Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

6 minutes ago, coopa said:

I'm sorry but this is a pretty broke take. Not everyone who faces a hostile workplace or sexual harassment at work files a lawsuit, nor does not filing a lawsuit mean definitively that it didn't happen. Victims of workplace or sexual harassment often don't file lawsuits (sometimes, complaints internally - Madison said there was no process because upper management at LMG controlled HR and ignored her complaint taking no action on them) because they fear retaliation from the current or ex-employer, or others (which, given the content of this thread, was totally justified in Madison saying she feared the fanbase harassing her, sending her death threats, and attacking her character).

If these were easily dismissed matters, Terren Tong as LMG CEO would not be hiring a third party investigator to get to the bottom of things. 

The investigation will get to the bottom of things, in the course of some time.

You can literally report it the authority if the work place refuses to do anything about it specially if there’s inappropriate touching going on that’s sexual harassment and against the law so when the work place HR fails that’s when you get lawyers and police involved. But regardless if tarren really hired a private investigator then eventually the truth will come out. But anyone to scared to report a workplace or someone at a workplace need to get a backbone no offenses but what can they really do to you if what you claim is happening is real there the ones in the wrong so you really have nothing to loose if you know without a doubt something happened to you at the work place. Any argument saying they can’t report is an excuse and lack of backbone unless you have a gun to your head speak up be heard and stop living in fear of what might happen if you report your accuser it’s 2023 there isn’t much these employers can do to scare a person into silence if you already plan to quit and with social media you can literally record any interaction between them and have that as proof. 

34 minutes ago, dwrecks said:

God, it's always crushingly depressing to see how effective propaganda is on north Americans, and how easily convinced they are to act against their own interests 

Wrong timezone, I'm afraid - I'm in the UK. I've tried to enlist the assistance of unions twice in my employment history and once for my wife, and all three times the response was (paraphrased), "It's too risky for us to do what you're asking, so we'll have to decline". Twice for some serious harassment, and once for an ongoing case that ended up as constructive dismissal, but they could've stopped it. That's three different unions.

Makes me a bit cynical, to be honest. I don't doubt there are places where it works, but certainly here in the UK...the experience isn't that great.

Also - note that I didn't say unions were useless and don't protect employees. I just said that they'll generally protect themselves first (at least here in the UK).

9 minutes ago, BigFatTeddy said:

I'm just wondering why you would expect impartiality from any HR, seriously? The primary function of HR is to protect the company; that's what people in HR are paid for. Everything else is a myth.

Big picture, you're often right.

But ultimately removing bad actors and problematic employees is also good of the company. If a manager is constantly being reported on for insulting employees or degrading his direct reports, that is a liability that no company wants to deal with.

Trust me, the average HR rep. wants to do good for the person, the top of the HR team is a crapshoot. I know that a few HR teams I've been on are actually useful, some are bureaucratic, and some are useless. It depends on the head of HR and the board.

4 minutes ago, Zberg said:

I mean there was a mental health professional here earlier that came to a similar, if not more harsh, critique of madison. 

An actual mental health professional (at least, a good one) wouldn't make offhand comments on an internet forum judging someone's mental health based solely on observing social media posts. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Thanks for your valuable take as a mental health professional.

You could have just summed up this anecdote with "Chicks be so crazy, amirite?" and we would still have gotten exactly where you're coming from. 

It's amusing how people respond to my post by strawmanning and exaggerating to show how wrong I am when I say she's likely exaggerating. How ironic.

And no, it's not "chicks be crazy", it's "young inexperienced people, especially women are a lot more sensitive these days and read things wrong on the work floor and can make some pretty bad unwarranted accusations". I gave my work example to show it happens frequently. Men tend to complain way less - anyone who works in HR will confirm this.

12 hours ago, Drazil100 said:

Assuming it's true I don't think she is trying to "handle" things or even necessarily do damage to LMG. I think she just needed to vent about something she has been forced to bottle up. This seems more about mental health than about trying to make LMG pay.

Some simple research (I'm from the US, so Canadians please correct me) says that Canada's healthcare doesn't provide therapy unless prescribed by a doctor, and even then actual licensed therapists aren't necessarily covered (Source). Given the overwork, it would be a reasonable guess that at the time that wouldn't have been a option. As for after she left, I'm pretty sure anyone would just want to leave those events in the past. 

Just now, Cletis said:

You can literally report it the authority if the work place refuses to do anything about it specially if there’s inappropriate touching going on that’s sexual harassment and against the law so when the work place HR fails that’s when you get lawyers and police involved. But regardless if tarren really hired a private investigator then eventually the truth will come out. But anyone to scared to report a workplace or someone at a workplace need to get a backbone no offenses but what can they really do to you if what you claim is happening is real there the ones in the wrong so you really have nothing to loose if you know without a doubt something happened to you at the work place. Any argument saying they can’t report is an excuse and lack of backbone unless you have a gun to your head speak up be heard and stop living in fear of what might happen if you report your accuser it’s 2023 there isn’t much these employers can do to scare a person into silence if you already plan to quit and with social media you can literally record any interaction between them and have that as proof. 

Getting lawyers and police involved is neither cheap nor effective. We all live in societies where we write laws to make it sound like something is being done about our psychopathic behaviors, then ignore those laws because in the end, we all choose to live as psychopaths.

https://youtu.be/Nd0jFEfF44M

6 minutes ago, Cletis said:

That is the most tone-deaf and uninformed thoughts about how harassment and how victims should be expected to react I have ever seen.

The world isn't that black-or-white.

Just now, Majestic12 said:

Men tend to complain way less - anyone who works in HR will confirm this.

Men are taught "suck it up," "boys don't cry," "tough it out," to generally bury their emotions and never, ever let on that they're struggling or ask for help, from birth so I don't doubt that's true. Doesn't make it healthy, or make it less valid when women do "complain." 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Caphenning said:

Getting lawyers and police involved is neither cheap nor effective. We all live in societies where we write laws to make it sound like something is being done about our psychopathic behaviors, then ignore those laws because in the end, we all choose to live as psychopaths.

https://youtu.be/Nd0jFEfF44M

Doing what she’s doing now is neither cheap or effective either. If your gonna publicly accuse someone with no merit to anything your saying all your doing is hurting your own case and image. If you feel this strongly about a workplace situation then you should get lawyers and authority involved and press the issue every week till you get result. 

I'll just say this, women have a definite leg up on such matters, they can make claims, and never have to back them up, and still be beleived because no one wants to be seen to be on the wrong side of requiring them to back statements up - whats the opposite of mysogony, oh, thats being bullied, but when its females doing it, thats okay, because, theyre ladies. Or as Orwell got right so long ago, some animals are more equal than others.

In my country at the moment, we had 2 years of assumption that a female was sexually assaulted, only for it to go to court, for a juror to cause a mistrial, but then for the prosecutor to come out and say that he was abandoning a retrial because of the mental health strain of the defendant (free goal #1), but not before adding that "he felt he would win any retrial", which is kinda of like having another free shot at goal after the siren...completely denying the accused of any right to a presumtion of innocence (not that that hadnt been eroded by irresponsible journalists (female) who had done their very best to also make sure the defendent never got a fair trial or presumption oif innocence). The last few months have shown the depth of not only planning of all this by the accuser and her female media pack, but exposed the prosecutor as acting almost criminally after a review of the case, to the poitn he resigned (why he was allowed to instead of being hauled before the courts for lying to the courts is another matter). Every week we find some new evidence that the whole thing was planned out.

So heres my point:

Ladies if you have a grievance, back it up in a court of law, but dont lob grenades from the sidelines (social media isnt a court), because thats not helping anyone, least of all other women. The case ive mentioned has probably set back every women who has legitimately been raped or otherwise sexually assaulted or even stalked 20 years, because its not just men who are SICK of the #metoo movement by now, its other women being sold down the river by women who make false/fake claims or arent willing to stand up in court....and lob grenades from the sidelines

Free goals, without proof, are getting tiring.....

11 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

It's amusing how people respond to my post by strawmanning and exaggerating to show how wrong I am when I say she's likely exaggerating. How ironic.

And no, it's not "chicks be crazy", it's "young inexperienced people, especially women are a lot more sensitive these days and read things wrong on the work floor and can make some pretty bad unwarranted accusations". I gave my work example to show it happens frequently. Men tend to complain way less - anyone who works in HR will confirm this.

Historically, sure.

Last few years... no, that's not true. The last few years men have changed and are no longer putting on the facade of manliness.

People have been complaining, asking why Madison didn't speak about this before. This is the same logic one could apply to the victims of any abusive situation. In many circumstances the incident is not immediately reported and will often be revealed a long time into the future. As a victim of child sexual abuse, it took my stepfather being reported by a child at the school he worked at for me to be brave enough to say he did it to me too. I was, although young, fully intent on keeping the secret forever once it had happened, because I could not simply even conceive of telling somebody.

This is very common. Obviously not the same thing, but it's clear Madison did not want to air this out in public, because you don't deliberately stay as quiet as she did unless you really don't want to talk about it . Like what, she was just waiting for the best moment to shit on LMG these past few years? It just gave her courage, guys.

5 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Men tend to complain way less - anyone who works in HR will confirm this.

I'll add to this the MOST corrosive people in a workplace towards women are OTHER women, because they love to tear each other down...as any HR manager will tell you...

But lets not talk about that either.....

Just now, stylemessiah said:

But lets not talk about that either.....

Yeah, let's not, because it's completely irrelevant. 

yeah lets not talk about that because it's entirely irrelevant to the conversation

4 minutes ago, alextriforce549 said:

Some simple research (I'm from the US, so Canadians please correct me) says that Canada's healthcare doesn't provide therapy unless prescribed by a doctor, and even then actual licensed therapists aren't necessarily covered (Source). Given the overwork, it would be a reasonable guess that at the time that wouldn't have been an option. As for after she left, I'm pretty sure anyone would just want to leave those events in the past. 

Not everyone. Some people need to come out to move on. In her case she couldn’t cause she would be speaking out against a popular internet celebrity. Now that people’s faith in LMG is at an all time low, she felt comfortable enough to come out and move on. 

57 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Because why are you taking sides at all?

There are no sides to be taken, dont be like im on LMG's side or im on Madison's side. This isnt that. There is no black and white, good, evil, shinangins here. As Madison points out, there were countless amazing people she worked with there.  Mostly decent People made mistakes, Mistakes that hurt other people, mistakes that were traumatizing, and a community that harrasses people because "sides". STOP. That sides mindset is not healthy or productive. 

Do not attack or harass members of LMG because you feel justified in doing so because you are NOT justified. 

I completely agree with you, there aren't sides to take here as this is a legal matter, and harassment is wrong, a lot of the harassment and accusations people have been making has been really toxic because people decided to take sides on this.

However one point to note is I remember when people found out that the LTT subreddit had staff at LMG working as mods on the subreddit, even though LTT denied it and insisted they had no involvement with the subreddit, it would be concerning if they're trying to keep people quiet from bringing up the allegations at all on the subreddit.

39 minutes ago, William Isted said:

You have to pay lawyers...

Even if this gets resolved, you are unlikelty to "see some legal documents".

This, lawyers cost money, a good layer to fight a company is quite expensive.

And this is a legal issue, I doubt anything is going to be public about it.

Edited by Blademaster91

2 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

Historically, sure.

Last few years... no, that's not true. The last few years men have changed and are no longer putting on the facade of manliness.

It still doesn't excuse things. People should learn to talk things over instead of going behinds their backs to accuse them of something terrible to the boss. It creates a really bad work atmosphere to do things like that and it's likely this is what created bad blood between her and the rest of the team. Again, all this I've seen many times in my professional life so I know it happens. It's often because people want to forego confrontations but in going behind their backs they're actually making things way worse, especially if it involves an understanding.

Would YOU like to be called to the boss because a colleague accused you of something you absolutely didn't mean in a negative way? It happened to me more than once in the past and I can tell you it's no fun. It also makes you really dislike the person who put you in that position.

5 minutes ago, lavenderu said:

People have been complaining, asking why Madison didn't speak about this before. This is the same logic one could apply to the victims of any abusive situation. In many circumstances the incident is not immediately reported and will often be revealed a long time into the future. As a victim of child sexual abuse, it took my stepfather being reported by a child at the school he worked at for me to be brave enough to say he did it to me too. I was, although young, fully intent on keeping the secret forever once it had happened, because I could not simply even conceive of telling somebody.

This is very common. Obviously not the same thing, but it's clear Madison did not want to air this out in public, because you don't deliberately stay as quiet as she did unless you really don't want to talk about it . Like what, she was just waiting for the best moment to shit on LMG these past few years? It just gave her courage, guys.

Hate to tell you, you need to immediately educate yourself as to the uncomfortable truth that women bide their time better than a big cat waiting for the time to pounce and weaponise their grievances

Or perhaps you have never met a female ....

1 minute ago, Majestic12 said:

It still doesn't excuse things. People should learn to talk things over instead of going behinds their backs to accuse them of something terrible to the boss. It creates a really bad work atmosphere to do things like that and it's likely this is what created bad blood between her and the rest of the team. Again, all this I've seen many times in my professional life so I know it happens. It's often because people want to forego confrontations but in going behind their backs they're actually making things way worse, especially if it involves an understanding.

Would YOU like to be called to the boss because a colleague accused you of something you absolutely didn't mean in a negative way? It happened to me more than once in the past and I can tell you it's no fun. It also makes you really dislike the person who put you in that position.

Might want to check my post again there, you may have missed the exact bolded passage I was responding to.

4 minutes ago, lavenderu said:

Actually that part is really easy - LTT has a huge fan base, going against LTT would have likely made people really angry at her because she doesn't have any proof for  her accusations. Now that the community is turning against LTT it's  obviously the best time to speak out. Look at MeToo: loads of testimonies started to pop up after a few people speak out. Suddenly "everyone" was groped or molested by Harvey Weinstein. There's safety in doing this when there's other lightning rods around to take part of the heat.

It sounds like you have a history of speaking in ways that might be easily misconstrued. Funny, I've gone my entire life without this happening.

3 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

It's not their job to mediate these things with you, and this isn't high school.

An "understanding" is probably one of the slimiest things I've read in recent memory.  Exactly what "understading" is this?

Canadian bros, can you guys clarify something for me? I mean, shes basically accusing someone or a group of people of sexual harassement. That's a crime, as far as i know. I don't think you need a lawyer to pursuit a CRIMINAL offense, right? I mean, doesn't the Canadian State represent the victim here? At least that's how it works here in Brazil.