Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

4 minutes ago, MrSuperb said:

That recording is not new in any way, but already has been shared and discussed publicly before. Someone is trying to make up a story/drama here again. 

Show me where it's been posted this is the first time I've seen it anywhere 

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It's entirely possible Madison had a bad (possibly civil law violating) experience with a manager or employees that may or may not still be there. But the more I look at this, there's basically no way she hasn't committed Defamation. She's saying a lot of people knew, no one was responding to complaints and that Linus, specifically, ignored the problem.  LMG has had a full HR department for a number of years, which means they have a full file on her time at the company.  She has also publicly confirmed to having serious mental health issues throughout the duration of her employment at LMG.  Everyone else at LMG, at the time, is likely to have a very different perspective on their interactions with her.  And, because she was on the social media side, LMG will have a lot of video of her interactions with people.

This isn't going to end well for anyone.

She was scared to come out and get sued for defamation by LMG that has millions they can spend on legal fees it's only because the community knows about how shitty Linus has become over the years that she can come out and ask for support from the fans that already pissed off by linus for fucking over people left and right center and doubling down on his actions and his stance

10 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

Well I'm just gonna leave this here LTT needs to lawyer up 

Why? What's wrong with this? This is super standard, and they got anonymous forms plus an outside HR firm.

11 minutes ago, dave6018 said:

what a joke!!  funny how Maddison comes out with a statement like this right now!! do I believe her, not in a million years, I think she took the job and it wasn't what she thought, she was in over her head and wanted a way out. 

So firstly you have to question the other staff if this was allowed to go on then what does it say about the other women there? I think some other women would have said something, do you not? 

She mentioned that Linus announced the job before she knew about it. she has a month she could have said no or how much, and then I have seen people mention her workload, F*ck me I would kill for a workload like that.  

If her case is cast iron, why hasn't she taken legal action? do they not have no win no fee? She will be on late at night with steve burke doing an interview. 

I have to agree here. If it is as serious as she's claiming to be, with actual text/email receipts or any recordings then she has a valid case and should have gone to the authorities. Remember, these aren't American Authorities so the "Sexist" Police excuse everyone uses in America won't fly. Instead she Screenshots a post that was made which says the same thing I said. Which is that if Linus or anyone else at LTT is charged with a crime they'd hear about it like people are hearing about what's gone on in the last 48 hours. Canada is a country where the person accused is innocent until proven guilty (as it should be) regardless of what Linus or LMG has done prior with the legitimate issues with Billet, their lack of proper testing (Which has email and Video receipts). She's jumping on it now that public opinion is against LMG to have more support than she would've had otherwise.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that the GN Video came out and revealed the Billet Labs issues would she have come out around this time still? Or in a week?

4 minutes ago, MrSuperb said:

That recording is not new in any way, but already has been shared and discussed publicly before. Someone is trying to make up a story/drama here again. 

Do you have a link for the original discussion on it? If the original post got deleted then I can see why it got brought up again.

Please answer Honestly, say LTT sues Madison for saying this and wins cause shes making things up, would your forgive LTT and write sorrys on this fourm?

8 minutes ago, MrSuperb said:

And doing a poor job as that is a pretty solid meeting that addresses clearly what is and isn't tolerated, and provides four options for reporting, including to a third party and/or anonymously. 

2 minutes ago, KOAO said:

I have to agree here. If it is as serious as she's claiming to be, with actual text/email receipts or any recordings then she has a valid case and should have gone to the authorities. Remember, these aren't American Authorities so the "Sexist" Police excuse everyone uses in America won't fly. Instead she Screenshots a post that was made which says the same thing I said. Which is that if Linus or anyone else at LTT is charged with a crime they'd hear about it like people are hearing about what's gone on in the last 48 hours. Canada is a country where the person accused is innocent until proven guilty (as it should be) regardless of what Linus or LMG has done prior with the legitimate issues with Billet, their lack of proper testing (Which has email and Video receipts). She's jumping on it now that public opinion is against LMG to have more support than she would've had otherwise.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that the GN Video came out and revealed the Billet Labs issues would she have come out around this time still? Or in a week?

you're an absolutely abhorrent and disgusting human being

8 minutes ago, MrSuperb said:

Do you know this for sure, the OP on the Reddit thread, claims this is new, and that this proof that they are in contact etc.

image.png.0f9b7a060fd9f07885087c27d00ec842.png

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

BC literally has protected reporting through government agencies for work place issues. But she took to Twitter because she has other axes to grind about her time at the company. (She signed a contract she didn't like, which is understandable to be annoyed about.)

Laws do not protect you from psychopathic sycophants, they only protect you from people who choose to obey the law. All sorts of people are harmed every day by people who believe the law is irrelevant to themselves.

3 minutes ago, Caphenning said:

She’s already said why she is afraid to, the LTT “community” is a bunch of psychopaths, sycophants full of hate and evil. It’s safer to just move on than threaten the object of adore of what’s basically a cult of personality. 

You can only let people behind the phone hurt you if you allow it too. And she doesn’t have to read all her hate mail or open any messages from sources she doesn’t know. People got so soft worrying about approval from people on the internet they forgot how to stick up for them selfs when someone’s crossed the line. And literally if your gonna let a bunch of sweaty dudes which is 90% of LTT demographic decided rather you report actual sexual abuse then you need to re-evaluate life cause not a single person on this forum really matter to the next person 

2 minutes ago, KOAO said:

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that the GN Video came out and revealed the Billet Labs issues would she have come out around this time still? 

Probably not, because a week ago the public perception of LMG was still by and large very positive, and there wouldn't have been press members contacting every former LMG employee they could find.

The reason why there tends to be a deluge effect in situations like this is because individual victims of a prominent, widely admired person or organization don't want to come forward for fear of being dismissed or shouted down. But when something happens that causes a reassessment of that person or organization, which causes the public to see them/it in a different light and maybe question whether they were as admirable as they previously though, they feel safer speaking out. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, sawbones said:

you're an absolutely abhorrent and disgusting human being

and your really lovely????

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You literally came in this thread, your first post and your first post on the forum overall, saying you disbelieved Madison based on anecdotal personal experience. 

Then when other people question your account of your experiences, you say that you weren't there so they don't know. But you weren't there for what allegedly happened to Madison either.

If you had just said "There's no hard proof for this, so I can't take it as credible" like some other people have, that would at least be a somewhat defensible position. But either these unverifiable, one-sided accounts of stuff that happened have validity, or they don't. If you expect us to take yours seriously, you have to take Madison's seriously as well. If you say other people can't question your experiences, you can't question Madison's.

What we're left with, reading between the lines of your posts, is that you have an axe to grind because people you work with have complained about your behavior repeatedly (although of course you swear all the complaints were unjust), and now because of this you assume anybody who complains about being mistreated by a coworker, anywhere, ever, is lying, despite your complete lack of actual knowledge of what happened or didn't happen.

That's really bad logic on your part. It doesn't matter that this is my first post - you realize the scandal attracted a LOT of new people right? I also didn't write a flippant post - I made it balanced with personal examples, gave her the benefit of the doubt in some areas but said that I think it was mostly fuelled by her being unable to keep up, getting stressed out and it leading to friction within the team. Is that no reasonable? The responses I received were immature and dismissive which is ironic since according to many here I have to blindly believe Madison but my personal experience are dismissed - and again you do the same? You make huge assumptions about me but somehow I can't do the same for a public figure who chose to be in the spot light? You know what hypocrisy is right?

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not, my poor old mind can not cope with checking back through so many pages of posts.

So here goes:

We reached out to Sebastian about these latest accusations, and he responded via email, saying:

I was in a state of shock reading through these allegations, plain and simple. They aren’t consistent with my recollections. They aren’t consistent with our internal processes. They aren’t consistent with our company values.

We pride ourselves on maintaining a safe and inclusive environment. In addition to our existing report systems (both anonymous and otherwise) we’ve proactively reached out internally today to encourage members of our team to report any workplace bullying or harassment they might be experiencing so we can take quick and decisive action.

Our HR team will be conducting a more thorough assessment of the allegations, and when we are ready, we will release a more complete statement. For now I would ask that we allow our team the time they need be as thorough as possible.

Source: The Verge 

13 minutes ago, William Isted said:

Read the god damn threads. Defence of this stupid opinion has been posted several times.

I read every one of them. Real accusations need to go to police as real accusations. Right now, she’s just feeding the GN trolls who have come here in the past day… to troll. No one should have to deal with bases allegations that ruin careers. People lie all the time, especially people who get fired. 

2 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Do you know this for sure, the OP on the Reddit thread, claims this is new, and that this proof that they are in contact etc.

image.png.0f9b7a060fd9f07885087c27d00ec842.png

Yes 100%

and that is the whole point. People a making up stuff just to fuel this whole drama train.

one example, but I am sure there have been more:

https://old.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/11dltrr/unreleased_meeting_december_9_2021/

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

5 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Why? What's wrong with this? This is super standard, and they got anonymous forms plus an outside HR firm.

The people freaking out over this have literally never been to a HR/HS team briefing. 

18 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

Well I'm just gonna leave this here LTT needs to lawyer up 

I really do not hear anything damning in that audio. Why would they need to lawyer up?
Linus seems to be taking it seriously there and giving employees the information they need to escalate issues going forward as it was brought to their attention the processes were not clear before hand.  

James while a bit tasteless is joking with his boss and breaking the tension as that room is going to be SUPER tense after that. 

Just now, Cletis said:

You can only let people behind the phone hurt you if you allow it too. And she doesn’t have to read all her hate mail or open any messages from sources she doesn’t know. People got so soft worrying about approval from people on the internet they forgot how to stick up for them selfs when someone’s crossed the line. And literally if your gonna let a bunch of sweaty dudes which is 90% of LTT demographic decided rather you report actual sexual abuse then you need to re-evaluate life cause not a single person on this forum really matter to the next person 

Textbook victim-blaming.

"Sticks and stones." "I'm rubber and you're glue."

This shit advice doesn't work with kids on the playground, and it sure as hell doesn't work when you have thousands of lunatics sending you threats on social media, but someone who has never gone through that and never will will always trot it out so they can belittle someone who is. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

17 minutes ago, dave6018 said:

what a joke!!  funny how Maddison comes out with a statement like this right now!! do I believe her, not in a million years, I think she took the job and it wasn't what she thought, she was in over her head and wanted a way out. 

So firstly you have to question the other staff if this was allowed to go on then what does it say about the other women there? I think some other women would have said something, do you not? 

She mentioned that Linus announced the job before she knew about it. she has a month she could have said no or how much, and then I have seen people mention her workload, F*ck me I would kill for a workload like that.  

If her case is cast iron, why hasn't she taken legal action? do they not have no win no fee? She will be on late at night with steve burke doing an interview. 

The response of someone who hasn’t gone back in the thread for info. And someone I wouldn’t want to know IRL.

1 minute ago, 1982 Original said:

the GN trolls who have come here in the past day… to troll. 

My account's two years older than yours and I have thousands more posts. You can't bury your head in the sand and pretend everybody taking this seriously is a "GN troll" who just signed up. I mean, you can try, but you'll just look foolish.