, bring in unwanted media attention, and cost significant amounts in damages, litigations, settlements, fines, etc. 

I cancelled my account deletion JUST because of the fact Terren hired an external investigator to look into Madison's allegations.

Linus, sell everything if you don't want to see your life's work be completely burned down to cinders. Completely friendly advice.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 minute ago, Tanaz said:

My 2 cents on the situation - I highly doubt Madison would suddenly make shit up especially considering the fact that she can destroy her life if she's slandering LMG and gets sued. So why did she choose yesterday of all days to come forward? In my opinion comes down to 2 things - 1) people asking her and spamming her inbox and 2) for the first time since she left public opinion wasn't on the side of LMG. Can you imagine her coming forward just a week prior? She'd get pummeled by the entire community. Hell, she's getting pummeled now after all the other shit happened.

So in essence, human memory is faulty so there might be some inaccuaracies or misappropriations in her statement but I do believe that the bulk of it is true and it might be the first domino to fall in what could be a long list of employees deciding to tell what their experience has been like.

either back it up in a court that isnt public opinion, or pipe down

everyone is tired of unproven "truth bombs" lobbed from keyboards into the ether of popularity contests on the interwebs

Wow, there's a lot of garbage being spat around here.

Good for Madison for coming out. I bet it took a lot of courage.

Madison is a strong woman and needs the whole community to APPLAUD her for coming out. But, of course, people are shitting on her saying "why didn't you speak out sooner buhuh?!"... Look bro, you CLEARLY are a WHITE MALE in POSITION OF POWER to say that. YOU never HAD to speak out against anybody. You don't have to feel the pressure of being repressed because YOU are the one that's repressing others. You are part of the problem. Also, all the other feelings Madison must have felt like... the fear of being harmed and DOXXED by toxic fans, being ignored, helplessness, etc.  YOU don't KNOW these feelings until it happens to YOU. Madison was amazing.

I also worry for all other women in the company, especially those that think of transitioning or are currently transitioning (Emily Young, I think about you!). I've seen the usual garbage transphobic assholes in the comments and, from the few replies I read earlier in this thread, I can say that a lot of you are misogynist as well. I've seen whataboutism too.

I will not talk about what can be done, who should do what or if justice should be brought up because that's not my expertise and, clearly, a lot of people think they are experts on this. No, you are not. Just shut up.

It's about Madison and her experience and all those women that are being oppressed in LMG.

It needs a SERIOUS look at.

I am waiting for another video from the company that AT LEAST acknowledge the issue. It's the VERY STRICT MINIMUM. Then, ACT towards fixing the issues and outing the toxic employees - even if these employees are famous video hosts.

That said, I'm out.

And, yes, the caps are necessary because you actually need shouting to get through some people. Bolding, making italic and underlining text is not enough anymore.

8 minutes ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

It's not their job to mediate these things with you, and this isn't high school.

An "understanding" is probably one of the slimiest things I've read in recent memory.  Exactly what "understading" is this?

It's a typo - I meant to write misunderstanding but thank you for reading it in the worst possible way (it's funny how people are so great at that - it's exactly the point I'm making - apparently I'm slimy because of a typo now, well done).

And YES it's their job to try and  solve interpersonal friction if it's YOU who are the one taking offence at what someone said. It's called being an adult. You're not a kid who can go crying to mommy or the teacher to get things fixed for you. It's not up to your boss or HR to mediate for every little misunderstanding. They're not kindergarten teachers for crying out loud. If you can't be professional, go find another job that's less taxing or start your own business. You ONLY go to HR or managers if you've tried and failed to solve it yourself.

I have the feeling this whole situation could end up really bad for all parties involved and part of the reason will be the whole outrage and tumult of the community. I hope all the parties get the support of friends, medical and legal professionals they need.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

1 hour ago, mMontana said:

"They aren't consistent" is the new "She's blatantly lying". Without risk for being sued or receive allegation for defamation.

She's clearly a scorned employee who is clout chasing.   If she had real accusations, she should go to the police and make real accusations and name real people.  

1 minute ago, Majestic12 said:

It's a typo - I meant to write misunderstanding but thank you for reading it in the worst possible way (it's funny how people are so great at that - it's exactly the point I'm making - apparently I'm slimy because of a typo now, well done).

And YES it's their job to try and  solve interpersonal friction if it's YOU who are the one taking offence at what someone said. It's called being an adult. You're not a kid who can go crying to mommy or the teacher to get things fixed for you. It's not up to your boss or HR to mediate for every little misunderstanding. They're not kindergarten teachers for crying out loud. If you can't be professional, go find another job that's less taxing or start your own business. 

That's exactly what HR is for. That's one of it's primary roles, interpersonal mediation.

Just now, Majestic12 said:

And YES it's their job to try and  solve interpersonal friction if it's YOU who are the one taking offence at what someone said. It's called being an adult. You're not a kid who can go crying to mommy or the teacher to get things fixed for you. It's not up to your boss or HR to mediate for every little misunderstanding. They're not kindergarten teachers for crying out loud. If you can't be professional, go find another job that's less taxing or start your own business. 

No, it is not their job to fix interactions with you.  It is not their job to deal with your social bankruptcy and inability to work together.  It is their job to do their job, and if you are making the job harder they are free and clear to go to the boss and let the boss know their work is suffering.  That this is always happening to you is telling.

If it smells like shit everywhere you go, maybe check your own shoes first.

1 hour ago, Agall said:

Also someone confessing 'mental health issues' should have any of their statements viewed with a grain of salt. Her 'mental health issues' could included schizophrenia for all we know.

Feels like some politics involved, given the statements. None of it really matters unless there's a lawsuit in my opinion. Accusations are that unless something's actually done about it legally, especially if the accusation involves illegal behavior.

Can you expand on the "politics" involved? Are you implying some ulterior motive? 

You also set an extremely high bar to consider her word (only a lawsuit), but feel free to speculate that she might have schizophrenia based on nothing. I don't think you understand how broad the term "mental health" is vast, and by the way, there is a massive chance that you or someone close to you either have an undiagnosed mental health issue or will have it during your lifetime. Then be kinder and don't treat it like mental health means "craziness."

either back it up in a court that isnt public opinion, or pipe down

everyone is tired of unproven "truth bombs" lobbed from keyboards into the ether of popularity contests on the interwebs

That's a logical fallacy and a poor way to look at reality. So since OJ Simpson didn't get convicted he's innocent? There've been many court cases that've been dismissed for one reason or another due to lawyer trickery or corruption. Would you be friends with a known sex offender or a killer if he got proven innocent in court?

Just as automatically believing people can lead you down the wrong path so is waiting for a legal resolution to everything.

Ada is worse than Ampere which is worse than Fermi, change my mind.

System:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS X570 TUF
  • RAM
    2X16GB Kingston Fury 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 4080 Super Gaming OC
  • Case
    Fractal Torrent