Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

6 minutes ago, starsmine said:

I really do not hear anything damning in that audio. Why would they need to lawyer up?
Linus seems to be taking it seriously there and giving employees the information they need to escalate issues going forward as it was brought to their attention the processes were not clear before hand.  

James while a bit tasteless is joking with his boss and breaking the tension as that room is going to be SUPER tense after that. 

Making a sex joke during a meeting?  This particular meeting? 

16 minutes ago, Neroon said:

It's basically the same name, so that doesn't say much.

Looks like this account has been on an anti-LMG tirade for 6 months or more judging by a quick search. Lots of posts in /r/antiwork and some questionable far-left ideaology/ semi-delusional ones throughout as well. Not exactly a reputable source, nor one I'd expect to be the mouthpiece for LMG employees. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=NitazeneKing+site:www.reddit.com

:

2 minutes ago, Erioch said:

They made dumb sponsor and sex jokes in the apology video this morning for the issues pointed out by GN, so I can't say I'm surprised someone would make a joke during a behind-the-scenes meeting that was inappropriate for the situation. 

Not, by itself, damning. Just poor taste. I think there's probably a pervasive culture of this kind of "That's what she said" "banter" at LMG to the point people don't have a sense of when they should pull it back.

That is not to say that "banter" is all that happened in the incidents Madison is talking about, although if that kind of culture is really pervasive it can enable people who are actually predatory because they can hide behind "I was just joking like always."

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 minutes ago, MrSuperb said:

Yes 100%

and that is the whole point. People a making up stuff just to fuel this whole drama train.

one example, but I am sure there have been more:

https://old.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/11dltrr/unreleased_meeting_december_9_2021/

I think they arent saying theres anything damning in the meeting itself, but its proof that they have a source they can get info from.

11 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

I read every one of them. Real accusations need to go to police as real accusations. Right now, she’s just feeding the GN trolls who have come here in the past day… to troll. No one should have to deal with bases allegations that ruin careers. People lie all the time, especially people who get fired. 

The fact you think she’s “feeding GN tolls” says more about you than you think it does.

3 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

I do take accusations seriously. Especially those that go to the authorities to be investigated. Until then, it’s slander. 

IMG_1760.thumb.jpeg.d1e47c3b8e0c4838f2869454019d3969.jpegI agree. The subreddit mods have a different idea apparently. 

3 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Starsmine did say it was tasteless?

And excused it as "breaking tension".

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

They made dumb sponsor and sex jokes in the apology video this morning for the issues pointed out by GN

I must've missed it.  What did they joke about?

31 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

Well I'm just gonna leave this here LTT needs to lawyer up 

What uh, what do you feel about this particular meeting is so damning that LTT would need additional legal representation?  Like its a completely standard HR meeting that would probably happen at any company in the wake of any kind of accusations or media attention, also literally any new employee onboarding procedure.  Not a particular fan of James' comment at the end but this is actually nothing 

Just now, Erioch said:

I've already forgotten the specifics but I know there were "sponsor segue" jokes. There may not have been an double entendre joke, I'm not watching the damn thing again to make sure, I'm so past the shit addressed in there, honestly. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Erioch said:

This sounds really bad without context.

This meeting was to update everyone on what they have to offer and how to deal with possible issues. Then James made a joke about Linus standing on the table. Now had he said: "Hey Sarah, get on that table and dance for us", then yeah, that would be horrible. When you are making a harmless joke about your employer and CEO, who you have worked with for like 10 years, then you clearly don't get the dynamic.

17 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

I started today with 0 on my ignore list, I think I'm up to 14

I'm sorry but this is too good of a bait for me not to take it...

Typical HR - Ignore people you disagree with!

Had to be done.

I just made an account to just to reply to this. Even though LMG messed up, I don't think that this could be a real thing. If the following allegations are actually true, why would you go on a stupid media app to "let out your frustrations" on a company, when you could sue them and put them in a grave? There are tons of resources and services that help you with the workspace problems, and you decide to air it out on "X"? (What would that even achieve???) I believe, this is most likely just to "go out with a bang." If you're in a following situation as Madison claims, please reach out to a helpline and sue the company. By just a simple Google search, I found a great resource on how to take action in these types of situations: https://www.aftermetoo.com/act/

8 minutes ago, Erioch said:

"WE'RE AIMING FOR SIX NINES." *awful Luke smile*

So essentially Madison quits and then they decide to have a company meeting about it, ok not bad so far.
The Linus's entire talking points are "Work as a team and if you have a problem talk to the person directly or go to HR!!!"
Then James makes a lude joke
meeting over

Wasn't most of Madison's problems that HR didn't do anything to help her?????

The only thing thats making me doubt the story now is the fact that i doubt Yvonne would do nothing about this situation, considering shes a woman as well. Maybe Madison never reported to her, but that doesn't make sense.

Does anyone else believe that madison potentially walked into an environment pre-disposed to be hostile towards her? She landed a job by being popular on ROG rig reboot. Everyone else applied and made it through thousands of candidates. What I know about staff is they will use things like that to make a co-workers life a living hell. 

A young, inexperienced in dealing with conflict, person, Would Feel, Say and do specifically the things that Madison Described. Compound that with daily flavors of sexual harassments, and the results are what you see here. 

for the work schedule. High intensity, I believe the finance department was driving the video schedule and social media schedule. Quantity was used to drum up finances, resulting in the work pressure. 

8 minutes ago, Neroon said:

This sounds really bad without context.

This meeting was to update everyone on what they have to offer and how to deal with possible issues. Then James made a joke about Linus standing on the table. Now had he said: "Hey Sarah, get on that table and dance for us", then yeah, that would be horrible. When you are making a harmless joke about your employer and CEO, who you have worked with for like 10 years, then you clearly don't get the dynamic.

Sex jokes were made during her exit interview too
https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15t1mzn/mandatory_meeting_the_after_madisons_departure/

1 minute ago, The_Poff said:

Does anyone else believe that madison potentially walked into an environment pre-disposed to be hostile towards her? She landed a job by being popular on ROG rig reboot. Everyone else applied and made it through thousands of candidates. What I know about staff is they will use things like that to make a co-workers life a living hell. 

A young, inexperienced in dealing with conflict, person, Would Feel, Say and do specifically the things that Madison Described. Compound that with daily flavors of sexual harassments, and the results are what you see here. 

for the work schedule. High intensity, I believe the finance department was driving the video schedule and social media schedule. Quantity was used to drum up finances, resulting in the work pressure. 

I thought everyone thought this............???????

1 minute ago, The_Poff said:

even if that is the case, wtf would ever actually justify harassing her?

Who cares if she was on a video.  Newbie or not, you don't harass people.  

8 minutes ago, Reclus said:

I'm sorry but this is too good of a bait for me not to take it...

Typical HR - Ignore people you disagree with!

Had to be done.

That's a good one. 

5 minutes ago, FarvM said:

I just made an account to just to reply to this. Even though LMG messed up, I don't think that this could be a real thing. If the following allegations are actually true, why would you go on a stupid media app to "let out your frustrations" on a company, when you could sue them and put them in a grave? There are tons of resources and services that help you with the workspace problems, and you decide to air it out on "X"? (What would that even achieve???) I believe, this is most likely just to "go out with a bang." If you're in a following situation as Madison claims, please reach out to a helpline and sue the company. By just a simple Google search, I found a great resource on how to take action in these types of situations: https://www.aftermetoo.com/act/

https://www.reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/comments/15t1mzn/mandatory_meeting_the_after_madisons_departure/

Here you go if you don't think this could be a real thing it's a sex joke during her exit interview

3 minutes ago, Booch121 said:

So essentially Madison quits and then they decide to have a company meeting about it, ok not bad so far.
The Linus's entire talking points are "Work as a team and if you have a problem talk to the person directly or go to HR!!!"
Then James makes a lude joke
meeting over

Wasn't most of Madison's problems that HR didn't do anything to help her?????

The only thing thats making me doubt the story now is the fact that i doubt Yvonne would do nothing about this situation, considering shes a woman as well. Maybe Madison never reported to her, but that doesn't make sense.

If the problem was Yvonnes husband and father of their children, would you report it?

1 minute ago, jitteryzeitgeist said:

If the problem was Yvonnes husband and father of their children, would you report it?

You are right. Sickening if true.

2 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

That's a good one. 

Heck! You have a sense of humour?

You sure you are working in HR?

10 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I've already forgotten the specifics but I know there were "sponsor segue" jokes. There may not have been an double entendre joke, I'm not watching the damn thing again to make sure, I'm so past the shit addressed in there, honestly. 

transcription if you're having trouble hearing:

(speaker 1, Linus) So we called this meeting because it's come to our attention that we need to have a quick chat about the best way to handle HR related feedback and rumors. We won't be giving any names for what I hope are extraordinarily obvious reasons, but what we can do is give you the following guidelines for problem solving and conflict resolution.

Sorry that this is all boring and corporate, but here we are. Number one, always stand up for what's right. We're only a team as long as we're all working together and working for each other. That's the most important one. Number two, always reflect on your own personal experiences and use your common sense. Few things in life are truly black and white. Number three, always wait to hear both sides of a story before passing your own judgment. Be cautious when you know that one side is bound by legal and ethical disclosure guidelines, when the other is not. Carefully consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip against someone who has no power to defend themselves.

Number four, always encourage openness and transparency. If you have a problem, you need to speak up. We want to fix it. If you receive feedback about somebody else at this company, the first response is, have you spoken with this person? Followed closely by, you need to speak with this person. We don't solve interpersonal issues here, or really anywhere in your life, if you wish to live in a drama free zone, by engaging in water cooler politicking. So, if for any reason that individual is not comfortable approaching the person they're having a conflict with, we have a chain that they're supposed to follow.

So first, you advise them to take the problem to their manager. Followed by me or Yvonne, followed by our third party HR firm. I hope that you all trust that we're here to make this a safe, fun, and productive workplace, and we won't tolerate mistreatment of any of our team members.

If you have any reason to believe otherwise, then I refer you again to point number four, which is to address the issue with the individual directly, or bring it to me or Yvonne, or bring it to our third party HR firm. Since I'm not at liberty to share any details about what occurred, uh, all I can do is ask that you trust me and Yvonne.

Um, some of you know us very well, I've been here a very long time, um, some of you have not been here for as long, but I like to think that whether you've been here for nine years or nine days, you're here for a reason and you believe that we are utmost to run this company with integrity and compassion.

Um, We can't solve problems we don't know about though, so on that note, I'd like to invite anyone who has concerns about a fellow team member or about a manager to submit their feedback either by speaking with their manager, near Yvonne directly, or if you would prefer to provide your feedback anonymously, we have an option for that as well.

It's the manager and co worker feedback form. Uh, Yvonne, if you're not aware of it, show of hands who is not aware of it. Hey, a lot of people aren't aware of it. Good, so now we all know. There's an anonymous form, if for whatever reason you're not comfortable, (inaudible) you can talk to me or Yvonne directly about it (inaudible) in the general chat.

It's a safe space to provide us ideas for improvement, or if you're consumed by the holiday spirit and you want to say nice things, you can do that too. Does anybody else have any questions?

Not a single questions? Wow, that must have been a really good speech.

(speaker 2, James)You gonna dance on that table, or just stand on it?

(speaker 1, Linus)That's it! So, um, Yvonne, did you have anything you wanted to add?

(inaudible)

(speaker 3, Ivonne)Do you guys want to sanitize your hands (inaudible)?

(speaker 1, Linus)Yeah, that was actually just totally random timing. It came up the stairs a moment ago. Dennis is on it. Alright. Thank you everyone. Have a wonderful and, uh, productive rest of your day. And weekend.